Why Portuguese?

We will list here stories almost too amazing to believe - when our spirit brothers and sisters turn up physically here to help us. This forum is only about angels physically helping us.
brianm
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Why Portuguese?

Post by brianm »

I have read here that Angels here on Earth speak four languages: English, Spanish, French and Portuguese. Why Portuguese? Why only four languages?
I have absolutely nothing against Portugal and I do not want to second-guess the Angels, but if they are indeed limited to only four languages, I would think that an Asian language would enable them to communicate with far more people than there are in Portugal.
Just seems odd to me. Is there a reason for this?
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

JUNK

Got that?

You did not get it here, you may be being facetious, about the fact that so far (you think) we only have four language outreaches? Put your hand up for another one, and you are it. By the way we are doing German and Dutch too.
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
brianm
Family

Post by brianm »

yikes.

In my defense, I must point out that I am brand new here and that there is an awful lot of information coming from a lot of different sources for me to take in and get my head around. I certainly did not mean to be "facetious" or to insult anyone or to pass on any misinformation.
At any rate, you have my appologies for not having made myself clear enough so as to seem like a wise-cracking moron. I take this site and everyone who writes here very seriously and do not, nor ever will mean to be disrespectful in any way. Since joining, at least 4 very valuable things have happened for me aside from having a number of important questions answered. I want very much for this to continue!
Again, my appologies.

The following is the excerpt that I have fouled up on. It actually does not have anything at all to do with Angels or this group at all, I don't think, but rather with the 11:11 Progress Group. It comes from "who We Are And What We Do (1)". The Author is Redshift.

Our Function is to work in conjunction with the Urantia Midwayers, who time-prompt millions around the world with their 11:11 AM, 11:11 PM, and other numerical prompts. It is the 11:11 Progress Group’s task to make them better known, and it does so in 4 languages – English, Spanish, French and Portuguese.

My question should have been for them :oops:

Sincerely, Brian.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hi Brian,
I can see that you didn't mean any harm in your post and I also see what has confused you. First I must explain that the Progress Group is Us :lol: So in reality you are talking to the right people. However, I think there has been some confusion in the way you interpreted what the was posted. George was speaking in 'Who We Are And What Do We Do' of the languages that the Progress Group currently translates the Celestial messages into and sends them out via the various lists. The angels of course can speak innumerable languages and not just those we know on earth. But they, of course, generally use a language that the receiver is comfortable with. Our messages are sent out from the original English into Portuguese, Spanish, French, Dutch and since this was posted...German. It takes dedication by various people to translate and post the messages 5 to 6 times a week. Love and thanks to the receivers, translators, List Ops and of course our own Simon (Redshift) who has volunteered to post these messages on the board for years now.
Hope this helps Brian. (((Hugs)))
Love,
Sandy
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi Brian,

Angels speak all languages, and to give you an idea about how they use us to get the messages across, the example of Susan K. -- a receiver I met in San Fran in 2000.

Susan could not transmit celestial messages without waving her arms about while she spoke, so I asked the Midwayers the question why.

I was shown that two separate communication centers in Susan's brain overlapped. That's VERY rare. The centers were Wenicke's speech centre (left cerebral hemisphere just above the left ear) and the center for sign language, normally just above Wernicke's, and just barely touching it.

In Susan's brain there was more than a 50% overlap of these two centers, so as the Midwayers "impinged" on Susan's mind relative to Wernicke's "concept storage" center, they could not help but make her arms move about restlessly as well.

Susan hardly moved her arms in normal conversation.

BTW. I speak 4 languages -- Dutch, French, English, German -- not as fluently now as I did 40 years ago. However, I still on occasions get info in a language other than English. Mostly French or Dutch.

God bless.....
George
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Intent is ALL that counts
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

brianm wrote:yikes.

Dear Brian,

Apology accepted. I did get rather wound up, knowing how much effort it is, trying to do these outreaches, when basically the vast majority of us are English speaking. We are very dependent on just one of two to cover off other languages, because as much as we have tried, we have not got any groups like this one, going in other languages.

But there is a message in your confusion. If 85% of those transmits are angels speaking, when George chimes in, he might get confused as speaking for them.

love,
Geoff.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

i have question... i was born in israel and im fluent at hebrew. it is also the language i pray in because im jewish; so can the angels understand me when i speak to them in hebrew? cause i have a few times
peace,
ofek
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear ofek,

Indeed they can. There is even some evidence that thoughts are without language, even though we think in a language on our end.

Angels know all the languages in the world that they need to, and learn a new one in minutes.

love,
Geoff.
blue nova

Post by blue nova »

there are no barriers.

none.

barriers stem from mind of finite...not the infinite.
:wink:

(((((Hugs)))))
anne
~*~* Live in Om! *~*~
.. ~Swami Rama Tirtha~
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

Geoff wrote:Dear ofek,

Indeed they can. There is even some evidence that thoughts are without language, even though we think in a language on our end.

Angels know all the languages in the world that they need to, and learn a new one in minutes.

love,
Geoff.
thats very interesting because i read about ppl actually dying and coming back to life minutes later and having an experience with angels that tell that its not their time yet and the ppl who experience this say that they didnt speak a language; its hard to explain it because we communicate with language
TonyS
Busy Bee

Re: Why Portuguese?

Post by TonyS »

brianm wrote: Why Portuguese? Why only four languages?
I have absolutely nothing against Portugal and I do not want to second-guess the Angels, but if they are indeed limited to only four languages, I would think that an Asian language would enable them to communicate with far more people than there are in Portugal.
Just seems odd to me. Is there a reason for this?
Hey Brian

Countries speaking portuguese include Brazil, Angola, Mozambique, Macau and Timor not just Portugal. Coming from portuguese decent I had to put in my 5 cents worth

Cheers Tony
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

Hi brianm!

As TonyS said, portuguese isn't only speaked in Portugal, is one of the most speaked languages in the world, estimated to be speaked for about 240 million people. :o
Check http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_la ... e_speakers

Peace,
John
CutieKenge
Family

Post by CutieKenge »

Hi Brian,

Many times it can be easy to misunderstand textual conversations. It's much different than hearing someone speaking. Many times people have questions, but don't ask for one reason or another, so I am glad you did ask.

I did not take your post as being rude or disrespectful, and especially after reading many of your posts, you seem far from either of those things. I guess it was one of those misunderstandings that happen so much over text-speaking.

I know this original post was from days ago, but I saw it and just felt compelled to write. This site has been a wonderful way to reach out to others who know and understand what we experience. A place of learning and a place of sharing. I'm new here, as well, but just wanted to say I'm glad you have been able to share your experiences and also have been able gain much from being a part of this amazing MB.

Sending much love to all of you here. ♥

Love,
Kendra