The Key to Immortal Consciousness – The 82 Commandments of Reyna d’Assia

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

The Key to Immortal Consciousness – The 82 Commandments of Reyna d’Assia

Post by Welles »

I'd never heard of Reyna d’Assia before. She says she is the daughter of George Ivanovich Gurdjieff. Gurdjieff was a very prominent spiritual teacher in the early part of the 20th century who died in 1949. Long ago I studied a number of Gurdjieff's books and a few written by several of his enlightened followers. A feeling for "The Work" as he termed enlightenment stayed with me but as with all roadsigns along the path the end result is a personal synthesis of experiences. So it was with curiosity that I read the 82 commandments of Reyna d’Assia.Based on a lifetime of experience I can say there wasn't one of the 'commandments' to which I took exception. That was amazing. See what you think. I'll excerpt the first 10 to pique your interest.
1. Ground your attention on yourself. Be conscious at every moment of what you are thinking, sensing, feeling, desiring, and doing.
2. Always finish what you have begun.
3. Whatever you are doing, do it as well as possible.
4. Do not become attached to anything that can destroy you in the course of time.
5. Develop your generosity ? but secretly.
6. Treat everyone as if he or she was a close relative.
7. Organise what you have disorganised.
8. Learn to receive and give thanks for every gift.
9. Stop defining yourself.
10. Do not lie or steal, for you lie to yourself and steal from yourself.
The Key to Immortal Consciousness – The 82 Commandments of Reyna d’Assia — by Jason Jeffery

https://wakeup-world.com/2019/09/05/the ... na-dassia/

:shock:
happyrain
Family

Re: The Key to Immortal Consciousness – The 82 Commandments of Reyna d’Assia

Post by happyrain »

Very powerful Welles. As always I am grateful for the wealth you provide.

One of my favorites so far:

"Stop defining yourself."

OoOOo and that last one...

"If you are meditating and a devil appears, make the devil meditate too."

They're all perfect. :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I think a meditation could be centered around each and every one of those 82 items.

This one surprised me, but truly a fascinating way to look at illness and sickness..
When you become ill, regard your illness as your teacher, not as something to be hated.
It sort of goes back to the adage that every experience good, bad and somewhere in between have something to offer and teach us. I haven't thought about it like that in some time...so much easier to allow fear and victim powerlessness to step to the fore in that kind of a situation...and frankly that is understandable. But if we are wanting to grow and mangage a peaceful life, perhaps there is a better way of examining such things.

...and that was just one of the 82. :shock:

Yep, one could easily examine each one of those items from a personal level and find much helpful and needed enlightenment
Thanks Welles!
Sandy

Eric, I loved and got a chuckle out of that last one too. :sunflower:
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I like that one too Sandy. I am trying to better understand this,
"Conquer your aversions and come closer to those who inspire rejection in you."
Any idea what that might mean?
:loves
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

happyrain wrote: Mon Sep 09, 2019 4:42 pm "Conquer your aversions and come closer to those who inspire rejection in you."
Any idea what that might mean?
HI Eric,

I had two responses to that particular 'commandment'. One is that we often are put off by undesirable qualities in others that we possess ourselves so they are mirrors. Another was that sometimes empathy allows us to understand others even when we have a negative visceral reaction. There are probably lots of other interpretations. I thought that is one of the more awkwardly expressed of the 82.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning All. :sunny:
Hi Eric,
I was thinking along the same lines as Welles on that one. :)
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

I can see that.

Yes I had to think what was meant by someone who, "inspires rejection" within.

From what you've shared, I see that I have been appalled by someones behavior before but realize that I am capable of the same- that I've in fact acted the same later in life. I suppose to conquer our aversions means to realize we needn't be so attached to the things that bother us- meaning, the person who would pull out an emotion like disgust or produce a sensation in another like wanting to distant ones self from, that person is not the action and the observer is not the feelings being experienced. Understanding that we are likewise capable and ourselves wanting forgiveness for our actions with the potential to overcome or simply not be bound to past behavior, we are instructed to see the other with a broader view- to come closer to others thus conquering our aversions by practicing compassion.

If we look at the order which the "commandments" are given the law above is how to help others and below how we help ourselves based on the action of others. Considering the grouping, I believe it is reasonable to conclude that the first portion of this law "conquer your aversions" is meant in relation to our experience with other people, evident by the last part of the sentence.

Suppose I was just confused for a minute. :geek: Thank you for helping me Welles. :mrgreen: :roll