Doing the Will of God — by Welles Goodrich

This is a forum for posting Spiritual essays of human thought and experience. Please do not post celestial messages here or copy written material without the owner’s permission.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Doing the Will of God — by Welles Goodrich

Post by Welles »

Doing the Will of God

I’ve read this phrase over and over in spiritual and religious texts and yet a sense of real meaning eluded me until recently. I suspect part of my blocked comprehension was an emotional rejection for so often that phrase is used as a means of controlling other people. It seemed to me that someone announcing that they were ‘doing God’s will’ almost automatically meant they weren’t.

And yet I was sure there must be something there. I didn’t obsess over my obliviousness but that concept sort of sat there in the background and got kind of moldy, a little like a forgotten leftover in the back of my spiritual refrigerator. Recently I started wondering once more about the meaning of that phrase.

Because I have no illusion of comprehending The Creator, I began closer to home and started thinking about ‘my will’. It seemed to me that I have two centers of consciousness that are associated with will. I have emotional will located in the solar plexus. That has to do with the material universe and desire. “I want, therefore I am”. This aspect of will is vitally important to plain old animal survival in addition to participating in manifesting heart felt goals. The Mind is the center that focuses my attention. The Heart, of course is the third center of will. It is our access to Love.

Long ago, I learned to quiet my mind at will. That allowed my heart to open. There I chose a set of values to be the motivators of my actions. At the time I chose Beauty, Truth and Humor. These have turned out to be the primary elements of my existence. I consciously chose them... I willed them and they became the foundation of my personal universe.

With that realization I understood that God’s Will is Love. His Love is infinite and eternal. Infinite Love encompasses every aspect of goodness in the whole of creation. It is primal; indeed, Love is the root quality of all Creation.

Every time I’m creating with Love, I’m doing ‘The Will of God’ although my efforts are extremely modest and incomplete reflections of the Creator’s Love.

My Heart is the center that tunes my existence. My Mind becomes a receptor of inspiration and envisions the practical manifestation of inspired direction. My Emotions then become the third element of Will. The solar plexus, my Emotional center, is where I feel the qualities, attributes and harmonies of the material realm. When these three centers are acting as one it is the closest I can get to ‘Doing the Will of God’

:loves :loves :loves
happyrain
Family

Re: Doing the Will of God — by Welles Goodrich

Post by happyrain »

Beautiful Welles. It's always good to read your own perspective. I still appreciate all the gems you share and the communities/artist you connect us to, like awakin.org or Leunig... But it's especially nice when you bring your personality to the show.

:happy
Fear grips when Love falls short of Infinity
Sandy
Staff

Re: Doing the Will of God — by Welles Goodrich

Post by Sandy »

:loves :loves :loves

Welles, this hits home for me as someone who has used that phrase before and not really thought about the contained depth of meanings...
With that realization I understood that God’s Will is Love. His Love is infinite and eternal. Infinite Love encompasses every aspect of goodness in the whole of creation. It is primal; indeed, Love is the root quality of all Creation.
:happy
Thank you, Welles.

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.