Love Letters to Presence: Three Poems — by Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin.

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Love Letters to Presence: Three Poems — by Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin.

Post by Welles »

My name is Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin. I am a poet from Ireland. These three poems are love letters to presence. That presence we feel when we are close to the source of this life. Gratitude, Wisdom, Determination, and Belief.

The first poem, Turas d’Anam, means ‘journey of your soul’ in the Irish language. This piece is an invitation to grant permission to yourself. To experience a deeper sense of meaning in this life. It reimagines set backs, or conscious retreat, as a strengthening tool. This poem is an invitation to realise the restorative power of rest…and the often agonizing wisdom of hindsight.

This next poem, ‘What To Hand On’, hopes to inspire your aspiration. To spy the playful, and often impossible, standards we place on ourself. This poem is a prayer to naivety and is meant to reclaim our power of intentionality in the face of that which we cannot control (which is almost everything!).

The third poem ‘This Is My Prayer Room’ is an account of my first time praying with my Hindu mother-in-law, Maya. She invited me to sit for her daily Puja at her home in New Jersey when we first met. Maya emigrated to America when my wife was just 6 months old… I am from Ireland, so this was my first taste of Hindu prayer ritual. I was so inspired by the similarities between my own mothers love for daily prayer and the palpable joy in my Maya’s prayer life. This poem recounts parts of that ritual at her personal mandir, from her perspective, while mixing some imagery from my own Catholic background.
Love Letters to Presence: Three Poems — by Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin

https://www.dailygood.org/story/2861/lo ... leabh-in-/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Love Letters to Presence: Three Poems — by Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin.

Post by Sandy »

Thanks so much Welles,

All three of these poems touched my heart this morning...Especially the last one...where we are invited by the poem to be so much a part of the experience. :happy

love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Love Letters to Presence: Three Poems — by Mícheál ‘Moley’ Ó Súilleabháin.

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
Even though this has been posted for a month this is my first time seeing it... Wow, the poet's words fell inside of me so deeply. Like a stepping stone placed in my path right as I was taking a step forward.

Such a feeling was insighted in me I want to remember these words forever(although with my memory as it is, that is unlikely). I'm so grateful to you for finding these shiny gems to share with us. It always seems to be what I need to see at the time, albeit if that time takes a month or so.

Thanks Welles!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.