Legs in Paradise

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Legs in Paradise

Post by Welles »

Legs In Paradise

I walk a great deal. Not only is it excellent exercise if you huff and puff a bit but also once you’re warmed up it is easy to slip into a meditative state. I’ll be trudging along pondering some idea and then enter into that receptive mode that allows the universe to chime in with those little hints of enlightenment that add insight. For the last couple of months I’ve been pondering the nature of the soul.¹ Of course being of a practical nature it seemed obvious to start wondering if I could still walk around at the end of the ascension trail. In short will I still have legs in Paradise?

Yes that’s a long ways off. There will be lots of transitional forms between our earthly bodies and the shapes we will inhabit once we are sufficiently perfected to live in spirit. If you view the soul as our spiritual bodies being evolved through our experiences it seems evident that as we progress through the different levels of universe realities our souls will increasingly affect the forms we will inhabit. They will act as a contour gauge, a semi-spiritual/spiritual mold within which our newer life vehicles (sensory shrouds) will be crafted. I’m pretty confident in asserting that yes we will have legs for most of that journey; at least through the worlds of time and space.

Should you be lifted from your material existence into spirit right at this moment (you would probably have to be enseraphimed … just guessing) here’s how you would perceive of ‘yourself’. The elements of which you are composed when seen with the eyes of the spirit would seem to be both invisible and visible. Your personality would have no apparent substance. It is the self-conscious, self-aware element, a unique and discrete point of view that houses the knowledge that I Am.

You, this elemental personality, are assigned an allotment of space resembling your material form in that there is a head, torso and four extremities. You would see this space as a radiant shadow. Its shape is the hallmark of our type of personalities, an identifier of our origins. Surrounding that is a somewhat nebulous golden glow. It is our soul; the collection of spiritual values that we are in the process of realizing. When our souls become fully realized in spirit they become the substance of our eternal forms.

You’ll also see that there exists a single piercingly bright white spark residing in the location that would be occupied by your physical heart here on earth. That is your very own Spark of God. It is the spiritual gravity of this Divine Shard that holds your soul securely while its guidance nurtures your continuing creative development. When we leave here and are resurrected on our future worlds our souls are elemental in the creation of our next bodies. As our ascension adventures continue our bodies will increasingly be reflections of the spiritual progress we have made.

I have to conclude that our basic human outline, once an elemental expression of space and time will still be with us in Paradise. It will be a comforting remembrance and identifier of our humble origins. With that question off my list I’m off to ponder this; will we still get hiccups in Heaven?

¹UBIS Class: The Soul -- Offspring of Divine Spirit and Material Mind created by Marta Elders

A PDF version of this essay can be found here...

Welles
Zachary
Old Friend

Re: Legs in Paradise

Post by Zachary »

I love your contemplations Welles, haha! I was just recently thinking about what it would be like in your new estate post-death. A lot of the times at night when I'm scrolling through the archives I ask my TA to guide me to a message far more fitting than I could find on my own. It brought me to this post and it's certainly fitting.
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/TAL72.htm

By the way; I never realized a meditative state when exercising until I read your words. I feel the same way, ill ride my bike around trails for cardio, and almost 100% of the time when I become fatigued I start thinking within and communicating, not voluntary but unconsciously, to dig deeper... well until now, I suppose. Thanks for the realization... anyway i too hope i can keep my legs as a remembrance of our orgins, or at least something that indicates and expresses our orgins as humans. Because as im starting to understand, their is so much more beings than humans. Will we be classified with all Urantians? all humans? all agondonters? i do not know, but it's fun thinking about. I'm sure it would be pleasant to see another being similar to your orgins when your out in the vast distances working with others.

I've always wondered about travel. What if i want to get to point A to point B? Do i walk with my legs? Do i 'float' through walls? Can i fly? can i go over hundreds of miles in a hour?
The only thing I've learned about transport is that there are circuits personalities ride to get from A to B. (That's what i read, i can't confirm through any personal experiences yet.) But what if you only have to go 20 yards? Do you have to complete tasks to achieve the ability to travel, like a person earns their license to allow them to drive?
It's funny thinking about hiccupping in heaven, lol. But really i wonder....
Whatever it is, i hope i get a chance to go really, really fast, on a normal basis.
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
Welles
Family

Re: Legs in Paradise

Post by Welles »

Hiya Zachary,

I'm really glad somebody got something from this goofy little essay. Ya know, thinking about your thinking...

Zachary wrote:I've always wondered about travel. What if i want to get to point A to point B? Do i walk with my legs? Do i 'float' through walls? Can i fly? can i go over hundreds of miles in a hour?
The only thing I've learned about transport is that there are circuits personalities ride to get from A to B. (That's what i read, i can't confirm through any personal experiences yet.) But what if you only have to go 20 yards? Do you have to complete tasks to achieve the ability to travel, like a person earns their license to allow them to drive?
It's funny thinking about hiccupping in heaven, lol. But really i wonder....
Whatever it is, i hope i get a chance to go really, really fast, on a normal basis.

I would guess that as we ascend closer to perfection our absolute speed increases. However there would be limits in inherent in the natural laws of each plane of existence such as Urantia, Morontia Worlds, Local Universe, Orvonton, Havona or Paradise. I think of each as a sort of quantum shell and jumping from one to the next increases our absolute energy potential. In the lower planes we probably limited to devices but as mind develops so do the means of transportation. Beam me up, Scotty!

By the time we get to Paradise thought IS action so I feel sure the mechanism of even a body isn't needed. That being said, I speculate that we will still display a form as an identifier of our origin and evolutionaly journey because we will totally Love the process of our existences from beginning to endless. :lol:

Welles