Religions and 1111 how are we balancing the two?

Use this forum to ask or post about 11:11, 12:34, 2:22, 22:22 etc. The wake-up digital clock signals of our loving celestial friends. They also delight in flicking on or off street lights, traffic lights and ringing door bells.
roxiedog13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Religions and 1111 how are we balancing the two?

Post by roxiedog13 »

ashbernie311 wrote:That would make you Agnostic then :P I think myself, and many others are in the same position :hithere
-Lol I guesss I never really thought of it that way I suppose I am. Though I am 100% certain there IS a higher source/place we all come from. So I'm not sure if that still qualifies me as one? BTW nice to meet you. :)

Oh, and just so everyone knows, God is a woman. My then three year old, now twenty year old son told me
this just after recovering from a two month coma . He said to me, "God told him that he would come back
and SHE also said that he would be ok." So, to all you guys out there, if there is a Hell..... :shock: :shock:
^This made me chuckle...to all you guys lmao![/quote]

Hi ash,
:hithere I didn't see your comments there. I've been lurking , absorbing since November. I've
seen your posts from time to time. I'm still trying to get a handle on everything, I'm thinking it will
take a little time for me. Anyway, will be seeing you around here a bit more I expect. Time to strap
on the skis and go for a 20K run. It's a beautiful sunny winter day out there and will now have to take
advantage of that :bana:

Have a great day!

Robert
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Shortly after posting my original post to this thread, I was doing a search on an unrelated subject in the U Book. I ran into its discussion on the role of church and religion. I like church, love it on some Sundays. I don't go every Sunday and usually feel guilt because of it. Last night, I kept getting this feeling that I would not go today. My mind tried to come up with excuses as to why I didn't have to go. I was not comfortable with this. Yet, I knew that I would not get up the will to go and couldn't figure out why. The U Book is very encouraging regarding the role of religion and church in the development of spirituality on this here planet.

Then, this morning, I woke up in time to go and laid back down going back to sleep. I woke up again a half an hour later, looked at the clock and realized that, with daylight savings time starting here today, it was far too late to make it to church. I closed my eyes and told God that I was sorry. An image of myself (I was much younger in this image) popped into my mind of me in church. Light surrounded my head, and I was holding out my hand and smiling at one of the other church members. Then, the knowledge that it isn't just what I get out of church that is important. It is what I bring, as a lightworker, to the membership, the worshipping, the overall pulling of the Spirit into the sanctuary, that is important. We are bringers of the Light.

What astounded me about this, isn't just that I came to understand something that is pretty fundamental regarding my job here; but, also that I learned it by doing something that I thought would be a dissappointment to God. I can't put into words what this tells me regarding life in general. But, I am going to TRY to stop feeling like such an huge failure.
Lola
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

LolaandLight wrote:Shortly after posting my original post to this thread, I was doing a search on an unrelated subject in the U Book. I ran into its discussion on the role of church and religion. I like church, love it on some Sundays. I don't go every Sunday and usually feel guilt because of it. Last night, I kept getting this feeling that I would not go today. My mind tried to come up with excuses as to why I didn't have to go. I was not comfortable with this. Yet, I knew that I would not get up the will to go and couldn't figure out why. The U Book is very encouraging regarding the role of religion and church in the development of spirituality on this here planet.

Then, this morning, I woke up in time to go and laid back down going back to sleep. I woke up again a half an hour later, looked at the clock and realized that, with daylight savings time starting here today, it was far too late to make it to church. I closed my eyes and told God that I was sorry. An image of myself (I was much younger in this image) popped into my mind of me in church. Light surrounded my head, and I was holding out my hand and smiling at one of the other church members. Then, the knowledge that it isn't just what I get out of church that is important. It is what I bring, as a lightworker, to the membership, the worshipping, the overall pulling of the Spirit into the sanctuary, that is important. We are bringers of the Light.

What astounded me about this, isn't just that I came to understand something that is pretty fundamental regarding my job here; but, also that I learned it by doing something that I thought would be a dissappointment to God. I can't put into words what this tells me regarding life in general. But, I am going to TRY to stop feeling like such an huge failure.
Guilt is a big issue with some churches. A good friend and former Devout Catholic stopped going because of this. He
was telling me that in the middle of his divorce he was attending mass with his four children. The Priest gave a scathing
sermon about divorce that made him feel extremely guilty . He said, " I've grow up with this Catholic guilt and will not put my children through that." He does believe in God though, just not in the church.
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

I am the producer of my guilt, not the church. The Bible says that the fellowship gained at church is important. The U Book says something similar. So, if I am not living up to it, I am going to feel guilty. But, from yesterday, I came to understand that I am there for the others as well as wanting them, and the church in general, to meet my needs. Our minister is not one to make folks feel guilty. His sermons are more along the lines of helping us to apply the words written in the Bible to our own lives. Every church is different. If he does start up with the "man is dead in sin" Methodist view, I just close my heart off from it and lower my head and tell God that I know this is not true; but, as He well knows, it was the best the folks that came up with it could produce in terms of understanding at the time. Gladly, the Minister seldom says anything of this nature.

I attend an AME church. That is African Methodist Episcopal. The church dates back to 1816. It is Methodist in teaching and Episcopal in governance. It was formed as a protest against slavery and discrimination in the churches of the day. It is not a church just for African Americans. In fact, there are some White members in my church. Its motto is "God Our Father, Christ Our Redeemer, Holy Spirit Our Comforter, Humankind Our Family". Anyway, it isn't a fire and brimstone type of church and the proceedings are, unlike the sterotype of a Black church, pretty quiet and understated. Not that shouting and that type of thing are wrong. It founders frowned upon it. So, they just don't ususally happen in an AME church. My grandfather, and his father, were AME Ministers. Bet you didn't think you would get a history lesson today. :D
Lola
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

I hope that I did not come across in my last post as going all fundamentalist on you guys. I just wanted to communicate that church has a place in my life and why. We all have our own paths to which we feel a need to remain true. I do not think anyone should ever, ever follow a path that another has pushed them to follow. Nothing is gained from that for anyone. I even question the work of missionairies to some extent for this reason.
Lola
roxiedog13
Family

Post by roxiedog13 »

LolaandLight wrote:I hope that I did not come across in my last post as going all fundamentalist on you guys. I just wanted to communicate that church has a place in my life and why. We all have our own paths to which we feel a need to remain true. I do not think anyone should ever, ever follow a path that another has pushed them to follow. Nothing is gained from that for anyone. I even question the work of missionairies to some extent for this reason.
That's it, I'm outta here :bike:

Lola, really, no problem, I'm just kidding :lol:

I never had any guilty feelings from attending our church either. In fact, it was always a very pleasant experience.
I was just giving an example of one that, in my opinion , is not doing any justice to their faith . Everyone of us
has to walk their own path, whatever that is . My only rule of thumb is that other people treat me with respect and
dignity for what I am. We are all equal on this planet, but unfortunately there are those who think they are superior
because of their various socio-economic positions. That , I do have a problem with. If going to church makes you feel
good then, definitely do go. As we say here," what ever floats your boat." ;)