Faith & science, the balance.

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
jack6251
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Faith & science, the balance.

Post by jack6251 »

Yeah, right on sista! :)

Jack :pig:
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Here here Jack! :lol: :hithere

You know Philip, your friend Dawkins is in for quite the surprising adventure when he dies! Feature that! :shock: Boy, do I look forward to meeting up with the old scientists on the other side, and witnessing their complete awe and stupefaction! They will be a real trip to speak with, eh? ;)

Peace to you! Michele :kiss: :loves :sunflower:
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

Michele,
We don't have to wait until we die to discover the unknown, science is a discipline that only serve the physical reality and scientists who declare the Universe is a spontaneous event or life is random only proves how rigid they are, it is only true when reverse engineering the process of evolution. Even if it seems like a coincident, why should we stop seeking the creator while they made up multi Universe? Creativity is not scientific, does science reject it? No, because creativity is beyond science, the process of creation be it natural or man made is to improve from the existing, old telephone become smartphone is the same as ape become human.

Human can recreate by artificial means but natural creation does not mean random just because we don't see our creator, if intelligence too s random, then why only one species have it and no other animals develop half the intelligence during this process? The only reason is ego, watch their videos and you'll see why they are afraid of not in control, then compare with scientists who accepted the term spirituality, soul or entity. Now compare a life that has no purpose and a life that explore, science is created by the creative explorer not the purposeless, blind follower is the same as blind scientist.

Does it matter whether we are created intentionally or random? What do we do given one lifetime is the real question in the real world.

Philip
:bike:
Philip
:bike: :bike:
"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery we are trying to solve." - Max Planck
nasra1996
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by nasra1996 »

Ive been thinking a lot about this lately, if we take a look at nature and how we have evolved it speaks much about our Creators and design, what i cannot quite fathom is how God our creator is perfect, his design is initially perfect, the blueprint of everything is formed with geometric sound waves and we have geometry in everything, yet along side this perfect design of the universe there exists chaos, the cosmos is violent, the earth is violent - earthquakes, tornadoes etc, we as creatures are fallible, have disabilties, mental problems, create evil, destroy ourselves etc, etc, yet we are designed and created from perfection... it makes me think that our God, creator decided to deliberatly create a blip in our design, like my phone, it forever crashes, faulty, someday it will die but the energy inside never will, we were created this way, for what reason ? I think this is why people such as Dawkings question a God, as they see so much randomness and chaos that is unexplainable..

Maybe perfection emits chaos ? :)

my brains starting to creak with attempted thoughts lol

Peace

Sarah
"Only from the heart Can you touch the sky" Rumi

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

Since I have no religion, I don't know we are created as perfect being and don't think so. The process of evolution is the same as mutation, all cells mutate and not just duplicate itself but adopt and adapt, any living things that fail to do so in changing climate will extinct, eventually, some plant grow thorn & poison to deter from eaten by animals, have you wonder why chilli is hot and bitter gourd is bitter? Bird can eat them.

Human are no longer in the food chain since long time ago but how does human out run predators to survive without claws and can't climb trees like monkey either? I suspect foresight ability and the spirit of self sacrifice so that others in the pack can survive another day, this behaviour is similar to animals that migrate for food and settle down when they learn to defend with weapon and fire.

We cannot know if we are created because that will change our behaviour, will everyone still want to live their lives the way it is knowing we will meet God when we die? Incidentally, Armageddon is written in the holly book also the same in other religions, does that mean people know that it will be the end of the world when God show himself? But before that, over population in unsustainable economic system running on fiat currency will crumble, so, God exist or not is the least of our problem but hey, we are prompted for a reason and do you feel like doing something good in your life?

Lightworkers is not a title but a role if we choose to accept it, we all have seen the evidence and experienced the emotion to come here. Strangely enough, I don't believe in God but I respect the creator, sometimes I speak like a saint, maybe a knight on steel horse. :lol:

Philip
:bike: :bike: :bike:
Philip
"Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are a part of the mystery we are trying to solve." - Max Planck
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

I dont use the word God either :) I believe in a creator and sustainer that is the original energy source of our universes. Unlike Dawkings, i beleive that this Creator has to have personality.. It's nothing we can ever comprehend really.. We just feel it.. what i question is that everything in creation begins with perfect design, in its original state, we see this evidence with the geometry.. (hope im right there or should i say intentional perfect design) Yet as soon as its created it defaults.. Its amazing and i think reflecting on the imperfection and chaos in our existence through nature rather than the good can teach us so much about our God/Creator and the purpose of life.. You see it is impossible for creation to have default before its even begun, it has to have begun as perfect pattern otherwise creation could never have taken place, therefore this proves to me we have intelligent design.. hope ya'll havent lost track or fallen asleep lol :)

peace xoooo

"Righteousness strikes the harmony chords of truth and the melody vibrates throughout the cosmos, even to the recognition of the infinite." UB
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Sarah I wonder about that a lot too!!! How do things start out perfect and fall to disorder? Maybe some of your examples, like how our earth has hurricanes and earthquakes, maybe those things are also perfect -- but since they disrupt our life, we tend to regard them as a problem. I mean, devastation takes place, things appear to fall into chaos. But it also reminds me about how a forest can thrive if it has a forest fire. Sometimes the forest fire inspires new growth and new life. It is just always hard to appreciate that, because this insect, this tree, this bird died in that forest fire, and our heart goes out to them and we say what a waste? So it is very hard to understand waste, death, destruction, we feel a pull toward wishing the fire had never happened and we mourn what has been lost.

But I always hear people saying that all our natural disasters put us back to a balance, that it is Mother Nature working out the need to attain to the balance. Lately in the past decade or so people are feeling like we have more natural disasters -- I don't know if we have 'more' or not, if it's perception or reality, I don't know? But there were those two volcanoes in Iceland, and so many various earthquakes, the tsunamis Christmas 2004 (or '05?) in Asia, then again in Japan last year, the typhoon just now in the Philippines and so on . . .and each time we mourn and we say those poor animals, people, trees! So much destruction. And it is indeed a great deal of destruction. But is that 'normal' and is that just part of the way the earth works itself out? It is sad for us and we are torn, wishing it hadn't happened so that life could have been preserved. But in some way is life preserved when these things come up? I don't know myself but I do always wonder.

Perfection falling to chaos (if it does) reminds me of the second law of thermodynamics. Order always falls to chaos, but chaos never falls into perfection. But why not? When we talk about different universes or different dimensions, I always wonder if there is a universe or a dimension, where things come back together, moving closer toward perfection the more time goes by. :shock: And when you spill your glass of wine and break your glass, it pops back up, comes back together, and the wine goes back into the glass! :lol:

I agree Philip that we don't have to wait to die, to appreciate that there is more to creation than meets the eye. ;) But for those who remain staunch in their beliefs like Dawkins, I always get a little smile on my face thinking about the sheer amazement such folks must feel, upon awakening on the other side, at the time of their death. I mentioned this before, about Freud. I always loved good old Freud; I respect him so much. But he was a staunch atheist, Jewish in ethnicity and upbringing, only. He didn't conceive of a God -- to him it was sheer delusion -- just as Dawkins insinuated you were delusional. ;) But in other ways Freud was a genius; Dawkins is a genius. They are compelling fellows. They just have a block to the Great Beyond -- and who can blame them? We live in a black & white, empirical world. So I get a kick out of imagining their delight and shock upon their death, when they go on living. I can't wait to speak to Freud (assuming life on the other side is different and we can easily talk to celebrities, LOL! :lol: ). I want to ask him his early reactions to realizing he still lived! :shock: I do admire him so much and he must have been just amazed. :roll

You guys are awesome! Thanks for sharing your ideas Philip and Sarah! Love you! Michele :loves
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Hey Michelle, i love all your posts you are full of knowledge on just about everything :) that glass breaking and reassembling, i had a really good analogy of it about intelligent design i lost it, was wanting to post it... Yeah thats kind of my (puny minded theory) :) that we cannot create chaos out of chaos/random evolution (atleast i dont thinks so), but we can however create faulty or defaulted, random evolution from perfection, an original pure program, thats how i see it anyway.. With my small intelligence :) 'tis my argument for a God :) but then that suggests that the blip was deliberate if our God is to be all knowing.. anyways, ive rambled enough..

Much love to you

Sarah

11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Sarah I know what you mean -- I think your idea makes a lot more sense than what some of the physicists are saying! We were all talking about that earlier on this thread, that sometimes if you don't understand the math of physics, you're in better shape to see the bigger picture, because you don't get all stuck on the theories as they exactly are already. I have absolutely no ability to understand the math of physics, all I have is philosophy. ;) But thinking is something big, imagining is something big. We talked about how my dad looked up at the chalkboard when he was a kid, and asked the teacher's permission to show her his idea: that South America used to fit into Africa, like the pieces of a puzzle -- and she laughed at him. This was years before they discovered Pangea. ;) And we were talking about how, he was able to see that, because the theories they had going on at the time? He didn't know about them -- so he didn't get tangled up into them. ;) If you have a faulty premise you miss the big picture. Something about your idea has wisdom stamped all over it and I keep trying to fit my mind around it. I think you're a lot smarter than me! Keep at it though I want to hear your updates!!!! ;) :kiss: Maybe you'll have a dream! :shock:

:roll

Love, Michele :loves
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Naw my brain cells are smokin for the time being, done them in ... lol :roll :loves :sunflower: :kiss:

much love xxxxxxx

Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

I was thinking along the same line as Dawkins before I seriously think about how randomness can create and evolve, this theory is supported by evidence eventually reach the point of "why" that can only be answered by God or creator. Why must cell evolve and why are we so far away from other solar systems that promote life if any, perfection to me is the right distance from the sun, magnetic field that protect us from solar flare and giant planets with asteroid belt that absorb deadly meteor and comet.

We are different compared to other life on Earth, at our current physical build, we can't survive in the jungle without intelligence and technology, it is the animal life cycle that sustain our ecosystem not human, our activity is cancerous to the host if we continue to progress blindly, if life have no purpose, we don't need intelligence and live like animals.
Intelligence is a double edged sword, it is needed to improve our own lives but can also doubt our existence at the same time, everything we use are made by people who live with purposes, scientists don't care if there is a creator or not to do their job otherwise they can't perform, nothing will happen without purpose or reason to research and investigate, atheism is short sighted and I choose to be neutral, don't like the term ism.

In my opinion, without the sense of purpose, people will behave reckless and inconsiderate because no body wants to force themselves to be polite and no one is obligated to be nice is the most valuable lesson I learned to understand why reality is harsh, moral & ethics is a self discipline.

Philip
:bike:
Philip
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

I love your max Planck quote, Philip! That is fantastic! Now here is a man who would have really appreciated your thread: "Faith & Science, the balance." As far as he traveled along the road of quantum mechanics, he began to see things. He became a 'knower' as opposed to a 'believer' -- life handed him too many question marks for him to stay staunch in his non-belief! :lol: Happy 11:11, by the way! :hithere It's neat when we come on here and catch a time-prompt as we are reading or typing a response; it seems to happen to so many of us, each day.
I was thinking along the same line as Dawkins before I seriously think about how randomness can create and evolve, this theory is supported by evidence eventually reach the point of "why" that can only be answered by God or creator. Why must cell evolve and why are we so far away from other solar systems that promote life if any, perfection to me is the right distance from the sun, magnetic field that protect us from solar flare and giant planets with asteroid belt that absorb deadly meteor and comet.
This reminds me so much of Hawking. We keep comparing things he'd said in the past, to his current stance (that there is no God) -- trying to understand his thought process. Well I remember reading something just like this, in his book "A Brief History of Time." He said that the precise temperature variances, distance from the sun, magnetic field, and so on and so forth -- all the minute little things necessary to make life possible -- were so 'just right,' that he almost couldn't fathom it. One degree this way or that way and life wouldn't have been possible. He very nearly stated that to his mind, the conditions could only be that precisely perfect if they were engineered -- designed -- created that way. He backed off of that claim at the very last minute . . but you could see his leaning. He also said he couldn't fathom another spot of the universe having such precisely right conditions, to also support life, as ours defy chance to begin with.

I wonder what happened to change his mind??
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

What change Hawkins's mind about creator? Well, when you reach old age being one of the brilliant mind of the world, you may be tired of hanging on to a belief and sick of everything ready to die, more so if you live in his condition. Maybe he should hear what Tom Campbell have to say about bridging miracles and science in this video.
Tom talked about many things I thought of and felt, he make sense of it by explaining the nearest probability in a language we can understand, at 47:30 in this video, he said that people who remember past life (or receive guide/knowledge) are capable of teaching which is synonym to what lightworkers mean.

Philip
nasra1996

Post by nasra1996 »

Ive never delved into Athiesm :) i find it fascinating, not because iam considering being one but because their thoughts and theories are a lot more limitless... yes i too wonder what happened with Hawkings and why he stopped believing in intelligent design.. must find out.. dont you wish you could just talk to these guys in person :) anyways, if you break it down, theres a couple of things i can think of that we perceive to exist out there, thats creation/existence, sustenance/mercy, then theres our reasoning and beleifs that bring gratitude and worship.. i wonder how people like dawkings explain emotion..

my phone crashed, i forgot what point i was going to make :)

much love to all..

11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

I know, I'd love to pick these guys' brains! I'm with you both on that one. It would make for an interesting conversation. Probably they'd have a lot more conjecture and musing, in a face-to-face conversation, more humanity, than what they put forth as their final thoughts for all the world to read about. They have to be final and precise when they present to the world -- but in person they might reveal a bit more of their inner wonderings, their regular-person-ness. ;) I see it's :55 as I type this!

I get curious too Sarah, about the thoughts of the atheistic scientist, and where their mind takes them. I often hear folks say that the destruction in the world (like you were talking about with chaos and natural disasters) is proof to them that there is no God. How could God allow wars? Well this is Philip's interest again: Free will. Why must we suppose that if there is a God, there is no free will? That he would intervene and prevent any tragedy? Does that mean that no one would ever die, too? That he'd allow all life to go on forever? By now we'd be waaaay overpopulated! :lol: It's a fine line.

To me it doesn't show evidence that there is no God, that tragedies happen -- like war and famine and natural disasters, or human cruelty. To me, it makes a lot of sense to suppose that life allows us to learn lessons . . .that we are always free to make our own decisions. We know from world history that many have made rather poor decisions. . . but so many learned from that. Even if the perpetrator does not learn, so many of us witnesses do learn. Shaking out our ego ideals, or shaking out of any desire to behave selfishly instead of altruistically? To me that is one of the important lessons of being alive. Some of us may not get there or some of us may only reach a certain point along that continuum, I suppose. But free will is important, if life is to have meaning, no?

I saw a documentary called "The Corporation." The CEO of a major carpet manufacturing firm, moved me so much, speaking in the movie. He just woke up one day and said to himself "I am a plunderer of the earth." He had a major transformation. He decided to get his company to be sustainable, to recycle, to waste less, to give back to the earth. He now travels the globe hoping to inspire the decision-makers in other major corporations to follow his lead. He is a great example of free will, and learning from lessons. He regrets his old behavior -- and is seeking to repair it, but also to share with others the new way forward. He is able to baldly state "I was a plunderer of the earth." That takes cajones!!! And he's made a huge difference -- we may never appreciate the full ripple effects of his change of heart. :kiss:

With love, Michele :loves
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

Mondragon cooperative corporation is close to "The Corporation" kind of management I presume, there is a renowned micro financing scheme in India meant for farmers too.

You'll like Rupert Sheldrake's The Extended Mind, where the conscious mind didn't reside in the brain but projected around us very much like sixth sense, at the end of the video, there are questions & answers that show how competent he is in his research field and how mainstream science reject his papers simply because of closed minded views:

Philip
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Thanks Philip ! Great medicine for when we get down, and feel like we don't have a prayer of changing the status quo. Many people care a lot ! :kiss:

Grateful you've joined our ranks . . . :love With love, Michele :roll
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Grateful you've joined our ranks . . . :love With love, Michele :roll
Ditto!!!! :D I am so glad of the day you darkened our message board door, Philip! :bike:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

Crop circle at the beginning was just patterns but the latest designs particularly the face and code is really a big mystery, I don't know what to believe, here are two videos.

Philip
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Fascinating, Philip!!! :shock: The response to the Arecibo code is one of my favorites. From the aerial view, it's difficult to tell how large these things are, but when you see a human walking about in the lines, you realize these crop circles are often the size of several football fields, in total area.

I know there are de-bunkers, and that many of these crop circles have been shown to be produced by man, with sticks, working throughout the night. However, many appearances of crop circles occurred in broad day light, with people standing about, who attested to the fact that they turned their backs, and when they they faced back around again, the crop circle had appeared -- in a matter of moments. One famous case of this happening, was right near Stone Henge in England. At any time of the day, hundreds of tourists are there, looking at the famous structure. There was a case where the entire group of tourists and tour guides attested to the fact that the crop circle appeared without any of them witnessing its formation. It wasn't there -- and then it was there. Some farmers have said they saw orbs of light hanging over their fields, suspended, or zipping about a bit, and when they went over to investigate -- found the circles. Dogs introduced into such an area often become hysterical, barking -- barking at what?? Compasses and electromagnetic readings go haywire in such formations as well -- why??

I've also heard people talk about the principle differences between the hoax crop circles, and the 'real ones' for lack of a better term. Apparently the way they bend the crops, in the 'real one,' prevents the shaft of the grain from actually breaking - it is merely bent over. This detail is always pointed at, and they say that in the man-made crop circles, they can't manipulate the grain without breaking the shaft. In the authentic ones, the grain remains intact, and it could not be done with machinery or with sticks. What do we suppose did it, though?

Like the response to the Arecibo message, some of these crop circles are complex geometry, or an answer to a complex proof in advanced mathematics. Those are really stunning! What do you think, Philip?

Looks like Youtube's decided to turn your attention to crop circles now, eh? ;) With love to you! Michele :roll
Philip Fong
Family

Post by Philip Fong »

I don't know enough about crop circles, the recent image and the code beside the huge radio telescope is something worth investigating like making a statement. Before I found this forum, I come across a website about phenomenon and alien messages showing us signs of contact but are kept from the public, many of the UFO videos made this kind of info doubtful.

I found this this video easier to understand and only researchers who does not discard the possibility of intelligence designer can explain better than sceptic like Richard Dawkins, I wonder why so many people accept coincidental as the answer to our existence, maybe they expect divine intervention to atrocity and calamity.

Philip
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Various sources claim that Eisenhower (Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces in Europe during WWII, and U.S. President) met with the aliens on more than one occasion, but that they kept the meetings secret. If it's not true where on earth did that idea come from??? It really makes me wonder.

I heard former U.S. President Bill Clinton speaking on NPR, they were interviewing him about his time in office. He said that one of the things he wanted to look into, once he had his high security clearance ;) (Looking for the juicy stuff!) was he wanted to open up the Area 51 documents. This is an area in the U.S.A., over in the west, where many suspect alien activity took place, but all the documents are under lock and key. So Clinton was very curious about these documents so he requested access. Access was denied!!!! :shock: He said, "By whom? Who is denying me access, I'm the president!!" They said "That's classified, sir." He wasn't even allowed to know who was saying no! LOL! So I take it that the president is not really in charge of anything.

Makes you wonder! Well thanks for the new video Philip, I've bookeared it for later. Love to you! Michele :kiss:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Michele,
I think you would be awed by the first two books of Masters of the Far East. They spoke of some of the things that you described that "Milarapea could do but it seemed Love was at the top of their behaviours..as they were so kind gentle and caring in everything they did.
But it's still pretty neat to think about: causing a thunderstorm! The American west could sure use that power.
We could here too at times. I am smiling as I remember the comic movie, 'Bruce Almighty.' Hmmm maybe its best if we slowly learn such things ... ;) "makes the phrase, "Kill em” with kindness!” take on a whole new meaning. :shock: :lol:

I always assumed the President was the "ring master" of our little American circus. It is surprising to think that there are some things that even the President can't know... to think he can't even know who denied him access! scary! :shock: I wish they'd finally let all their "charges grow up and tell us everything they know about every mystery known to man. Sure, we'd be stunned...maybe sit in our our closets with an aluminium foil cone on our heads. for awhile, but then we'd get used to it, just like we got used to electricity and cell phones! :) No... in my case, not cell phones! Still working on that last one. :roll: When your cell phone can do everything but cook your dinner, perhaps there may be too many gadgets for the likes of me! ;)
Now I am thinking about another movie, Independence Day," (Must be movie night in my head! :lol: ) The scene where the actor President first learns that area 51 does exist. I have always liked that movie. :lol: Oh well...back to the real world! :roll
Have a great day! :sunny:
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Nothing to add...just sitting in front of my computer with my foil hat on. :mrgreen:

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Sammy, you are hilarious!!! :lol: We could all use a foil hat now and again eh? ;)

I wonder if my little small-town library has "Masters of the Far East," Sandy! :lol: Can't quite picture it. I'll be on the look-out, though. Fascinating stuff! We hear more about the inner silence/meditation coming out of the East; not as much about its ritual magic.
They spoke of some of the things that you described that "Milarapea could do but it seemed Love was at the top of their behaviours..as they were so kind gentle and caring in everything they did.
That's where Milarapea wound up . . at first he was just a child, obeying his mother. But after he'd carried out the acts his mother had requested, he had great remorse and saw it was wrong. (It reminds me of the commandment where even though you're supposed to honor your mother and father, you should never obey anything they tell you to do which you know is wrong.) So after that point he became a white-light magician.
But it's still pretty neat to think about: causing a thunderstorm! The American west could sure use that power.

We could here too at times.
Sandy, speaking about that, I just saw a news story yesterday that said that Australia's getting such intense heat waves, that they had to come up with a new color for the temperature gradients scale! They have this new deep magenta now, for the center of your country. Even the outlying parts were in sweltering heat! Are you and George faring ok? Keep your mint tea, watermelon and aloe juice on hand! Yikes! :shock: We had that kind of summer last year -- there were photographs of heavy-duty plastic mailboxes melted over to the side, with the top part touching the ground.

Sending you a cool minty cloud to float in! :roll

Love, Michele :loves