A Christmas Wish for my Mom. {Poem} — by Bill Rugg

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Welles »

"Losing a lifetime companion is incredibly difficult, especially when it happens suddenly with little time to prepare.

There are seasons of grief.

When the first holiday season without a loved one approaches, the weight of the world feels heavy. When the second season arrives, life becomes substantially harder—reality sets in, quiet is a constant companion, and joy doesn’t return to our bones. We are reminded of being alone."

You might think Bill's poem would be sad but is isn't. It is joyful and uplifting.

https://www.elephantjournal.com/2017/12 ... -mom-poem/

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: A Christmas Wish for my Mom. {Poem} — by Bill Rugg

Post by Sandy »

Thank you, Welles. This writing really touched my heart today. :happy

Also that Winnie the Pooh illustration was very timely. Our landlord want to take out a lovely old eucalyptus tree at the back of the yard because it dropped a branch while I was away. (His wife was mowing the grass and noticed it was down) I guess my attitude is shared by Winnie the Pooh. :)
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.