marlon

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

marlon

Post by happyrain »

marlon is the name of one of the yoga instructors where i practice so i would consider him one of my teachers. this was the inspiration that came from him.

--

in every moment i'm seeking opportunity
to exist outside myself
from worry over the unknown future
or fear from a long lost past
breath is my greatest drug
to be here and now
"there is no trial that does not reveal a great truth."
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: marlon

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Eric, :)

Marlon seems to be a very wise teacher.
I think I will meditate on this today...
"there is no trial that does not reveal a great truth."
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thanks Sandy, I think so.

This piece applies to the many unknowns and one sided variables, realities that create anxiety. I am learning to alleviate anxiety by exploring and practicing acceptance.

Self-acceptance and acceptance in general.

The true nature of something will reveal itself in time.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Today I blew a gasket at work. It goes to show how that one sided experience can really mutate into something nasty. Though the lesson(this poem) was received as an idea- the action necessary to accomplish the idea is needed. Sometimes others unwittingly spur insecurities within due to ignorance and neglect. This idea of acceptance and battling varying levels of anxiety is a life long journey. It's important to believe you will overcome. It's important to take time in stillness and concentrate on ideas of divine love. Make peace with your past and consider whether your discomfort is from a combination of the future or past. Friction is okay, it's all an opportunity for growth. Though one ought to treat others how they wish to be treated, it would be unrealistic to expect that same treatment in return. Knowing this still give your best and consider it honoring God, divine love, the unbound.

Interestingly enough, though I am still a child and often rebellious, Swami V is teaching us the importance of not attaching to any positive or negative outcome. The timing of this all is unique and I suppose I'm here venting. :lol:

I am one to believe God has our best interest at heart, we don't always know what this means.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Your poem is so very inciteful. It's as if every line rings with truth. Shows how deeply you have been contemplating your being here.
happyrain wrote: Wed Feb 19, 2020 1:44 amThis piece applies to the many unknowns and one sided variables, realities that create anxiety. I am learning to alleviate anxiety by exploring and practicing acceptance. Self-acceptance and acceptance in general. The true nature of something will reveal itself in time.
You are working so hard!
happyrain wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:11 amToday I blew a gasket at work.
One thing we can count on is that spirit will continually place lessons in our path... no matter how difficult, to get us to the point of getting to the other side of what is blocking our progression. As always, it's easier to have the understanding of who we want to be in the solace of the silence of our own mind. Much harder to achieve when stacked between the rest of humanity sharing our space... that's for sure. You're doing a great job! Look what you've accomplished! Erasing anxiety IS NOT EASY! We try, we fail, we try again. In the trying, we erase the failure until we can breathe a sigh of relief. That thing is put into the category of, " Why did it cause me so much anxiety and pain?"
happyrain wrote: Thu Feb 20, 2020 6:11 amIt goes to show how that one sided experience can really mutate into something nasty. Though the lesson(this poem) was received as an idea- the action necessary to accomplish the idea is needed. Sometimes others unwittingly spur insecurities within due to ignorance and neglect. This idea of acceptance and battling varying levels of anxiety is a life long journey. It's important to believe you will overcome. It's important to take time in stillness and concentrate on ideas of divine love. Make peace with your past and consider whether your discomfort is from a combination of the future or past. Friction is okay, it's all an opportunity for growth. Though one ought to treat others how they wish to be treated, it would be unrealistic to expect that same treatment in return. Knowing this still give your best and consider it honoring God, divine love, the unbound.

Interestingly enough, though I am still a child and often rebellious, Swami V is teaching us the importance of not attaching to any positive or negative outcome. The timing of this all is unique and I suppose I'm here venting.

I am one to believe God has our best interest at heart, we don't always know what this means.
Look at the miraculous concepts you have learned!... Amazing!

Kim

[/quote]
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I'm grateful for your support and our family here. Sending love to our group now.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Felt I should read this poem and thread again. So glad I did! So happy you're sharing your creations.

:sunflower:
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

well thank you kim.
i wanted to share with you, so i will post it here. i remember your interest in babaji. i hope this does not interfere with any personal beliefs. i saw this and thought of you and your ability to connect with the masters.

https://youtu.be/AhOhgEeMAcg
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
Again amazement swelled my senses! :shock:

Beginning meditation today(just mentioned to you on the Inspiring Music Thread) I unexpectedly popped into the presence of Babaji and his disciples conversing around a fire. I was like, "Babaji! Oops, don't think I belong here!" Popped quickly away then to meet with Nebadonia. I'd forgotten about it until reading this post. I've not ever really expected to be in his presence..., but later will open myself up to it and ask if I there is a message I missed out on... for all of us. I feel Nebandonia and he were conveying to me/us that they are aware of what is happening today and lending their support.

The first time learning of his incredible existence was through Autobiography of a Yogi. Babaji was mentioned a few times, but don't recall a lot of information on him specifically of his life. Reading of his longevity and spiritual mission was... mind blowing, but it left a very definite impression! If you think about it, I guess following a spiritual path will have that effect on a person. Pushing the limits of our understanding.

The video was informative. I really appreciate your posting it as I probably wouldn't have pursued learning of it until,...who knows when?

:loves
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi guys,

Eric,
I wanted to mention how much I related to your post awhile back...I shared Kim's interest in all the inspired thoughts but these two bits really hit home for me this morning....
First...
Though the lesson(this poem) was received as an idea- the action necessary to accomplish the idea is needed.
This is important...It is relatively easy to read and study subjects of spiritual nature but the real power for change and upliftment comes when we put these ideals into action. I seem to forget this repeatedly. Thank you for the reminder.

This part too...
It's important to take time in stillness and concentrate on ideas of divine love. Make peace with your past and consider whether your discomfort is from a combination of the future or past.
Whoa... this is directed straight at me..."avoidance" is my middle name. :) It never fails to surprise me when I gather my courage and really look within at where some of these anxieties n fears have come from. It seems in acknowledging these things that I harbour it helps to dispel them...and free myself from the issue. But sometimes it takes a bit of work and patience. Feels a lot better on the back side of it though.

Thank you Eric...
George is up now... Gotta go..
But Kim...Babaji! Wow! Blue Nova also found herself around his welcoming campfire years ago. You remember our beautiful Anne? You guys rock!

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
I remember Anne! :loves Did not remember she also had visits from Babaji, thanks for telling me.

Kim