Discussions of spiritual books
stones
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by stones »

Jem7vwh, I would say continue to open up your heart and then sit back and
enjoy the ride :bike:
To Love God, Listen for God in the Moment.
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

Thank you all :D
"There's no end to the bottom when we start to fall. There's no top to the high when we want to climb." - Vai
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Pennysense,
For all my life I believed that there was an Archangel Michael and now I'm also finding out that he might have never been an Archangel at all, this has confused me as well, but like I said before it doesn't really matter, but what does matter is what you truly believe in your heart.
I guess it's easy to get confused by this thread.

1) We know that there is a Jesus, and we understand that "Jesus" was really Michael, a Creator Son. "God" in the sense that he created this universe we have, but not "God" in the sense that he himself was created. I do not think he likes to be prayed to, or worshipped, but each to his own.

2) These was and is an Archangel Michael. But as far as we are concerned, that is a different entity to Christ Michael.

3) Many cases of folks believing they are dealing with Arch Michael are simply cases of them dealing with Christ Michael.

Much love.
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Geoff,
Okay! So there is a Archangel Michael! And there is a Christ Michael! And who is it that doesn't like being prayed to? Boy, am I confused probably now more then Jem7vwh. Everytime I think I know something, there it goes out the window. Can you please explain this a little more thoroughly. So Christ Michael being "God", right, as creator of the universe? Okay I get & understand that, but not "God" in the sense that he himself was created? Okay that confuses me, and why wouldn't he want to be prayed to. Oh help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So who is it that has helped me so many times with my problems, Christ Michael or Archangel Michael, as you put it probably Christ Michael. That sounds likely to me, so what would be the purpose of Archangel Michael.
I know your trying to help me, but the most confusing to me is the comment about, "I do not think he likes to be prayed to, or worshipped, but each to his own." Sorry!

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Pennysense,
And who is it that doesn't like being prayed to
There is a difference, albeit subtle, between worship, and talking to a celestial. In my opinion, Jesus does not want to be worshipped. Read this Jesus deplores worship But, how do the other Celestials relate to Christ Michael? They adore him. But do they worship him?

But, in the other hand, it does not make a great deal of difference. I gather that some things Father handles Himself, and the bulk of requests get divvied out. Not sure of the system, but that's what we will be doing, in the enernity ahead.

It makes no difference who helped you, and the beings themselves seek no glory, only to do Father's Will. And His Will is that all His children are cared for.

Much love,
Geoff.
stones
Busy Bee

Post by stones »

Geoff, would you say that all our prayers should be directly addressed to the Father?

I may have missed something here but this has always been a question for me.
Although, I have always been inclined to pray directly to Father and was raised to do
so but end prayers in Jesus's name.
I know that I am heard no matter what mode I choose or whether I include
Jesus's name or not but have wondered in the past if there really is a more accurate
way of prayer.
Pennysense
Old Friend

Post by Pennysense »

Hi Stones!
The last post from Geoff to me has a link to Geoff's website. This will give you some answers to your questions, but I'm sure Geoff will tell you more. Right now as I write this I am reading his website. Very interesting, and I've also printed out the prayer that is recommended. Its a journey over a period of time, and he says it works.
I will start my journey tonight, and let all know when my time comes. Hope this helps, because I am way confused about this all, more then I've been in a long time. Good luck Stones!

Love Pennysense
On my spiritual path...
stones
Busy Bee

Post by stones »

Thank You Pennysense... and it is a very interesting journey that keeps me on
my spiritual toes :)

God bless you.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Pennysense,
Geoff, would you say that all our prayers should be directly addressed to the Father?
Technically, but don't lose ANY sleep over it. The Universe is not bothered, as long as we are trying our best. And they still end up where they need to be. Father knows we are confused, afterall He knows all. And He's not bothered.

But the whole issue of prayer is misunderstood. For that, I suggest you read the Urantia Book. Maybe someone will quote the link. It's excellent. Those of us with a "christian" upbringing have no idea how to pray. We think its all about "praise" or "asking for stuff". He already knows what you need, and there is no praise we can give Him that has any value. What we can give Him, that is of inestimable value, is our LOVE, freely given.

Much love.
Geoff.
Jem7vwh
New Friend

Post by Jem7vwh »

I whould have to agree with that.
When I was just a child, I remember thanking my parents for making dinner. My father told me "you don't have to thank us for dinner, just eating it is thanks enough for us".

it's possible that the same goes for prayer?
"There's no end to the bottom when we start to fall. There's no top to the high when we want to climb." - Vai
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Jem,
it's possible that the same goes for prayer?
My understanding is that just making the effort to "be" with Father, or whoever you recognise as your deity, is enough. Attending, in slience, to LISTEN, is enough.

Even better, is offering your love, and FEELING His in return.

Much love,
Geoff.
zodiacinwhite
New Friend

Post by zodiacinwhite »

I have the U-Book but havent read the entire thing yet. It's a lot to take in, and I was wondering where do they get all this information on Jesus?
"Fusion of the Five Elements to search for the Higher Intelligence, the Most Benevolent King, communicating though your dreams. Mental pictures been painted, Allah's heard and seen everywhere. Understanding makes my truth crystal clear..."
Skye
New Friend

Post by Skye »

My downtown library actually has the U-book.

In fact it literally jumped out at me last weekend..but I already has 3 other books checked out, so I'm going to look for it this weekend..although it'll probably take me a year to read it!

Need a course on speed reading!
"Synchronicity Is God's Handwriting" ~ Marianne Williamson
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Zodiac,
It's a lot to take in, and I was wondering where do they get all this information on Jesus?
Well the Urantia book is what is called a chanelled book. "They" got their information from celestials. The same way that the messages on this site are received. However there is a lot of mystery about that very aspect of the Ubook, that I won't go into. Suffice it to say, there are records of every minute of Jesus' time here. A friend of mine also received a very large amount of info about Jesus' childhood and growing up.

Much love,
Geoff.
~*Star_Struck*~
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

i am so eagerly awaiting the arrival of the urantia book! :D

where would you recommend i start?
Alexander
Busy Bee

Post by Alexander »

Hello ~*Star_Struck*~!

I think most of the people begin with Part 4 which talks about the life and mission of Jesus.Personally, I read the first three parts with no particular order and when I completed them I moved on to the fourth part.All of them are equally interesting, but I believe that the first part is the most difficult and I wouldn't recomend you to read that first.

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Star,

That is such a tough question. I would suggest if a section does not interest you, or seems too hard to follow, give it a miss. I loved the first 150 pages, and have only recently read most of the life of Jesus. I have problems with that part of the book, which I won't cover here.

love,
Geoff.
Earth Angel
Busy Bee

Post by Earth Angel »

Hi Star.
I read mine from start to finish then read the 4th part again. I then skipped around for my second reading and I'm now starting at the beginning again. I cried a lot on the 4th part because, even though some of the stuff wasn't in line from The Spiritual Journey that I'm also studying, I felt all the love that Jesus gave to the people and the respect He had for man with all of their troubles and doubts. I try everyday to talk to whomever is in my path no matter what they look like or where they've been.

On another note, I have this way of understanding any and all foreigners. In the past couple of weeks, I've had people from other parts of the world ask for directions or even say hi. I was at a stop light with my windows down and one person hollered over and asked how my day was. We had a great 1 minute conversation! It was my highlight of the day. :D

Love and hugs,
Barb
Treat a man as he is, and he will remain as he is. Treat a man as he could be, and he will become what he should be.
Daddy - O
Family

Post by Daddy - O »

Hi Star,

I particularly enjoy the papers that talk about our cousins (midwayers); you can find them in papers #77, #38 and some other places. The papers about our T/A (Thought Adjusters) are wonderful. I recommend just breezing through the table of contents and when you find a topic that catches your eye -- then dive right in.

love,
Daddy - O
Those who master their own spirit - are mightier than those who conquer a city.
Alexander
Busy Bee

Post by Alexander »

Hello Daddy - O!

The papers about Thought Adjusters are wonderful, indeed.The paper that talks about planets settled in light and life (I think it is number 55) is one of my favourite.It makes me dream and think how our planet will be with the completion of Monjoronson's mission... :happy

Love,
Alexander
It is literally true, "melody has power a whole world to transform." Forever, music will remain the universal language of men, angels, and spirits. Harmony is the speech of Havona.
- UB, Paper 44, 1.The Celestial Musicians
abdhi
New Friend

Post by abdhi »

I have recently been reading about the life of Jesus in Part IV of the Urantia Book. What struck me was the way Jesus made taking care of his family his first priority and that he didn't leave his family to bring his message to the world until he knew his family was being looked after by his siblings.

This led me to relect on my own life. I am home full time with my three sons ages 5, 10, and 11. Sometimes I forget the importance of raising my family. That doing this alone, makes my life useful and important. I hopefully will have time for other things later, but if not, I will still have been useful. My growing connection to God will help me be a better mother and citizen of Urantia.

With love...abdhi
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Abdi,
What struck me was the way Jesus made taking care of his family
You will notice Jesus always had time for people. Nothing was more important than a real person with a problem. Something we do tend to forget in our busy lives, full of meaningless action.

love,
Geoff.
~*Star_Struck*~

Post by ~*Star_Struck*~ »

hi guys <3

i have been poring over my UB lately (hence my not being around) :D
i've been reading about the Local Universe, and i'm kind of skipping around at the moment.

some of the language is hard to understand, but my trusty highlighter pen is helpful, and i'm learning to extract the most from it (i hope)

i'm enjoying reading it.
abdhi
New Friend

Post by abdhi »

Hey Star Struck!

Good to hear from you! I'm glad you're enjoying the Urantia Book. I have jumped around in the book myself and at times found the detail overwhelming. Overall I've enjoyed it and have found that although the information was very new and foreign to me, it resounded with truth. I think that's what people hear mean when they say their "truth bells were ringing"!!!!

With love...abdhi
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

~*Star_Struck*~ wrote:hi guys <3

i have been poring over my UB lately (hence my not being around) :D
i've been reading about the Local Universe, and i'm kind of skipping around at the moment.

some of the language is hard to understand, but my trusty highlighter pen is helpful, and i'm learning to extract the most from it (i hope)

i'm enjoying reading it.
Dear Star,

Great to hear. Boy you were up late, almost George's territory.

love,
Geoff.