A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

August 21

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P122_8

:idea: On reflecting that historians (and others) doubt that December 25 is Jesus' birthday,
an intriguing UB dissemination opportunity arises for certain public venues
(cafés, cafeterias, coffee shops, community centers, ...)

:cheers: Host a "Today is Jesus' Birthday!" table, offering free birthday cake and drinks.

The purpose is to inspire discussion without proselytizing the UB; materials
that discuss other dates could be shared - even a pamphlet that summarizes
the different theories currently proposed.

The theme is a lighthearted "Have cake and celebrate with us!" :roll
(some visiting males named "Jesus" may have the same birth day
.. and arrive ready to celebrate anyway) ;)

Note: Pictures of Jesus may detract from the ambience since
they immediately create a religious theme when the intent
is casual reflection on the birth day possibilities.

Rod :D
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: August 21

Post by Amigoo »

:sunny: After the Jesus' birthday celebration ...

On my way to visit a friend after our August 21st party, the car on my right (and slightly ahead of me) made a right turn into a side street but blocking the view of the car waiting to cross the street. That car darted in front of me, proving for the first time that my anti-lock brakes work! (I stopped one inch in front of that "bad boy" car).

:idea: Being aware that a dangerous moment was at hand probably gave me an extra second to prepare for a sudden stop; otherwise I would have driven into the driver's door. After more reflection later, I sensed (or was "informed") that the car was going to cross my path - the car turning right also blocked my view of the car waiting to cross.

While thankful that I reacted so quickly (and learned for the first time that my old Honda Civic's anti-lock brakes worked), I'm now aware that I could have started slowing as soon as I sensed danger. But ... two seconds is not much time to make the best decision - driving instinct had to dominate! :roll:

Much later back home, a final upgrade to the "Eye of Pi" geometry* (Re: Paradise Trinity Day topic), confirmed that all is well ... until I crashed onto the kitchen floor while trying to capture a large cockroach that had entered from my sunroom. Thereafter, with the visitor's whereabouts unknown, "all is well" again: I rationalized a generous serving of party-leftover vanilla and chocolate ice cream (with chopped walnuts). :roll

Rod ... :bike: ... (old ride but still functional) :D
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: August 21

Post by Sandy »

Rod, I'm glad to hear that you have such a great reaction time and that your anti lock brakes have done you proud. :bike:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.