When The Lilacs Brown

Post any poetry here. It's just too hard to define "inspired" in this context, so we will settle for that which inspires.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

When The Lilacs Brown

Post by Seeker13 »

When The Lilacs Brown
June 15, 2017

Fairly sad... for me
when the lilacs brown.
Once proud cones of white, lavender, burgundy
droop, hang heavily down.
Perhaps because they ignite memories
of loved ones no longer around?

Foliage of deep green
will shade that which resides below.
But, the lingering heady scent
will waft on the wind then go.
It is the pattern of things...
Mother Nature decrees it to be so.

It marks Springs end, also
fresh rush of renewal.
Alas that season
not triumphant victor of the duel.
The champion?
Summer, promises heat stifling and cruel.

When longing for air
once sweet and light,
trying not to dwell on my discomfort and plight
winged creatures buzz, swarm and bite.
Mourning that day Spring retreated taking flight.

I'll dream of the lilacs
before their brown.
Eyes beheld a pastel feast of
growing all around.
When Springs arrival!...

Was the only sight, scent and sound.

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: When The Lilacs Brown

Post by Sandy »

Ahhh KIm, that lovely poem brought tears to my eyes with remembered longings. We had a lovely white Lilac whose flowers were not as bold and tall as it's lavender counter part but still a reliable and good friend. I always missed its flowers as summer deepened.
Thank you for starting my day with the smell of spring flowers. :happy
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Sandy,
The summer before my mom passed away, before we even knew she was sick again, she was insistent I take all her flowers. Most of them were spring bloomers. The double purple lilacs and snowball bush came from my grandma's garden(Grandma passed away in 1974) The forsythia was given to Mom by my nephew when he was three. Can't tell you how many lilacs, forsythia, snowball bushes, iris and seven sisters roses have been given to family and friends over the years! She died in 1998, but the legacy of gardening and her flowers lives on.

The double white lilacs came from one of my son's old girlfriends. It's the tallest and strongest one in the bunch because it was planted to hide the vent to the pellet stove. Sometimes wood ash flies out of the pipe, I guess lilacs love wood ash!

Love to all!...need to go out and plant the zinnias.

Kim

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Kim,
Isn't it funny how plants can become sort of like members of the family. I think about all my plants back home and hope that life has been kind to them and they too have grown and multiplied giving any number of people the joy they provided me through their cuttings and offspring.

It sounds to me like green thumbs are in your DNA. Tiny will follow in your footsteps too I think. It's a wonderful legacy! :happy
hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
happyrain
Family

Post by happyrain »

hi kim :hithere
wow that's really good. very personal and nice. and like you said her legacy lives on. :sunflower: :alien:
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

Hi Eric and Sandy!
Thanks for your comments. :bana: In my life, plants, like cooking, allow a bond between people. A sort of unspoken love that, "You are special to me and beauty is everywhere!" :sunflower: You may be right about Clementine, last week she touched a flower stating confidently, "That's a iris!" My daughter-in-law and I connect through flowers also. I kept her mom's gardens going when we took over the motel for them. Now that she and Dan are running it, she feels closest to her mom in the back yard garden that was so special to her. Dan asked me to start him a new snowball bush and Aleah is waiting for the day they have their own place so she can claim her share! Now I think about it, this might sound really weird to some people! LOL! But it's normal for us!

I'm feeling a bit nostalgic this morning as yesterday marked nineteen years since my mom passed away. It was also the first anniversary I didn't spend mourning her loss. That was probably due to it being an insanely busy day at work! We are extremely lucky that Mom is still so spiritually present in all our lives, but there is something..., sobering, about the anniversary day.

My niece and daughter-in-law asked how long it took until the pain stopped? All I can do is reassure them it does get easier as time passes, but really it's all up to the individual and no one should try and make that determination for them. I guess for me it was nineteen years? I do highly recommend everyone does whatever it takes to talk to their loved ones while they are here. It might seem hard to talk about the tough stuff, but it's a lot easier emotionally than waiting until they're gone.

Well! I'm all alone today and it's getting late. You probably guessed I'm headed outside! Time to commiserate with nature, God, the fairies, Mom, my Grandma and anyone else who wants to help out!

Love to you both,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I really love that poem, Kim. I just read it and re read it again and then to George who, like me, was moved as well. This poem blesses me every time I re read it. Knowing you and the deep meaning it has for you... makes it all the more special. Is it okay if I copy it so I don't loose it when inevitably the posts become automatically deleted to allow for new stuff? I promise I will keep it safe for you. Eric, I would like to do the same thing with your poem entitled, "Love." Both of these poems touch my heart every time I read them. So "pretty please with brown sugar on top." (In other words a chocolate brownie with caramel on top of it would be manifested into your experience) Well..it could happen :roll :mrgreen:

KIm, my parents are both still alive so I cannot imagine what it must feel like to live in the months and years after their passing. Your Mom must have been a priceless jewel as when you speak of her I feel such loving energy. After reading your post I couldn't help but think how blessed your nieces are to have your experienced comfort and guidance as they face their own months and years of longing for their loved one. I am forever amazed how life renews itself... I think of Tiny and the legacy she carries in her heart and in her DNA... she will bless this world I think. :happy
hugs,
Sandy
Seeker13
Family

Post by Seeker13 »

LOL!
Sandy it would be an honor if you copied the poem. Although any enticement of chocolate, let alone caramel, would be welcome, but not necessary.
Tell George I said hi. :hithere
Love,
Kim

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thanks Kimmie! :sunflower:
xxSandy