The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

Good Morning everyone!
Well if truth be told it's the middle of the afternoon here. I've gotten a slow start as have been gabbing with family much of the morning. It was Father's day in the US and I was enjoying my Skype time with my Dad and Mom. Dad always sits at the desk chair in front of the computer and mom sits behind him in the easy chair. We can thus chatter on about all kinds of subjects as if I am in the room with them. Some days it gets a little heavy as it did before we said our good byes. We started talking about cancer and I shared what I could remember from the video series I have been watching. I've promised somehow to get it to them so they can see it too. :finger: Hopefully I can follow through on that promise.

Kim, Oh I'm sorry. I did not mean to sound like I was upset. just kidding... I love hearing about your adventures with Clementine and I am in fact taking notes for when I get to see Eli and Derek. So please let er rip and give us grannies, Moms, Dad's Grandpas aunties and Uncles some great ideas for interacting with our kids in a positive way. Remember, people, Kim has been a "bonified" preschool teacher for many years and so her free- hearted experience and light-hearted approach can help all of us interact with our little ones and in fact help us also discover our inner child again. (Which is worth a million smilies)

I'm so sorry that the board was off over the week end. All the websites were down and to tell you the truth I do not know why. I am most thankful to Nelson though for getting things up and running again.

George's birthday was a relaxing one with both of us quietly puttering around at home. It was very wet so we didn't venture out. The house smelled of apples and spice after I made his apple pie. It had been ages since I made the crust from scratch and that part actually came out fairly well. It was the filling that let us down as I forgot to add the flower to the sugar spice mixture the apple slices are dusted with. This of course caused the pie sauce to remain very watery and roll right off the apples in the pie. still tasted pretty good on a cool damp day, though. And George is not one to complain unless I give him something really healthy. :roll:

Today I am trying to do the laundry despite the fact it is yet cloudy, coolish and damp. Will probably hang what I can inside the house to finish drying. So there you have it. Exciting day, huh? ;) :D Ah well, one never knows what is just around the corner... good things, hopefully. :sunflower:
It's a good start to the week, anyway. Hope your Monday is full of blessings. :sunny:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

It's after midnight so I'm not going to talk..much..

Just to say I'm glad the sites got back on line....

I managed to find George on fb to wish him a Happy Birthday,,,,and

don't you guys have an anniversary right now too???

I think so....so

(((((((((HUGS))))))))) Happy Anniversary you guys xoxoxo :kiss: :kiss: :loves
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

So many reasons to be happy!

Happy Father's and Birthday Day George? And a very Happy Anniversary to you both!!! :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: After the cleaning was done we spent a glorious rest of the day down at the beach! It was very hot in town, 90 degrees in their house, so the kids came out for a visit, Clementine is thrilled with the water!

Happy Solstice! Had the morning off, felt right working in the flowers with the sun and wind to keep me company!

Love,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Happy Winter (Summer for you guys) Solstice!!!!! I decided to celebrate Yule too so am decorating the house today with evergreen branches even putting up a tiny tree and pulling out reds and greens and gold and silver. It will be a sort of Anniversary celebration as well. :bana:

Thanks for the Anniversary wishes...It is such a glorious day here with cool temps partly sun partly clouds and high winds...Reminds me of that wonderful poem called , "The Attic of the Wind".

I'm off to the post office in a few minutes. just wanted to say hello to you both before you head off to bed.
Gonna be a busy day but a fun/great one!
:loves
Adios! and Love!
Sandy

((((((((HUGS))))))))
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy,,

I know this is going to sound just crazy...but...

when do you actually celebrate xmas???? still Dec 25????,,,,but in the or beginning of your summer??

it just sounded so odd,,you putting out 'the greenery' and celebrating winter solstice!!!

How long did it take you to get adjusted??? :roll: :roll:

loves,,,pp xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

LOL George thought it was odd too.... No this isn't something most people do and actually the first time we did it. We celebrate Christmas on December 25th same as everybody else, but I thought it would be fun and interesting since we also had an anniversary to celebrate, to decorate the flat as some do for a Yule celebration and even consider within the realm of our own individual beliefs the Yule traditions of new beginnings, spiritual rebirth, and the gratitude for blessings received. We simply added a UB twist to the event and it cheered up the house immensely. Down here with Winter Solstice, even though in a couple days the light will gradually be increasing, it will still be dark and cool for a time and a great time to do some internal work, some planning on several levels in preparation for the Spring energies to come. :cheers:
love,
Sandy
People here do enjoy celebrating Christmas in July more so then they do in the Northern Hemisphere. In some parts of Australia you may even have snow for the "big" event. :)
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Sandy,,,

what a wonderful way to celebrate....good thinking kiddo!! :bana: :bana:

well I finally made it to Ontario for a reunion, it's the year that all of us kids who were in Grade 1 together turn "70"

I just spent a week in Calgary and surrounds visiting,,,and got here yesterday and today I'm recouping....

tomorrow and Sat,,,the fun begins....

then I'm just going to soak up the sun for a week before flying home to BC again

so...cherrio :bike: :bike: :bike:

pp
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

((((((((PP)))))))
I was hoping you would pop onto the thread. You must have heard me. :happy
Well looks like you are going to be very busy with friends and relaxing on the other side of the country. Have a great time and do please let us know all about it when you return.

Oh before I forget again I want to update you on the mice "uprising" here at the flat. :lol: It ended peacefully with no lives lost. ;) :mrgreen: My plan worked. I simply cut off their food supply completely and they had to leave. :sunflower: Of course that means George and I must be vigilante for some time, at least until the weather warms up and there is seed a plenty out in nature. Geez... I do hope they have enough food. :( I can hear George now... " No, Sunny!!! we are NOT feeding mice!" :roll

Love to you and your hubby,
Sandy :santa:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

:hithere (((((Sandy)))))

:bana: :bana: registration day......really not doing much,,,just a meet and greet.....not the goings on like we did 10 yrs ago.

somehow,,,we just don't have the same get up and go.......just a lot slower,,,which therefore takes more 'time'...

it really is "the time to slow down and smell the roses' :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

however,,,it is now 'time' for me to jump in the shower (carefully of course) and wash the hair so it 'might look decent tonight...

see ya later,,,,,loves xoxoxo

pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Slow is good I've decided! :D I just received a 2-3-4 progress prompt. So I am thinking even in slow motion there is progress and a strange kind of beauty as well. What am I talking about? I haven't a clue. LOL But I plan on living in the present on this beautiful winters day. So off I go with a pile of tax work awaiting my perusal. Still, l I am thinking too that baking cookies to give to our neighbor might be a nice way to spend the afternoon. (That is also a tad selfish as I adore chocolate chip cookies!.. a few might unconsciously fall into my greedy little hands.) :mrgreen: :bana:
Have a fun time "reunionizing" with old friends! :bike:
xxSandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

i am,,,big day tomorrow er,,,today

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

How was your big day? Almost time for you to be asleep again... so I will tell you ... Good night, PP... peaceful dreams :happy
:loves
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi PP and all...
It has been quite the busy flat here this morning with the painter/handyman arriving at dawn and before I could clean and feed the rabbits. So I must get up even earlier tomorrow if I wish to stay ahead of him and not be in the way. More tax work planned for today with hopefully a little spiritual "upliftment" sandwiched in among the other stuff.
On a happy note, it is a gorgeous day here...despite being midwinter the world feels very spring-like. Just trying to enjoy life as it comes to me. (tall order some days :shock: )
xxSandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

hi there Miss Winter,

I am not too happy to say this,,,but I'm glad the reunion is over.

Now I'm just having a nice family visit.

Had a small thunderstorm today, but it blew away quickly.

don't work too hard....

will write later...

loves pp xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

:hithere
Have time for a quick check-in! Found out a few weeks ago this will be my last summer managing the motel. :bana: :sunflower: :roll. And doing the dance of joy! Will be moving back to our house in the fall. Brother-in-law left it(last month?) in not too good shape. Dave and I will have plenty of winter projects to last us...years? Oh, well! Such is life. Sandy I've been taking lots of flower photos. Probably by the time I get them posted you might be a little sick of flowers!

Yule celebration and anniversary sounds wonderful Sandy, so do the chocolate chip cookies!

Lynn, our class is so apathetic we've only had two reunions since graduation. Awesome your group still gathers even if its exhausting, hope you're sufficiently rested by now.

Lots of serious illness plaguing my family, strep, sinus infection, hand foot and mouth! Yikes!

Well, time to get cleaning! Woo Hoo!

Getting excited about having a life again, although it's been an interesting learning experience.

Love you guys!

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:bana: That's great news, Kim! :bana:
How many years now have you manged the motel? is it three? Well you've done a marvelous job and I do hope they keep up those fabulous garden beds that you and aleah rescued. So much of yourself and love goes into creating such things. A little piece of you remains I think as the plants remember your vision and your kindness.

My parents have an amazing class. Do you know they still get together every year. Wow! I am so bad. :oops: I haven't gone to one. I would have in the beginning but the reunions were always held at bad times for me to attend. Then later, I just didn't feel like it. (chicken :mrgreen: )

Well, can't talk long. The painter is here puttering around the flats and we must go out later so better get a move on...
have a good evening up there. :hithere
love from,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Nice catch up ladies,,,I fly home tomorrow,,,weird,,,,both happy and sad.

Kim are you at all ear the Minnesota side of The Lake of the Woods???

If so,,,look way up to the Canadian side and find Kenora,,,that's where I am

gtta run
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Where you are, Kenora, Canada, at least for a few more hours, is gorgeous, PP !!!! Just look at these images?
https://www.google.com.au/search?q=keno ... 28&bih=762

I think I would stay there forever... :mrgreen:
hugs,
Sandy
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

funny,,,I have some of those same pictures!!! The MS Kenora we went on an afternoon cruise,,,,,Devils Gap had to do with a Peace Treaty between the Cree and the Sioux (many moons ago),,,the tall-ish round building has a nice view and restaurant up on top and good food...there's even a pic of the hospital I made my entrance in..... :cry:
pink granite of the Canadian Shield creates pink sand

aw,,,now I'm homesick......I always miss it......great vacation spot but almost too busy now,,,great fishing,,,even had some pickeral (walleye)..and of course you ALWAYS have to keep your eyes open for bear,,,,,and yes there was!!! they even swim from island to island....and that's no fish story!!

then there's a song abut the Black Flies (and mosquitos) they can be really nasty :shock: ...

but still,,,we had a class pic taken and compared it with the reunion we had 20 yrs ago...... :shock: :shock: :shock: :mrgreen:

and we decided to meet again in 5 yrs this time.....I figure if I start to plan it now we'll drive across Canada and back through the US. 6 mo going across then winter in US as usual.
that is why we sold the house and property...to travel.....now Allan just has to give up working!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

glad you enjoyed the pics..

the little map of Keewatin is where I lived and my Aunt's place is right below the #5,,,,,see the beach and swimming sign?? that's where we went swimming and lessons....

loves,,,pp xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

PP, I was telling George while watching parts of the Tour de france that France rivals Canada for its beauty! :D You surely grew up in one of God's most "gorgeous gardens". I bet the water was a mite chilly on that beach you were telling us about, though? Of course when we were kids we were tough. I used to think nothing of running straight into the water...cold turkey... Now I stretch out each tortureousl second as I inch in. I remember camping near the Niagara Falls in July many moon s ago and I thought we were going to freeze to death in our short pants and sleeveless tops! :lol: But wow were we smitten with Canada. My youngest son, who was 4 at the time wanted to live up there. He wore his little Canadian ball cap sporting a Canadian Maple leaf with pride until it quickly became to small for his growing head.
Let's see if I can find any images from home... This is one of my favorite places on Earth, Cades Cove in the Great Smokey Mountains National Park, just a hop, skip and jump from where we lived Sandwiched between Clinton, Knoxville and Oak Ridge. We went there often and still go whenever I come home for a visit.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=pict ... ove+images

Okay here is one I found of our favorite vacation site when we were kids...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=seBRaLGuTRA (LOL I promise this is the last one today) Lake Arrowhead in North Myrtle beach South Carolina. It does not exist anymore but when it did it was the place to camp at Myrtle beach. Gosh my siblings and I loved this place and riding the Atlantic waves! (often getting tuned upside down and inside out if the timing was wrong... :roll

I've gotten terribly side tracked looking at photos and videos from home and places with a special place in my heart... time to get busy eh? :hithere
Love,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning!

Lynn we weren't that far apart as the crow flies! Oh, maybe I should say eagle. Saw our eagle neighbor just the other day and it made me think of you.

Sandy, Dave and I visited Cade's Cove a few years ago, have some of the same photos! He said yesterday, "I'm ready to visit another National Park!" Probably won't be right away though, going to take awhile to get our house and yard back in order. I'm already dreaming up ideas for a natural playscape in the back! Wish we had your handyman! Its about impossible finding a contractor around here this time of year. Good thing we're handy.

Well, it's off to the races! Have a great day!

Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,
I woke up this morning with a song in my mind, John Denver's "Welcome to My Morning" ( "Farewell Andromeda" ) ...Here it is in a little tribute to John Denver.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zXXDxVkOOUM

Not such a bad way to start the day. Loved his music when I was just a teenager. His we among the first record albums I bought myself. They tend to boost my contentedness levels ( :lol: )

I have some cleaning and hopefully some gardening work planned for the day. It truly is a beaut out there. T'would be a shame to spend the whole day inside. :mrgreen:

So I hope all of you enjoy your day, evening or sleep depending on where you are in the world.

Love,
Sandy :sunny:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi gals,
well here I am back on the (damp) west coast again.....well I guess it has to be to keep us in the 'green'.

Good grief :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I forgotthat I had run outof battery power during the writing of thismessage..

so I brought the computer in and plugged it in....yesterday,,,

yikes,,,,I just opened up my laptop,,,and,,,here I was...

next thing I do is hit some key,,,and another screen comes up and says I've gone incognito....

so I best go find myself???

how can a person do something like that when typing with one finger????

I'm all for accomplishing the impossible,,,,,but,,,c'mon now,,,,,that was just plain silly...

so,,,off to fix my mistake.....

with an almost forgotten thank you gals, for your replies

and wonderful pictures Sandy,,,,,we all live on a most wonderous continent(s)

see y'all later,,

loves n hugs pp :kiss: :kiss:
Daily Affirmation:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello PP, Kim and all,
I feel a bit chilled this morning...not that I really know what that means anymore after living on the south eastern side of Australia for some years. Cold is truly a different experience in northern Ohio. :shock:

I know PP, that damp is not such a good thing for you so I suspect you are longing for those "dryish" desert winter temps about now. Truly though, I am enjoying the pleasantries of winter down here... I was up early again today and walked to the back of the yard again to watch the sun rise. Reason being, I discovered an interesting thing yesterday as I stood in ankle deep mud at the waters edge awaiting the first and only rays of the sun to rise over the edge of the world. I realized that I am not the only being out there doing the exact same thing. I noticed about 50 feet to the right 2 herons 3 ducks and an egret all standing still as statues and staring at the beautiful horizon. I was a bit enthralled wondering what prompted them to do that. Well, beauty may have been a part of it but I realized that from where they were standing the first light of the sun's rays touched the earth and water and where I stood a mere pittance away I was still in shadow. The moment the sun struck the earth and water they began to feed, looking for the bits of plant and crustaceans that make up their breakfast. It was confirmed again this morning, this time by two Black swans , two piper like birds and a few small water birds of some sort. (they all look a bit alike to my untrained eyes in the wee hours of the morning. :roll: So obviously I need a good field guide and perhaps a pair of bifocal reinforced night goggles :lol: )

Despite my inadequate vision, I couldn't help but notice that the world is awesomely gorgeous, hitting every sense with an explosion of vibrant life at this time of morning. I am thinking there might be hope for me to be a morning person after all... :roll Time will tell...
Love you guys, :love

Sandy

Oh and PP, you are not alone...this two fingered typer has completely unnerved her windows mail program more times then I care to share. :roll: :? I still to this day don't have a clue how I did it either. :loves
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hail all 2 fingeredpokers,,,may we reign supreme lol

yes I agree with you about those morning moments,,,perhaps I will give it a go when we go south again where I have a horizon to look at....here if it isn't the mtn itself, it's the trees in the way, we don't see sun on the ground until about 9:30 am and then it's splotchy!

I'll be so glad when Allan really retires,,,,because unless we move backinto a building....I'mheading off this damp Island,,,,especially for spring and fall,,,and maybe onlt come here for June Jul and Aug.....

although if this year is any indication,,,even those months are getting too damp for me...I just don't like living in the 60 degree temps anymore...must be that age thing!! we do have drier places in BC that we could try...

and it's so expensive to bring the RV on and off the Island,,,one way is $300.00

well it's already midnight...almost and I need to sleep,,,first though I need to update Susan's condition.....not good...

catcha later gater... :love

pp
Daily Affirmation: