Emotions

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Emotions

Post by Geoff »

Many people struggle with emotions. This I think is due to the influences of their upbringing. And I know that there is a school of thought that seems to require people to suffer even more pain to resolve these very issues. I bought a few books that suggested they could resolve these issues for people, and still I did not like what I read.

I have never felt "right" that solving an emotional issue required you to rub the wound till it bled. It just did not sit right for me. So I was amazed in the book I am preparing for Kindle format - "The Richard Messages" has what I believe is the finest channeling I have ever seen on the issue of what are emotions, how do they get triggered, where do they exist, and how can we best resolve these often deep seated issues. I will ask James Reid if I may take that message and host it on my site, and then I can point you there. But I do think his book is amazing. Its rare to find a medium so fluent, and it helps that he was a GP, because obviously he is very conversant with many of these things.

His book is at Lulu, if anyone is interested.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Emotions

Post by Sandy »

I hope that James will allow you to post this message. I would like to read it. :finger: :)
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
inlikeflint
Family

Post by inlikeflint »

i might check that out... My default setting is emotional train wreck. i'm a triple water sign, so when the moon is in Sagittarius, I curl up into a ball with a box of Twinkies & a box of Kleenex to make it through the next day. (11Light11 is a triple fire sign I think.)

Okay, well maybe not that bad, but I do have some emotional issues I probably should look at.

:cat:
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Welles
Family

Thanks for posting that link, Geoff

Post by Welles »

Ola Geoff,

"Giving, Receiving, Emotions and Thought" was an interesting bit of writing. I was really delighted, though, to read your Journey and appreciate the YouTube video you created as an associated part of...

"The Great Experiment - How To Physically Experience God's Love"

http://new-birth.net/experiment.htm

How to physically experience God's Divine Love — a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2l2CBrN3zVg#t=326

The way I see it you have distilled all your journey into a practical offering. That experiment would provide the experience you assert. Good stuff! :!:

Welles
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Welles,

Indeed. And many many have attested that it works. The Ubook explains however what is required for it to work:
Mortal man cannot possibly know the infinitude of the heavenly Father. Finite mind cannot think through such an absolute truth or fact. But this same finite human being can actually feel--literally experience--the full and undiminished impact of such an infinite Father's LOVE. Such a love can be truly experienced, albeit while quality of experience is unlimited, quantity of such an experience is strictly limited by the human capacity for spiritual receptivity and by the associated capacity to love the Father in return.
hugs
Geoff
MichelleP
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by MichelleP »

Hi Geoff,

Emotions is something I have been intimately trying to understand for a couple of years now after mine went a bit out of control on me. Through it all I had come to realize first I could tolerate them a lot better than I thought I could. I actually spent a lot of time fearing them and suppressing/denying them, my family's go to response to emotions. But once I could no longer do that I had to sit with them. I wasn't trying to annoy the wound but it was like I had no choice. In any event I found that the really painful emotions were rooted in a decision I had made about myself. That decision turned into a belief I had about myself that followed me where ever I went. It affected and influenced all aspects of my life. I actually forgave my family for triggering the negative thinking in me a long time ago but am only recently realizing that I never actually forgave myself for being a person who triggers bad feelings in others. Generally we do it unintentionally and to some degree I am finding it is unavoidable but there was a lot of self blame going on that I am sorting through. The idea of being a trigger or source of pain in others is what led to low thoughts about myself. But to truly free myself I had to see that no one but me made this decision and as easily as I made the decision in the first place I could also change my mind. I am finding that to be a bit challenging but clearly see how my family triggered how I feel about myself and influenced how I cope with what I feel. It was a great article. Thanks for sharing and nice to see you.

Michelle
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

(((((((((Michelle))))))))))
So good to see you! We have missed you dreadfully here. :kiss:
With Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Michelle,

Great to hear from you. It seems that digging can work for some, but for others the "root cause" is too deep and too disguised to uncover, and then the only way forward is release and love. Glad to hear that you made progress out of that "false belief". I have been spending a lot of time trying to uncover false beliefs, but they are often a product of our childhood, and held as true by parents and grandparents and thus they are drilled into us.

hugs
Geoff
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Sandy wrote:(((((((((Michelle))))))))))
So good to see you! We have missed you dreadfully here. :kiss:
With Love,
Sandy
You are so incredibly sweet to say that. Hugs to you too my friend Sandy. :kiss:
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Geoff wrote:Dear Michelle,

Great to hear from you. It seems that digging can work for some, but for others the "root cause" is too deep and too disguised to uncover, and then the only way forward is release and love. Glad to hear that you made progress out of that "false belief". I have been spending a lot of time trying to uncover false beliefs, but they are often a product of our childhood, and held as true by parents and grandparents and thus they are drilled into us.

hugs
Geoff
Yes, I completely agree. But just to be clear, I was not digging. I was perfectly happy when out of the blue the false belief popped up of its own accord. Well in response to something but none the less I wasn't digging for it and quite frankly I was so incredibly taken by surprise by what my emotions were saying I can clearly see that for quite some time I needed to suppress them just so I could function in the world. It was an incredibly dire decision I had made that took a lot of soul work to finally be at a point I was capable of facing it. In the end it is just an untruth but they do get imprinted on us and become ingrained in who we are to the point it is hard to see the forest through the trees. Only by releasing and forgiving my father years ago was I able to take all the steps I needed to finally get to a point of being strong enough to face how I was treating and perceiving myself. And the people we may generally go to for help in understanding, our elders, most of the time can't really fully help us cause they are in the dark the same as us. On top of the false belief I also came to a point where I realized I didn't have very good coping skills but how could I if I was never taught them and how could my parents teach me when they themselves were never taught. I guess in that regard we are all innocent because we don't know what we don't know.