The benefits of reading the Urantia Book

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The benefits of reading the Urantia Book

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod,

I am smiling over here as I ask you to look at the title again of the channeled message.

“Truly the Most Confused in the Local Universe.”

Could it possibly be that George is chuckling as he demonstrates another way a human can confuse what is in front of them. How easy it is for us to see what we want to see, hear what we want to hear with interpretations and reasoning perhaps only our subconscious would know the reasons why...

Thank you, for sharing your research on the subject, leaving little doubt that Edgar Cayce probably was not the sleeping subject.. :sunflower:
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Amigoo writes: George, is this your presumption today?

Not at all. I only knew Edgar Cayce as a sleeping subject. And I recognized his rear-lit profile in the dark.

There was no doubt about Christie ! Absolutely not. She had a lot of light on her face.

Some doubt about Doc Sadler. He had either a beard or a large fluffy tie, but he was much in the dark.

Others quoted Wilfred Harvey Kellogg just recently, but I never found a profile picture of him.

Again, no, I reported what I was shown. I was interested in the methods used as the UB (which I found in 1997 or 1998)
confirmed the 1,111 which I knew so well . . . since 1972.

God bless . . .
George.

:bigsmurf:
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

Thanks, George.

I was trying to picture Dr. Sadler's beard tie ...
"BOSS" got my attention:

http://www.themost10.com/epic-beard-sculptures/

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunny: This morning's meditation ...

"And this duty of man is expressed in two great privileges: sincere worship of the infinite Creator, the Paradise Father, and loving service bestowed upon one’s fellow men. If you love your neighbor as you love yourself, you really know that you are a son of God." (142:4.2)
See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P142_4_2

:idea: If UB dissemination - however, wherever, and by whom performed - achieves successful delivery of this message,
then the sublime essence of our planet's "fifth epochal revelation" has been disseminated. ;)

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Entrepreneur Alert!
"Ancestral Frog" (AncestralFrog.com, re: UB 62:3.9)
would make a good name for a UB-related Arts & Crafts site.

:shock: ... but faster than a frog's tongue capture of a flutterby,
the AncestralFrog.com domain was reserved for such use. ;)

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P062_3_9

Rod :bounce:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Re: http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=26176

Re: Chicago, U.S of A, August 21, 2016.
Subject: “Aspirations for Urantia.”

"truths of higher revelation from the Urantia Papers that were brought to your world" 8)

More evidence that these (or many) "Midwayer messages" are in sync with the UB.
Interestingly, this message refers to "Urantia Papers" - not "Book".
(because "Book" is the human compilation of the delivered Papers?)

Rod :D
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.amazon.com/HP-Stream-14-ax0 ... ref=sr_1_2

:sunflower: Excellent Windows 10 starter! ("streaming notebook computer")
... but designed primarily for internet surfin' and email.

The 32 GB hard drive is limiting but storage can be expanded with an SD card (try 64GB or larger)
and the lack of CD Drive is easily resolved with an external USB-connected drive like this:
https://www.amazon.com/Dell-DW316-Exter ... ef=sr_1_13

The 14"screen seems just right - not too small - not too large.
Also accepts external mouse, monitor, and keyboard via its 3 USB ports (one is 3.0).
Free word processing via its Notepad and Wordpad features.

This is a notebook computer - not typical (and more expensive) laptop. ;)

:cheers: A free UB study aid for this Notebook:
Re: http://www.wdjt.org/index.html
Click on "WDJT" in "WDJT.html" and save .TXT file as WDJT.html" to your SD card.
Then create a shortcut to this file for the desktop (name it WDJT).

Open WDJT with browser (Firefox is great!) to read these UB Papers
that are designed as a "What did Jesus teach?" study aid.
Blue references, like (126.4), are links via point & click.
The keyboard's Home and End keys go there.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:shock: Posted on a UB email exchange after I shared a recent 1111angels Message from Celestial Teachers:
"I do not think that extra-Urantia Book teachings belong on this list any more than political discussions."

:idea: Well ... (and turning lemons into lemonade): "e-UB" is suddenly a label to wear proudly! ...
since "extra" also means "more than", "next level", etc.

I find it quite amusing that alternative perspective about angels, midwayers, et al. should be
equated with "political discussion" and be considered taboo in a major UB discussion group. :(

:cheers: Nonetheless ... "e-UB" is a priceless gift for 1111angels and related sites!
Wear it proudly for it identifies this century's new wave of UB dissemination! 8)

Rod :rambo:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

:D Good Morning Rod!
:cheers: Nonetheless ... "e-UB" is a priceless gift for 1111angels and related sites!
Wear it proudly for it identifies this century's new wave of UB dissemination! 8)
:cheers: :sunflower: :bana:

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://aitnaru.org/homepage/celebration.html

:idea: An example of how "~e-UB" might be displayed.

Color associations with Michael's bestowals are not revealed by the Papers,
instead being inspired creativity: Rainbow colors are reversed to associate
color frequencies (1st bestowal associated with highest frequencies).

:colors: ROYGBIV Colors, Frequencies

Red 435-495
Orange 595-515
Yellow 515-535
Green 535-630
Blue 630-660
Indigo 660-680
Violet 680-740

8) That red is associated with Michael's Urantia bestowal
is fortuitous since Christmas is the historical event.
(as believed before arrival of our UB Revelation)

Note: "~" in "~e-UB" was added for "e thereal" essence, :roll:
alluding to interaction with our celestial companions.
[more inspired creativity at this very moment]

Rod ... :bike: ...
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:lol: On 11/12/2016 9:21 AM, Gary B. wrote:

What does a thesaurus eat for breakfast? A synonym roll !

:idea: On 11/12/2016 9:23 AM, Rod wrote:

"What does a thesaurus eat for breakfast? A synonym roll !"
(often served at Mensa breakfast clubs)

What are Mensa members called on Mansonia? Mensonians.
(who eat multilingual thesaurii for breakfast)

:lol: :lol:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

8) Re: http://1god.com/2016/11/26/

Informative holiday reading - the archeological clues are impressive,
making this an article to be savored (especially for Christmas) - not just scanned.

:idea: For contrast, the "recently" revealed story:
http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P122_0

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Oh that was a wonderful article, Rod. Thank you! I about cried when I saw the photo of Jesus's boyhood home. It is so moving! :happy
I wanted to try and find more photos taken by the Steve of the archeological site and in searching found this article written by the same lady. (Still looking for the photos. )

http://www.smh.com.au/world/the-mystery ... 2gxim.html

Perhaps her Joanna Kujawa's book holds more photos. I may just have to look that one up. :finger:
xxSandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Re: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... chers.html

"The ancient books were found in 2008 in a cave in northern Jordan by a Jordanian Bedouin, after which they are said to have been acquired by an Israeli Bedouin.

The lead 'pages' - known as codices - are held together like a ring binder. The pages are thought to be 2,000 years old and are said to contain the earliest mentions of Jesus Christ, including an image."

:idea: Here's an interesting archaeological point (use of the cross symbol):
http://www.templestudy.com/2011/03/29/d ... lates-bbc/

(comment by larryco_, March 30, 2011)
"As I’ve read and pondered this find some more, I find one prominent part of the most talked about plate curious: at the forefront of it is the cross. From everything I’ve ever read, the earliest Christians did not feature the cross in their depictions. It doesn’t show up in the earliest Christian catacombs and seems to be a later addition to Christian symbolism, preceded by the fish symbol (with it’s greek c-x symbolism). If they are authentic, this might move the earliest date to the 3rd century, despite the initial rust analysis, which would still be really cool."

8) Very recent commentary on the lead codices and the 2011 article:
http://www.thesleuthjournal.com/2000-yo ... existence/

"However, this artifact will not be readily accepted by many in the Christian church. It has already undergone intense scrutiny and claims of forgery. But new testing proves that it cannot be so easily dismissed, and does authenticate to the historical period in question."

"Central to the books is the idea that Christ promoted worship in Solomon’s Temple where the very face of God was believed to be seen"
~ ~ ~

:sunny: Of course, "face of God" was an accurate belief about Jesus, relative to our Urantia revelation. The UB mentions Jesus in Solomon's Temple multiple times:

"Although his disciples had not expected Jesus to attend the feast, the vast majority of the pilgrims from afar who had heard of him entertained the hope that they might see him at Jerusalem. And they were not disappointed, for on several occasions he taught in Solomon’s Porch and elsewhere in the temple courts. These teachings were really the official or formal announcement of the divinity of Jesus to the Jewish people and to the whole world." (162:1.9)

"On the afternoon of the last day of the feast and after the apostles had failed in their efforts to persuade him to flee from Jerusalem, Jesus again went into the temple to teach. Finding a large company of believers assembled in Solomon’s Porch, he spoke to them, saying: 'If my words abide in you and you are minded to do the will of my Father, then are you truly my disciples. You shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.'" (162:7.1-2)

"All of the time this Sabbath-breaking session of the Sanhedrin was in progress in one of the temple chambers, Jesus was walking about near at hand, teaching the people in Solomon’s Porch" (164:5.1)

See also:
http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P162_1_9
http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P162_7_1
http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P164_5_1
~ ~ ~

:!: Thus, the lead codices may not be forgeries but neither are they precise commentary on the then recently departed Jesus of Nazareth, instead probably being a compilation of reports/beliefs about Jesus.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Another perspective ...

"1. The Gospel by Mark. John Mark wrote the earliest (excepting the notes of Andrew), briefest, and most simple record of Jesus’ life. He presented the Master as a minister, as man among men. Although Mark was a lad lingering about many of the scenes which he depicts, his record is in reality the Gospel according to Simon Peter. He was early associated with Peter; later with Paul. Mark wrote this record at the instigation of Peter and on the earnest petition of the church at Rome. Knowing how consistently the Master refused to write out his teachings when on earth and in the flesh, Mark, like the apostles and other leading disciples, was hesitant to put them in writing. But Peter felt the church at Rome required the assistance of such a written narrative, and Mark consented to undertake its preparation. He made many notes before Peter died in A.D. 67, and in accordance with the outline approved by Peter and for the church at Rome, he began his writing soon after Peter’s death. The Gospel was completed near the end of A.D. 68. Mark wrote entirely from his own memory and Peter’s memory. The record has since been considerably changed, numerous passages having been taken out and some later matter added at the end to replace the latter one fifth of the original Gospel, which was lost from the first manuscript before it was ever copied. This record by Mark, in conjunction with Andrew’s and Matthew’s notes, was the written basis of all subsequent Gospel narratives which sought to portray the life and teachings of Jesus." (121:8.3)

:study: See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P121_8

With Jesus having forbidden his apostles to write about him, and their beginning efforts decades after Jesus' death, indicate that no document (for decades) could have been the authenticated original. Thus, how can any document in the early centuries post-Resurrection be called a forgery?! Forgery of what? ;)

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "Furthermore, is it not our mission to integrate revelation with evolution, with the latter involving religion, science and philosophy."
(posted here only because the comment relates to the UB, but this focus is on how the brain works)

My (edited) response after reading the sentence:

:( "Darned new bifocals late at night, long past bedtime! 'is it not' became 'it is not' (our mission ...).

Interestingly, my four-finger typing sometimes transposes letters - I didn't know that the brain could complement with similar transposition of words. Also fascinating about how the brain processes information: Had a question mark terminated the sentence (correct punctuation for "is it not"), I might have been informed to recheck my understanding of the sentence (analysis of text that often happens subconsciously)." 8)

:idea: One more observation about writing (email, in particular where editing is limited for prompt sending): Occasionally, I'll type a paragraph, recheck it two or three times, then discover after sending that a small word (usually) is missing.

Apparently, the brain "inserts" the missing word for the recheck ... and can do this multiple times! In this case, brain definitely demonstrates control of vision (Duh! Vision has long been known as a component of the brain). But this also hints that the brain - by lifelong training - can overrule sensory input, convincing us that what is real does not exist (consider psychic skills ... even disbelieved "channeling").

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: When contemplating what missions individuals might have in dissemination of our Revelation,
this quote provides guidance ... since persons - not organizations - can actually live such a life:

"Of all human knowledge, that which is of greatest value is to know the religious life of Jesus and how he lived it." (196:1.3)

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P196_1_3

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Thank you Rod. ;) You didn't realize it but you provided an answer for me in your post this morning. :hithere
xxSandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunny: These quotes not only confirm the UB's inclusion of human sources and explain why much of the quoted material is edited for better presentation, but also challenge UB wordsmiths to identify the thousand human concepts (many of which may already exist in Matthew Block's Parallel Studies*):

"we are to be guided by the mandate of the superuniverse rulers which directs that we shall, in all our efforts to reveal truth and co-ordinate essential knowledge, give preference to the highest existing human concepts pertaining to the subjects to be presented. We may resort to pure revelation only when the concept of presentation has had no adequate previous expression by the human mind." (F:12.11)

"we have selected as the basis of these papers more than one thousand human concepts representing the highest and most advanced planetary knowledge of spiritual values and universe meanings. Wherein these human concepts, assembled from the God-knowing mortals of the past and the present, are inadequate to portray the truth as we are directed to reveal it, we will unhesitatingly supplement them" (F:12.12)

"In carrying out my commission to restate the teachings and retell the doings of Jesus of Nazareth, I have drawn freely upon all sources of record and planetary information. My ruling motive has been to prepare a record which will not only be enlightening to the generation of men now living, but which may also be helpful to all future generations. From the vast store of information made available to me, I have chosen that which is best suited to the accomplishment of this purpose. As far as possible I have derived my information from purely human sources." (121:8.12)

:arrow: See also:
http://www.theub.org/foreword.html#P000_12_11
http://www.theub.org/foreword.html#P000_12_12
http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P121_8_12

* Matthew's new web site: http://www.urantiabooksources.com/

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:scratch: World's first alphabet?

Re: https://christiantruther.com/podcast/an ... nt-exodus/

"These slabs could be the first 'alphabet' in the world ... Israelites living in Egypt transformed the civilization’s hieroglyphics into 'Hebrew 1.0'"

"That would have happened more than 3,800 years ago, at a time when the Old Testament describes Jews living in Egypt. Hebrew speakers, seeking a way to communicate in writing with other Egyptian Jews, simplified the pharaohs’ complex hieroglyphic writing system into 22 alphabetic letters."

:shock: ... but still LONG after the "house of Fad" (about 500,000 years ago):

"4. The faculty on dissemination and conservation of knowledge. This group organized and directed the purely educational endeavors of those early ages. It was presided over by Fad. The educational methods of Fad consisted in supervision of employment accompanied by instruction in improved methods of labor. Fad formulated the first alphabet and introduced a writing system. This alphabet contained twenty-five characters.

For writing material these early peoples utilized tree barks, clay tablets, stone slabs, a form of parchment made of hammered hides, and a crude form of paperlike material made from wasps’ nests. The Dalamatia library, destroyed soon after the Caligastia disaffection, comprised more than two million separate records and was known as the 'house of Fad.'" (66:5.9)

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P066_5_9

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.thejesusbrotherhood.com/

Interesting site, presenting text from Part IV of the Urantia Book ("The Life and Teachings of Jesus").
Notice how the background color of the pages complements the story and pictures! 8)

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P122_7

Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I enjoyed the Jesus brotherhood site and found myself enthralled once again as I read about Jesus's life as portrayed in the fourth section of the Urantia book.
Thanks for posting this. I think I will book mark this for future reference.
xxSandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.thejesusbrotherhood.com/

:!: On the other hand ...
What's displayed are extracts from Paper 122, in a different order:

7. The Trip to Bethlehem
6. Jesus’ Childhood Home at Nazareth
1. Joseph and Mary—Their Ancestries and Temperaments
3. Gabriel Appears to Mary, and (4.) Joseph’s Dream
2. Gabriel Appears to Elizabeth, Mother of John the Baptist

:study: From the Urantia Book, Paper 122:
See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P122_0

1. Joseph and Mary
2. Gabriel Appears to Elizabeth
3. Gabriel’s Announcement to Mary
4. Joseph’s Dream
5. Jesus’ Earth Parents
6. The Home at Nazareth
7. The Trip to Bethlehem
8. The Birth of Jesus
9. The Presentation in the Temple
10. Herod Acts

:o The "problem" (at least, UB dissemination challenge) ...

Part IV is the intended revelation - not some of its text (copied in large segments). A courtesy link to the full text would be appreciated by the revelators (and departed human participants) of this Revelation's birth ... or at least the site creator's justification for spoonin' the Revelation in a few tasty bites without a hint of the true recipe's source.

Consider: What commercial product would you buy (or even try) without identification other than WYSIWYG? And if you savored a few packets, how would find the rest of this revelatory offering (formally presented in its entirety with the 1955 publication) ... or even know if the reader should "Wait! There's more!" ... somewhere.

;) On the other hand ...
(re: http://www.thejesusbrotherhood.com/the- ... m/#respond ) ...

This site appears to be still "in development", perhaps with a Grand Opening planned for ... whenever.

Rod :rambo:
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Logically, there must be much greater human participation in the Reserve Corps of Destiny*:

Consider the odds of the celestials having anticipated a far-distant event, then "rehearsed" one individual for such participation ... and even choreographed their life to have them in position to be of unique service when that event occurs. Many more thousands of humans would have to have been trained/positioned to prevent all the critical events that could occur (since they are not a Superman/woman who can fly to the scene). :roll:

;) Perhaps, the Reserve Corps includes individuals trained/rehearsed for more significant events and a much larger corps of "bit-players" stands ready and serves for all the other events. Also, since secondary midwayers - even angels - can sometimes interact with our material reality, they might serve as unseen participants in events not of "Reserve Corps" significance.

Bottom line: Those who desire to so serve, probably do ... whether members of the Reserve Corps or not. 8)

* See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P114_7

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

there must be much greater human participation in the Reserve Corps of Destiny
:sunflower: More perspective ...

The words of Paper 114:7 were written long before the 1955 UB publication, thus describing how things used to be. Thereafter (post-revelation, a new era), many more people know how the universe works, especially regarding human/celestial participation - universe teamwork . That "extended" Reserve Corps participation would exist seems quite reasonable.