Do you remember this 1980's classic?

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
I-AM
Family

Do you remember this 1980's classic?

Post by I-AM »

Hi there! Nothing to do with anything in particular.

Just have to share this. Just have to share this after rediscovering it 30 years later. :hithere

Masquerade performing their once a huge hit called "Guardian Angel".

What a song!

Proud to be helplessly lost in 1980's! :bana:

Backup link in case the first one does not work in your country (this one is with the lyrics):

And out of total fun, the Czech version of it:

Backup should the above link not work:

JGB
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Do you remember this 1980's classic?

Post by JGB »

WOW, I agree, great song. Great voices.
Never heard of Masquerade or the song before. Probs never made it to UK.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

JGB wrote:WOW, I agree, great song. Great voices.
Never heard of Masquerade or the song before. Probs never made it to UK.
They were Germans. It was a smash hit in mainland Europe. Never made it across la Manche... :hithere

Funny enough, one of the guys featured in the video showed up in the YouTube discussion of that video. The song was not performed by the guy who wrote it. Instead, the author commissioned two other artists to perform. The German man featured in the video wrote:

Hans Pitzinger
Hi, i am artist of Masquerade. I am from Hamburg, i was student in 1984 in Hamburg. In video 1:22 - this is me.

I wonder what he thinks in 2014 when he watches himself performing back in 1984... :bike:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Robert,
I've never heard this song before and it is a shame as it is lovely. Truly love the lead singer's voice...deep and beautiful and the other young's ma's falsetto is a perfect addition to the flow of the song.
Please keep adding to our appreciation of the 1980's music, Robert. It was an interesting time for me but I find there were many hidden jewels during this time that I was completely unaware of. I am enjoying this and I thank you!
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
I-AM
Family

Post by I-AM »

Sandy wrote:Hi Robert,
I've never heard this song before and it is a shame as it is lovely. Truly love the lead singer's voice...deep and beautiful and the other young's ma's falsetto is a perfect addition to the flow of the song.
Sandy,

A shocker. All the voices heard in this studio-recorded song came out of the same mouth - the song's composer Drafi Deutscher.................. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The two guys performing it are just playback mimes.

:lol:

OK, one more stunning 1984 classic (the video is dated 2007):

Backup link to the original version:

And one more backup to the same 2007 live version should the first one not be working in your country:

Actually, Wikipedia says this song reached no. 1 in Australia back in 1984.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hello_(Lionel_Richie_song)
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Sandy,

A shocker. All the voices heard in this studio-recorded song came out of the same mouth - the song's composer Drafi Deutscher.................. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

The two guys performing it are just playback mimes.
:shock: :shock: :shock: That is awesome! How can one go from one extreme to the other in the course of the song. Wow! makes it even better knowing this. Both voices were top notch!

I always loved that song by Lionel Richie. Thanks for bringing it up for viewing. They are playing bits of it now over here in a commercial.
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.