The Secret

If you can't find a more relevant forum, use this one!
peacockplume
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by peacockplume »

OMG Pet,, a spider big enough to take on mice and rats?????

oh dear,,,,I couldn't handle it.....either that,,,or I'd never be cooking...

lets hope he doesn't land in your soup one day....

my soup would end up all over the kitchen if that happened......

I don't even want hypnosis to find out why I'm so freaked about spiders,,,

and gypsie has warned me enough about the huge spiders in AU....

I know they all have a right to live,,,,,,just not IN my house...thanks...

I have to agree with you about the sandlewood,,,,it's tied for first place with me,,,along with rosemary....

lavender it hard for me to handle,,,,I think I must be alergic to it abit...since when I smell it,,,it sort of closes off my breathing....choke, choke....

Tannis you need to get chatting with Hampster Mom / Jill,,,,,she loves those crawly things too.....

Bless your hearts your guys,,,,,someone has to love them,,,

I just cant,,,,,well maybe at a great distance...

love and light
pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
I am alive to beauty, to laughter, to wonders within and without.
I am free to live and to enjoy life.
I accept divine presence as the fulfillment of my needs.
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi pp,
My daughter came in from out in the yard today and said "Mum, be careful of spiders" .......eek.... when gardening.. I will be, there is a lot of dead wood I've been getting rid of ever so slowly....they could be in that...... :shock:
My daughter is becoming extremely psychic especially in dreams....she had a dream two weeks ago that her neighbours garage was in flames.......his car was fire bombed this morning.
She has psychics on both sides of the family...a really good psychic I new when she was very small told me that she would be. She doesn't really speak much of it unless she has a dream or senses something very strongly.
Phoenix is running amok up and down the place......Lol...Time for me to turn in and get some sleep.....Last night I had a dream that a doctor was sticking an accupuncture needle in my wrist....telling me I'd be fine. He was wearing a blue sweatshirt, very casual....
I had soup for dinner and checked for big furry spiders, Pet.
Love lilly xxxx
~ If I hurt others in any way I am also hurting myself ~
~ In the welfare of others I will find my own prosperity ~ Yogananda
JemProject
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by JemProject »

Hey everyone

Well I was so inspired and intreguied (if that's how you spell it!) by all this talk of 'The Secret' that I've just gone and ordered the DVD and ebook (even tho I'm supposed to be saving for a holiday atm; I figured this seemed pretty exciting and I trust you guys so I'm gonna say 'To hey with it' and dip into the savings!) Really looking forward to getting the DVD and having a look! :D

Thanks in advance for opening my eyes to this!!

Love

Jem x
Dont let go of the things you believe in

I'll be right there if you ask me to. If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you. And if you're scared I'll hold your hand, like I know you'd do for me too.
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hello Jem, hahaha! Bringing us back to the beginning of this thread? Well, I bought it too, but never finished it. So long as you keep in mind to keep it spiritual and 'all about Love', rather than material things, I say!

I am so starved of good books a.t.m, I oredred some on Amazon.UK, but half of the ones I really wanted could not deliver at my address :( Oh well! I did bring my Urantia Book and one of george's autobiographies

PP, Spiders ROCK! I love them! Didn't always, mind. The kid's taught me how, hehe! I watched Thalia once with fascination as she let a big spider play step-walkies on her fingers, like it was a ladybird!

Love to All, pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
JemProject
Busy Bee

Post by JemProject »

Hi Pet!

Whoops! Didn't mean to bring things back around in a circle like that :oops: I just like it so much on here and it's fun to get involved! I kind of hope I do get through 'The Secret' book - as I don't have a good track record with reading stuff like that right through from start to finish :roll: Lets just say I have a tendancy to get distracted by shiney things from time to time! I have read some spiritually based books right the way through but all it takes is for something I either don't fully understand or that I don't completely agree with for me to lose interest :?

Some folk are widely read; I'm thinly read I think! :lol:

Love Jem x

I'll be right there if you ask me to. If you're feeling sad, I'll stay with you. And if you're scared I'll hold your hand, like I know you'd do for me too.
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Jem wrote:
Whoops! Didn't mean to bring things back around in a circle like that
No no no Jem, it's perfectly fine! Say what you like here lovey!!! Within reason, hahahaha! I didn't mean to be authorative, after all, this thread is about the book and DVD etc, and anyone can comment about it. :D

Love, pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
JemProject
Busy Bee

Post by JemProject »

Petra Wilson wrote: I didn't mean to be authorative
Don't worry about it! I didn't think you were being authorative; I just don't like to not reply to folk who talk to me (me Mammy raised me well! :D ) Plus I do tend to ramble sometimes - just ignore me when I do that! :P

Love Jem x

peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

You fit in well dear Jem,,,

we've got to be the ramblinest bunch on this thread there is....

it's our "not so secret coffee house" as aquaDeb says....

love
pp
Daily Affirmation:
reba
Family

Post by reba »

Hi there all,

Haven't been able to pop in for a long time! And I came in just in time for the spider discussion! Jem, I have to confess that I have not read The Secret :oops: . But I'm pretty sure I know about it already. Like attracts like and all that. I think it's buried in just about every spiritual tradition. I agree with Pet. Folks who are using it just to try and get stuff are missing the deeper point. Hope you all don't throw me out of the coffee house for not reading it and having the nerve to talk about it!

Love you all!
Reba
You don't awaken to Truth by analysing the dream. Find out who the dreamer is.
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Hello everyone,

Tannis, Gem and Reba glad to see you joining us on this enormous thread.

Gem thats what the tread was about "The Secret" but theirs another thread on here "Ask and It is Given" by the Hicks. You may want to give that one a try their is more to it than the market brand "The Secret", but we all have to get started somewhere. Our lovely PP is very savvy on the book I mentioned.

Tannis, You and Hampster Whisperer (Jill) ought to get along real well, she likes all the animals most get the creepy crawleys around. Make sure and come around to have some coffee or tea with us we've been writing on this old thread forever :shock: .

Reba, we haven't been seeing you around much lately, I guess summer has everyone quite busy.

PP, sorry didn't get you phone call the other night, my hubby was home. Things sure need to improve around here with everything. My hubby's thinking of changing work and it sounds like jumping out of the fire into the frying pan. I've been feeling really low the last few days not quite sure whats going on. Well, I'm going to take and meditate this evening because no ones around and I'm sure I'll get tweeked.

Pet, I so glad that you did not drown :shock: and that think of my beached whale story relieved your fear and helped you get to safety. I've been near drowned before in a terrible under tow at the beach, so it will be strange getting back into the water but I did it and I'm sure you will to, perhaps not snorkling though :wink: .

AquaDeb, so glad you and Ron got settled and I'm sure you have so much going on that you can hardly take a breather. It will be nice to here how things are going for you when they settle down.

Love to all that visit this thread and may your night or day be blessed.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
reba
Family

Post by reba »

Dear Memawlaura,

I agree about Ask and It is Given. That one I have read! Yes I have been busy this summer with teenagers in and out. Seems like I've had two or three extras other than my own every weekend. I'm not complaining though. I'm glad they actually want to come here. Sorry to hear that you are feeling low. I'm sending love your way!

Love,
Reba
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Thank you Reba,

It sounds wonderful remembering those days with my children and their friends coming over for sleepovers. I sure miss being a mom in that way. Well, I had the house to myself so I did some meditation to ask for some nuturing and healing so will see what the present holds for me this evening. Just been feeling under the weather doing too much weed pulling and not enough communing with Our Father. Got to get more balanced to see myself and hubby through the rough waters happening right now. Thanks again for your prayers and have fun with all those glorious kids.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

It is good to have an end to journey toward; but it is the journey that matters, in the end.
DonSweet
Old Friend

Post by DonSweet »

This is the 2012th post in this thread.

The one before me was 2011.

I'm too tired to look for who was 1111.
Duality first, Oneness next. It is simply how our sacred journey is defined.
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Hi Don

If memory serves me (just this once please),,,I do think it was GypsyDeb, the author of this thread....who made the 1111 post...

Hey Memaw,,,
no worries about the ph call,,,,,I've been busier than a one armed wall paper hanger.....but I've just got some good info about August's energies,,,,and a beautiful msg from AA Michael through Celia Fenn,,,
look her up on the net....

I don't even have time to properly write,,,,and it's 1:30 am....

been on the upstairs computer all day,,,doing up business cards and working on a flyer - just for my stuff,,,,it's our big opening weekend coming up....and Friday's the 8/8/8 Lions Gate portal,,,,,lots of meditating to do.....and the anniversary of the Harmonic Convergance on the 16th......there just is NO LET UP.........which is good !!!

Sunday was the Parade and Opening Ceremonies of the North American Indigenous Games,,,,,and I went,,,,4500 participants,,,,and I'm sure there were that many spectators,,,,,it was really cool.....

last week,,,,some of the natives arrived in their canoes,,,,some had been on the ocean for 3 weeks to get here....all the way up from Bella Bella in the Queen Charlottes,,,,,some paddles from Oregon,,,,and they flew in from all over the US.......Florida,,,Arizona,,,Colorado,,,New York (comes to mind quickly) and all the provinces,,,,including Inuvik.....so to see them walking in the Parade, carrying their paddles and drumming and chanting....was a pretty awesome sight....

I have to admit that I felt a tremendous 'pride' for them,,,and actually choked up a couple of times,,,,even a tear,,,,it was just so emotional ,,, just think of it.......3 weeks paddling in a canoe......tuff stuff....

each group had to sent a delegate as they were going through the gates to the place for the opening ceremonies.....to our Cowichan Chief,,,to ask permission to go into the games....which of course was granted...but let me tell you,,,,,there were alot....I happened to end up in the spot almost right next to the tent where she stood,,,,so got some great pics...
she even turned around to everyone and let people get pictures of her...
(after all most of the time all anyone could see was her back) some awesome costumes,,,,,and some very basic ones,,,,but colourful,,,

anyway....

oh yes,,,, Reba,,,,glad you read the Ask book,,,,,it is after all,,,,what the Secret was based on......so if you've got a handle on what Ask and It Is Given teaches,,,,you should 'enjoy ????' the Secret.....personally I was disappointed in it....what it's really about is in "Ask".....

The Moses Code is the latest thing out,,,,,,and the secret they're proposing is all on the words......"I AM THAT I AM,,,,,, they've decided that it's all in the interpretation on how you say that phrase that makes the astounding difference... try it..... (and you have to pretend your God saying it).... the Moses Code people say that it should have a comma in it...... I AM THAT, I AM......

personally,,,,,, :roll: :roll: :roll:

anything to make a buck......honestly,,,,,that's how I feel....

Hey Aqua Deb,,,
Glad to hear you're almost settled in your new place,,,,it's nice having seen pictures of it,,,,,cuz now I can imagine where you are....hope you get unpacked soon......next it'll be Gypsy Debs turn....unpacking I mean.

ok,,,,it's almost 2 pm,,,,so I gotta scram....

tomorrow is 'fix the hot tub day',,,,,,, classes in the afternoon....

and try to get some more stuff prepared for this weekend....

loves to all....

pp
xoxoxo
Daily Affirmation:
peacockplume

Post by peacockplume »

Oh dang anyway,,,,,

I guess I'm serving today....how's about some nice hot cheese scones to go with those am coffees...

pp
xoxo
Daily Affirmation:
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Wow PP,

Sounds like a wonderful event to have attended. You must have some Native Soul in ya Sista! I will take one of those Cheese Scones because my tummy's growling.

:D Welcome to the International Coffee House Don,

How's about having a cup of Jo and chatting. 2012 :wink: interesting post, dont you think. It means change to me and much needed for this planet and its inhabitants.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Where do you guys see what post number you did mine is blank. I see the time but no post number. Deja Vu I've asked this before and apparently Alzheimer's has struck again :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Reba wrote...
Hope you all don't throw me out of the coffee house for not reading it and having the nerve to talk about it!
Oh yeah, OUT YA GO, and take your coffee with ya! KIDDING, seriously Reba, we talk about anything and everything here. I'm on a book searching rampage at the moment, on Amazon. Fiction & non fiction, anything...i'm going out of my mind without my books.

Jem wrote:
I just don't like to not reply to folk who talk to me (me Mammy raised me well!
I know just what you mean. I've often not responded to someones post, having run out of time and forgetting to respond later on :( Dozy or what?

Laura said, and I did a doubletake and almost fell off me chair:
It sounds wonderful remembering those days with my children and their friends coming over for sleepovers. I sure miss being a mom in that way.
You kidding, right? No!! OK. Well, we haven't had that sort of thing since Wales and I have to admit looking ever so forward to the mum's coming to pick them up! :oops: I'm being honest here, give me a break!! :lol: Sometimes it was fun...midnight feasts and a girly duv-duv, :D

Love to All, Pet xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
reba
Family

Post by reba »

Wow, PP, the games sound so exciting! Wish I could have been at the opening ceremony with you. I can only imagine how awesome it was by your discription.

Pet, there are times I felt unspeakable relief when a mom finally arrived to pick up a child! After learning the hard way, I now have a rule I call the 'Law of Even Numbers'. An odd number is just asking for trouble. If three are here, it's just a matter of time until two pair up and leave the other one out. That's my experience with girls anyway. I don't have a boy.

Interesting Don! Sometimes I notice posts that have times like 4:44, 3:33, etc.

Laura, maybe you could commune with Our Father and pull weeds at the same time! How is your teeth situation. Did you ever get straightened out? I going back to the dentist next week for another crown replacement. That's what made me think of it. Just had my wisdom teeth out. I would love to go one year without major dental work!
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Hey Reba,
After learning the hard way, I now have a rule I call the 'Law of Even Numbers'. An odd number is just asking for trouble. If three are here, it's just a matter of time until two pair up and leave the other one out. That's my experience with girls anyway. I don't have a boy.
:lol: I used to tell the mum's: "I'll drop 'em off!" .....6am Pet's bundling the kid's in the car.... :lol: KIDDING!!! There was a couple of darlin's that made me feel this way! Killed one of our hens!!!
Laura asked:
Where do you guys see what post number you did mine is blank. I see the time but no post number. Deja Vu I've asked this before and apparently Alzheimer's has struck again
I don't think you do Laura, it's just that PP remembered Gypsie posted at that time, same as you can't go back to a past post and see an old avvie? The only post number you see is the one your profile box, with the date you started and your location.

Love always, Pet XXX
ॐ LOVE Petra
memawlaura
Family

Post by memawlaura »

:D Reba, still waiting for $$ to get them done. I have an appointment to get my temporaries fitted next week and I've paid for permanents so maybe he'll do some work on the bottoms I will have to hone my negotiating skills. My husband's work has suffered terribly for the past few months to the point he may need to change jobs :roll: . I'm not quite sure why things are not manifesting well in this area but its getting pretty unhealthy.

Girls when you become a grandma and your kids are all moved out you will look back and remember the fun times, not the difficult moments. I can remember one slumber party my daughter had and all the girls had the hots for Jeremy our son that was fun trying to police all night to keep them all separated. It was a long night but now I think of those times and sure do miss them.
Love and Peace Always,
Memawlaura

lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Everyone,
If the cheese scones are still warm...I'll have one please, pp. It's fun reading all your posts here.....
My bathroom is all painted, just have to do the window frame and door.....It does look nicer....I went and got a new shower curtain rail today...the young man in the hardware shop cut it to size for me...
What a difference, no more mould....now to tackle somewhere else...my partner sprayed the two other rooms where a small amount of mould was on the ceilings....we can paint it with the retarder....feel better don't you when your surroundings are freshly painted.
He stayed over here last night and was in the spare room as he was up late watching movies....and he said during the night he heard a metallic clanging sound in his head....in the forhead.. Does anyone know what this was? Then he could hear himself talking....but couldn't quite wake up.....he said it was very strange.
I drove him to pick his car up from getting a service today and when I got back....just couldn't get out of the car....felt drained......so I put the seat back and just drifted off into a relaxed state....purple and green surges of colour came into my spiritual vision, also blue. Felt energised as well.
Love lilly xxx :D
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Everybody,

PP, those cheese scones sound wonderful! I got a good recipe from a cooking site that Bing gave me a while back called Welsh cheese and herb scones. Can't help but think of Petra every time I make them. :D

Lilly, the car feels so nice and warm this time of year (winter). I have had that same urge after an afternoon of errands to just relax in the welcoming warmth. Of course, I will be singing a different song come January and Summer when it's so drippy hot! :meds:

Oh I have good news!!!! I now am a licensed Australian Driver! :bana: So anybody living in New South Wales may want to be on the look out for a little white wagon when you are on the road. You know, give it a wide berth and all that! :wink: I guess that is the next fear to work on...actually getting on the road and behind the wheel. (another year or two years and I should be fine. :shaking:

Welcome back to the Secret thread Tannis and a big welcome to the coffee house to you too Jem and Don.... We talk about anything and everything here, what ever pops into our mind. This is a great thread to get to know some of your fellow board members. So please feel free to talk about your day...your pets, your joys and your trials, whatever suits your fancy...well as long as it follows the rules of the MB anyway.

Aqua Deb I am glad to hear that the move is behind you now and you have actually found time to relax and enjoy your new surroundings. :D Have you began to paint again? It will be interesting to see if the animal life shows up to be studied and painted as they did at your last home .

Petra, I am enjoying the pictures and I love the new avie! :love I am beginning to get a feel for your new home from your description and the photos you have posted. Not sure I could handle the heat in the summer though... Such a whimp about heat and humidity. :roll:

Reba and Pet and Lilly, I can remember those sleep over days when my boys were young. They can keep you on your toes! I looked out the window once to see my boys and their friends jumping out the loft window and onto the hard ground below...My heart about jumped out of my throat! No fear some of em! Well ,my eldest has always had a fear of hieghts..I can remember him at about three standing at the bottom of the big sliding board at the park reminding the kids to be careful...hmmm wonder if "one of his parents" may have been a little over protective. :roll: :oops:

Laura, I too was wondering how your teeth were doing. I hope the dentist gets a strong nudge from the Midwayers to help you out next week. I'll be thinking about you. I am so glad that your garden is healthy and producing veggies... makes all the hard work worthwhile doesn't it? (weeding is no fun though is it? :( back breaking work...same as picking greeen beans) What a feeling though, eating something you've grown yourself. :sunflower:

PP I enjoyed hearing you speak of the North American Indigenous Games. Sounds like a wonderful day. :sunny:
I've been paging through a book here that George has on Canada. It is full of the most wonderful photos... What a beautiful country you and Heather live in! From one end to the other you have to admit this is a gorgeous planet we live on. We are so blessed. :happy

Well I had better get this off before the thunderstorm knocks out my computer. It doesn't happen very often here, but it does happen.
:roll:
Love to all of you, :kiss:
Sandy
lilly

Post by lilly »

Hi Sandy,
Congratulations getting your license.....the midwayers will help you in the car....I'm happy for you. You'll be zooming about in no time at all. I can't handle the hot weather....either .. :stars: all that humidity...
What's a girl to do....buy an air conditioner....trouble is it doesn't work outside..Lol
That was a rather nasty thunderstorm that went by earlier...yikes ...I dreamt of lightning last nght and it woke me up....at 2am....had to get up and make a cup of tea....coudn't go back to sleep for ages.
I love Pet's new avvie too. Always takes a nice photo. Have a nice evening.
Love lilly xxx :D
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hello Lilly,

Isn't that interesting you dreaming of thunderstorms and then us having one today...They really aren't common this time of year are they? (I am still learning about the weather patterns in this part of the country. Haven't been here long enough to understand it yet.) Have you gotten any insight yet? What we need is Miss Michelle...That lady is amazing when it comes to dreams...Well shoot! She's amazing in all ways ...as are you Miss Lilly! :wink:
I'm making vegetarian split pea soup for supper tonight and it is smelling soooo good. Still have about an hour though till we eat....drat! may have to sneak me something. I'm hungry now!

I think George is going to take me way out into the country to practice my driving and get a feel for the car (The Outback outta do it! :lol: ) Oh my...I know in my head I can do it, but for some reason fear has a tight hold on me! I'll feel better maybe after doing it a few times. :finger:

I thought of you yesterday. A tile fell off the bathroom wall just outside the shower enclosure and there was mould behind it! :shock: Looks like we may have a hidden mold problem. :shock: Glad You have yours under control. It will be interesting if you see a change now in the way you all feel.

Have a lovely evening, sis. :kiss:
Love,
Sandy