communicating with the universe- is it necessary to act ?

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
happyrain
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

communicating with the universe- is it necessary to act ?

Post by happyrain »

Well this is going to be a rough post. Free flow rather. My question revolves around synchronicity. Earlier today I read one of George's post that midwayers can communicate to us through animals. There are blogs that reflect a similar sentiment... That the universe is always communicating with us. The idea is, we are connected to the universe and so the external world reflects our internal one. There's always a message to reflect on if this is the case- but life is more fast paced then that... there are moments though where hearts strings are tugged or presence is felt, like something greater is communicating to you. In those moments you will pause briefly and instinctively know. If the universe is always communicating to us, reflecting our internal/eternal workings then is is necessary to act on these whispers now that you recognize them ? I don't know. Is it fruitless if I'm merely observing and recognizing the synchronicities ? What of those that act on a feeling just to later find or feel they were wrong ? Like receiving number prompts for a person you feel something for and thinking it means ensuing a romantic relationship. There are members here that share these kind of stories. The argument is, they weren't "wrong" to act on the feelings and obvious signs because there were spiritual lessons to impart on the individuals by having led said personalities through the experience. So what does it mean if you recognize the glimmering speckles of spiritual communication and do nothing more then smile and acknowledge the show ? Could I be missing out on something ? Or am I just witnessing harmony with my personality and the world around me ?

Curious ! :study:
Enjoy the full moon tonight :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: communicating with the universe- is it necessary to act

Post by Geoff »

Dear Eric,

Your purpose is to progress, to advance, to learn and to change. Cant do that just as an observer. But if you look carefully, its very probable you are not the same person you were 5 or 10 years ago? Hopefully that means you moved in the positive direction and not the negative. :sunflower: :sunflower:

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Eric,
I loved the person you were the many years ago when you first came here and I love the person you are now. As a friend and adopted sister I can tell you that I have witnessed progression. ;) And I think you are doing more then you think to act on the nudges you are given. It is so easy to forget those times shared with spirit and with "friends" because sometimes it isn't all that obvious but there is a gentleness about you that reflects contemplation, a caring for friends, and I must say a communion with all the natural world that isn't diminished perhaps just because life gets a bit busy and crazy at times. Most of us understand the pull and tug of life that completely can pull the surfboard of spirituality right out from under us even though it seems we have been riding the crest of harmony and peace. It is uncomfortable to find ourselves sprawled on life's beach, spitting sand out of our mouths and we think..."We should have known better!" :lol: But there is no "should" as we are learning and progressing and maybe our balance or "tenacious hold" will be better next time and the beach further away.
I feel we each approach life, spirituality, and the Divine Source in our own way and in our own time. Perhaps we need to deep down be receptive... but we are not without communication of some sort as it comes to us through many surprising resources. What you have shared with me on the board and in private emails, along with your sensitivity to the messages intuited from nature, leads me to think that you can teach the likes of many of us a little bit about intuitive communication with the Divine... and I suspect you are acting on these "nudges" as you reflect on the natural world. God is not a bunch of words he is something we feel deep within us, that communication that cannot be explained but leaves us feeling...being something more. Gosh it truly is very hard to explain isn't it? :lol:

(((((((HUGS)))))))
Sandy
P.S. Something I learned from Anne. Communication between two people on different geographic locations, or even people and the natural world, is like one person on one side, one person or being on the other and God like a river flowing in between the two and bridging the gap. It is God in what ever form one envisages that is allowing, creating the conduit that bridges the distance between the two. ;) :) If you are sensing/intuiting harmony, peace and well being from the natural world there is a very good chance the Universe Source is leading the charge.
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Zachary
Old Friend

Post by Zachary »

Eric,
If the universe is always communicating to us, reflecting our internal/eternal workings then is is necessary to act on these whispers now that you recognize them ? I don't know. Is it fruitless if I'm merely observing and recognizing the synchronicities ?
I think the freewill we have allows us to determine that ourselves. Are you feeling like you should act more? Or are you feeling like you need to observe and smile at them more?
Could I be missing out on something ?
I think we all miss out on something everyday! It's near impossible to not miss out on something in my opinion. To me the question is; How much can we receive that day? .... Maybe as much as much as are souls can withstand/understand. A more progressed soul should be able to catch more, while a perfect soul should catch it all. We are such dim reflections of Him! We are so far from perfection that to me this is normal to "be missing out on something"
Is it fruitless if I'm merely observing and recognizing the synchronicities ?
(For me it can be fruitful to observe, if only I use those observations somewhere to help me progress, but surely not just to observe. Like Geoff says,
Your purpose is to progress, to advance, to learn and to change. Cant do that just as an observer
I've noticed some of my best progressive days can be a whole lot of observing, with a smaller ratio of 'doing'. But other days it's really the opposite. . If I compare my soul progress to driving a vehicle to perfection- it's like this; My engine burns oil (representing my imperfect ways). Some days I burn so much oil my engine runs too hot, and starts smoking. I have to pull off the 'path' and tend to my engine. The path I'm on is always changing (like the days that go by). At different times it's bumpy and at other times it's smooth. Depending on how the path is at that particular time tells me how much throttle to give it, and what gear to be in. Through experience I can discern which gear to be in, how much throttle to use, and overall how to drive. Of course there are times when the path is like nothing I've seen before and I must learn... sometimes it's better to pull off and observe, then decide on how to go about further. Sometimes I don't observe enough to discern how to make it down the path further and I will damage my vehicle in the process. Sometimes I spend too much time observing that I just sit on the side of the path observing and not progressing all while feeling quite fruitless, only because I can see the path ahead of me. In other words-- It may feel wrong for me to observe too long-- other times it may feel just right.
I do not suspect you to be just observing... In fact, the evidence is in your writing. You would not write this or even contemplate what you wrote if you're only observing.
I hope these opinions help you!!!
Take care brother,
Zach
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

thank you guys. geoff very interesting. my friend last night was sharing with me his beliefs on having a unique personality and much of his speech seemed similar to some of the teachings i've read here. i feel inclined to share the 1111 with him if he isn't already aware... and maybe introduce him and his wife to this forum. :hithere

sandy, thanks ! i appreciate the kind thoughts and pearls of wisdom to boot. there's a lot here for me to come back and absorb...

and zach- thank you for responding to my post brother ! :alien: i agree and feel like i've learned something when you said... some of your best progressive days are made with little action and more observing. i'm observing a lot lately and realizing a lot of my "character flaws" if you will. things that i want to change and work on.

peace and blessings to you all ! thank you for sharing :afro: :happy :afro:
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Well I'll chime in here from the perspective of someone who is an active creator. I take delight in moments of synchronicity (or serendipity) and that energy helps to charge up my actions. That doesn't necessarily mean there is an obvious cause and effect relationship.

For me action means creation. I prefer actions initiated by inspiration (intent) because those tend to yield extremely original results. However being able to respond to the circumstances (synchronicity = discovery) of our lives can yield some wonderful results too. In a way we're looking at the difference between discovery and invention. Here's a bit from an old essay...

"In the realm of human creation, invention versus discovery may seem to be in conflict. Edison sneered at those who were recognized as discoverers. Invention, action by intent, was the root of his self-image. Any true creative endeavor will include both intent and discovery. The proportions of each will vary in every new undertaking. Perhaps the most notable difference is that invention yields self-satisfaction while discovery yields wonder. The joy of creation is a composite of both."

There's my 2¢. :roll:

Welles
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Welles !
Thank you for chiming in. That really hits home with me as there have been heavy themes in my life revolving around creativity and discovery as of late.
Things just seem to be going in the right direction.

Cheers my friend !
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Eric,
LOL! I think I just acted on a synchronicity! I just posted to another thread where you'd mentioned synchronicities and I randomly picked this thread to come to and there it was again! Or are synchronicities all you talk about? Needless to say in my life synchronistic events have been hard for me to keep up with!
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:hithere Kim
isn't it wonderful.
What does it mean to you ?
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Eric,
I think it means I'm finally paying more attention. The more I pay attention the more spirit puts things in my path to pay attention to! I've always been one to notice patterns. The synchronicities seem to be increasing. It feels to be a bread crumb trail revealing even more to me that we are all connected! I especially felt it when we visited Sedona last fall.

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
happyrain
Family

Re: communicating with the universe- is it necessary to act ?

Post by happyrain »

After reading through here again I am going to say- Yes. Act. I will try to act more... Even if I don't know what it means. Even if I'm wrong.

I read it here once, one of our lessons... "Faith muscle" ???
Got to strengthen it somehow.

:hithere
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Eric!
Believe another synchronicity is at work here! As I'm mulling over concepts discussed at a conference I attended yesterday, I see your reply to this thread. I too had reviewed it to remember the discussion. Again the synchronicities for me seem to be appearing in rapid succession. One of the sessions was devoted to teaching kids to learn how to fail. Each failure is a success because they dared to act! Every time we try, we learn a little bit more how to be successful next time! It is only failure if you don't try, or act. This concept is especially important for kids today, as our culture has shifted to trying to make everything perfect for children, or rescue them before they fail. When failure happens and it will happen, they quit, don't know know how to handle it and fall apart!
happyrain wrote: Fri Sep 22, 2017 7:47 pm After reading through here again I am going to say- Yes. Act. I will try to act more... Even if I don't know what it means. Even if I'm wrong.

I read it here once, one of our lessons... "Faith muscle" ???
Got to strengthen it somehow.
So I say, "Yes! Act more! Be a creator of yourself! Few of us really know what it truly means and are often wrong, but that's okay if we're trying. Every attempt is a success at changing those things within, even if you/we fall, stumble and fail along the way. Practice strengthens that 'faith muscle', in spirit and ourselves. :bana:

Kim

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

Thanks Kim.
I hope all is well.

I believe you're right. And I believe it is true- I fall many, many times over.

All the best. Thank you for your consideration.

=)
Happy Rain.