Where Does Money Come From?

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Where Does Money Come From?

Post by Welles »

(Note: This essay is a complement to the idea of using Hours as a medium of exchange)

Our current monetary system is created to try and satisfy those with an insatiable greed for wealth and power. It needs to go. Some time ago after pondering the value and utility of money as a means of exchange I received a modest inspiration to suggest a system of exchange based on hours.

There was one glaring oversight in my proposal that suddenly became obvious (of course an answer was supplied in another little moment of illumination). That oversight, where does money come from anyway? More importantly how would the money supply be created in a system based on hours?

In our current system money is created by debt. You go to the bank and borrow money. They make up an account and ‘deposit’ the money you borrow. Nothing has actually occurred except a notation on a computer. They didn’t have money to loan but simply made it up out of thin air. Not only are individuals beholden to this fraud but also governments and institutions all go into debt to fund their projects. It is one of the biggest cons in history and the root of wars, environmental destruction and the worst humanity in general. Well enough of that.

In an economic system based on hours I propose that a basic monetary stipend is awarded each person just for existence. Here’s how it might work. We would have to agree on the length of an average workweek. I happen to like 20 hours. So at age 15 kids would get a bank account into which ½ of the basic weekly starter wage or 10 hours would be deposited. This would give youngsters a three-year period to experiment with finance.

At 18 everyone would be get the workweek average deposit of 20 hours along with voting and driving rights. When people went to work and began receiving more than the base social allotment their automatic allotment would stop. They would have become self-sustaining individuals. I feel sure this event would become a societal coming of age. (This would also help offset the cost of training new workers. Also don’t forget that the basic allotments would all be spent in local economies.)

That’s all well and good but have you ever considered our mothers? To be a good mother is non-stop work. It is perhaps the most valuable work in the world considering women are primary in creating the future of society through nurturing the next generation. I propose that Mothers automatically get an additional weekly basic allotment added to their basic social allotment for every child. This will help to eliminate childhood poverty. Besides they earn it!

Now in a world driven by selfishness people will be shocked by the concept of ‘free’ money. It isn’t free. Everyone has the right to a basic piece of the pie. Period. Some will complain that people will become lazy. That is always the viewpoint of those who are infected by greed. In a world where people are encouraged to develop their talents the basic allotment is simply a starting point and safety net when necessary. Using our talents will always be far more satisfying and spiritually rewarding than laziness.

Image Welles

Download a PDF of this essay here
Sandy
Staff

Re: Where Does Money Come From?

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Welles,
I've very much enjoyed reading your thoughts this morning. I wish I could wave a wand and make the ideas you speak of here come to pass. How do you think changes to the monetary system as you propose could be implemented? It would be quite a feat, and maybe a shock for some but the benefits in the long run would produce a happier and much more peaceful society. :finger:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Hi Sandy,

For what it's worth I've spend a considerable portion of my adult life pondering how a world might work if Love were the recognized dominant energy. This is one of a number of proposals I've written which, taken collectively, are a practical plan for a potential future. My assumption is that there will be a significant collapse of the old system and people will be looking for answers, new ways of living. Any idea that might be implemented has to be so self-evident that people embrace the concepts as obvious and valuable for them.

Although I may not live to see that happen it isn't far off. I've always hoped to help mitigate the difficulty of the passage from a world of fear to a world of Love. If nothing else I'm adding to the imagination and discovery energy fields of humanity. Tune in next week...

Image Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello dear Welles,
You wrote:
Although I may not live to see that happen it isn't far off. I've always hoped to help mitigate the difficulty of the passage from a world of fear to a world of Love.
I for one hope that you are with us when in the aftermath of the collapse. :finger: I can think of no one with more experience than you who has lived his life following the flow of love and embracing it. :sunflower:
Even though I look forward to a time when fear is replaced by love, of course, I too may not be around to see it either.
If nothing else I'm adding to the imagination and discovery energy fields of humanity.
You are big time "for sure"!!! :cheers: :sunny: :salut:
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.