Does God Have A Form? — by Arthur Osborne

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

This is a brilliant, short piece of wisdom. As I pondered the question before reading the whole little piece I came up with my answer. "Yes God has a form, the entire Grand Universe. However, that is not God."
"Has God a form?" a man once challenged Ramana Maharshi, the great Indian sage.

"Who says God has a form?" Ramana retorted. The questioner persisted, "If God is formless is it not wrong to ascribe to Him the form of an idol and worship Him in it?"

He had understood the retort to mean, "Nobody says God has a form." But it meant exactly what it said and was now amplified, "Let God alone; tell me first whether *you* have a form."

http://www.awakin.org/read/view.php?op=audio&tid=2389

:bana:
happyrain
Family

Re: Does God Have A Form? — by Arthur Osborne

Post by happyrain »

Beautiful, and it is the same message delivered to us through out time, we are more than our bodies.

Thanks!
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Welles,
You might enjoy this. From God Talks With Arjuna, The Bhagavad Gita. II:25 But first, Paramahansa Yogananda says this in his introduction-

"This Bhagavad Gita that I offer to the World, God Talks With Arjuna, is a spiritual commentary of the communion that takes place between the omnipresent Spirit (symbolized by Krishna) and the soul of the ideal devotee (represented by Arjuna). I arrived at the spiritual understanding expressed in these pages by attunement with Vyasa, and by perceiving the Spirit as God of creation relating wisdom to the awakened Arjuna within myself. I became Arjuna's soul and communed with Spirit; let the result speak for itself. I am not giving an interpretation, but am chronicling what I perceived as the Spirit pours Its wisdom into an attuned soul's devotional intuition in the various states of ecstasy."

Verse 25
"The soul is said to be imponderable, unmanifested, and unchangeable. Therefore, knowing it to be such, thou shouldst not lament!"

"Before the sparks of creation blinked their luminous eyes, before the cosmic dream took form, the soul resided ever awake and unmanifested in Spirit. Before the Spirit spumed Its thought waves, the soul remained in Its bosom unthinkable by thought, undisturbed by change. And when Spirit cast forth Its dreams of universes, and the soul dreamed dreams of body-covered forms, still the soul remained the same. Anyone who- espousing this truth- knows the soul to be the image of immortal Spirit should not behave in a contradictory manner and foolishly lament, thinking the Self to be vulnerable and destructible with the afflicted and perishable body."

More,
"...The body emanating from the soul is not conscious of the soul, but the soul is aware of the body. Just as a person can watch through a screen a crowd of people in front of him, without himself being seen by them, so the soul through the screen of intuition watches all its thoughts, but the unenlightened thoughts cannot know the soul. That is why the Gita speaks of the soul as imponderable- beyond thought.
The 'I' or ego- the dream projection of the soul, and the subject of the objective dream- is what thinks and uses its powers of sensation to know and relate to the dream of material creation. Thus, thought and sensation are not a part of the soul, but are the experience of the ego consciousness in the dream. 'Thinking' is inseparable in concept from the one who is doing the thinking and the object about which he is thinking. It thus involves the subjective and objective consciousness as well as the thinking process itself. One knows he exists because of the confirmation of his thoughts and feelings that it is so. But what of a person in deep sleep or absolute calmness in which- even if for just an instant- there is neither thought nor feeling, nor is he unconscious(that is, without any consciousness)? He is not nonexistent at that time; but his existence is without the consciousness of ego and without the support of thinking 'I exist.' This fragmentary 'moment of truth' is intuition, fleeting because undeveloped. It reveals momentarily the presence of the soul, which exists above ego and its instruments of thought and feeling."

Nice little synchronicity for myself. Hope you enjoyed reading it too!
:study:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
Thanks for this, as once again you've posted in print, an article that aligns with something I've been pondering.

Eric,
Think this goes along with how I was feeling after the group meditation and all the synchronicities I experienced when I said to myself, “Sometimes I wonder if I'm just really living in a dream?” The wonderment of it all is...

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.