"Near Death" Experiences

We will list here stories almost too amazing to believe - when our spirit brothers and sisters turn up physically here to help us. This forum is only about angels physically helping us.
calicomeow
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

"Near Death" Experiences

Post by calicomeow »

Not the ones in the traditional sense of the word... but the ones where you feel like you just scraped by with your life, and you feel like an angel must have been watching over you, to make it happen... I've had a few, scary and humbling.

One was in the hayloft of my grandparents' farm... a chicken saved my life. No, I'm not kidding. I was about to step on a pile of hay that was covering a hole in the hayloft floor right ahead of me. (There were chickens wandering around in the hay, pecking at it, laying eggs in it, etc. They reached up there climbing on the ladder... ) All of a sudden a hen springs up from behind me, darts out right in front of me, I mean RIGHT in front of me, and falls through the hay revealing the hole underneath, and takes the fall for me, wings flapping and all. If it would have been me to take the fall... well, I don't have wings. And it would not have been a good landing 8-9 feet below.

The other one was when my husband and I were taking a walk in the dark and he stops me about three feet before I would have fallen about 8 feet below from a bridge overpass...

Another one where I was at my grandparents' place riding into the yard in the back of a horse cart and if my aunt had not been there to lift up the clothesline my neck would have caught on it as the horsecart was riding under it with me standing upright in it all happy and exhausted from a energizing day doing physical farm work. That would have been a REALLY bad day. I don't even want to imagine...

Another one involves my husband when he was a child, and his mom. A big tractor trailer hit them from behind. His mother to this day says that there had to have been an angel watching over them, that caused her to jump on top of her son in the passenger seat and make both of them duck down for cover. If she hadn't done that, the truck would have decapitated them....
MichelleP
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: "Near Death" Experiences

Post by MichelleP »

Those are some good stories. I do believe we all have guardian angels looking out for us. I have a bad tendency to be a bit impatient when I drive and so I drive a bit fast. One day I found myself behind a car that had a bumper sticker that read, "Don't drive faster than your angels can fly" I just loved it and think of it every time I find myself getting a bit anxious to move when driving. I don't want to have to make my angel work too hard. :D

Love,
Michelle
StandardProspect
Busy Bee

Post by StandardProspect »

I enjoyed your stories, thank you for sharing!

I have a similar one
I was fishing from shore with a friend and found an old, dead oak tree hanging over the water. I went under the tree and was fishing under its branches. It was a beautifull place to fish! I noticed a large turtle swimming in the water and stepped out from under the tree to take a better look. 5 seconds later, the large tree I was fishing under collapsed making a very loud breaking sound. Scared us to death and we looked at each other in amazement. That turtle saved my life.
If it's good or if it's fortune I can't tell, but pieces
come together for some reason just as well.
Ang
Old Friend

Post by Ang »

This is an interesting subject! I've had quite a few of these. I lived in Geneva for quite a few years and travelled a lot. The houses and apartments in Switzerland have basements which really are air raid shelters but practically they are used to store stuff. In my case my apartment building had one of these and each apartment was allocated a lockable space. When I used to come back from my trips, I would take my suitcase to the basement to store until the next time I needed it. I went in, put the case in my storage area. Meanwhile. someone else came in and did something fairly quickly and then left turning the light off without checking there was anyone else there. in my fright at him turning the light off, I dropped the key. The place was plunged into complete black - not even a remote chink of light and I had lost my key. I knew immediately that it could be weeks before anyone else came to that basement. With absolutely no sense of direction and no key, I thought my time was up early in life. I went about feeling my way around and got down on my knees. I put my left hand on the ground and felt the key! I reckon the chances of that to happen are millions to one. And then somehow I was led to the door and the light switch - and fairly easily too! Was my first experience of spiritual help and many more have happened since.

Love Ang :loves
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Dear Angh,

Gee that was scarey. Sounds inherently dangerous.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Ang
Old Friend

Post by Ang »

Oh yes! The reason I remember it so vividly is because I am sure I had angelic help. :sunflower:
Petra Wilson
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by Petra Wilson »

Michelle Petkus wrote:Those are some good stories. I do believe we all have guardian angels looking out for us. I have a bad tendency to be a bit impatient when I drive and so I drive a bit fast. One day I found myself behind a car that had a bumper sticker that read, "Don't drive faster than your angels can fly" I just loved it and think of it every time I find myself getting a bit anxious to move when driving. I don't want to have to make my angel work too hard. :D
Hi Shell, Everyone, as the saying goes: better to arrive late, than dead on time. I drive rather slow, 'what with the trecherous roads hereabouts, and always pull aside when I've got a car right on my rear...oooer missus!

Hey Calimeaow, I've experienced loads of near-misses too. Once I was going to Amsterdam for a night at a club with my ex and three of his pals. Half way there, we all needed a wee-wee so, being a woman, naturally I went right out of the way. It was very dark and I went into (what I thought were) some thick bushes, and suddenly fell a little. The brambles were so thick I was all but stuck in them. One of the party suddenly shouted out to me not to venture from the car park. I had had a couple of drinks and was laughing away merrily suspended in the bushes as they hauled me out! On our way back, the friend stopped in the same lay by and when I went to the spot I was shocked. Had those bushes not caught me I'd just be a vague memory now! The drop was all but bottomless. Scary!

Love, petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Petra, you're so funny with your stories...but, on a more serious not, thank goodness that you're still with us!!!!

Love, Clare
"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." - Confucius
Petra Wilson

Post by Petra Wilson »

Oh Clare :love Thing is, I'm an idiot really, and it's a freaking miracle I haven't passed on yet! Why I'm lingering here is beyond me! Apart from being a nut-job mother to my lovely, funny kids! But thank you for that! I sometimes wonder why I've been saved from paedophilia, car crashes, rapes, beatings and down right personal tomfoolerly!!!
At the end of the day............as the Brit's say, I am problee blessed with Angels, and most of all, BRINGING UP THESE DARN SPLENDID KID'S OF MINE....and yes, I'm shouting!

Petra xxx
ॐ LOVE Petra
sammy

Post by sammy »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
MichelleP

Post by MichelleP »

Hi Pet,

And I could have been a race car driver. I could have been Danica Patrick before she was. :roll

Love,
Michelle
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Petra Wilson wrote:
Michelle Petkus wrote:Those are some good stories. I do believe we all have guardian angels looking out for us. I have a bad tendency to be a bit impatient when I drive and so I drive a bit fast. One day I found myself behind a car that had a bumper sticker that read, "Don't drive faster than your angels can fly" I just loved it and think of it every time I find myself getting a bit anxious to move when driving. I don't want to have to make my angel work too hard. :D
Hi Shell, Everyone, as the saying goes: better to arrive late, than dead on time. I drive rather slow, 'what with the trecherous roads hereabouts, and always pull aside when I've got a car right on my rear...oooer missus!

Hey Calimeaow, I've experienced loads of near-misses too. Once I was going to Amsterdam for a night at a club with my ex and three of his pals. Half way there, we all needed a wee-wee so, being a woman, naturally I went right out of the way. It was very dark and I went into (what I thought were) some thick bushes, and suddenly fell a little. The brambles were so thick I was all but stuck in them. One of the party suddenly shouted out to me not to venture from the car park. I had had a couple of drinks and was laughing away merrily suspended in the bushes as they hauled me out! On our way back, the friend stopped in the same lay by and when I went to the spot I was shocked. Had those bushes not caught me I'd just be a vague memory now! The drop was all but bottomless. Scary!

Love, petra xxx
Hi guys!

Petra,
I want to go out to A NIGHT CLUB in amsterdam! sounds like my kind of scene, know what I mean>?
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Jody, where have you been??????

Love, Clare
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

I see that this thread is no longer active. Still, it does touch on something I have thought about. I was wondering if a near death experience would perhaps some how change how a person experiences the prompts? I have had a few of them. Now, I was told at one time, during one of them, that the experience was necessary to make some adjustments in me. Is this familiar to anyone? My first experience was as an infant. This has got me to wondering sometimes about the walk-ins which are described in the U Book.
Lola
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

i was at an amusement park with my family when i was 7 and my younger brother was 4. we were sitting next to each other on this thing that was spinning fast 20 ft over the ground and he was on the door side. suddennly the door opened and he flew out. Somehow i caught him with one hand. it was impossible that i was the one who controlled my arm, and when i say that i rlly mean it. it happened in less than 1 second and i caught his hand while his whole body was outside of the whole thing.When i caught him i didnt even understand what was happening yet.i dont know how i caught him but i do know that my brother was pretty close to dying that day. An angel must have helped me that day.
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

I am loving reading all of these stories. I have had a couple of the more traditional near-death experiences. But, I have one that is along the same lines as those in this thread. When I was in college, one of my friends came up to my home to visit during the summer. I drove her to visit with another friend that lived in a town a few miles away. We all went out to eat and have a few beers. By the time our outing was over, it was around one in the morning. So, my visiting friend and I headed back in my car to my home. At one point she says to me "who is driving the car?" We both had fallen asleep with me behind the wheel. I remember that I had just made it beyond the local airport and after that I don't remember anything except when she asked me who was driving. The distance between the airport and where she and I woke up is around ten miles. The point in our journey where she woke me up was maybe half a mile from the exit I was to take to get home. When I woke up, the car was driving perfectly straight down the middle lane of the highway going the speed limit.
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

ofek wrote: An angel must have helped me that day.
Amazing, and yes, I agree.

love,
Geoff
Steve050504
New Friend

Post by Steve050504 »

First a little background pertinent to this post… My Wife got pregnant with triplets in March of 2009 and twelve weeks later we lost one of the three(We currently have healthy twin boys, have always felt the one we lost was a girl). Also I had open heart surgery in May 2004 and a pacemaker installed in Feb 2011 & tested in May 2011 (all three procedures involved stopping my heart and restarting it… I.E. Dieing)
Ok so now that you have that info I can tell you why I’m really posting here…
On Monday (6/27/11) I had a dream, now I know that doesn’t seam important but first off I don’t really remember dreams I have and this one was special.
I dreamed that my wife (didn’t “See” her in the dream, just felt she was there) and I were driving down a road in a convertible with the top down, as I looked off to my right I saw what looked like “Northern Lights” but it was like they were all combined into one big light. It was beautiful, kind of like a prism too. Then farther down the road I saw the same lights but this time they were shaped like the face of a little girl, a little girl that looked just like my wife and was smiling at me. Again this made me feel really good inside. I believe that it was somehow my brain playing back a near death experience I had during my last test when my heart was stopped! And that the lights that looked like a little girl was the baby we lost at 12 weeks into my wife pregnancy. She was so beautiful in my dream. I always refer to her as our“Angle Baby” :baby
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Steve,

Welcome. I am sorry you lost one of your babies, but very glad to hear that you managed to have two healthy boys.

love,
Geoff
theunim
Family

Post by theunim »

Welcome, Steve! That's quite a set of stories you've told. Like Geoff said, glad you have two healthy boys and lots of love <3

Love,
Theunim
Oh, my friend,
all that you see of me
is just a shell,
and the rest belongs to love.

— Rumi

The pure love of one soul can offset the hatred of millions. ~ Gandhi
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Steve,
Every now and then I have a dream that feels almost like a gift...so beautiful and real it sems and its effects last far into my waking hours.
I wonder and suspect you may be right in your own anaysis and that you were gifted in a way with a look into something very "heart satisfying." (I've been trying to come up with the proper word there but it is next to impossible to put into expression).
But what a beautiful thought...to feel what could very well be your little girl, as she is in spirit, reaching out to you. :happy

Thank you for sharing this special experience and a big welcome to our 11:11 family message board.
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
luvinlife
Family

Post by luvinlife »

Hi Steve, welcome from me too. I'm sorry about your "little girl", but I truly believe you were given a gift with that dream.

Love, Clare
KizzleKat
Old Friend

Post by KizzleKat »

Hi, Steve. Welcome to the board! I'm glad the time has come for you to find this very special place.

I, too, am so very sorry that you lost your little girl and cannot even imagine the pain you and your wife went through together, but had to set aside in order to meet the needs of your sons. Life is so complicated. But what a wonderful experience you've had in seeing her and finding a degree of peace within.

Having been part of the Friends of IANDS (International Study for Near-Death Studies), Portland (Oregon) Chapter for several years and talking with folks who've had what would constitute an NDE, I understand that the changes that occur thereafter can be monumental (and that commonly it takes around 7 years to integrate the experience into one's life). Although I've never had -- nor want to have -- an NDE, I can understand how it would alter perspective. You are indeed a Fortunate son to have been given that gift of "knowing" your daughter without the struggle so many NDE-ers have following their event.

Welcome, welcome, welcome!

Sharon
The oxen are slow but the earth is patient.
MasterOfMyself
Busy Bee

Post by MasterOfMyself »

I don't know about NDEs but I've had many OBEs (out-of-body-experiences). I can usually induce them but it occurs while I'm asleep and I'm only able to recall small bits and pieces of them. Often times the memories can be foggy and disjointed with no clear beginning or end. Like picking up a new book and skipping right to chapter 5 and quitting after reading just one sentence. It can be very confusing and seemingly out-of-context. I've had experiences ranging from pure ecstasy and bliss to sheer terror and trauma. They remain permanently etched in my mind to this day. Changed my whole perception of reality.

I've felt the peaceful embrace of a bright entity during times of great despair in my life. I've heard the gentle words, "Go to sleep my son" whispered to me. I've also experienced what I perceived to be psychic attacks from sinister entities which snarled with viciousness and focused hatred. These negative experiences usually occur when I go to sleep extremely angry or depressed about something. I was very suicidal at different moments in my life and I recall awakening from an OBE where an entity was eagerly encouraging me to kill myself. I remember hearing a gun blast and feeling the sensation (however painless) of having a bullet pass through my head followed by devlish laughter. I was afraid to go to sleep for days until I was so exhausted that I had no choice. It reminded me of Nightmare On Elm Street.

The experiences that I have are almost always directly connected to the state of mind I'm in upon falling asleep. The less that I eat the easier it is to induce an OBE. Alcohol is a hindrance as well.

I've had many basic dreams as well as lucid dreams and an OBE is beyond comparison. My favorite involved the sensation of flying through hallways of which I did not recognize. I remember laughing and feeling like every single cell in my body was alive and glowing with animation. There were moments in my life when I actually began to question my own existence in the physical sense. OBEs feel so much more real then the waking moments of the earthly realm as we know it. Life in a physical body seems so cumbersome and limiting to me now. I've since learned to find balance. As of late I've also found it much more difficult to induce an OBE for some reason. The world feels so heavy to me lately. It seems to adversely effect my meditations as well.
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."
MasterOfMyself
Busy Bee

Post by MasterOfMyself »

I've experienced many instances of precognition. Hearing a song in my head. One that I haven't thought of in ages and having that very song being played on the radio when I turn it on. Once I was given in a dream the exact date for when I'd start my new job. I didn't know what the date meant at the time. I wasn't told. But on that date I received the call for the interview. I once had this mental image of a light bulb burning out in my mind as I was walking down the stairs in to my basement. Seconds later as I flipped the light switch to enter the room the light bulb came on for a moment and then burned out. Another time I was in a room with friends and we were all bantering back and forth when suddenly I said, "Is that the phone"? They all looked at me confused for they heard nothing. Then immediately the phone began to rang. It had not rang all day. "Holy psychic!", one buddy of mine commented. The problem is that I can't seem to control it. In other words, use it as I please when I choose to. I often times seem to predicts seemingly meaningless events? Just recently my aunt couldn't believe the way I seemed to be reading her mind. Offering her coffee at exactly the moment when she was about to ask. This happened over and over again with different things. Other days I feel disconnected. Life is so strange. It drives me crazy that I'm able to contemplate certain questions for hours and never attain a clear answer. Why can I sometimes predict things that don't matter to me but I can't understand the most profound of questions posed?
"All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. That we are all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There is no such thing as death, life is only a dream, and we are the imagination of ourselves."