The Monroe Institute

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Mamo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Monroe Institute

Post by Mamo »

Good morning :sunflower:

If I remember correctly Geoff once adviced against listening to the audio files from The Monroe Institute. What I can't remember is Why? I have never finished hearing them all, and now that I'm super sensitive to sound it's not likely that I ever will listen to them again. But what happens if I do?

:loves
~ One for All and All for Love ~
Amigoo
Family

Re: The Monroe Institute

Post by Amigoo »

More about the Monroe Institute:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Monroe

Over the years, I've found very few "brainwave" recordings to be helpful -
those that had benefit (e.g., relaxation, focus, sleep) sounded like music.
And recordings with subliminal messages can be controversial. :(

Rod :)
Mamo
Family

Post by Mamo »

Thanks Rod! The audio files I was referring to is the hemi-sync ones, I think I endured quite a few of them and experienced a short OBE. Not that it was worth it because like yourself I prefer musical tones.

Hugs,
Mahsa
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Just say hi, Mahsa, as I don't know a thing about the subject.... Hope you are having a great start to the New Year. :hithere
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Mamo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:21 am Good morning :sunflower:

If I remember correctly Geoff once advised against listening to the audio files from The Monroe Institute. What I can't remember is Why? I have never finished hearing them all, and now that I'm super sensitive to sound it's not likely that I ever will listen to them again. But what happens if I do?

Well I can't recall that, but that does not mean it did not happen. As I age my once profound memory is not so perfect. :duh :duh But today I would give slightly different advice.

My advice would be that in any meditation technique you have a choice. A choice to seek the development of your mind, or that of your soul. Techniques like this fall into focussing on the mind and developing the mind. That is not, IMHO, the path to fusion. But as to whether you wish to fuse, that is your choice. I will link to a recent explanation of the differences of these two choices delivered by the great Yogananda:

Pathways of Consciousness

The path to fusion in Urantia circles (Well the TEAM circles) is probably best described as "stillness" but even that is not totally adequate to describe HOW. It starts of course with intention, if you hold an intention to connect with God by some means, that means will be your soul. Because God is Soul.

Here is the Beloved One on Stillness practice

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Mamo
Family

Post by Mamo »

:hithere ((Sandy)) :loves This year is going to be about change for the better. Best wishes to you and your loved ones.

Geoff, my memory is not as sharp as it used to be either and I don't even have any significant age to blame. ;)
Thanks for the links! I guess I'll just focus on Stillness meditation as my mind is unreliable and my thoughts astray at the moment.

Mahsa
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((Mahsa)))))
This year is going to be about change for the better
Amen to that, my friend! Me too :cheers:

Great answer, Geoff! Thank you, we all benefit. :D

With Love to you both,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Geoff wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 3:34 am
Mamo wrote: Tue Jan 08, 2019 9:21 am Good morning :sunflower:

If I remember correctly Geoff once advised against listening to the audio files from The Monroe Institute. What I can't remember is Why? I have never finished hearing them all, and now that I'm super sensitive to sound it's not likely that I ever will listen to them again. But what happens if I do?

Well I can't recall that, but that does not mean it did not happen. As I age my once profound memory is not so perfect. :duh :duh But today I would give slightly different advice.

My advice would be that in any meditation technique you have a choice. A choice to seek the development of your mind, or that of your soul. Techniques like this fall into focussing on the mind and developing the mind. That is not, IMHO, the path to fusion. But as to whether you wish to fuse, that is your choice. I will link to a recent explanation of the differences of these two choices delivered by the great Yogananda:

Pathways of Consciousness

The path to fusion in Urantia circles (Well the TEAM circles) is probably best described as "stillness" but even that is not totally adequate to describe HOW. It starts of course with intention, if you hold an intention to connect with God by some means, that means will be your soul. Because God is Soul.

Here is the Beloved One on Stillness practice

hugs
Geoff
It’s a 2 way street. But one does help the other.

No matter what you need some degree of ability to concentrate and focus your mind. Some people these days are truly mentally chaotic, so taking some time out to develops your mental abilities will only add to developing your soul.

Also I don’t know what to make of the experience. But I vruce Robert had contact with a midwayer, or a living immortal master. He said this being was human and 1800 years old.

https://www.absolutoracle.com/GuruRinpo ... merica.htm
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
Mamo
Family

Post by Mamo »

:hithere Atsy

Thanks for sharing that link. I’m starting to think that maybe I have undeveloped psychic abbilities. Mental chaos is the right word. In this highTech world we now live in it is important to set aside some time everyday to still the mind, recenter ourselves and focus on things that really matter. I have no hearing disabillity but am fluent in three languages and whether I like it or not communication in all these three, some with/from unknown and others known beings, is taking place. The trouble is association of words and the fact that I can’t control it.

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

atsguy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:00 am

No matter what you need some degree of ability to concentrate and focus your mind. Some people these days are truly mentally chaotic, so taking some time out to develops your mental abilities will only add to developing your soul.

Also I don’t know what to make of the experience. But I vruce Robert had contact with a midwayer, or a living immortal master. He said this being was human and 1800 years old.

Sorry to disagree most strongly. There is such a big difference that those well advanced on the mind path have difficulty with the soul path. Oddly the soul path is the easier, even as nearly no one follows it. The issue of "concentration" is not really accurate in respect of the soul path, its more a case of intention. But I accept that both may (or may not) spent an hour or longer on their practice. The soul path is FEELING based, as long as you can feel the Love, you are doing good. The mind path is one of abstraction and disassociation.

We have just heard from Osho, the latest in a line of Indian gurus to come and apologise for what they taught.

The only way in which "one can help the other" is that progress in the natural love in resolving soul damage means it does not have to be done "the other way." But when soul damage is repaired under the power of Divine love, the soul is filled with Divine Love when that damage is removed. In the other path it can only be filled with natural love.

hugs
Geoff
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Hi Mahsa,

Like Sandy I just want to say Hi- I admire your new avatar. :)

Stillness is wonderful, I agree with your sentiments.

May your practices lead you to liberation.

:hithere :sunflower:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Geoff wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:23 am
atsguy wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:00 am

Sorry to disagree most strongly. There is such a big difference that those well advanced on the mind path have difficulty with the soul path. Oddly the soul path is the easier, even as nearly no one follows it. The issue of "concentration" is not really accurate in respect of the soul path, its more a case of intention. But I accept that both may (or may not) spent an hour or longer on their practice. The soul path is FEELING based, as long as you can feel the Love, you are doing good. The mind path is one of abstraction and disassociation.

We have just heard from Osho, the latest in a line of Indian gurus to come and apologise for what they taught.

The only way in which "one can help the other" is that progress in the natural love in resolving soul damage means it does not have to be done "the other way." But when soul damage is repaired under the power of Divine love, the soul is filled with Divine Love when that damage is removed. In the other path it can only be filled with natural love.

hugs
Geoff

Hey is there a link to the osho transmition.

Also I think there needs to be a destinction. Allot of people that pass over seem to very quickly ascend down the divine love path ( that know about it Atleast).

Even people that channeled messages during their lives on earth. Like james Padgett reached it within I forget was it a few months or a few years after passing over.

I would only come to the conclusion that this was because the physical body and it’s limitations on the psyche we’re not a issue anymore. The urantia book even says that the mind/body we receive is similar to our own but upgraded. And I’m sure depending on what level sphere you enter would play s role too.

This explains why people on earth are not able to reach the divine love levels, Atleast not in any short length of time. We have the human body and brain which take up enourmous amounts of energy. And are truly handicapped by the nutritional and the mental development we are given.

You ask the typical 18 year old today to focus even for one second on a single line on a screen. And their mind is off on other things like a monkey jumping around. Yes feelings are how you get there, but I doubt anyone can even concentrate for a few seconds on their feelings to really dig deep.

Therefore we need some development of mental control and concentration. Atleast this is what I believe, and experienced.
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

atsguy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:29 am
Not yet, its only audio and will be transcribed soon. There is a bit of a backlog, sadly.

The only similarity in my mind is in both types of meditation you don't speak. Because you are quiet. In Divine Love meditation you are concentrating on asking for the love to flow. In other meditations you may be trying to empty your mind, and descend into nothing. Which is what they report - that there is nothing. Its absolutely not a mind control exercise in praying for Divine Love. It is about FEELING the Love. A great many who practice mind meditation don't even believe in a Creator - a personal Creator. They believe that they are in some way a part of creation (which is true) and that as such they are god. But God is not creation. They don't believe in duality, but we are separated until after fusion.
atsguy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:29 amThis explains why people on earth are not able to reach the divine love levels, Atleast not in any short length of time.
No not really. The issue is the evil conditions on this Earth Plane. No one is unaffected. You can reach the level of the Fifth Morontia World with some serious effort, but reaching the Seventh is extremely hard. You have to throw off every single unloving habit you ever developed. But every day you are surrounded by triggers that cause reactions learned over a lifetime. If you fall victim to one, you just slipped on the mountain. And our souls only awaken around the Fifth/Seventh boundary. The later in life you start this, the harder it is by far. Because you have more rubbish to resolve, and deeper habits.

hugs
Geoff
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Geoff wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:45 am
atsguy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:29 am
Not yet, its only audio and will be transcribed soon. There is a bit of a backlog, sadly.

The only similarity in my mind is in both types of meditation you don't speak. Because you are quiet. In Divine Love meditation you are concentrating on asking for the love to flow. In other meditations you may be trying to empty your mind, and descend into nothing. Which is what they report - that there is nothing. Its absolutely not a mind control exercise in praying for Divine Love. It is about FEELING the Love. A great many who practice mind meditation don't even believe in a Creator - a personal Creator. They believe that they are in some way a part of creation (which is true) and that as such they are god. But God is not creation. They don't believe in duality, but we are separated until after fusion.
atsguy wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 4:29 amThis explains why people on earth are not able to reach the divine love levels, Atleast not in any short length of time.
No not really. The issue is the evil conditions on this Earth Plane. No one is unaffected. You can reach the level of the Fifth Morontia World with some serious effort, but reaching the Seventh is extremely hard. You have to throw off every single unloving habit you ever developed. But every day you are surrounded by triggers that cause reactions learned over a lifetime. If you fall victim to one, you just slipped on the mountain. And our souls only awaken around the Fifth/Seventh boundary. The later in life you start this, the harder it is by far. Because you have more rubbish to resolve, and deeper habits.

hugs
Geoff
Geoff you always make me smile. I should have rephrased what type of meditation I am referring to. Basically to control attention, and develops our ability to silence our inner voice/subvocalization. We have a life time of bad habits with subvocalization and if anything gaining control over this can aid us in setting our intention and desire clearly, to power through the divine love path. My theory 💪🏼

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Yeah well its one thing to quieten your thoughts and do nothing else. Its another thing to not worry about thoughts at all, and stick with asking for and FEELING the Divine Energy flow through you.

hugs
Geoff
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thanks Geoff! I've asked recently to receive Divine Love, having felt a bit aimless in my latest meditations. Tonight I saw your video through youtube on how to physically experience divine love and even read a bit more from your website. :hithere I am thankful for both, touching works!

Kind regards! :sunflower:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Eric,

Great. Best of luck. It can be difficult for us left brain guys. But its certainly achievable with determination.

hugs
Geoff