Discussions of spiritual books
andrew
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Seth Material

Post by andrew »

Hello Forum,

Has any one ever read a book titled THE SETH MATERIAL BY JANE ROBERTS and any thoughts to how it was understood.

Andrew
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: The Seth Material

Post by Geoff »

Hi Andrew,

I haven't seen a book of that title, but I have two of her books. Tried to read them, but found at a deep soul level I did not like them. That is pretty much all I can say. Other than the fact that I cannot see any logic to a free will creature (me) having a number of simultaneous material experiences. Because one of those free will creatures is going to be "better" than the rest, and its possible one or more may be really bad. So how do you assimilate one being out of that mixture? So I can't see any reason that a Creator would in essence ignore the sequential aspect of time, that is its real facility to teach. As it is, I do not believe in reincarnation, and I can't see that Seth's ideas have any more value, frankly.

love,
Geoff.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
andrew
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by andrew »

Hi Geoff,

Believing in reincarnation geoff well it has been proven that some have lived before and as any book The Seth Material as I understand it is purely a spirit channelling information through the human concept proving there is life after life and it travelled down the scientific route of jane Roberts proving that was she through her on concousness making up the story or was it actualy spirit that she was channelling? as any book we read it is up to us to believe what what can use and need for our own development.
And purely how our own thoughts have energy and how it creates our own world.
The book in question was her first but it is very interesting to read as it purely explains in detail how are own thoughts create our own reality.
As we live in a time where negativity plays a big role in peoples live by the way we are taught to live.............
Another book I have read its title Private Dowd auther Wellesley Tudor Pole, expalins that there is life after life told through the eyes of a guy who died in the first world war and tells his story how when it is our time to what level we go in the spirit world by how we act and do kindness on the earth plane.

Andrew
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

andrew wrote:Hi Geoff,

Believing in reincarnation geoff well it has been proven that some have lived before
Hi Andrew,

I do not accept that to be the explanation of what are simply real memories - other dead people's memories. And, as a matter of fact, while the most prolific researcher of this phenomenon (Stevenson) has a very long list of memories that he can prove are true, but he does not make much mention of the things he can't explain. For example the curious case of two children with the same memory recall, as also another child whose "past Life" was alive when he was born, and proved to be a monk, who later communicated that he was trying to reincarnate, and then left. All this ocurred when the young boy fell very ill, and later when he was ill again, the monk left. These things are well understood to be spirit attachments, and it is one way that memories from other beings can be attached, but it is certainly not the only way.

Stevenson himself never claimed that he had proved these to mean reincarnation was true, he merely suggested that was one possible explanation. It is the readers of his book who have turned his "maybe" into "proof"

There are other curious things about the "past life" memories he studied in young children. A very large number were sudden deaths, violent sudden deaths. Exactly the situation that gives rise to astral plane beings, and earth bound spirits. It seems very likely that these were either all attached entities, or entities in close proximity to the child. Another thing he loved was so called birthmarks indicating a past life. Again it has been conclusively proved that attached entities can do this. I think the real pity was that Stevenson was a straight up and down researcher, and thus not a spiritualist, so he had no other frame of reference to look at.

If you are willing to challenge your belief in this illusion, you may like to read a book I wrote. But I find that few are willing to challenge their beliefs to that degree.
andrew wrote:Another book I have read its title Private Dowd auther Wellesley Tudor Pole, expalins that there is life after life told through the eyes of a guy who died in the first world war and tells his story how when it is our time to what level we go in the spirit world by how we act and do kindness on the earth plane.
I have not read that, but its sounds like a description of the Astral Plane, and if so, would be very similar to The Sequel of Gone West.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.