The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hey Lilly,

Just be careful if you want to eat raw beans and peas. The cookbook says that not all raw foodists think it is a good idea to eat raw beans and peas. It goes on to say that some people believe that peas and beans should be cooked to destroy their natural toxins. The book suggests blanching them first in the "raw food sort of way... which is...

To blanch peas: Place them in a 2-cup measure. Bring a pot of water to boil. Remove from heat and set aside for 1-2 minutes. Pour the hot water over the peas to cover. After about 45-60 seconds pour the water off.

To be honest, we used to eat sugar snap beas straight off the vine..Suffered no ill effects. Of course we were very young and I have a cast iron stomach just like may dad. :lol: By beans I am assuming they are talking about green beans...will look into it though just in case.

Last week I tried something new...I made my own living sprouted wheat crackers... It was a lot of fun...I divided the dough into three batches and added curry and ground onion to one...cracked pepper to another and honey...(for my sweet tooth) to the last batch. I was happy with the way it turned out...however Beaver and George weren't impressed and after one bite didn't eat them. :scratch: Oh well, That's okay! More for me! :mrgreen:
Hugs!
Sandy
lilly

Post by lilly »

Sandy,
Thanks for letting me know about the peas...err I could never eat green beans raw... I would probably like your sprouted crackers. George and Beaver should have kept eating their's and may have aquired a taste for them.
I think there is a rat in my ceiling....what a change of subject matter lol Feel awful poisoning the poor thing...any ideas on how to get it to leave willingly.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love lilly xox :bike:
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
aqualeaf
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by aqualeaf »

Hi Dear Friends! LUV2

Sandy and Pet, it's great to hear that you were both thinking of me -- I was thinking of both of you too! It just goes to show you how connected we all are! :D

Wow, it appears that I haven't posted on this thread since December 18th, way back on page 97! :shock: I've gotten busy and distracted with various things of late (more later in this post), and have missed posting here and talking with all of you too! But I have at least been stopping in and reading this thread as often as possible, keeping up behind the scenes with the goings-on. :D

One thing I noticed at one point is that this glorious thread bypassed the "100,000 views" milestone a while back! I've kept meaning to write in and commemorate that by updating that image I created before, when this thread reached 1111 posts, then again when it reached 2222 posts, so I'll do it now:

*~*~*~ THIS THREAD ROCKS! Yay! ~*~*~*

We had a fun Christmas, just me and Ron here at home with a veritable feast that lasted for days! :lol: Our "representative" from the gallery, and her husband, also an artist in the gallery (the new, re-opened one that has now been rid of most of the really negative folks, fortunately! :roll: ) stopped by our place on Christmas Eve on the way to visit her sister and family in Carmel a bit south of here, and picked up our latest set of scarves to take back with them to the gallery. Then her sister ended up buying one of my scarves before they could even make it back to the gallery! :lol: :colors:

I've continued to just "follow my bliss" (as Joseph Campbell said) by making and swapping lots of artist trading cards. I've now made over 100 of them! :shock: You can see the latest ones, if you wish, by viewing them at this link: http://www.aquadeb.com/artgallery.html#atc . The latest ones are way down at the end, so just keep on scrolling down to the end of the ATC section! :lol:

Ron has now gotten interested in making ATCs too, so we've both been making tons of them! :D The latest news is that, spurred on by just the sheer fun of it, as well as the state of the economy, we're now planning to start trying to sell them as ACEOs ("art cards, editions and originals") online, first on eBay as a start. We've now each got the required state seller's permits and city business licenses, and we've ordered a better printer that can make art-quality prints, which should arrive tomorrow (Yay! :colors:), so we'll see what happens! :D

It's been exciting gearing up for this newest endeavor, but it has also stirred up both of our inner resistors quite a bit, so we've been taking all sorts of flower essences, and have had lots of emotional ups and downs of late (mine exacerbated by hormones, of course :roll: ) and a couple little "episodes" of discord here and there. :roll: In fact, I had to wait a couple of nights after you all asked where I've been lately before I was in a good enough space to actually post here, because I was afraid of sounding too negative! :roll: I'm feeling a little better today, at least, and we're really doing some great things here, but growth and change, and dealing with the resistance it can bring up, are not always completely smooth sailing, as we all well know! :roll: :D

Well, I can't possibly catch up on everything everyone's written here this time around :lol:, but here are a few things I wanted to say, at least :D :

Gypsie Deb, so glad to see you posting here, and to hear that you're resting up and healing and drinking wheatgrass! :colors:

PP, wow, sorry to hear of the rough holidays you had this year, with your friend's passing and all the bad weather and everything -- that was a lot to deal with at once! :shock: That's a good idea you mentioned, that I could perhaps streak my hair, either the red part brown (probably with the herbs amla or indigo or a mix) or the brown part red with henna. My hair's about half and half, brown and red, at this point :roll: , and I still haven't done anything with it! :lol:

Brenda, great to see you posting; I've thought of you and wondered how you were doing! :D

Laura, glad you made it back safely from all your travels! :D

Lilly and Pet, I love both of your latest avvies, by the way! :D

Heather, that's so cool that you've been teaching yourself Suzuki violin! I too have always loved the violin. Several years back, I tried learning "old-tyme" and bluegrass fiddle out of the blue, without ever having played it as a kid or anything -- a challenging instrument to learn, but a truly beautiful one. I didn't get that good at it before my whole life completely changed (much for the better in the end! :D) and I had to quit it at the time, and have never gotten back to it again since (but who knows, maybe one day). I loved playing Irish jigs and the like, but the dogs would start barking at me to stop if I played for too long; the screeching was hurting their sensitive ears, poor things! :oops:

Sandy, I've dabbled here and there in raw food from time to time as I get the chance, as I've mentioned on here at times -- Have you heard of the "salad spiralizers," these little hand-held gadgets that can cut some of the harder raw vegetables, like sweet potatoes, etc., into little thin pasta-like strips that make them easy to eat raw? I have had one for like a year now, but haven't used it yet! :roll: :lol: Here's a link to a picture/description: http://www.therawfoodworld.com/product_ ... 1f3c9bf8db . I also have a food dehydrator, which I've only used once so far :roll: , and a juicer (which I've used a fair amount, but only in phases, it seems). I hope to keep looking into it more and more eventually. :D

Well, I'd best get going for now, but I hope to write in again much sooner the next time around! :roll: :colors: For those of you I haven't addressed here by name this time around, I've been thinking of you too and enjoying your posts as well. :happy

Lots of love to all LUV2,
Aqua Deb
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi AquaDeb,
How lovely to see your post :D :D I'm glad you're art is thriving and selling well. You have such a happy vibe about you. Infectious!! I had one of those food spiralizers...carrot looks really cool done with it and so soft.
Thankyou for the compliment on the avvie....just had my hair toned right down. I'm a natural dark ash blonde..but had it lightened too much. It looks much better now.
Have a great week, it really is nice to see your wonderful burst of colour in the banner. lol
Love lilly xoxoxox :lol: :lol: :lol:
lilly

Post by lilly »

:loves ~Have a great day Everyone~ :loves
:flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower: :flower:
Inspired by AquaDeb....lol xoxoxoxoxo :kiss:
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Well hello all you beautiful people,

Been so busy since I got home that I just thought I'd pop in and see what you'all are up to and it seems pretty good thus far. I had not been on this thread for so long I dont even get reminders anymore :( .

Been home for about a month working on taxes, oh yeah can you hear the enthusiasim. I'm trying to get financial things done and put aside so I can move forward on my journey. Sure missing my hubby though not being around him daily pangs my heart :( . He was home for a few days and we really had a great time, with the exception his brother needs heart surgery. I sure could identify with his pain and concern, so I told him that this is between God and Mo and that lets pray his joy for living returns.

I'm soooo ready for spring, I feel like a big bear hibernating when its so cold. I heard that in the US there are 4 areas with a great abundance of work: North Dakota, South Dakota, Wyoming and Nebraska :shock: I certainly know why!! When I was riding with Robert it was so cold it hurt. I loved when one of the representatives were telling how they describe the avg tempature in winter "72" if you dont go outside :lol: :lol: . Can you believe I considered moving to North Dakota, OMG I cant believe I even considered it. I guess it was a good thing I had several trips through that area :wink: .

I really feel like its time for me to move on somewhere, but I dont know where. Its so confusing not knowing where you want to be, so I'll guess we'll just try and find that perfect place. I just hope and pray it has us home together this trucking driving all over is so lonely for us both. I just cant do it for months on in "too confining, too confining" :lol: .

So, glad to see you again and Aqua Deb's beautiful poster for this magnificent thread and just let your hair grow out and cut off the other color, Deb.

Sandy your crackers sounded good.

Lilly, I love the avvie your very beautiful

Gypsie, its so wonderful to see your posts. It sounded glorious watching those beautiful dolphins and just being you.

Pet, you go get um girl, stand up for yourself because thats the way it should be. Gotta to love her. Hey good luck finding that new home, it just sounded so beautiful where you are but you know best.

PP, you are my bestest bud and I always know whats up with you talk to you soon.

Love,
Laura
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Laura,
You are lucky to have pp as a best bud, she's a great person to know. We are all so lucky to have each other.
I'm pretty pleased with myself losing 2.5kg with quite a bit more to go...said no to a huge piece of choc mud cake the other day and had a tiny little sliver which I enjoyed guilt free. :cheers: My clothes were starting to get that tight feeling....lol
It's amazing how paperwork builds up...goodness...I've just bought some plastic sleeves for my studies. I can use the spare ones for my documents which are here, there, and everywhere.
Looks like rain is on the way here, I'm off to a friend's house to meditate...she get's prompts too.
Love lilly xox :love
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Hi Lilly,
Yes, we are fortunate to have such wonderful family on the MB and all around us. Yeah, I'm nearing completion of the paperwork and it will be a great relief. I'm very fortunate to have a good friend in PP. Have fun with your meditation.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

Hi Everybody,

I do check in every so often to read what everyone is up to. I wish I had more time to write. It's a comfort to know you are all there.

Gordon and I were in Phoenix a couple of weeks ago visiting our son and daughter-in-law, Matthew and Emily. (M & Em) We had a wonderful time with them and seeing old friends. (We lived in Phx for 16 yrs)

I'm cleaning house today. Our Urantia Book study group is meeting at our house this Friday. We have a great group. The discussions are always fun and stimulating.

March 14 & 15 I'll be going to Women's retreat for Urantia Book readers. I'm looking forward to making new friends and spiritual growth with other women.

Gotta get back to work now but, know I'm always around even if I don't say much.

Much love,
Your sister,
Sher
Intolerance is Intolerable.

Only those willing to risk going too far can find out how far they can go.
- T.S. Eliot
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Sher,
It feels like a soft warm breeze when you post on the board. Love you too, sis.
lilly xox :hithere
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

Hi Lilly,

Is that your way of saying I'm full of hot air? :wink: Just teasing. :lol:

Sher

- T.S. Eliot
lilly

Post by lilly »

Sher,
:lol: :lol: :lol: Definitely not, you're the opposite.
Love lilly xx
lilly

Post by lilly »

GOOD MORNING! :cheers: COFFEE HOUSE IS OPEN!!!

Just felt like putting the kettle on and making tea and coffee for anyone who feels like a refreshing beverage. Have a wonderful day everyone.
Where is pp??? Love you All.
lilly xox
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:P Hello Lilly,

Well, I'll go for a cup of tea. I've been working on some lessons to find my Soul Purpose very interesting stuff. Almost got my paperwork done and in a month I'm ready to move forward and get out of this stagnant place I've been in for quite sometime. It reminds me of finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

PP, she's been doing all kinds of stuff with ascension, so has her quite busy. I'm sure she'll be dropping in real soon.

It sounds like your having a wonderful Sunday, so am I.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

lilly

Post by lilly »

Laura,
Quite a lot of things are dawning on me about my own behaviour, growing up in a dysfunctional family. I have a strength of spirit which can only be because I have faith in our Creator. Life throws us some real doozies....but we go on and find ourselves enriched all the more once the storm has passed. Sometimes what we think is a hurricane turns out to be nothing of the sort. We are being redirected sometimes and we struggle and try to go against the natural flow, which at the time seems like the right thing to do....Coming to our senses is a process and rather like a work of art in progress. Like one of Vivian's mosaics. I feel very lucky and blessed to be here with all you wonderful lightworkers from around the world. Godbless.
lilly xox :love
lilly

Post by lilly »

Just want to acknowledge my Dad...he passed away in 1995. It's his birthday today. Happy Birthday Dad!!! :kiss: He was always helping others and couldn't help the terrible legacy of alcoholism which destroyed him. I want to only remember the wonderful nature he had when sober and all the kind things he did in his life.....not gone unnoticed by me. I'm sure nobody will mind me posting this here.....Gypsie Deb certainly won't. It's her healing Coffee shop.......lol
Love lilly xox
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Ah Lilly, That was beautiful! I have tears in my eyes, sis. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. They are always worthwhile and inspiring!

Hello and love to Laura, Sher, Aqua Deb, Pet, PP, heather, Gypsie and everybody else I either forgot to name or who is quiety reading this thread.
Been a crazy time for me but I do feel the quiet connection with all of you that helps me feel like both feet are on solid ground when it feels a bit qualmy (Is that a word :lol: ...ah well I just made it a word.)

Sending love and chocolate to all of you! :mrgreen:
XXX Sandy
Aqua Deb...I just have to tell you how good it was to read your wonderful homey post. It is just what this girl needed to hear. I loved it and we have missed you, lady. I think many of us feel a little out of sorts from time to time. As you suggested, it is part of the growing process. But you know, you never have to wait until you feel a certain happy way with us... We love you and your wonderful two toned hair to bits! :kiss:
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Good Morning to all you beautiful lights,

Lilly, I would like to join you in celebrating your father's birthday, HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAD!!!!

I couldn't help but see that you have forgiven him and that is wonderful, especially for you. The last few months I've been working on realizing that forgiving goes way beyond my family boundaries and I find myself 'Blessing the Hearts' of those brave souls that chose such a dark incarnation. It really got easy for me when I realize that it took some to play those roles to challenge the rest of us. I do not advocate darkness, but it exists whether I want it to or not and we are to learn to over come it.

Sandy, its sure good to hear from you and know that just like myself you have some days you struggle with. So many of us feel like once we awaken it will just be roses everyday, but we have much to learn to fulfill our purpose and get those lessons.

Thank you for the chocolate and if anyone would like some coffee or tea, its on me!

Love to all that read this thread and just wanted you all to know that my brother-in-law, Mo came through his surgery this morning with flying colors :cheers: he's now on the road to recovery.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Laura,
Good news about Mo. What a relief!! I'll have a nice flat white please...and some cake if there is any.... :lol:
Sure hope Pet and Phil are feeling ok....the bruising and pain comes out over a couple of days...(((hugs))) for them both. :kiss: KNOK
Love to Everyone in the Coffee shop and on the board.
Give pp my love, thankyou :love
lilly xoxoxoxo
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Lilly, well, you know? We're all all right. I'm sure the healings and prayers speeded up my recovery. The bruise is awful-looking and Phil gets a bit guilty when he clocks it!

After the accident, (I was the only one injured) I wondered for a while why my usual Guide didn't give me a mind verbal as They've done in the past. But then I remembered the previous night. I was very restless and couldn't sleep. Kept jerking awake at *:44. Then I had a nightmare where Phil & I had a car crash in the Volvo. I wondered aloud: should I go to work? But no response. Later, when Phil woke up and I asked him if we should go to work in the afternoon instead, he said: "Hmm, maybe. I have a funny feeling; it's a strange feeling!" Straight after there was a thunder clap and a down pour. Yet we STILL went to work.
Later, we found out that the other driver always drives around the area like a maniac. The green grocer man who sells his food from a van saw us and told everyone it was bound to happen sooner than later.
So, I think the accident had to happen as a strong warning to both Phil and the other chap to drive much more carefully and safely.
You know what? As we drove down again to the docs in the volvo...Phil didn't want to drive, so I had to, wearing a huge thick coat so's the seatbelt didn't dig into the wounds...and we almost had another identical accident but with a monster Jeep! Only, I did a brilliant emergency stop and we just missed each other! (He also was going fast and on the wrong side of the road!) Phil and I just sat staring in disbelief at one another. Till the shock past and it became clear I couldn't drive, even with the coat on!
I looked weird for a bit...one boob bigger than the other and all lumpy too. As the weather is a lot warmer and I'm wearing tshirts again, it looks freaky!

I want to tell you all something but I'm not going to just yet as every time I do this, it falls through. Needless to say I'm feeling good inside and been getting loads and loads of 5's! Don't ask till next Wednesday, hehe!

I've enjoyed reading the Coffee house goss! Can't laugh too hard as it hurts.
Sandy, when I read your cheery PM the other day I was laughing and moaning in pain at the same time...awful! I have to pop 2 hard core painkillers before I can laugh or cough!

So? Is PP all right? I've been thinking about her and wondering how she is? I know you're busy Lynn.

OK, better go! My Love to All you gorgeous simply brilliant Friends...no, Family! It don't get better than this! I might be feeling sore but inside I'm really happy and optimistic and especially when I think of you all.
If you lot knew how I felt before I found this place.... :D Thanks to this place and all you guys on this board I've come a very long way in the right direction. Could never have done it without you.

Here's the url address of the video clip I was on about, not sure if you'll see it, but I thought I'd try anyway.

Scary roads of Corsica And that one's not the even close to the scariest!!!

Love, Pet XXXX
Sher
Busy Bee

Post by Sher »

Petra, I didn't go back to read the whole thread but I take it you were in an accident. I'm so sorry to hear you were injured, I pray not too seriously. I know how life changing that can be. I still deal, on a daily basis, with injuries from a 1995 car wreck. Just keep pushing forward. At times it may be very difficult but I'm sure you can do it. I send my prayers and good vibes.

I came on today to share. I went to a Women's Retreat for Urantia Book readers this past weekend in Santa Cruz. We focused on the Divine Mother Spirit. The love and sisterhood I experienced filled me up. We ate wonderful food, fresh from the garden, drank good wine and shared our lives. It was a blessed time for me and I look forward to the next time.

My love to all here,

Sher

- T.S. Eliot
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi, all!
Wanted to share good news with those of you who might not know. My middle son Dan is engaged to a wonderful girl named Rachel, and... Aleah hasn't had an asthma attack for three weeks!(it's been a very long winter)

Hi, Aqua Deb! You popped into my head also the other day, and hear you are! I too resist posting for fear of sounding too negative... sometimes takes more than a few days! I'll check out your site when I close here.

PP,
Wherever you are, I think of you often.

Laura,
I was estatic to see your avie! As spring approaches I thought of your garden.

Sandy,
I had to laugh, the night I read of your food advice I'd already consumed a large quantity of peas, and suffered the rest of the night for it!

Lilly,
You look positively radiant in your new avvie.

Gypsie,
So happy you are feeling better.

Pet,
You already know how much I love you.

Sher,
I don't think we've met yet, :hithere The retreat sounds wonderful.

That's all for now, love you guys. Gees, it's freezing in here!
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Love to Everyone!!!!!
lilly xox
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Hello Lovlies,

Pet, I hope you heal quickly and so glad your moving forward with it. I will pray for your healing and families safety on those roads. Love you sweetie.

Lilly, got your flat white here but I dont know what that is :lol: :lol: I'm baking some raisin bread you want some?

Kim, wonderful news about Dan and Rachael. When is the wedding? I'm sure Rachael will feel better when spring gets here. Yes, getting ready to do another garden and even larger this time. A few weeks ago I believe I had a visit from your guide, Jim.

Sher, it sounds like you had a wonderful rejuvenating time at the conference, how wonderful for you.

Hello to everyone that I did not mention, sending love to all.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Laura,
I'll take the raisin bread with a big thankyou..lol I've been busy with studies..does my head in a wee bit. Left brain overload...
Pet,
I'm sorry I didn't read this thread properly and hope you are feeling much better now. Seems things come all at once sometimes..the warning did seem clear though..Mmm Those roads look dangerous...please take care. To almost happen again makes you wonder what's going on... :shock: listen to them in future. Love to you and Phil and the gang...
I'm feeling very emotional for some reason.. :cry: Best to let it release..
Love lilly xox :kiss: