An Experiment in Love

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

An Experiment in Love

Post by Welles »

This is a design for an experimental foray into the field of Love by small groups of people. The two essays, The Science of Love and Subjective Science are the concepts upon which An Experiment in Love is built. I've created a single PDF called The Science of Love Experiment that includes all three. A group is now being formed to try out the experiment. I'll report on our findings.

Download The Science of Love Experiment.pdf

Welles

An Experiment in Love

Observations

• I’ve participated in several episodes of healing. Each occurred when the recipient needed help to resolve an emotional block that was the origin of mental and spiritual suffering of such intensity that it was manifest in their physical bodies. In every case I had prior personal experience with similar difficulties. By achieving a state of inner stillness I was able to use a sort of telempathy to feel and identify the emotional tangle in which they were mired. As soon as I recognized that internal impasse (although not necessarily knowing the specific reasons for it) I could feel a flow of Love being drawn through me by the person in need. It began to dissolve the emotional muddle and ‘suddenly’ the physical problem began to be resolved. I wasn’t a ‘healer’ from the perspective of treating the physical medical conditions but simply an additional resource from which to draw Love. That did the work.

• I’ve observed a similar phenomena in teaching. When I have achieved a relatively greater degree of expertise relative to the ‘student’ I can use a technique of focusing on the project at hand and then achieving a state of inner quiet to become an additional resource of creativity from which they can draw. I’ve felt that energy transmitted by reflection through the field of Love (the Heart is the access point) and watched the recipient become increasingly excited as the light bulb of comprehension lighted up. Two important notes: they didn’t have to be aware of my participation and the results of their effort were original, not at all what I might have done.

• I have experienced of a flow of Love between two people so powerful that it charged the spirits of those around them and caused every one of us to temporarily open our Hearts to one another. That was amazing! (I was one of those affected.)

• I’ve been the recipient of an endless series of illuminations and realizations that have come to me during moments of inner stillness. There is a subtle difference between those two in my experience. Illuminations suddenly reveal a greater perspective. Realizations are the spiritual integration into wisdom by the conscious practice of ideas received in moments of illumination.

Hypothesis

Love is the basic field of energy established and maintained by the Creator. Beings created in spirit or evolved to perfection have their forms made of it. Communications of spiritual values are instantaneous throughout this Eternal reality. The mind is a harmonic modulation on the carrier wave of Love. A circuit of persons (Human and Celestial) is necessary to realize manifestations of Love. Those include moments of illumination (receiving enlightened thoughts), realizations brought about by the integration of illumination and experience, healing, communication of telepathic or telempathic (when shared feeling is translated into thought) nature. There will be variety of unique results in every situation when Love flows among beings but the end result is that everyone experiences a spiritual uplift.

Experimenting with Love can be viewed as an objective scientific pursuit that yields subjective results. I believe that a simple group experiment can be performed that would allow all each member to experience this energy by creating a circuit of people. Two personalities of unique spiritual resonance are enough to create a flow of Love. Because that is a fairly rare occurrence I propose experimenting with small groups.

Experimentation

I suggest starting with a group numbering between 12 and 20 people. To be a really successful experiment I’d also propose that they have different points of view on spirituality. That would yield more valuable results than a seemingly homogenous group with a specific belief system. Part of the goal is to create a shared experience and learn to appreciate that each participant has a unique perspective.

Those who volunteer for the research should either have previous experience of Love in action or at least be conditionally willing to accept the idea that Love is real energy and it flows among a circuit of people. Additionally, each would be required to have practiced some technique of accessing a state of inner quiet. Individual techniques may be considered meditation, prayer or stillness. The name doesn’t matter.

For this experiment every participant needs to prepare and bring two ‘items’ that they find to be of inspirational value to share with the group. They might include a quotation or a short reading. Someone might share a story about a moment of illumination they received. Creative options such as a song, writing a bit of poetry to share, handing around a graphic image of spiritual value might be appropriate offerings. You might ask for help in solving a problem or assistance of a healing nature for someone not present. I can’t begin to imagine all the possibilities but each would be an expression of truth, beauty, humor or goodness. These will create temporary focal points for the group consciousness and act to harmonize the group.

During the actual experiment members should sit comfortably in a loose circle. The idea is simple. Go around the circle twice with each person sharing one of the spiritual topics they have prepared. They should be fairly short. After each is presented the members of the group could respond with their thoughts or feelings to enhance or illuminate the original offering. But

But before any discussion starts the entire group should sit quietly for a short period of time and access their inner sources. I believe one minute would be long enough to begin with and even a shorter time would suffice as the experiment progresses and the group is increasingly tuned through Love. A brief period of silence after each shared viewpoint is an important aspect of the research. First impulse replies come from our reactive minds that operate in conjunction with our emotions and tend to be critical. A short pause of internal quiet will allow us to open our hearts and access the reflective mind that can receive enlightening thoughts. That's what we want to share.

I expect this experiment to yield real spiritual experiences such as little bursts of illumination and that everyone will leave the event with an increased access to Love.
Zachary
Old Friend

Re: An Experiment in Love

Post by Zachary »

Welles,

Absolutely love the thoughts your sharing. I give much respect to you... I wish I could grab a group of people and experiment but the only people I have to talk about spiritual ideas are the people on this MB. I wish I was a witness to your episodes of healing.

When in public, I usually try to identify the person around me with the least amount of love and try to be a vessel for better energies to flow to this individual. I thought people felt an uplift in spirit as I try to be a vessel of better energy flow.. but I never get to see the results in public. I just usually try to feel out what I've done, but never see the results on a stranger. That's why I wish I was apart of a group experimenting.

I couldn't agree more about how you can do this in a subtle manner. My first week of trying to 'energy heal' ( or whatever it may be called) I had no idea if I was actually helping or not. About a week after my first attempts I was shown something. My guides showed me how effective this is personally. Let me explain. One day I was feeling depressed and very low, I walked into an auto shop with a waiting room of about 5 people. I felt my emotion being changed by a great force, and I thought maybe someone is trying to 'energy heal' me. I kept looking around at the people trying to notice something. But everything was absolutely subtle. No indication whatsoever except the feeling of my emotion changing. Anyway my guides pointed this out to me and showed me how effective this can be. I was curious at the time and had no clue if I was going crazy or I was on to something. They made it clear to me their can be great use of this.

You break this down into more of a science then I could possibly imagine. Which is helpful. So I thank you.

Much LOVE,
zach
"Why try to use the wrong tool for the job when you have just the perfect tool. If only you would pick it up and learn to use it." -TA
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Zachary wrote:I wish I could grab a group of people and experiment but the only people I have to talk about spiritual ideas are the people on this MB. I wish I was a witness to your episodes of healing.

When in public, I usually try to identify the person around me with the least amount of love and try to be a vessel for better energies to flow to this individual. I thought people felt an uplift in spirit as I try to be a vessel of better energy flow.. but I never get to see the results in public. I just usually try to feel out what I've done, but never see the results on a stranger. That's why I wish I was apart of a group experimenting.

Hi Zach,

I understand the desire to share spiritual experiences with a group and believe that your desire will ultimately be fulfilled. More and more people are opening up to their inner sources and it is completely conceivable that you will begin to discover people around you who share similar hopes. Hang in there.

You are already more of a healer than I am. You work at it. Your technique of offering Love to the least is wonderful. I can't help but think that type of conscious effort will maximize your healing potential as rapidly as possible.The few experiences I've had were dramatic enough that even a fairly obtuse dummy like myself sort of figured out what just happened after the fact. I occasionally use those skills intentionally and though I seldom perceive immediate results I'm often told at a later time that changes did occur. Part of the equation of healing is that if Love is drawn through your heart's access you experience some personal change just as much (or maybe more than) as the person in need. Sometimes those reciprocal changes are delightful but sometimes the results feel more like the light of truth shining on the weakest aspect of your spiritual nature. Ugh.

Welles
Welles
Family

A Circuit of Love

Post by Welles »

Well The Science of Love Experiment is dead! :shock:

OK it isn't actually dead but has just undergone a serious makeover. The first few people who were interested let me know that my presentation was much too complex and bookish. Sigh. I liked it. Oh well. After thinking and feeling about it for a while I requested some guidance from Old Sparky (my inner guide) and the idea was simplified and clarified. It has become a presentation entitled A Circuit of Love. As there are a couple of graphic elements and the formatting is important so I'll offer a PDF rather than try and recreate it here.

Download A Circuit of Love PDF here...

At present the dozen participants who will make up the first group are figuring out a date and time. I'll report on the results of the event.

Welles
Welles
Family

I sent out the Circle of Love and this is my first feedback

Post by Welles »

I sent out the Circuit of Love pdf... a day later I recieved this email from the woman who is hosting the first gathering.

"interesting timing....just got this in my inbox....

'Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction.' — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

One of the most powerful things you can do is change the way you see others around you. This is how you begin to cultivate empathy- not by focusing on how life should adhere to your desires, but by letting go of those things and opening yourself up to a wider, more generous perspective. From empathy blooms compassion, and from compassion, blooms love- real love. Empathy elevates, inspiring dignity, not pity.

Learning to let go of your own perspective and embracing another is key to creating happiness. By opening up your world-view to accommodate another experience, you remove your personal blinders, and expand your perspective. This in turn leads to more loving, open and rewarding relationships with all the people in your life."

It happens to be one of my favorite quotes about Love. That email describes exactly what this project is designed to accomplish. 8)

Welles
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hello Welles,
I could have quoted your entire post..so much good stuff there... I want to remember this...have it etched on my brain and even better, my heart!
One of the most powerful things you can do is change the way you see others around you. This is how you begin to cultivate empathy- not by focusing on how life should adhere to your desires, but by letting go of those things and opening yourself up to a wider, more generous perspective. From empathy blooms compassion, and from compassion, blooms love- real love. Empathy elevates, inspiring dignity, not pity.

Learning to let go of your own perspective and embracing another is key to creating happiness. By opening up your world-view to accommodate another experience, you remove your personal blinders, and expand your perspective. This in turn leads to more loving, open and rewarding relationships with all the people in your life."
Powerful, "stuff" Welles!... and much needed from this "little girl" in Australia. ...Thank you! :D
Love,
Sandy
I hope that your experiment with the circuit of Love will proceed and then exceed all expectations... :bana:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Here's a Daily Devotion from Lytske's wonderful book that addresses the value of learning Love. :loves

A Prime Example.

Open your heart towards a greater understanding, not only of yourself, but of others.

Understanding is another part of self-mastery when you put the reactive self out of the way, and try to understand the aching hearts of others. In this manner you begin to more clearly discern, and understand, their motivations and behaviors.

This is another difficult lesson to master, but it is through understanding of the motivation of others that unconditional love can blossom in your heart.

Selfishness flees when one human heart can speak to another human heart. Words are often not necessary, because of the energy of unconditional love and understanding, which flows from your heart, and touches another.

Your beloved Jesus was, and is, a prime example of this. He was, and is, a Master in reading the human heart, and whilst in the flesh He ministered to them as He passed by. Having been in His presence for just a while uplifted many a soul, because He exuded love.

This love can truly be cultivated on this needy planet, where true, altruistic, unconditional love among humans is very rare indeed. You too are needy, and in need of being understood.

Pray for more love to emanate from your being. The more love you give away in understanding others, the more love you gain for yourself, as this is reciprocal from on High, for there is never a vacuum in love energy.

The universe is built on love and understanding.

Keep coming to Me for further insights and training.

Lytske (2012-05-03). The Guiding Light Within - Wayshower to Spirituality (The 11:11 Documents) (Kindle Locations 2642-2655). 11.11 Publishers. Kindle Edition.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh Welles! My heart is so full as I read that...How I want to exude love and am praying for it as we speak. :kiss:
Thank you!
:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Well I promised to report on the Circuit of Love attempt. It never happened. Once again I felt a potential that wasn't realized. In a sense the Universe said "Not right now." I tried to create "A Circuit of Love" while I was caught up in helping at the end of a really good friend's life. That took six months and occupied a great deal of attention, both physically and emotionally. Then the woman who was planning to host the event suddenly had a family member experience a medical crisis that reuqired her to make frequent trips away from the area. Of course her attention too was diverted.

I've tried and 'failed' many times to create events of spiritual value. Each time apparent failure presages a period of personal growth. I'll discover motivations in my emotional unconscious that require illumination and work. These periods of internal inquiry are the hard work of growing. I embrace them because each leaves me slightly more real.

The funny thing is that real experiences of spiritual advancement continue to happen. I just can't tell what they will be before they happen. Mostly I don't recognize them until after the fact.

Just today I read a fine little article by Stephenie Zamora entitled, "Are You Ahead of Your Time?" When you look at your failures, if they are a sincere attempt to discover truth, create beauty or do goodness, rather than failure, think "It just isn't my time, yet." In the fullness of your existence all your potentials will be completely realized.

"Are You Ahead of Your Time?" by Stephenie Zamora

http://www.positivelypositive.com/2014/ ... your-time/

Welles

P.S. I haven't given up. I'm just waiting for the right time. :roll:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

This article and the following sentence you wrote, Welles, really struck home ...
"In the fullness of your existence all your potentials will be completely realized."
Takes a lot of stress out of life doesn't it?

I found this short essay very encouraging and helpful as who hasn't felt a failure when you see plans and dreams dematerialize before your eyes. (sounds sort of "Star Trekie" but that is the way it feels and sometimes the more your reach to try to save them the faster they disappear.

This is a topic truly I haven't seen much thought on...but one that affects us all. Thank you Welles. (It's 222 on my desk clock :D )
(((((((HUGS))))))))
Sandy