Earth Angels

We will list here stories almost too amazing to believe - when our spirit brothers and sisters turn up physically here to help us. This forum is only about angels physically helping us.
sammy
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Earth Angels

Post by sammy »

Someone shared this story on my facebook page...I thought share it with all of you:
A sweet lesson on patience.

A NYC Taxi driver wrote:

I arrived at the address and honked the horn. After waiting a few minutes I honked again. Since this was going to be my last ride of my shift I thought about just driving away, but instead I put the car in park and walked up to the door and knocked.. 'Just a minute', answered a frail, elderly voice. I could hear something being dragged across the floor.

After a long pause, the door opened. A small woman in her 90's stood before me. She was wearing a print dress and a pillbox hat with a veil pinned on it, like somebody out of a 1940's movie.

By her side was a small nylon suitcase. The apartment looked as if no one had lived in it for years. All the furniture was covered with sheets.

There were no clocks on the walls, no knickknacks or utensils on the counters. In the corner was a cardboard
box filled with photos and glassware.

'Would you carry my bag out to the car?' she said. I took the suitcase to the cab, then returned to assist the woman.

She took my arm and we walked slowly toward the curb.

She kept thanking me for my kindness. 'It's nothing', I told her.. 'I just try to treat my passengers the way I would want my mother to be treated.'

'Oh, you're such a good boy, she said. When we got in the cab, she gave me an address and then asked, 'Could you drive
through downtown?'

'It's not the shortest way,' I answered quickly..

'Oh, I don't mind,' she said. 'I'm in no hurry. I'm on my way to a hospice.

I looked in the rear-view mirror. Her eyes were glistening. 'I don't have any family left,' she continued in a soft voice..'The doctor says I don't have very long.' I quietly reached over and shut off the meter.

'What route would you like me to take?' I asked.

For the next two hours, we drove through the city. She showed me the building where she had once worked as an elevator operator.

We drove through the neighborhood where she and her husband had lived when they were newlyweds She had me pull up in front of a furniture warehouse that had once been a ballroom where she had gone dancing as a girl.

Sometimes she'd ask me to slow in front of a particular building or corner and would sit staring into the darkness, saying nothing.

As the first hint of sun was creasing the horizon, she suddenly said, 'I'm tired.Let's go now'.
We drove in silence to the address she had given me. It was a low building, like a small convalescent home, with a driveway that passed under a portico.

Two orderlies came out to the cab as soon as we pulled up. They were solicitous and intent, watching her every move.
They must have been expecting her.

I opened the trunk and took the small suitcase to the door. The woman was already seated in a wheelchair.

'How much do I owe you?' She asked, reaching into her purse.

'Nothing,' I said

'You have to make a living,' she answered.

'There are other passengers,' I responded.

Almost without thinking, I bent and gave her a hug.She held onto me tightly.

'You gave an old woman a little moment of joy,' she said. 'Thank you.'

I squeezed her hand, and then walked into the dim morning light.. Behind me, a door shut.It was the sound of the closing of a life..

I didn't pick up any more passengers that shift. I drove aimlessly lost in thought. For the rest of that day,I could hardly talk.What if that woman had gotten an angry driver,or one who was impatient to end his shift? What if I had refused to take the run, or had honked once, then driven away?

On a quick review, I don't think that I have done anything more important in my life.

We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
We all have this ability in life...to be little earth angels. It's all in how you look at a situation.

I pray I am able to see every situation in life as an opportunity to be someone's angel.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
jfarris
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Earth Angels

Post by jfarris »

sammy wrote:
We all have this ability in life...to be little earth angels. It's all in how you look at a situation.

I pray I am able to see every situation in life as an opportunity to be someone's angel.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Amen, Sammy! :loves :loves :kiss:

Light and Life,

Jody
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
theunim
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by theunim »

Aw Sammy, that was beautiful. It really is all about the little things in life.

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

A really good one, Sammy, and not soon to be forgotten. :sunflower:
(((((Hugs)))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Xo.crazylove
New Friend

Post by Xo.crazylove »

I love this story it's beautiful a single act of kindness can impact a person in many ways. This story reminds me of somethig that happened to my mom and she loves sharing the story, my mother went to mcdonalds and there was a man in the line up in behind of her talking to his friend about how he really needed a post stamp but the post office was closed, my mom always carries post stamps on her goes in her purse an says "excuse me sir, I overheard your conversation and I have a stamp you can have" hisface lit up and he was so grateful he then mentions to his friend "would you imagine that I needed a post stamp and now I got one, god just sent me an angel, wow thank youso much" to my mom it wasn't a big deal. Two men walked out the washroom and the man says "you won't believe this guys, I needed a post stamp and this angel just answered my prayer" my mom says again "I'm no angel just simply herd you needed something that I had and didn't mind giving it away" the woman working asked my mom if she could take her order, so my mom orders and the man she gave the stamp to says "please let me pay for food" she looked at the girl working surprised, "it was just a stamp don't be silly, you don't have to pay for my food" then man ten insisted she allows him to pay for herfood cause she did a good deed for him and now he wants to repay the favor. It wasn't a big deal to her but to him it ment so much totally different stories similar messages being sent across hope you all enjoy
sammy

Post by sammy »

Crazylove! What a GREAT story!

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh boy, I am moved all over again. First by rereading Sammy's original post and then Xo.crazylove's sharing her mother's experience.
Thank you!
These final words of the taxi driver hit home today as I think about both stories and it was reinforced when I saw Bzutu's prompt on my desk clock....
We're conditioned to think that our lives revolve around great moments.

But great moments often catch us unaware-beautifully wrapped in what others may consider a small one.
:happy
May Love guide our footsteps always.
XX Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
starchild
Busy Bee

Post by starchild »

what beatiful stories - I was moved to tears reading the first one -
you really just never know what anyone else's situation is and one small act can mean the world to someone
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

What is really lovely to me is that this is a true story. From the author's blog...

http://kentnerburn.com/archives/303
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That is a wonderful website, Welles thank you for posting it. I never realized this was a true story. You are right! It makes it even better! :D

((((((Starchild))))))
It's good to see you again!
Love,
Sandy