Finally Published

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Finally Published

Post by overmind »

Hi everyone, I wanted to let you all know that I have finally published the first three parts of my ongoing Epic of Old for the Kindle. You can find them at the following links:

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTHLI6S - Part 1
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTHLK7A - Part 2
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BTHLN5Y - Part 3

Each book has updated content that was not posted on this forum (at least one paragraph and poem). Also, I plan on making all three titles free on Saturday, the 16th, so that will be the best time to get them. If you have any questions, please ask, and please review the books if you have read them. I would especially like to know if there are any issues with formatting since this is my first time doing this. Part 4 is in the works (I've got a few pages going), but will not be completed any time soon.

Exciting times! :bana:
Sandy
Staff

Re: Finally Published

Post by Sandy »

:sunflower: Thanks Overmind. I am so happy for you. :D You have been working on this for some time and now it has all finally come together in this published work. I consider myself lucky to have been able to see this project grow...paragraph by paragraph and poem by poem. I know, at first glance it might seem like a work of science fiction and fantasy but when one reads it slowly and carefully, greater spiritual "whispers" are found carefully tucked within the content...much like a "where's Waldo". For me, the colorful imagery lends itself to contemplation of growing evolutionary worlds in our own universe of Nebadon...or as what some may call the Milky way. Perhaps it echoes the rise and fall of worlds much like our own, as free will runs accordingly true to the the wills of men and women who build and destroy worlds as easily as those mythical gods of old.

I wish you great success Overmind and I will be one who will be definitely downloading it on my kindle. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

I just wanted to let everyone know that they will be free again tomorrow, Saturday the 6th. Please leave a review if you have time. Book 3 will get an update soon (new appendices entry).

You can get more information about future updates at my blog: http://thecerebrate.blogspot.com/
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Overmind...I've been meaning to talk to you. I downloaded the first part a couple weeks ago with plans of downloading the other two. But for some reason it never showed up in my kindle on my computer...And doesn't seem to be anywhere when I do a search. This is my fault I am sure... or my computer trying to make me feel small. :? I will download kindle programing again from Amazon and see if it works tomorrow. Geoff set it up for me the first time over a year ago and it was working fine back then. But I haven't downloaded anything since and my computer excels in ways to confound me.
Thank you for reminding us and for the blog information. I'll check it out and do a little research in writing a review...never done that before.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

When you buy books, they should download to the kindle automatically. I've never run into any problems (although you might have an older version). You can just download them all again for free today (although I don't know what time the sale starts).
overmind

Post by overmind »

Man, I wish I could post portions of the book here, I just got the new addition to the appendices done. It is almost half a page in Word and talks about the Permaforge of Keilrunni (name changed from Keilruuni). I'll update the book tomorrow.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I've been up to my eye balls in paperwork (business taxes but I am hoping to take a look at my kindle in greater depth this week...maybe even downloading a new version. That is if I can work the gardening in as well. My computer is showing signs of slow down again so better take some steps to correct that first as once again videos are stopping every few seconds and it takes forever to move around. It can be maddening when this happens LOL

But all my troubles aside, I am excited to view the new changes so maybe it is handy that I missed free day...although it would have been nice to try out my system in case I ran into the same ole problem.

It's good to know you are still over there creating... :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

It doesn't cost anything to update the eBook once you own it, but I don't remember if the update is manual or if it happens automatically.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Book 3 already has another update coming up. An addition that better describes the attributes of the two gods, who they were and what they represent. Not all of this was clear from the first poem, so it is being explained in great detail.

The outline for Part 4 is nearing completion. The plot device introduced in Part 4 will have a place in Part 5 (as well as 1 and 2). I'm planning on making Nezbaerth be a narrator as he discusses historical events with the reader and which end up as parts of his archive. The only issue is that he won't be that much older as the events unfold in the story. I could do something like the journal entries in Part 3, or I could have all of the relevant historical information presented in the beginning and he will age after each segment. Right now I'm sticking with the journal entries, but these will be called archive records or something.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It all sounds great, Overmind. There seems to be no lack of creativity on your end. I love it! :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

Part 3 is being updated by Amazon right now. An update for Part 1 is now in the works which details the battle between Solomon's men and the Consumer of Worlds.
overmind

Post by overmind »

The update for Part One is being uploaded. I also included a very long poem about Solomon's past and his first battle. Pretty big update. :)
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Hi Overmind,

Glad that you've published your material! I will be checking it out later this year when my book queue has cleared up a bit...

With Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
overmind

Post by overmind »

I've gotten farther with part 4, about 10 pages of material. So far, the beginning is the first section of Nezbaerth's archives which he wrote as a young adult. It goes into detail about all 5 continents, such as the landscape, its history and the culture of the people. For each of the large regions, the people believe in a different afterlife, which then gets created in the world of dreams. So instead of leaving the planet, souls wander the dreamworld, pursuing what they believe in. Not sure yet how this will impact part 5, but there will be implications.

I'm thinking half of part 4 is simply going to be filled with historical documents written by Nezbaerth as he ages (told throughout the story). There is certainly a plot involving Markus, but it alone is not engaging enough. There needs to be a third element.

By the way, the books are free again tomorrow, the 14th.
overmind

Post by overmind »

The map is done, the first version anyway.

overmind

Post by overmind »

Well I was successful, but it's a bit cumbersome. Unfortunately since the map is a square, it gets stretched on the globe. I need increase the size of the polar ice caps and then trim the top and bottom. More work... :x
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That’s a lot of “man hours”, Overmind. But it is worth it...Looks terrific! Well done! :sunflower:
XX Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

Just an update. I've been having trouble writing recently. Writing parts of a book within a book has certainly been challenging. After writing about all of these world events that influence one another, I figured I need to create a timeline at this point. I'm hoping to get the Hlendvlask portion of history completed soon. I've also been working on my notes for Part 5, which will include a cosmological history that will tie the story together and provide a huge surprise. Also, I figured out that the previous poems (A Selfish Cry, Trumpets of the Abyss) can be used as a figurative story for this history of the universe. The only thing that's missing is a coherent story for Part 4. :lol:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

The only thing that's missing is a coherent story for Part 4.
After reading your work and seeing these wonderful bouts of inspiration...I have a strong feeling that when the time is right what you need will come to you...It's in there.(pointing to your chest. :) )

I can't wait to see how it all comes together...I love surprises! :mrgreen:
XX Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

I'll post the timeline when I'm done. I tried finding a fancy way to present it, but the easiest way was just making a list with dates. The problem is that I have to look through everything I have (notes + past 3 stories), but it will eliminate any future errors.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Yeah sometimes the simple way is the best way. As cumbersome as completing the time line may be, it will probably help you tremendously as well as the eventual readers. I have read books where timelines have been provide and that, as well as maps, make wonderful reference tools for complex stories and histories. Your grand kids will be so proud of you! LOL I know, I'm "jumping the gun" ) a bit but how awesome it will be for them to show their friends what their cool granddad did way back then. :)
XX Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

As progress continues, I am now finally able to place the events of books one and two on the same timeline of book three. Much math has been involved with developing this thing, but many of the challenges have been completed. There are still a few more though, especially when explaining the legend of the beginning of the world through the understanding of the aged Nezbaerth.

One more thing I have completed is an updated cover design for the past books. These books will be republished when part 4 is complete. The first two books have some minor correction, but part three has big changes to the appendices which also require part 4 (as important information is being removed and added to this section).

happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi overmind. i like the covers. very cool :hithere
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

WOW!!! me too! The covers are wonderful! I will reorder the entire thing when all is set up and in place. Hopefully by then my "kindle whoas" will be figured out. I haven't tried ordering anything since the last debacle. LOL You realize of course that it isn't the program but the one, in this case, trying to access it.
Sandy
overmind

Post by overmind »

I have an idea for the fourth cover. I'm thinking of removing color from the map (possibly adding a filter to make it look sketched) and sticking it in a piece of paper or book that will be sitting on a table. The table will probably have a painted look. Since Part 4 is mostly notes written by one of the characters, it would be great to have a picture of the desk used to create them.

The map gets occasional updates, but they are very slow.