Blurting Out “God” — A Spiritual Practice — by Welles

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Blurting Out “God” — A Spiritual Practice — by Welles

Post by Welles »

I’m always open to making up new (to me) ways of focusing on God (Creator, Father, Source etc. take your pick). You see I’m firmly on the path of a Paradise ascent already and feel lucky to exist with the realization of that reality. Sometime in Eternity I fully expect to be so perfected that I will be able to exist in that August Presence. Yes, yes, I know it is a long way off… I’m not delusional. However, if I can get a little boost in that direction, I’m all for it.

It was in that light the other day that I read this quotation from Hazrat Inayat Khan, a Sufi Master who lived a century ago. “Even to utter the name of God is a blessing that can fill the soul with light and joy and happiness as nothing else can do.”

It was one of those bits of wisdom to which we may be exposed and simply nod in agreement and move on. But on that particular day it stuck in both my heart and mind and I conceived of a new ‘spiritual practice.’ I’ve been doing it for a week and it seems to be valuable enough that I’m passing it on.

It is simple. When moved, throughout the day, I simply say “God” out loud. That’s it.
For me there has been some real benefit in just going about my day and periodically I’m nudged to say “God”. The nudge often comes packaged in a bit of humor. I really like that. Sometimes it is because I’m reading and see the word and merely repeat it out loud. Most often I’m just galumphing along minding my own business and a little impulse strikes me out of the blue. So, I say “God”. I get a lift out of doing that.

That’s it. “God.”

happyrain
Family

Re: Blurting Out “God” — A Spiritual Practice — by Welles

Post by happyrain »

thank you welles,
this is beautiful. :loves i feel the love for god and am getting a little taste of that love right back
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

This is powerful,full of Love and I am already seeing benefits in my life from doing this and it has only been a few hours.
Thank you Welles!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

Welles,
What a simple and wonderful practice. "God."

Love it,
Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

"God" :cheers: :happy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Seeker13
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Seeker13 »

God might be getting a little tired of my blurting, but I'll not stop as it bring a smile to my face every time!

Kim
And Spirit whispered, "There are no limits."

We are akin to the aspen forests, seemingly separated but in actuality, one organism.
pointman19
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Post by pointman19 »

God!!
www.historyrunamok.blogspot.com

www.elevensrunamok.blogspot.com

“A better world starts with the thoughts of each individual. Do have ‘better thoughts.’ --Teacher Monjoronson

It so simple...so easy..so life changing. --Sandra Barnard