Discussions of spiritual books
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The Urantia Book

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

:D I confess: a fresh loaf of Filabuster Bread ("fila" refers to Buster's serial dissertations) had just emerged from the oven when I wrote those words about bread and aromas. Even the symbolism of this recipe development was noticeable: the flax meal should not be ground too fine, nor too coarse; it should have obvious freshness and, most importantly, nutritional substance. The UBCOR web pages will be appealing when the message is fresh, appealing and reflective of all that is good about UB dissemination in the world.

:cheers: But the revelators repeatedly emphasized the mandate of the universe: free will must reign. The UB with its now static words (static in print but not in the living expressions of its readers) should constrain neither the community's nor the individual's interpretations and reflections of truth, beauty and goodness.

The time-lapse video of an unfolding sunflower (a link on the UBCOR home page), along with the complementary inspirational music, symbolizes so much about the power of good over evil, cooperation over resistance, and hope over despair. As the sunflower florets blossom from the perimeter to the center, into future seeds (the fruit of new life) having spiral patterns*, their synchronized emergence in groups forecasts the pattern of growth for the concept of community:

:flower: The universe conscious souls on the fringe respond first to the call to welcome the new paradigm. These souls respond with unique and personal expressions of truth, beauty and goodness thereby awakening and influencing others nearby. This pattern of awakening followed by inspired response repeats again and again. These inward-spiraling positive forces of change are inexorable - the sunflower must achieve its destiny. The coordinated focus, energy and labors of the new groups keep improving the success of the enterprise. Our planet's march to light andf life exhibits this pattern even though the forces of evil and darkness seem to get "more press" than the reality of progress.

The mission of UBCOR must include the reflection of humanity's progress, it's always blossoming flowers of purposeful, loving cooperation by universe conscious souls.

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sunflower

Rod ... :sunflower: :sunny:
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

He Rod,
Without a doubt UBCOR will be successful. It sounds as if you have a very good attitude and outlook which is reflected in all that you do. :D

Oh I could go for a slice of that freshly made Filabuster bread right now! Is there anything that smells better then bread in the oven? :mrgreen:

I found the information about sunflowers very interesting and learned something new about a plant I have grown for many years in my backyard garden:
Sunflowers can be used in phytoremediation to extract toxic ingredients from soil, such as lead, arsenic and uranium, and used in rhizofiltration to neutralize radionuclides and other toxic ingredients and harmful bacteria from water. They were used to remove caesium-137 and strontium-90 from a nearby pond after the Chernobyl disaster,[20] and a similar campaign was mounted in response to the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear disaster.
Isn't that fabulous! Nature seems to have a solution for just about anything. :D

Marching on to Light and Life!
:flower:
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

Thanks for the note about sunflowers! :sunflower:

Now that Spring is here in Texas, I'll resume my favorite method of consumption of the seeds: soak overnight, covered in fresh water, then spread in a colander and rinse twice a day for two days*; keep the colander covered (I use a plate). This sprouting is just enough to significantly improve the nutrition of the seeds as well as create a milder nut flavor with gentle moisture and appealing texture. Perfect for salads, casseroles, cereals, etc.!

* The loose skins can be poured off easily. Rinse several times before transferring the seeds to the colander. Keep the sprouting seeds cool to avoid mold.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.ubcor.org/ (click on "UBCOR" below the plant design)

:flower: Symbolism for any group, formal or not, is important for group cohesion and direction. The Urantia Peal geometry is a good example of a symbol that would rival (in potential) the Christian fish symbol of previous centuries. Urantia Pearl is not a completed design but displays the foundational geometry as an abstract design: "Urantia, the pearl of our local universe".

:idea: Once such a symbol (the geometric symbol - not a design that would be restricted by copyright or trademark) becomes popular, it can be crafted in various media and artistic styles and be freely used worldwide to symbolize one's participation in the informal, worldwide Urantia Book Community of Readers.

Just posting this comment should be sufficient to generate opinion and ideas. We can evaluate this creativity later in the year. :roll

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Further ...

The meaning of the symbol might eventually encompass much more than the informal UBCOR group,
perhaps indicating universe conscious mortals who have awakened to the reality of celestial guidance
and who have committed to the greatest challenge of all: the Paradise adventure.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.ubcor.org/

:flower: The default home page is completed - click on the "~~" symbols to go to other sites.
The Urantia Pearl design was added to the page to promote recognition of this symbol.

Rod ... :bike: ... :sunny:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: For reference ...

The four circles in the Urantia Pearl design have diameters of
1000000, 2000000, 3000000, 4000000 units.

The design, when professionally reproduced, will display the circles in pearl white;
the blue background (which is cropped too close) is hex code #0001F2.

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: This page is a good use for the Urantia Pearl design: http://aitnaru.org/lighttruth.html

I was never satisified with the pearl white lines tested, so substituted a very light blue.
Click on the design to read the quote in context. ;)

Rod
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Goofing around with Rod's Pearl. WHIST

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Welles,

:sunflower: "That's the ticket!" (the geometry needs to be artistically expressed in many media and colors).
A real pearl in the center of the design would be mesmerizing, especially as jewelry (gold or silver).

Rod
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Amigoo wrote:

A real pearl in the center of the design would be mesmerizing, especially as jewelry

OK You want that pearl in a gold setting? Um just the pearl or the whole nested circle design? Gold or Silver?

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Welles,

8) Nice improvement of the Urantia Pearl design! I was considering a pearl about 1/2 to 2/3 that size that looks like it's in a jewelry setting (so that the blue background is visible). I just copied your image from this topic and reformatted it to JPG so I know that it can be posted on the UBCOR page (if you agree).

The completed design might some day be printed on glossy paper (or note cards, etc.) with "Urantia, the pearl of our local universe." as the inspirational message. 1111angels could even sell these (and similar merchandise) and use any income for its site expenses. :idea:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: There is important subtlety in the symbolism:

:arrow: UBCOR is a web site (in potential) for the promotion of community amongst those who read the Urantia Book, the planet's Fifth Epochal Revelation, and desire to disseminate its teachings.

:arrow: The Urantia Pearl design is symbolism that promotes our planet, Urantia, as a member of an intelligent, spiritually-guided universe; the only planet in ten million having the honor of being the mortal home of Michael of Nebadon. "... a Michael-bestowal world becomes the individual and personal ward of a Master Son and, as such, is wholly subject to his own plans and rulings." (20:4.5) :roll

:idea: If the revised design has commercial value, the core geometry should be the only design displayed on UBCOR (to allow commercial freedom for the pearl-embellished design).

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.pearlsbypanja.com/
"Pearls are the oldest known gem and symbolize the best within us ... wisdom, truth, purity and faith. The only jewel made by a living creature" :sunflower:

:hithere Prompting entertainment ...
1:11 PM just said hello and 11:11 AM was the first time I viewed this morning after going to bed so late (with a 6:06 AM prompt goodnight kiss)

Back to the quote ...
That Urantia, now on the path to light and life by the efforts of living mortals (and the guidance of midwayers and other celestials, etc.), should be earning its reputation as the pearl of the universe is fascinating symbolism! 8)

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: What is a "Urantia pearl"?

:flower: "Urantia Pearl" is new symbolism derived from the following quote in the Urantia Papers, our planet's Fifth Epochal Revelation. That the pearl is the only jewel made by a living creature provides the symbolic association with the continuing spiritual advancement of our planet, Urantia, in its march to light and life*. For as the planet advances by the efforts of continuous generations of living mortals so does the pearl develop by the responses of the oyster to its stimulating environment:

"You were truly among the least of all creation until Michael's bestowal elevated your planet to a position of honor and great universe interest"**

:idea: The Urantia Pearl geometric symbol consists of four nested circles having incremental diameters in a 1,2,3,4 relationship. For example, diameters of 100, 200, 300, and 400 units reflects the diameters of one set of Urantia Pearl circles. These incremental diameters are symbolic of the purposeful and guided steps whereby mortals ascend to the many advancement plateaus in the local universe before they continue with the Paradise ascent.

:idea: Also, the 4 nested circles are positioned to create an abstract representation of the universe circuits, representation that is reminiscent of the concentric circles symbol revealed in the Urantia Papers.*** Unlike the concentric circles symbol with its white and azure blue colors, the Urantia Pearl symbol may display the circles' geometry in any media and with the artistic embellishment and colors preferred by the artist, symbolism of universe-mandated free will. :roll

the Urantia Papers, published since 1955 as the Urantia Book:
* Paper 55, Introduction, "The Spheres of Light and Life".
** Paper 41, Section 10, "Origin of Inhabited Worlds".
*** Paper 93, Section 3, "Melchizedek's Teachings".

Rod ... :bike: ... :sunny:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.ubcor.org/
This page is ready to be dormant for several months. :arrow:

:study: To view the explanation of the Urantia Pearl symbolism, click on either "~" symbol in the page heading: ~ Urantia, pearl of our local universe ~.

Judging by the recent prompts, the midwayers are excited about this project, but not because of its currently limited text, artwork and vision - the excitement may be the project potential as expressed later by others who embellish the artwork and give greater depth to the vision and symbolism.

Thanks, Welles, for your creativity for the first embellished design! :thumright:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Fascinating correlation between modern archaeology and the UB's story of Dilmun: :cheers:

Re: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-22596270

:study: "Dilmun, one of most important ancient civilisations of the region and said to date to the third millennium BC, was a hub on a major trading route between Mesopotamia - the world's oldest civilisation - and the Indus Valley in South Asia."

Re: Paper 77 - The Midway Creatures :hithere
Section 3. The Tower of Babel
Section 4. Nodite Centers of Civilization

77:3.1. After the submergence of Dalamatia the Nodites moved north and east, presently founding the new city of Dilmun as their racial and cultural headquarters.

77:4.7. And all this explains how the Sumerians appeared so suddenly and mysteriously on the stage of action in Mesopotamia. Investigators will never be able to trace out and follow these tribes back to the beginning of the Sumerians, who had their origin two hundred thousand years ago after the submergence of Dalamatia. Without a trace of origin elsewhere in the world, these ancient tribes suddenly loom upon the horizon of civilization with a full-grown and superior culture, embracing temples, metalwork, agriculture, animals, pottery, weaving, commercial law, civil codes, religious ceremonial, and an old system of writing. At the beginning of the historical era they had long since lost the alphabet of Dalamatia, having adopted the peculiar writing system originating in Dilmun.

77:4.8. The elaborate records left by the Sumerians describe the site of a remarkable settlement which was located on the Persian Gulf near the earlier city of Dilmun. The Egyptians called this city of ancient glory Dilmat, while the later Adamized Sumerians confused both the first and second Nodite cities with Dalamatia and called all three Dilmun. And already have archaeologists found these ancient Sumerian clay tablets which tell of this earthly paradise “where the Gods first blessed mankind with the example of civilized and cultured life.” And these tablets, descriptive of Dilmun, the paradise of men and God, are now silently resting on the dusty shelves of many museums.

Rod ... :sunny:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Links to related history and UB text containing references to "Dilmun":

Wikipedia encyclopedia
. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dilmun

Paper 77 - The Midway Creatures :hithere

Section 3. The Tower of Babel
. http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P077_3

Section 4. Nodite Centers of Civilization
. http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P077_4

Paper 89 - Sin, Sacrifice, and Atonement

Section 2. The Concept of Sin
. http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P089_2

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod!
I used to have this wonderful book that held maps and references to the ancient world as best they knew, anyway and when I read the Urantia book History I used to plot the area of the world they were speaking of on some of these maps. Trying to follow where everyone moved as history progressed. That was some time ago and my Mom now owns this book since it was too big and bulky to bring with me... A large number of my books as is was lost at sea when I moved here...grrr..still grumpy about that...
Okay...no need to go down that overly traveled sad road I suppose.. :lol:

I find this fascinating, Rod. Thank you!
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

That's a fun little odyssey you took us on, Rod. Thanks. When I was a kid and fantasizing 'what I want to be when I grow up' the profession of archeologist was always near the top of my list. Well that never happened but I've found lots of artifacts and fossils in my life anyway. :lol:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Fond of science? Consider anthropology:
http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/06/ ... thal-bone/
"Many modern-day humans carry Neanderthal DNA" :roll:

The preceding sentence in the Science article explains this:

"Neanderthals (Homo neanderthalensis) were a human species closely related to modern humans (Homo sapiens). They died out approximately 30,000 years ago, though not without apparently interbreeding with Homo sapiens"

Interestingly, "playing around" (interbreeding, in general) began with the earliest humans ... and continues to this day! ;)

:study: But no surprise to UB readers: this interbreeding is mentioned, but not "DNA" (except "dna" in "Sudna" - servital number 842,842,682,846,782 of Havona):

64:7.10. In general and to start with, the Sangik tribes were more intelligent than, and in most ways far superior to, the deteriorated descendants of the early Andonic plainsmen; and the mingling of these Sangik tribes with the Neanderthal peoples led to the immediate improvement of the older race. It was this infusion of Sangik blood, more especially that of the blue man, which produced that marked improvement in the Neanderthal peoples exhibited by the successive waves of increasingly intelligent tribes that swept over Europe from the east.

79:5.1. While the story of India is that of Andite conquest and eventual submergence in the older evolutionary peoples, the narrative of eastern Asia is more properly that of the primary Sangiks, particularly the red man and the yellow man. These two races largely escaped that admixture with the debased Neanderthal strain which so greatly retarded the blue man in Europe, thus preserving the superior potential of the primary Sangik type.

Therefore, if our ancestors were of the blue race, we might be quite fond of "man caves". :lol:
Our continuing enchantment with wheels might be another clue!

Rod ... :bike: ...
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.theub.org/

:flower: Click on the white space next to "casual browsing:" to download a generic epub file of the UB with "point & click" functionality for UB Parts, Papers and Sections.

:geek: To read these Papers on a PC, extract the "Urantia Papers" folder from the Zip file and open the "Urantia Papers - Revelation.epub" file with an epub reader (free for the Firefox browser: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... pubreader/ 8) )

Rod
meli203
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Post by meli203 »

ofek wrote:Who was the author of the Ubook?
There is soooooo much information in it and its was definitely given from a divine source
so do we know who channeled the information and who wrote it?
Hello,

where can i purchase Ubook ?

thanks
overmind

Post by overmind »

Sorry for missing your post yesterday meli203. The book doesn't actually need to be bought, it is technically public domain. I bought one after I had already finished reading it. It comes in several formats, but I suggest using the PDF version if reading on the computer (https://s3.amazonaws.com/urantia/docs/e ... RT.pdf.zip). The other formats are here (http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book/dow ... antia-book). You can also get one on a Kindle (for money), or just buy a physical copy from Amazon.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Welcome Meli203! :hithere