Deepak Chopra

Discussions of spiritual books
Pennysense
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Deepak Chopra

Post by Pennysense »

Has anyone read any of his books (Deepak Chopra), and if you did how did you like them?
I've read quite a few of them, and I like how he writes. He describes a lot of real case stories. "The Path to Love," is the one I've been reading lately, and he describes in his book how to meditate to open up your heart. He says that you only need to practice this for 10 to 15 minutes when you first start out.
Well last night I had a few minutes to try this, and immediately I got images of when I was a younger child. The feeling that occured to me is how unloved I felt, I only looked to be 2 to 3 years old. What a shame that this feeling is still hidden deep inside me from so long ago, but Deepak states that this is a way of releasing these deep emotions.
When this happened to me, I told myself that everything was going to be alright, then I imagined hugging myself & told this little girl (me) that I loved her. I cried for a while during this session, but I felt so much better after the fact.
I believe this really does work, baby steps, alittle bit each time. Maybe this little girl inside me has a lot of healing to do, and I'm just the person to help her, lol.

Has anyone read his new book - A Way to Peace? If you did please give me some feed back.

Trying to get through all this emotion
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Pennysense,

I had never heard of Deepak Chopra until just the other day when I saw the book "A way to Peace" on the bookshelf at Barnes & Noble. I haven't read any of his books, but it sounds like "The path to love" is quite interesting. It's very rare that I get to go to a real book store, maybe once a year - I feel like a kid in a candy store :lol: . Actually, like a kid in a candy store after drinking mass amounts of the Seattle's best coffee that is located inside the store :compress: :shock: :bounce:. I love Barnes and Noble, what more could you ask for? Books & Coffee, ymmmm.

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Pennysense
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Daddy-O!
The "Path to Love," indeed is a must read. I recommend it to everyone, however, "The Way to Peace," didn't do much for me. It was much political in his writings, but if you like political writings, then this is the book for you! I love that store as well. Ummm! Starbucks coffee & books, captured my attention, lol! If you get a chance, you'll see how very much this book can move you!

With Much Love,
Pennysense
On my spiritual path...