Clarity Struck This Morning

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

July 17, 2018

Went out to pick strawberries to go with breakfast. It was an absolutely perfect, sunny, breezy morning. Relief flowed throughout, following a stifling, muggy, truly uncomfortable week. Delicious solitude enveloped the senses, as deep foliage of shrubs and trees camouflaged my presence from passing traffic.

Predictably along the course I'd pause to pull... 'a couple of weeds'.

After a few hours of marveling at the day, conversing with the flowers, cursing invasive bullies and muttering to myself, black dirt crusted under all nails of the usually gloved right hand. The left, clutched dock, strangling buckwheat and of course rose hips harvested for tea.

A protesting stomach gurgled in rebellion. Standing in dizzy delight, thoughts strayed to my beloved grandma. Smiling broadly, clarity struck, expressing to no one, but the green morning, “....Ahh, I've officially become an old woman.”

Kim Tompkins
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Clarity Struck This Morning

Post by Sandy »

:sunflower: :lol: From one "old woman" to another...I LOVED THAT! So did the "dear just barely old lady" get her strawberries? :kiss:
Thanks Kim!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

:happy :cat: :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Good morning all!

Didn't consume strawberries that day. But, yesterday! My 'Tiny' partner in harvesting all growing sweet morsels, made a day of it! Started out at the Center and ravaged the currant bushes after feeding the turtles. Then went to Dave's work, where there is a very generous mulberry tree. The high branches didn't faze us in the least. Fortunately for us Tiny LOVES ladders! She popped one black mulberry after another in her mouth. Although just a slip of a girl, she can pack away the fruit! Being a prepared Grandma( had lots of practice with mulberry trees), I spread out an old sheet on the ground and shook branch after branch with a pole saw. It was literally raining mulberries! Of course we wore purple shorts and t-shirts, because man-o-man do they stain! Not an activity for clean freaks. We my still have a few purple spots on the top of our scalps. When our containers were full we came to our house, spent an hour looking for wild raspberries, finally ending up in the strawberry patch. Needless to say, neither one of us was hungry for lunch. Our adventure ended with her swinging and repeating, "Higher Grammy! Higher Grammy!" It was a 'berry 'fun day!

Love, Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

"Higher Grammy! Higher Grammy!" It was a 'berry 'fun day!
LUV2 :flower: :D
You guys are making some special memories together... When I was a kid, summer meant "berry pick'n time" I can still feel the sun on my head and back and the smells of July in the TN. of the 60's. Tiny will never forget these times with you and visa versa, eh?
Enjoy those berries! (My kingdom for a blackberry cobbler just like my grandma used to make!)

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

That is a Special Day, thank you for sharing... :loves
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity