Thought Value Levels and Psychic Circles

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Thought Value Levels and Psychic Circles

Post by overmind »

This idea of mine is not as detailed as the others, but certainly just as intriguing. In a previous transmission, it was stated that the psychic circles were states of mind that we possessed, and getting to those states and sustaining them required experience and human development. The psychic circle we are in leads us to have certain thoughts, or such thoughts tell us which circle we may be inhabiting at the time. To attain a higher circle is to be in that circle much longer than any of the lower ones. What does this mean? Your thoughts have a certain value level attached to them, which can tell you what psychic circle they inhabit. Having a specific value level on average should then tell you what circle you have attained. This is assuming you could tell which thoughts held which value level. In essence, your thoughts are indicative of your values, and being in a higher psychic circle means possessing higher values -- which are organized in a group. When attaching values to circles, one would get a matrix.

Many times when I am engaged in something and have a thought, I then have a thought about that thought, and become an observer of the self. Analyzing your own thoughts usually creates a 3rd-person perspective regarding the subject of the first thought. It is like viewing your own reactions and actions from a higher perspective. To me, this seemed like I was entering a higher psychic circle in order to better engage in self-analysis. If the best judge is the perfect judge, then it is best if we judge our own thoughts and actions with the highest form of mind we can muster (becoming as perfect as we can be). In this case, I do not refer to the different layers of the mind, but the psychic circles in which it ventures.

If we could look at our own thought value levels (TVL's), the thoughts and concepts coming together in our head would look like a giant math problem, and could be organized like computer code. And this code is what I am imagining when I come to realizations through my exploration of concepts, new and old.
11light11
Family

Re: Thought Value Levels and Psychic Circles

Post by 11light11 »

Hi overmind,

With this bit about the evolution of the psychic circles, do you suppose this might correlate at all to compassion? I'm thinking about times where in the past I might have been really annoyed with someone, where much to my surprise I find myself hurting for them instead, where all that strikes me about their 'annoying' behavior is its origin -- the depth of pain. It's been an odd adjustment period for me, having this different reaction to things, and responding to people and situations from this other vantage point. That's what your psychic circles reminded me of.

As you said, the moment comes then where you have a thought about a thought -- such as analyzing the self. "Oh, I would have gotten annoyed in the past. Now I'm feeling all this sorrow for the person." You move into the observer role.

I don't know whether my observer role has any increased objectivity beyond my ordinary subjective experience of life, or not, but it is funny how often I catch myself reflecting on a reaction.

I wonder if this is what you had in mind, and what you've noticed about your own thoughts and their changes?

Happy New Year! :sunflower: Michele
overmind

Post by overmind »

Empathy and emotions would be included as well, but remember that both of these create specific thoughts. In this case, thoughts are the result being studied. The result is studied in order to see what created it would determine the psychic circle attained. That is one method. The other, mentioned previously, is to look at the value the thoughts contain and match them with the psychic circle. And this method may include giving values numerical identifiers. I know that we are not currently able to match thoughts to specific psychic circles (there is simply not enough info on this topic given to us humans), I am merely describing how we could use such information if it were obtainable.
11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Hmmm . . . . ok. I see what you're saying. I guess I always consider thoughts to be indicative of the underlying emotions, so I focus more on emotions than on thoughts. 12:23.
overmind

Post by overmind »

FYI, after refreshing my knowledge of the circles using the Urantia Book, the essay needs some editing. So what I decided to do now is create a diagram of the circles so that they can be better understood. Can't say when it will be done, but I will start tonight.
overmind

Post by overmind »

I believe it's done, though it's not as streamlined as I had hoped. I just used the colors of the rainbow in order to differentiate them. The circles can either be looked at as stacked like pancakes, or existing in concentric circles. This image combines both ideas (it can be flattened). This does not mean they exist physically though. They are representations of levels of personal human development. The organization (stacked or concentric) would just help describe how these levels operate in relationship to each other.

11light11
Family

Post by 11light11 »

Your diagram is really beautiful. Since I'm not familiar with the passages you've pulled these ideas from, it helps to visualize what you are describing. Thanks for sharing this! :roll
overmind

Post by overmind »

What is on the diagram is about half of section 6 from Paper 110. There isn't a whole lot of information on the circles because humans themselves really cannot know where they stand unless told. These are used by the celestials to measure human growth, and although there is more revelation about them outside of the book, knowing all about them still doesn't do us a whole lot of good while in the flesh. While theorizing about their potential use is fun, it is not completely practical.