Binaural beats

This forum is to discuss all issues regarding healing, EXCEPT REQUESTS.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Binaural beats

Post by Amigoo »

Kim,

I've been exploring brainwave ("binaural") music again, but (after a decade) still find fixed frequencies counter-productive. I suspect that human brains constantly roam over many frequencies and prefer not to be constrained (called "brainwave entrainment") for long periods. The binaural music I've found is relaxing - even comforting - in shorter periods (less than an hour), but gets irritating when played while sleeping (IMO). ;)

Rod :)
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
Being a feral child when contemplating the mathematical mechanics of music. I've notconsidered the specific effects music has on brainwave activity. I suppose it to be relative to understanding that certain types of music affect a persons energy level and mood. Having been a teacher, knowing this was a very helpful tool in adjusting the level of activity and attention in a classroom of small children. Also for tempering my own attitude and frame of mind in general.

When you say fixed frequencies, you mean the rhythm of a piece is metered, like listening to a metronome? The music become monotonous after a period of time? Have you heard this is supposed to be helpful for people in some way, and you've been experimenting over the years to prove or disprove the validity of that?
Amigoo wrote: Fri Jan 24, 2020 1:58 pmThe binaural music I've found is relaxing - even comforting - in shorter periods (less than an hour), but gets irritating when played while sleeping (IMO).
I agree, so does having the same song play over and over in your head for days! :roll

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Kim,

Re: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beat_(acoustics)

"if a 530 Hz pure tone is presented to a subject's right ear, while a 520 Hz pure tone is presented to the subject's left ear, the listener will perceive the auditory illusion of a third tone, in addition to the two pure-tones presented to each ear. The third sound is called a binaural beat, and in this example would have a perceived pitch correlating to a frequency of 10 Hz"

This article explains the frequency (beat) perceived when the sound presented to each ear is slightly different ... and this emphasizes that a very narrow frequency range is musically engineered. That the sound must be different for each ear implies that headphones should be used with binaural music. ;)

I'm not so familar with this musical engineering but know that after purchasing many binaural CDs in the past decade, very few have been as satisfying as good music with slower rhythm and broad range of frequencies. Such exploration is much easier in recent years because the music can be sampled online (especially with YouTube). 8)

Re: https://www.binauralbeatsmeditation.com/the-science/ ,
https://brainworksneurotherapy.com/what-are-brainwaves

These articles explain the science of brainwave manipulation where engineered music attempts to "entrain" the brain to stay in a certain brainwave state (for purposes associated with that state, like sleep, relaxation, study, meditation, channeling ; - )

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
Fascinating! I'd never heard of Binaural Beats before. The links were very informative. Seems like Merriam-Webster, my first informational source, has no clue what they are. Really incredible that they can help in so many different modalities.

Coincidentally, I came to the boards tonight because I couldn't sleep, a common occurrence of late. Our oldest son has grappled with insomnia his whole life, going to share this with him to see if he might find it helpful. I would like to look into this further.... but maybe not tonight!

Thanks, really glad this topic caught my attention,
Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Kim,

This info about sleep cycles is related: https://liquid-iv.com/blogs/news/the-4- ... roken-down

Years ago, I discovered that a late afternoon nap of about 80 min. was restful but a longer nap of 2 hours was not (probably because I had started the next sleep cycle). While the best night time sleep is 7-8 hours (5 sleep cycles), the first full sleep cycle seems most important, then the next, then the next. Waking up between cycles (insomnia?) may not be so disruptive to good health (IMO) as long as other sleep cycles occur later.

According to the experts, the body needs a 1-2 hr reduction of sensory input before beginning bedtime sleep. ;)

:idea: Re: https://www.audacityteam.org/
Use this free audio editor to fade the volume of binaural music so that it helps to start sleep,
but effectively stops later (try a 20 min. segment first). ;)

Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
This morning I was sharing what I've learned here on Binaural beats with my husband and son. Gives me a lot to explore and think about. Have been going to a sleep disorder clinic for two years, the place is pretty hands off with helpful information. Started on a CPAP machine back then, but sleep problems are worse than ever. Think it's interesting seeing this now, have an appointment coming up at the clinic. Several relatives suffer from sleep disorders, will definitely be passing info on and looking more closely at this. Who knows may be just what we've been looking for!

Thanks again,
Kim

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: About vitamins and sleep ...

https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/arti ... ate-factor
https://thesleepdoctor.com/2019/02/12/5 ... our-sleep/

B12, in particular, has been in the news in recent years because its absorption lessens as we age:

Re: https://www.verywellfit.com/vitamin-b-1 ... es-2507045

"a substance called intrinsic factor is essential for vitamin B-12 to be absorbed through the walls of the small intestine."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

More about sleep ...

Re: https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/23/cnn-unde ... coredHP2.0

"We are more stimulated during the day, we are binge watching more and more,
and our phones put business and social media right at our fingertips." ;)

:scratch: Who can tell :?: :!:
The electronic emissions of many devices continue 24-7, perhaps stimulating
brains long accustomed and "tuned" to the silent daytime cacophany. :roll:

See also: https://www.integrativepro.com/Resource ... es-Your-Zs
(early research about EMF radiation and sleep) 8)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Speaking about EMF radiation ...

A month ago I was diagnosed with an ingrown eyelash - not much irritation as long as my eye stays lubricated.
But I noticed that computer work (with typical computer peripherals not far from my face) increases the irritation,
yet the irritation is minimal when I stay away from the computer. I'm theorizing that EMFs from all the devices
decrease self-lubrication of eyes ... as well as increase my decades-long tinnitus. :?

But it's good to have a living laboratory to study cause and effect. :roll:

Rod
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Rod,
Tried to reply to this thread yesterday, but the page wouldn't post. Trying again today.

Listened to a binaural beat selection night before last. Even without using ear buds(couldn't find mine), found the music very soothing and restful. Went to sleep much easier, got in about eight hours of sleep. That hasn't happened in a very long time! Come to find out my niece has been listening to them since last fall. Mention the information to my son(a lifetime insomniac). He listened very patiently, when I finished he replied, "Yeah, every time you say beat, my mind hears beet." :roll: When going to bed last night I reminded him about the YouTube links. He responded, "Was that Bipedal? Bicycle?... Bi-polar?" once again, :roll . Sometimes I don't think he takes me seriously, or just thinks he's funny.

An ingrown eyelash sounds... awful! Can't say I've delved into the effects of EMFs from electronic devices, another rabbit hole to go down, but I do know that prolonged viewing of a screen is a strain on the eyes.

Kim

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:roll: Freud would have found a way to add "bi-sexual" to that list of "bi-"
... since it might cause insomnia if needing resolution. :lol:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Happiness Frequency: Serotonin, Dopamine, Endorphin Release, 1 hr 43 min.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LFGsZ6ythQQ

Promotes calm 'n relaxed alertness (good preparation for study or meditation).

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R-ThXQpbW_E
"Tinnitus Cure with Neuromodulation and Binaural Beats"

:lol: LOL1: Perhaps, the greatest example of anti-music!
... but didn't cure mine (I listened with headphones).
However, it's such an unusual sound that my audio neurons
were pleasantly frazzled for an hour (or distracted). 8)

:lol: LOL2: Sounds like private conversation between C3PO and R2D2.

:lol: LOL3: Play this with increasing sound to signal "end of party"
(those who like it should not drive home) ;)

Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WPyArRUpgUo
"Boost Positive Energy Meditation"

(soothing after the tinnitus cure) :roll:

Rod :stars:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Thanks for the smiles this morning, Rod.

I must say, I found the last URL you posted extremely soothing... :happy

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: viewtopic.php?f=9&p=209539&sid=cd465c6b ... f0#p209539

:idea: Like the comforting beats of a ticking clock ...
On some page of this site create a countdown clock
to the first aniversary of George's graduation.

There's time to decide on appropriate celebration;
at least a new subforum to collect memories! 8)

:D Starting at 11:11 111 days before the anniversary
seems reasonably doable (they say). ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:bana: If any day, a birthday is a day to "have your cake and eat it too"
(the same must be true of anniversaries). 8)

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:bana: If any day, a birthday is a day to "have your cake and eat it too"
(the same must be true of anniversaries). 8)
Absolutely, Rod! : :cheers:

In my book, anniversaries can cover a wide range of dates too. :mrgreen:

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Petra Wilson wrote: Thu May 08, 2014 3:51 pm Hello fellow 11er's. I have heard that these binaural beats can be very beneficial and you can just
boogy on down to Youtube and there's a plethora of different ones. My question to anyone who knows
about binaural beats is, can they really help for afflictions like healing one's heart?
Would you trust them?
I did one to boost confidence and it worked for me, but I was a sceptical about the others. And I
wouldn't even bother with the wealth one...

Thank you x
Wow I haven't seen this thread or your name and face in a long while. I wonder if some of the old members still linger around here. I am sometimes skepitcal of binural beats too- not because I don't think the proposed science behind it is flawed(I don't pretend to understand) but that I worry whether or not we can be trusting of something that might hold subliminal messages for nefarious purposes.

However, I also understand a lot of the work done at the Monroe Institute and things like hemi-sync. I tried the gateway process and even understand the CIA had a special interest in this research...
https://youtu.be/Wly9_qN-jZ0

Hope to see some of our old friends... But if not I wish you all peace and happiness. <3 <3

Love,
The sensitive giant.
The little turtle
and The Happy rain. :roll :alien:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity