Four Austerities and Four Liberations

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Four Austerities and Four Liberations

Post by RunningScroll »

Dear List

I highly recommend this article on the Four Austerities and Four Liberations by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother. Although it initially seems "tough", you realise that what they are talking about, is essential for self-mastery.

See https://auromere.wordpress.com/techniqu ... iberation/

God bless, and peace,

Dylan
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Four Austerities and Four Liberations

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Dylan for posting this. I just began reading it and WOW you aren't a kidding...It is strict! Not sure I would be inclined to follow it. But will continue to read it a little slower and with more thought. Have a great week!
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
RunningScroll
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by RunningScroll »

Hi Sandy. My friend commented that the Urantia Book frame of thought puts faith at the forefront of the human experience, as the great driver/lure. The yogic viewpoint might work for a purely earth-bound existence, but faith involves very subtle and truly wise (in-the-whole) decisions, which might warrant indulgences for very wise and subtle human reasons, obviously our God-fragments know all, the entirety. My other friend commented that this protocol might have a bigger role for remediation and rehabilitation of individuals, and that the Urantia Book assumes psychological health. I wonder how strict Jesus was? For one He had extensive and complicated duties. But two, He had complete and utter faith in His Father, and an experienced Thought Adjuster to navigate the subtleties of situations. I also wonder how physical (and other) discipline might have factored in to those who achieved fusion whilst on the earth? Interesting questions. Love Dylan.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

Just lurkng a bit....when I spotted this thread,,,

thank you dylan,,,,

pp
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.