Post by worshiper1111 »

This is a great book! Any comments?
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Hi Worshiper1111,

Welcome. Why is this a great book? Can you give us a precis? I think we already know a great deal about what happens in heaven. Where does he get his information from? Here is a summary of what we know:Getting the hell out of here It's also free. :lol:

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
worshiper1111
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by worshiper1111 »

Heaven can be experienced here and now... and should be. Randy gets his references from the scriptures but he really hits home with my experience with heaven here and now!! He suggests worship and joy better than I have read anywhere.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear worshiper1111,
Heaven can be experienced here and now... and should be. Randy gets his references from the scriptures but he really hits home with my experience with heaven here and now!! He suggests worship and joy better than I have read anywhere.
I would not disgree that we can experience bliss here, in fact I would claim to be one of a relatively small number of folks that have spiritual practises that invoke that. I have not yet found a mainstream orthodox religion, or pastor who comes close. But maybe there is a first time?

However your statement is a real cop out, IMHO. If you write a book about heaven, we want to know about the next realm. Otherwise call the book Heaven-on-earth. If his book is not about the next realm then I don't think it's worth reviewing, never mind reading. There are quite a number of books that really do describe heaven well, some of them written a long time ago. Here is another one Spirit World and Spirit Life

love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

No, I mis-represented the book. It is completely about the next realm.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Worshipper1111,
It is completely about the next realm.
And he gets that from the scriptures? Not the ones I read, I am sure.

Love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

It is a fat book - 500 pages - small print - based on wonderful scriptures and the solid promised of God.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

worshiper1111 wrote:It is a fat book - 500 pages - small print - based on wonderful scriptures and the solid promised of God.
So it does not tell you how we will live, eat, move around and what we will be doing in the next realm then? And how we progress and draw closer to Father?

I reckon I have read The OT and the NT. And I defy anyone to write 500 pages describing the physical reality of the next realm from that source alone. It would have to be conjecture, supposition, inference and guesswork?

I just read this page Are You Looking Forward to Heaven? Boy he's a good talker. Didn't learn anything though, except to agree most Christians have no idea about heaven.

love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

He brings in fiction writers like C S Lewis, Tolkein, Hugo, and others but he really is grounded in scripture. It is a wonderful celebration of just how much is in the scriptures inviting us to come to heaven. Here is a quote for you: ''The Bible's picture of resurrected people at work in a vibrant society on a resurrected Earth couldn't be more compleeing: We're going to help God run the universe (Luke 19:11-27).'' It is awesome!
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

worshiper1111 wrote:He brings in fiction writers like C S Lewis, Tolkein, Hugo, and others but he really is grounded in scripture. It is a wonderful celebration of just how much is in the scriptures inviting us to come to heaven. Here is a quote for you: ''The Bible's picture of resurrected people at work in a vibrant society on a resurrected Earth couldn't be more compleeing: We're going to help God run the universe (Luke 19:11-27).'' It is awesome!
Dear new friend. Perhaps these things are not known to you, but some of us are already working with angels every day to make the universe a better place.

However I am intrigued by that quote, since that biblical passage is as follows:
The Parable of the Ten Minas
11 While they were listening to this, he went on to tell them a parable, because he was near Jerusalem and the people thought that the kingdom of God was going to appear at once.
12 He said: "A man of noble birth went to a distant country to have himself appointed king and then to return.
13 So he called ten of his servants and gave them ten minas.[a]'Put this money to work,' he said, 'until I come back.'
14 "But his subjects hated him and sent a delegation after him to say, 'We don't want this man to be our king.'
15 "He was made king, however, and returned home. Then he sent for the servants to whom he had given the money, in order to find out what they had gained with it.
16 "The first one came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned ten more.'
17 " 'Well done, my good servant!' his master replied. 'Because you have been trustworthy in a very small matter, take charge of ten cities.'
18 "The second came and said, 'Sir, your mina has earned five more.'
19 "His master answered, 'You take charge of five cities.'
20 "Then another servant came and said, 'Sir, here is your mina; I have kept it laid away in a piece of cloth.
21 I was afraid of you, because you are a hard man. You take out what you did not put in and reap what you did not sow.'
22 "His master replied, 'I will judge you by your own words, you wicked servant! You knew, did you, that I am a hard man, taking out what I did not put in, and reaping what I did not sow?
23 Why then didn't you put my money on deposit, so that when I came back, I could have collected it with interest?'
24 "Then he said to those standing by, 'Take his mina away from him and give it to the one who has ten minas.'
25 " 'Sir,' they said, 'he already has ten!'
26 "He replied, 'I tell you that to everyone who has, more will be given, but as for the one who has nothing, even what he has will be taken away.
27 But those enemies of mine who did not want me to be king over them—bring them here and kill them in front of me."
Sadly that very quote has what I would consider a false insertion in the Bible. Para 27. Which is why it is no longer my favourite source. And I can't see how he gets any knowledge about heaven from that parable. Actually the angels if I recall have already explained what that parable or certainly a very similar tale really means - The Law of Divine Love

love,
Geoff.
Last edited by Geoff on Fri May 27, 2005 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

All I'm saying is that Randy Alcorn has some wonderful angel speaking through him also.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

worshiper1111 wrote:All I'm saying is that Randy Alcorn has some wonderful angel speaking through him also.
You are probably right. Many people do, some are aware of it, and acknowledge it publicly, some are aware of it and are too scared to acknowledge it publicly. Some go right ahead and attribute what they hear to the angel, complete with names. Such messages we distribute every day.

I would be very pleased when a major orthodox pastor is prepared to publicly state his inspiration comes from an angel.

love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

Angels can point us in the direction of inspiration all the time in their on-going desire to have us enjoy more and more heaven each day. I greatly increased my portion of daily heaven by reading this book. It's a delight.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

worshiper1111 wrote:Angels can point us in the direction of inspiration all the time in their on-going desire to have us enjoy more and more heaven each day. I greatly increased my portion of daily heaven by reading this book. It's a delight.
Try some of these viewforum.php?f=2

maybe this one ? viewtopic.php?t=2370

love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

Thanks so much for the dialogue! I have really enjoyed your recommended reading!
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

You're welcome.

Do you see 11:11?

love,
Geoff.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

Sure.
worshiper1111
New Friend

Post by worshiper1111 »

Do you really understand 'The Supreme?' I do very well but it wasn't until Randy talked about doing work that 'would last forever' that I could really celebrate 'last forever.'