The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Secret

Post by Sandy »

Ah warms my soul to see the family gathering. I feel sort of like it's Thanksgiving all over again...anybody want some tofu turkey? :D Hey, it really isn't that bad...but I like this stuff I made for Beaver last year a lot better. It'scalled almost turkey... had sort of a celery sagey kind of taste about it...

Gyspy, hope Billy's feeling better and over the nasty "bowl bug!" I have me Dad's tummy and almost never get sick in that area but one of the few times I have been I was calling out for God to take me away! (Low pain threshold. :roll: ) Also please tell Light I said hello. We miss her too! I have thought about both of you. And Kenge, I thought of you just last night... :D Gosh I was so glad to see a full Secret page this morning... Yep we've all been busy, but I think about all you throughout the day. Has anyone heard from Aqua Deb? I saw her gorgeous face on a thread someone ressurected and I realized how much I miss her and her multicolored posts...

Oh, I read Pet's blog. It's very good and I can just hear her saying the words as I read them in my head. You know, all of us ought to consider writing about our lives. I know...I know...mine would bore people to tears...but the grandkids...our kids and family some day may think its the best thing since "they invented sliced bread!" (You can tell you are starting the downward slope in life when you start using phrases like that...or the more traditional...."In my day..."
Ahhhh to look at the world with fresh eyes again...growing up in the sixties I thought I could do anything... except chinups in gym class. (It became obvious fairly early on that those little arms were not going to be able to haul up that oreo filled backside. :roll: anyway...

Peace Image love...Imageand an endless plate of Sammy's chocolate chip brownies to all of you! Image
XXSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hi Guys, thanks for the encouragement. Here's my story so far... But you have to start from the bottom, up. With Early Childhood Was Quite An Adventure, up to, The Start of Holiday '77. I haven't had much time to finish that chapter as the kid's are off for a fortnight.

The kid's and I began a bit of spring cleaning today. No sooner have we finished when the family room looks like a bomb's hit it again! Grr.

Debs, I remember when we 'met' here, our children were so young still. Thalia's voice has deepened somewhat like mine. It's funny because on her D.S.voice record, you can change the pitch and if she slightly lowers it it sounds almost exactly like my voice, same vice verca.

OK, it's chilly again today, so this room's the opposite of you Aussie people's rooms. It must feel like August here? Ohh you poor things! I'll send you all some coool breezy vibes! Did you feel it? Good!

Love to you all, as always, Pet XXXXX :loves :love
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by luvinlife »

My friends are back!!! It looks like we've all got a lot of catching up to do. Sandy, yes, it does feel like Thanksgiving!

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

It worked Pet! :lol: was much more comfortable today!

I could use your "cleaning crew" here at the flat. :mrgreen: Pretty soon we are due another flat inspection. Do they do windows? :finger:

Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Heyyy Sandy, Clare, everyone! The kid's only 'do' tidying. Manny likes to empty the dishwasher and that's about it!

I had the courage to put the blog up on the FB and my cousins, nephew & neices are eagerly awaiting new chapters, :lol:
The response has overwhelmed really. It's all good. The last episode I wrote was when our VW bus (just like the one in
Little Miss Sunshine) broke down, the door came off and the horn wouldn't stop beeping. (Just like in Little Miss Sunshine :lol: )
We finally got to our destination on the Adriatic when I 'lost' Denise on the beach and pressumed she had drowned! Running
back to the site screaming! "Denise is dead!" My mum went balistic and almost had a conory while Dad calmed me down.
Glyn found her yards away from where I'd left her...eating an ice cream and building a castle. :lol: I'm having such a laugh
remembering and obtaining extra info from my sister Sue on FB. I'd forgotten about the time I lobbed a whole loaf of bread
in my nan's fish pond.
Sue exclaimed: "How the hell could you forget THAT episode???"

I'm enjoying a peaceful whole day to myself. Kid's are horse riding today. And I found a book. I'm not 100% I put it there.
In fact, I thought all my spiritual books got lost in trans. I have to meditate on every chapter for 40 days. Not gobble it all up and chuck
it in the book piles like I usually do.

OK, I'm for a nice healthy orange & green tea. I'm trying to fast. I hear it helps with meditation as well as pure intent <-- (got my
work cut out there).

Love you all, Petra xxx :loves
ॐ LOVE Petra
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone :hithere ,

How wonderful to see our Not So Secret Secret International Coffee House resurrected again after all these many weeks, and to be receiving notifications of this in my mailbox! And Sandy, how wonderful to read that you are asking about me too! :love I recently got my hair cut again, so I decided to put up a new avatar pic that I took just the other night by just holding the camera out in front of my face. :lol: I believe my old one was better :roll: , but it's still nice to have a change for variety's sake! :lol:

I just recently finished with about a two-month long phase of being the main person doing item listings for our gallery, which now has grown to over 40 artists, and it was a full-time job! :shock: I finished with that phase a couple of weeks ago, but am still just getting back into the swing of having unstructured time, and time to make art myself once again. Whew! :colors:

I did log on and glance briefly at these boards once in a while since I last wrote in, saw how the board format has changed (wow, the colors and emoticons are way easier to use now, and so many more color choices too! :thumleft: ) I was also very sorry to hear of Wingsie's passing, and feeling for everyone in their loss and their grieving process. :cry: She and I never actually really met, so I didn't really know her, but I did see her posts on the boards and she seemed like a very kind and well-loved member of this community. At least she is in a pain-free, joyous place now, and is still able to commune with us, even though she has now shifted her focus from the physical to the non-physical, as Abraham says. :happy

Gypsie Deb, great to hear from you, and glad you're getting better after being sick. I'm sorry to hear about Drew, and about the bug Jack caught as well (was the word for it "giardia," maybe? That's supposed to be a very nasty intestinal parasite, found in unhealthy water as you mentioned. Yuck! :x ). I think we all understand that need for time to just be with oneself and process stuff. Hugs to you! :kiss:

Sandy, I logged on right before you left for the U.S. to say goodbye , and now, by the time I'm posting again, you've already been back for a while now! :lol: I totally understand that transition time needed between phases (such as after your return after being back in the U.S.), and how it takes a while to get back into the swing of things -- that's just the process I'm in right now too! Speaking of gym class, I really need to get back into an exercise routine, as well as lose a bit of weight after all that holiday over-feasting! :shock: :lol:

Pet, that's great that you are writing a detailed blog just as you ought to be doing, since you are such a great writer and storyteller -- I will definitely stop in and read it when I get the chance! :D

Sammy, Clare, and Kenge, I don't think I've actually met any of you yet, though I've certainly seen you on the boards! It's great to meet all of you! :D

And Hi to all the rest of the gang out there who hasn't stopped back by again yet! :hithere

Love you all LUV2 ,

Aqua Deb
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Very nice to meet you, too, Aqua Deb! :hithere :sunflower:
A wise man once said, "Today, let's try to be grateful for the small things..."
And at that moment, all was okay.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Sandy wrote much earlier:
I know...I know...mine would bore people to tears...but the grandkids...
I don't agree Sandy! I do believe everyone has a great tale to tell. Your experiences as a teacher would be a brilliant part of the book, also while you worked in a pet store. Not to mention your move to THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET!! I for one, would read and relish every word! :love

Heyyy Aqua Debs, it's so good to see your colourful self around again...I missed you and your smiling face.

Kennie....the baby!!! AWWWWWWWWWWWW! Getting misty eyed and mushy all over. Do you know the sex yet, or are you keeping it a 'surprise'?

Love you all, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Nice to meet you, too, Deb (Aqualeaf). Petra, I know.....I want Kendra to keep us all filled in on her baby.....that baby will have so many aunts and uncles!!!!!

Love, Clare
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Aqua deb!!!! Hello sister!!!!!! :bana: It was good to see you gorgeous face again! It sounds like your art business is taking off in leaps and bounds. I can't tell you how impressed I am with the way you have brought it into fruition (Chief Bzutu's word ;) ) Do you remember way back in the thread when you was contemplating making a business with your art? You stepped out in faith and self confidence and wow had some ups and downs (I'm thinking of that first gallery) but really came through with flying colors and deserve to succeed in every way imaginable! :cheers:

I went way back near the beginnings of the Secret thread looking for something in particular and found myself smiling myself silly in places and rolling in the floor in others as I was reminded once again of all our past conversations...things like...Sarah's serving her Ethiopian guests meat spice tea by accident and Pet posting her kidney and tom Sauce recipe 7 times in a row just in case some of us missed it the first six times. This thread truly is sort of like a little time capsule... a little book in itself. If I haven't told you before I just want every one of you to know that I cherish each and every one of you. It is a special gift to be a part of your lives. :kiss:

Claire wrote:
that baby will have so many aunts and uncles!!!!!
:sunflower: :bounce: :flower: :roll :loves Isn't that the truth!!! :cheers: LUV2 :sunny: :colors:

Pet wrote:
I for one, would read and relish every word!

Awhhh thanks, sis. You've already heard most of my stories though... not much left to tell. Guess I'll just have to get out there and shake the tree so to speak... make some new ones, huh? ;)

anyway...love you all... Image
Sandy Image
sammy

Post by sammy »

Nice to meet you Aqua Deb!

Hi all! It IS so nice to have the coffee house busy again!!!

Nothing exciting to say, just having my morning cup of Jo and catching up after a few busy days.

LOVE you all!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Hello Everyone!
Just popping back to the board again after a LONG time and I have to say after being ill myself for a while it truly is the best medicine..... Thank you Sandy and everyone for your thoughts and prayers after my message on the prayer and healing board. The sun is shining and I'm feeling much more chipper. I've got to pop into town for a recall audition for a commercial (not sure I ever told you guys I was an actress, though less so now I'm a mum too!) so it'll be nice to get out and about again.
Although I've not been here much I've been in touch with Petra on facebook, and that is great to have kept that connection alive. I'm sure you don't realise it Petra, but it's a very important connection for me, and I have a strange instinct also that your Thalia and my Lily will have some intertwined paths in the future.
It's funny that so many of us have come back again after being away for a while, it feels a bit like a calling.... I didn't realise how important this place was until I came back and felt the love pouring out of it. It truly is wonderful.

I'm also making an effort to practise my meditation. I have found it so hard to still my mind in the past, but I'm making a concerted effort to put the time and practise in and stop looking for 'results' ,if you know what I mean. I'm finding silent chanting is really helpful for me, helps to stop my mind a-wandering. I know if I keep it up it'll really start to pay off in all areas of my life. I've always lacked application but I'm turning 36 in a couple of weeks and figured it was time to pull my finger out!!! I'm just grateful that those midwayers have never given up on me, those prompts keep on coming. THANK YOU!!!

Well, sorry to gabble but just wanted to say hello properly and come back on board. Hope to catch up with all you old friends and look forward to getting to know all the new folks.

Big love to everyone!!!
Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey there Nicks! You're such a sweety saying that about our connection being important to you. Hey, I let Thalia on FB because her French
friends kept asking her. She's made my sister Sue pee her pants laughing with her status quips (Del-boy quotes...she's mad on OFAH, lol). Also
she found her first love...well, he found her and they 'chat' after school...awww! But, he is "in a relationship" now! LOL I'm like: :shock: "But he's
only 12...hasn't even broken out in acne and still plays with lego!" hahahaha.
...actress...
Woah there! Did you star in The Bill once? I'm rooting for you :finger: as they say in show biz: "break a leg" but I'm not
allowed to mention "THAT PLAY" by William Shakespeare am I? Hamlet? NO!!! The other one hehehehe.

I haven't been doing a lot lately...so I kinda envy all you lot who are busy busy busy. I've a feeling this isn't going to last though. :finger:

Well, here's a picture of my desk top fake sunflowers to put a wee smile on all your faces? My favourite colour at the moment is yellow... :sunflower:

Love, Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hi Ladies!

Been a few days, but just popping in to say hello!

Yes, hehe that's my little "nubbs" as we have nicknamed the baby. lol. It started since we saw the first ultrasound (8 weeks) and baby didn't have full arms and legs yet - I said it looked like a peanut with little nubbs. :baby Hehe. Poor thing already has a nickname that will stick for life! lol. (My fiance says "You see! That's how nicknames get started. But I love it!" Haha, maybe we're a little strange.)

Sooo...I had my 12th week appointment last week, and everything went really well. All my tests have come back negative and they say baby is growing very well. That is a blesssing.

Pet - no we don't know the sex yet. (DAMMIT! I want to know now! lol) :lol: It's hard to wait. Doc, says they will do that checkup for my 18/20 week appointment! Thats another 2 months! Yikes...so I will definitely keep you guys posted. I've always felt like I was going to have a girl first - so I always call the baby a girl, but you never know! :finger: Either way, we will be soo happy! Then I can start buying things!
:mrgreen: Guess I just have to be patient and hope the baby shows off it's "stuff" when the time comes! (I say that because I never showed my "stuff" until I was born! I hid each time - hopefully the baby doesn't take after me! lol)

Hehe. Sorry for the long updates, Aunties, but just want to fill you in! :loves

Love of love to you all,
Kenge ( & "nubba") LUV2
Thalia
Busy Bee

Post by Thalia »

Hello! I am really happy for you Kendra my mum didnt want to know the sex of me and when I born my colar bone broke OWWW! Image but i only cry when i was on the left side.
I am happy because i chat to all my old friends on facebook and my mum says its good for spelling but my friends write bad....hw r u? like that! :roll: i'm not alowed! :lol:

Have a happy day evryone :roll :love mama says :hithere

Love Thalia
I love animals Image Image
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hi Thalia!
Thank you, sweetie! I am very happy! Your mom must have lots of patience - I can't imagine waiting until the baby is born to know the sex. Waiting another 2 months is already so hard! hehe :lol:

Oww, a broken collar bone! That's definitely no fun at all. Poor baby. :(

It's great that you get to talk to your friends on Facebook. That's how I get to catch up with a lot of my friends, too. And your mom is definitely right about the spelling. :D But we already know she's a smart lady ;) My younger sister has been begging for a MySpace or Facebook since her friends also have it. She'll be 13 this summer, so maybe we'll see...and of course I'll make sure she is my friend so I can spy on her! hehehehe ;)

Please say :hithere back to mama for me!

Have a great day, Thalia! :sunflower:

Love,
Kendra
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone! :hithere

Food and beverages have always been a big discussion topic on this thread, so here's my latest "unusual food" story: Ron and I went in together on a heavy-duty blender this past Christmas in the hopes of being able to more easily make more raw foods- it's funny - we've been wanting and trying to eat more raw foods for months, but in practice, whenever we start getting busy, we end up relying more on grains and such, and the veggies, with all the needed chopping, unfortunately seem to be the first thing to go! :roll: We've at least been in the habit of making fruit smoothies for breakfast every morning for several months now, but finally, I was recently looking through the recipe book that came with the blender, and found recipes for "green" smoothies that incorporate various vegetables into the smoothies along with fruits. We tried a smoothie this morning for the first time that had spinach, carrots and broccoli in it in addition to fruit. :shock: We were frankly kind of afraid to try it since it sounds pretty weird, but, much to our relief, it actually tasted quite good! :lol: So I'm now really excited about this easy new way for us to sneak more veggies into our diet, and look forward to trying more of the different "green smoothie" recipes in the book! :colors:

(Oh how cool - just as I was typing this into Notepad on my computer, which I often do before I cut and paste it into the forum to submit (to avoid those frustrating moments we've all had of typing some big long message then accidentally losing it!), I glanced at my computer's clock and it was 11:11pm! Yay! :cheers:
Petra, regarding Sandy's claim that her own blog would be boring, wrote:I don't agree Sandy! I do believe everyone has a great tale to tell. Your experiences as a teacher would be a brilliant part of the book, also while you worked in a pet store. Not to mention your move to THE OTHER SIDE OF THE PLANET!! I for one, would read and relish every word!
Petra, I totally agree! Sandy, All that stuff Pet said, that would all be very interesting to me as well, and not to mention your relationships with the Midwayers (Matthew for example), and the details of your interactions with them. In fact, I always find whatever you say interesting!

Sandy, thanks a bunch for your comments about our art progress! I do remember all the posts I wrote about making a business of doing art, and about the ups and downs with that first gallery! We've subsequently had a few more ups and downs along the way too, but I think the effect each time has been primarily to "shake out" and expose whatever we're still needing to work on in order to get ever more into alignment with the process going smoothly. Fortunately, we're currently in a smooth phase (yay! :cheers: ), and in the best position we've ever been in to date to succeed, so we're just keeping on keeping on! :colors:

I love it that we have kept this precious thread going all this time, and it is indeed like a time capsule, and a book in itself! Yay! :colors: I've missed not being in more contact with this group the past few months, and so glad to be back and to see everyone gathering here once again! :colors: :colors: :colors: (Can you tell, this "colors" one is my favorite smilie? :lol: )

Nicola, it's great to see again! And how interesting to hear that you're an actress - as I recall, you certainly have the good looks for it! I've still been lacking application too when it applies to meditation. A few months ago, I finally just started with a very simple sitting-still kind of meditation, with no particular goal, for 20 minutes a day, in order to reduce my resistance, and that was beginning to work, but then I got all busy again and totally out of the habit :roll: , so that's one thing I definitely want to get back into again now that things are finally seeming to settle down again for a phase. No problem with "gabbling" either -- that's what this thread is all about! :D

Pet - I find that I've been liking warm colors like yellow a lot lately too! We have some fake sunflowers in a vase on top of one of our bookshelves that look exactly like the ones in your picture! :D :sunflower:

Kenge - How wonderful to hear about "nubbs!" I remember my mom once telling a story about how they thought my sister was going to be a boy all the way up until she was born, and our great grandmother had knitted her a blue blanket with that in mind, but once my sister was actually born a girl, our great grandma ran to the store and bought a little packet of embroidered pink roses and sewed them all over the blanket before presenting the gift! :lol:

Thalia - Hi! Nice to see you! A broken collar bone, ouch! :o I still haven't ever learned how to use facebook yet, but I sometimes get regular emails from friends saying they want to be my friends on facebook! It's become so popular now that I'm thinking maybe I should join it one day! :D

Much love to all LUV2 ,
Aqua Deb
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good day lovely family, :hithere

I'm getting a rather slow start today. keep thinking I should be cleaning our little flat but I think maybe can put it off one more day... :roll:

First of all I have a question for Nicola...well a couple questions...How are you feeling, sis? Still on the mend and were you able to get to your recall commercial interview? You know, I don't think you mentioned that you were an actress before :scratch: ... well isn't that a facinating profession! How did you get interested in acting, sis?... I was always a good little actress myself as a kid. Can you imagine a chubby little 9 year old (me) organizing a neigborhood backyard program complete with skits, ( a reinactment of Bonnie and Clyde whose grand finalie was a get away scene on go tricycles :roll: (That movie was popular way back then) We also had animal acts...when the neigborhood dogs could be roused from their afternoon nap, high wire acts on our gym set and even dancing girls on a tight rope...(Our see saw board. ) We even sold refreshments and programs....Oh what fun!! :bana: Our parents were very supportive, my dad built a costume changing area and the moms of course provided much of the popular and best selling baked goods. At the end of the day I think we had maybe twelve dollars in change that went to the local animal shelter. But the older I got the more shy and reserved I became...so it was sheer torture to stand up in front of a group and give a speech or something of that nature. :shock:

You know I struggle too sometimes with meditation but I read something this morning in Christ in Tibet that really hit home with me....let me see here it is...please bear with my faulty typing...
"I started the outcropping of my mind, watching, observing what was rising to the surface impersonally. It was not long before I grasped, "That which the mind is made up of is not the Truth."

Eventually there was a silence, not a silence that I was accustomed to, but a silence that came from a mind that was freed from conflicting ideas and images. And in that silence I experienced a sense of Reality. In that moment was Eternity, and all the power and glory of Its expression was Now.

If I could only hold this tremendous source of wisdom, love and power! But then I started thinking and I lost it.

I tried to recapture the moment but it was gone, it was now an experience, a memory, the moment that was past was no more. Yet I did not realize that in that moment was the Eternal, and to live free from moment to moment was the Living Truth, the Oneness of all things was Now. There was no beginning and no ending. When I realized this I was no longer in separation. I was one with all, the Creator and His Creation became one with me.

Words cannot explain or reveal this state of Being, it was mine now and forever, and I was satisfied the search was over, and now I could go no further.I know nothing outside myself could reveal It, I had to realize It for myself."
This passage from the book reminded me of something I had written in my journal a couple years ago and I went scrambling for the passage. It came from a dream I had experienced. One where I felt like I was being taught in some far distant classroom and the Teacher said something that sounded to my waking ears a bit trivial. "Truth is Now. Now is Truth." But when I read this passage it makes some fuzzy kind of sense.

God isn't this huge impenetrable Something that we can only reach in simblance of perfected worship and meditation. He/She is a living present within us, each and every one of us and in everything in this fabulous universe both seen and unseen. To feel this Oneness with God and all things, we need only take up our rightful place as beloved children and say.."Hey good morning God...how about these brownies I just baked?..don't they smell good?" ... or... "I am having a little trouble managing my schedule today do you have any suggestions?"... "My, those are beautiful flowers..How's you do that? It is walking and talking with Him/Her and accepting the fact that our Eternal Parent wants to be about every part of our day and our being...The strength and peace we receive, the love we share isn't a once a day or once a week thing it is always there. Just turn your thoughts and see... Allow yourself to believe and let go of this false idea of separation... I think that is a lesson Wingzie tried to get across to me before she died. For her to function in the situation she found herself in the past few years, she made this fabulous discovery. To truly let go... simply let go of the worry over bills and the functions of daily living... even something we all take for granted, like breathing. Allow the God who loves us...really and truly loves us through and through... to take a shot at it and watch as things fall into place! Sadly though, words are words and it is the realization where there is the power. This moment is a beautiful thing. I feel my own breath that I take for granted, slowly filling my lungs and I am grateful for this moment and the love I see and feel around me, both human and celestial... You all are such a huge part of that Love. I have told you this before but I tell you again I am so grateful for each and every one of you who share your love and strengths and joys and oh a billion different things with me and the others on the board every day! You are my family always and forever ...children of God.

Okay sorry about that...I get so emotional sometime... LUV2

Just want to say hello to all of you quickly before you drift off to sleep after that blast of longwinded hot air... ;)

Petra, How are you doing this day? I loved the sunflowers! :sunflower: They really make the room glow! I can't see sunflowers without thinking about Vincent Van Gogh and that famous vase of sunflowers he imortalized in his gorgeous painting. You've been in my thoughts, sis...been trying to send you some love in between visiters here at the flat. :love

And a big hello to Thalia too! :hithere ....It always makes me smile to see you on the board, sweetie. Well isn't it great that you get to speak with your old friends on facebook now. That is something I have yet to do. have an account , made mostly just to see your mom's photos a long time but never got around to developing it. I just never seem to allow enough time for that kind of thing.
Well not many people can say they broke their collar bone the first day of their life :shock: ... Hopefully though, because of that long ago break, it has knitted back even stronger then it was before and you will be less likely to break it in the future. :finger:

Kenge, I thought your avatar looked like a sonagram!!! Thanks for confirming it! Cool, Cool, Cool!!!!! :bana: Nubbs is a great nickname! :lol: And what a great story to tell little him or little her when you recount in later years this blessed time of motherhood discovery! And all us Aunties are so fortunate to be able to share this time with you as well. We are so blessed Kenge. Thank you! :kiss:

Aquadeb, as always Sis, it was a pleasure to read you posts. :D I had to chuckle at you thinking I should write a bit about my relationship with Midwayer Mathew. He did something that made me roll in the floor a couple weeks ago but I'll wait till another post to tell you about it as this is getting way too long already...I think I mentioned it to Pet the other day...but so many times I forget what I've said and what I haven't .. Still I guess the greatest blessing is his love and companionship. Gosh, it always boils down to that four letter word doesn't it. Anyway, I'm glad you are in a smooth phase right now... It will be interesting to see how your art business mushrooms and grows... Oh speaking of art did you see Theocles, (Paul's) latest sculpture. It is beyond words! :happy

Well I am off for a cup of tea ... May make PP's favorite apple cake in a bit. Me thinks the landlord may pay us a visit afterwhile. (My oven mitt is beginning to ache... :lol: oh that was terrible! sorry! :oops: )

Love to all of you...you know who you are... :colors: (hint: children of God)
{{{{{EVERYBODY}}}}}}
:loves
Sandy
midix
Busy Bee

Post by midix »

Back to the original topic - finally I saw this movie Secret. :)

The idea is great, I know it works,I notice when something happens not because I wanted to, but because I intended to have it happen. I just haven't tried to control it :(

The only thing I did not like about the movie - the style. It looks like and sounds like too much a commercial: "Hey, try the Secret, it is our new product, call us now and get a discount". And the overall attitude is a bit childish - they talk about it many times but when the movie ended, I felt that there was really so little information given. That somehow got completely opposite effect on me, I wanted to react as I do with TV commercials - turn off and forget it sooner. Really, it would be better to have this movie a bit more serious, more scientific. Like the movie "What the bleep do we know - down the rabbit hole", which tried really to explain things that happen or not happen.

Anyway, that is just IMHO. I guess, I have too much analytic and engineer mind - so I always want more information :D
in the middle of everything
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Midix,
The book, The Secret, goes into a little more detail, but another book written by Esther and Jerry Hicks called, 'Ask and It Is Given' goes into the nuts and bolts of the Law of Attraction and offers real life exercises we can do to raise our vibrations a little at a time. The makers of the Secret did what they thought was best at the time. I suspect in hindsight they would love to have another shot at it. But how much info can you squeeze into, at most, a two hour movie? :) It seems the "revelation" is much more complicated then that. Over the past year I have read books written in the early decades of the twentieth century that support the very things the Secret speaks of. This knowledge was being passed on by Tibetian Masters who have long surpased their religious belief vehicle. There is so much knowledge out there... "in there" too, as the greatest Source of knowledge resides within. For me, sometimes,it is the "accessing" inner knowledge that can be a bit of a quandary. :roll: :D
Love,
Sandy
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

I just spent 45 mins writing a post only for it to just disappear. Bloody computers!!!!! Sigh :duh

Oh well, I'll try and re write it tomorrow, Beth awake now, so no chance.....

Love nicola xxx
Nicolaco
Old Friend

Post by Nicolaco »

Ok I'm gonna try again......

Sandy thank you for your wonderful words of wisdom, you are absolutely right of course. God bless this place where I can come for such warmth and love, it's hard to believe sometimes that we have never 'met', and I look forward to the time when we surely will. You paint a lovely picture of your childhood, I can really imagine you directing that neighbourhood show.
For me I always wanted to act, not sure why, my parents are so not performers, and for so long hoped it was a 'phase' I was going through, (as poor irish immigrants I guess they were hoping I'd be heading for some big money job....alas..not so...!!)

Anyway I guess I just wanted a job that I loved and 'fulfilled' me (who doesn't??), but although I have done some acting jobs over the years I have been proud of, I never really made it in the way I dreamt of. (winning an oscar and marrying River Phoenix!!) BUT I can truly say thank GOD for that!!! Whem I gave birth to Lily my ambition literally evaporated over night, I had found all the fulfillment I needed in being a mother, and I know that showbiz world of fragile egos and insecurity is a terrible breeding ground for unhappiness, despite the glamour and riches. So now Beth is nearly 2 and lIly 4, I decided to 'dip my toe' back in, merely as a way to maybe earn some cash for the family.

I very nearly got the commercial I went for but not nearly enough, shame the money would have definitely been useful, but also it was for Maryland cookies!!! Can you imagine a job where you get paid for stuffing choc chip cookies in your mouth..??.....I did shoot a commercial recently for 'macdonalds', but there were no burgers on set..... what's that about???

Kenge, great to meet you, I look forward to sharing this special time with you, these folks were a wonderful support to me in a tricky pregnancy and birth. The depths of the unconditional love from this board are amazing!

Thalia! Hello!! It's lovely to get to speak to you, I wanted to say thank you for helping me out with the 'red dots' question I had for your mum recently. I had a dream that YOU would have some answers, how cool is that????

Deb, now I've been wanting to try juicing for ages. Do you need an expensive juicer? It sounds an ideal way to get more healthy, as I'm not naturally drawn to 'healthy eating' as my expanding waistline is testament to.

I'm going to sign off before the computer makes this post disappear like the last one.......

Love to you all. Can't wait to chat more in our 'secret' coffee shop.....

Nicola xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Oh ps sandy, I am still in pain from the pleurisy but feeling better in every other respect, so will wait another few days before seeing the doc, as hopefully it will get better all by itself. x
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Nicola,

Oh the same dern thing has happened to me so many times! I keep telling myself to work in word or something where I can periodically save what is written but I get rather lazy and complacent when it hasn't happened in awhile.
I'm sorry to hear that even though you came close, that you missed the slot on the cookie commercial. Awh...a little piece of heaven it would've been that is until they realized your missed cues were because you wanted a few more bits of chocolatey goodness! :lol:

Hey, you just never know what's around the bend though...You may very well get a roll on something absolutely wonderful... It can and very likely will happen as I know I may be prejudiced a bit... being sisters and all...but I am sure you have more talent in your little finger then the actress munching away on "your" Maryland cookie! ;) :lol:

Still praying and hoping your pleursey problems are no more... I have heard lung problems can take awhile to clear up. nasty little things those lung infections. :loves

Love and hugs,
Sandy
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

My dear family....I'm busy moving both my home and our office is moving too. Plus, as you might have read on the Healing request board, I've got some other things going on. I might be absent for another two or three weeks, but PLEASE know that I love you all and will be back chatting real soon. Kenge.....I am so excited about "nubbs"!!! I'm guessing that it's a boy...don't know why....just a guess (but I have a 50/50 chance on that one!)

Love,

Clare :loves
aqualeaf
Family

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Everyone! :hithere

Just wanted to pop in and say hi! I finally started working on my taxes (due April 15th here in the U.S.) and worked on them all day yesterday - I'm having to manually reenter all of last year's financial records I previously had stored in my old computer before it suddenly died in October or November of last year :grrr , so the taxes will take longer this time around as a result. :roll: But at least I have started soon enough that I can still take lots of breaks in between! :D Like today, after a pretty rainy winter, we had maybe the warmest, sunniest day of the season so far, with a high around 70 degrees F (21 degrees C), so we took advantage of it and sat outside on the patio of a nearby coffee shop. I got a white chocolate mocha latte (decaf and fat-free, even - well, except for the whipped cream on top! :lol: ), and read and journaled. :colors:

Sandy, it sounds like you have lots of natural leadership (as shown by your childhood acting story!) beneath the shyness you say you acquired later in life! I really enjoyed your quote from Christ in Tibet - that is definitely the sort of state I would like to be able to get still enough to experience during meditation. Also, your beautiful passage from your journal, and the other words you added to it, what you called a "blast of longwinded hot air," were much more like a beautiful, refreshing summer breeze. Your words brought tears to my eyes, and that is such a beautiful way to think of relating to God too. You definitely SHOULD have a blog -- you have so many beautiful, thoughtful and wise things to say! :happy

So, if/when you have the time and the inclination to tell it, what did Midwayer Matthew do a few weeks ago that made you roll in the floor??? :D

I did go look at Paul's (Theocles') latest sculpture after reading your post - breathtaking, as usual! It's an understatement to say that Paul is one talented artist! :colors:

Midix, I agree with Sandy, the best resource I know of on the Law of Attraction currently is Esther Hicks, who channels a group of non-physical beings collectively known as Abraham. "Ask and It is Given" is channeled material from Abraham, and is extremely helpful, and they have several other books, tapes/CDs and DVD's as well of their workshops, where they talk to the audience about the Law of Attraction, then answer audience members' questions, so one gets to hear many "case studies" of individual people working on applying the Law of Attraction to real issues in their lives, and the pragmatic advice Abraham gives each of them. I know also that Esther and Jerry Hicks, and Abraham, later put out a DVD called "The Secret Behind the Secret," which I haven't yet seen (though I've seen many Abraham-Hicks DVDs and find them so helpful), but if it's anything like their other materials, I'm sure it would be interesting and enlightening.

Nicola, I hope the pleurisy gets totally better on its own! Regarding juicing, I don't think you absolutely need an expensive juicer, though I think the more expensive juicers tend to juice things more thoroughly and the motor runs at a lower temperature so that none of the enzymes in the juice are destroyed in the process. However, juicing with any juicer is bound to be a good thing, and there are still bound to be plenty of enzymes left intact with any juicer, I'd think! Ron and I have unfortunately not been naturally drawn to eating lots of raw fruits and veggies either throughout much of our lives :roll: , so we've had to kind of teach ourselves to like more healthy food in recent years -- and we've been finding that it does "grow on you," so to speak. :lol:

We've also been making it more fun by growing herbs in our kitchen using this cool contraption we were given for Christmas, called an "AeroGarden," which grows seeds with just water and no soil -- you can set it to the particular kinds of seeds you're growing and it comes with grow lights that it automatically turns off and on for the right amounts of time each day for the particular types of seeds -- we don't have to do anything except add water and little nutrient tablets whenver a light comes on that tells us to (which is a good thing, given my normal luck with growing plants! :roll: :lol: ). It's really an ideal growing environment -- the basil in particular is just going nuts :shock: , so we've been putting it into lots of salads and smoothies (and there's even a recipe for basil lemonade that I'd like to try), and we can hardly eat enough of it to use it up before it grows right back again! We also recently started growing some spicy sprouts and microgreens (the spicier sprouts, like radish and broccoli, we've found to be much more fun to eat than only the standard clover and alfalfa sprouts, which don't have near as much flavor), that we got from a San Franciso-based company that specializes in unique and interesting combinations of sprout seeds and has a huge selection. It's added a lot of variety that's made it a lot more fun for us to "be sure to eat our vegetables!" :lol: Ron and I have both had the "expanding waistline" problem ourselves ever since we overdid it on the Christmas feasting -- funny how it seems to take so much more effort to lose the weight than it did to originally put it on! :roll: :lol: I keep trying to get into a regular exercise routine again too (which I'd managed to keep up for several months last year before I got so busy) to help with that, but so far haven't fully succeeded!

Clare, it really sounds like you have a lot going on at once! I'm sending my positive thoughts and prayers for you, your brother and your family. Moving one's home is already a huge task in itself :shock: (I was so exhausted when we moved a couple years back, and am so glad we haven't yet moved again since then -- for a while there we were moving every year!) -- and moving your office too at the same time -- it sounds like a really huge transitional phase! Best of luck, and we look forward to seeing you back on the boards again when you have the time! :D

Kenge, when reading through people's posts just now, I got the image of "Nubbs" as an adult writing her/his biography, and telling the story of how (s)he got that nickname! :lol:

Well, okay, back to art and taxes (such an odd combination! :lol: ) -- it's so good to be in contact with you all again! :happy

Love, Hugs and Abundant Blessings to All LUV2,

AquaDeb