Responsibility

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Responsibility

Post by Geoff »

Just saw a pretty horrible FaceBook thread where a few fundamentalists were quoting Leviticus and how they would not be the ones to tell "The Lord" he is wrong about gay folks. And I realised that they do not take any personal responsibility for who they are, what they believe and how they act. Its all laid down to being "God's Work", because they like to claim its precisely "God's Word". But you cannot absolve yourself from responsibility for what you believe, what you think, and what you do. But I guess its hopeless to point that out. They will likely find it pretty tough when they arrive in the Mansion Worlds, and find that they can't blame anyone else for what they have created.

hugs
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Responsibility

Post by Sandy »

It is hard to progress when one remains stuck in the mores of past societies and civilization and it is also impossible to have any kind of a responsible and fruitful spiritual conversation when one or both parties are so embedded in beliefs that seem to have been written in stone. The very idea that a book such as the Bible, in this instance, is God's word seems to mute any other sensible point one could possibly present for enlightened thought. Yet there is soooo much more....

So what do you all think is God's word? If someone asked for a definition what would you tell them? Just a thought... I'm still thinking about my own definition. It's tricky because I am still inspired by things such as the Urantia book. But have I just traded one God's word for another? No, I don't think so, not in my case, anyway, although I could be fooling myself. I suppose what has moved me the most is what happens when in stillness when its just me and God and this big ole quiet wonderful void. Sometimes I find myself changed in a sort... not wilfully but imbibed with something... LOL I know that is not very helpful... :roll:
Let's see...I sort of put God's word and Truth as part of the same definition but this has nothing to do with any human belief...absolutely not! Well in my opinion, anyway. :oops: :roll: The book, 'Christ in Tibet" (2 books in one) appeals to my sense of rightness and a real shame I don't have the quote handy but it says something to the effect that Truth is found one on one with God. So if that is the case, is it Truth for our point of existence now in this moment, on this world and for the particular individual?... a living Truth, not of words and man made articles but something that so resonates with one's soul that it leads them over and over again to the never ending "well" of stillness and more Truth. After learning to meditate over the past 10 years I can understand phrases in the Bible when Jesus speaks of "living water." Yep that is what stillness brings.
But to be my own "devils advocate" the Bible has a similar affect on those who cherish its every word...as does Urantia book etc...
I think I am back at square one... sigh. I know what I feel for myself, Truth, Gods word, etc... but I am wondering, perhaps, do I have the ability, to decide what constitutes God's word for somebody else?... I am wondering if anybody short of Divinity does.
But still...
But you cannot absolve yourself from responsibility for what you believe, what you think, and what you do. But I guess its hopeless to point that out.
Yep..agree... and also for responsibility that mushrooms out from what you purport, say and do. ( How about that college word...bet you didn't think I had it in me. :mrgreen: )

Geez, I am rambling and on a "slippery slope"... :lol:
Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Sandy wrote:. but I am wondering, perhaps, do I have the ability, to decide what constitutes God's word for somebody else?...
Well every medium tries their level best to do that accurately, but its far better for each of us to take our own responsibility to decide if that medium got it right, and all good mediums are humble enough to agree. You do know deep within you if something is Truth, but its YOUR Truth.

hugs
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

On that note, here's a interesting article about channeling that Welles brought to my attention today... :)

http://www.theoreticsinstitute.org/foru ... 3#post1353
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Not bad, but I don't think this is accurate:
So, Who Do You Channel?
This is a trick question, because the answer is YOU. Everybody channels their Higher Self. Keep in mind that your Higher Self is connected to the Divine. Ever have a flash of inspiration or intuition? Listen to your “Muse”? This is your Higher Self talking. One of the primary goals of the Spiritual Path is to increase the conscious connection with your Higher Self and live more Soul-infused.
Occasionally, an individual will receive a transmission from a personal Guide or personal Angel. Sometimes, an individual will receive a message from an Enlightened Being, Ascended Master or Archangel. The majority of the time, however, the message is coming from the Higher Self. Keep in mind that your connection to the Divine is never less important than another’s. Develop your Internal Observer and start trusting yourself.
I sure wish the majority of channellers were channeling their TA's. But in my experience its actually quite rare, and the far more common thing is low level (Mansion World) spirits. But high-ego spirits.

hugs
Geoff
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Geoff, I felt sad but also angry, reading your post. I feel badly about this at least once a week, when I hear someone making a comment like the one you came across on FB. I wind up feeling frustrated, sad, hopeless -- but also quite angry. I try to understand where all that anger comes from inside of me . . . what do these remarks remind me of? It's definitely a trigger point for me! :lol: It's awful that so many abide by these more hateful beliefs when it comes to God. Strange, isn't it? Or is it? :lol: Oh well . . .

:roll Lucky we have one another!
with love, Michele
lilly

Post by lilly »

Some mediums have good intentions...but often colour the message with their own experiences and judgements. I have met a few who were truly clear channels and some who were a disgrace. Once in touch with the higher self....a few tears release from one or either of my eyes.....ever so gently. Being aware of our own ego is a huge step in spiritual growth.....and a cause for laughter too at times!! :lol:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

I took the trouble to create this: