Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: The benefits of reading the Urantia Book

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.ncregister.com/interview/lo ... -societies

"Longtime Exorcist: Satanism Is Growing in Western Societies" :o

"Faith deprived of the belief in the existence of the devil is not genuine because the existence of angels is a truth of faith, and the devil is a fallen angel. I am very clear from this point of view. Whoever denies the existence of the devil is a heretic. Obviously, the devil is not at the center of the faith, but his figure is indispensable to understand the mystery of faith."

"I sometimes wonder how a priest can remain faithful to his vocation without believing in the devil.
It makes (the priest) a kind of social worker, but nothing more." :roll:

:study: The devil did exist* but had a different life: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P066

"The doctrine of a personal devil on Urantia, though it had some foundation in the planetary presence
of the traitorous and iniquitous Caligastia, was nevertheless wholly fictitious in its teachings that
such a 'devil' could influence the normal human mind against its free and natural choosing." (66:8.6)

* "The Ancients on High and the Judges of the Super Universe realms
have spoken and the rebellious ones are no more." viewtopic.php?f=2&t=30004

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-ii.html#P053_1_4

"Very little was heard of Lucifer on Urantia owing to the fact that he assigned his first lieutenant, Satan, to advocate his cause on your planet. Satan was a member of the same primary group of Lanonandeks but had never functioned as a System Sovereign; he entered fully into the Lucifer insurrection. The 'devil' is none other than Caligastia, the deposed Planetary Prince of Urantia and a Son of the secondary order of Lanonandeks.

At the time Michael (Jesus, the Son of Man) was on Urantia in the flesh, Lucifer, Satan, and Caligastia were leagued together to effect the miscarriage of his bestowal mission." (53:1.4)

Rod :)
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:rendeer: It's that time of year, when you might recall,
the most famous reigndear of all ... Joshua ben Joseph.

[ Jesus' name until translated in the early records of his life ...
and hinting "perfected human soul of Joshua ben Joseph" (136:2.3)
is subtle notice of the successful completion of Jesus' human life
... since after his baptism, the UB refers only to "Jesus" ] :o

:study: UB quotes that refer to Joshua ben Joseph ...

"It is most unfortunate that those who have come to venerate the divine and risen Christ
should have overlooked the man — the valiant and courageous hero — Joshua ben Joseph." (92:7.12)

"The historic fact of the human life of Joshua ben Joseph, the reality of Jesus of Nazareth
as the glorified Christ, the Son of God." (98:7.8 )

"The activities of Adjusters in your local universe are directed by the Personalized Adjuster of Michael of Nebadon,
that very Monitor who guided him step by step when he lived his human life in the flesh of Joshua ben Joseph." (109:6.4)

"This same Adjuster now reflects in the inscrutable nature of his mighty personality
the prebaptismal humanity of Joshua ben Joseph" (109:6.6)

"Your Creator Son can actually be such a living channel from humanity to divinity since he has personally experienced
the fullness of the traversal of this universe path of progression, from the true humanity of Joshua ben Joseph,
the Son of Man, to the Paradise divinity of Michael of Nebadon, the Son of the infinite God." (117:3.4)

"Joshua ben Joseph, the Jewish baby, was conceived and was born into the world just as all other babies before and since
except that this particular baby was the incarnation of Michael of Nebadon, a divine Son of Paradise and the creator
of all this local universe of things and beings." (119:7.5)

"Joseph, the human father of Jesus (Joshua ben Joseph), was a Hebrew" (122:1.1)

"Joshua ben Joseph knew full well that he was a man, a mortal man, born of woman.
This is shown in the selection of his first title, the Son of Man." (128:1.2)

"Near the end of the mountain sojourn Jesus asked his Father if he might be permitted to hold conference
with his Satania enemies as the Son of Man, as Joshua ben Joseph." (134:8.6)

:sunflower: [Jesus was 31] "As John laid his hands upon Jesus to baptize him,
the indwelling Adjuster took final leave of the perfected human soul of Joshua ben Joseph." (136:2.3)

Note: After decades of UB study, significance of the departure of Jesus' adjuster became clear!

8) How subtle the UB reveals "Joshua ben Joseph" to "Jesus" transition! Not obvious
until collecting the quotes referring to "Joshua ben Joseph". And after his baptism,
Jesus truly "walked on water" considering significance of fusion with one's adjuster
(not Jesus because he was a Creator Son).

:idea: Incidentally, this subtle UB transition adds to the evidence that
no human author was the source of Part IV. ;)

To locate every quote in this text, substitute Paper:Section.Paragraph
in this link to Part III: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P092_7_12
or in this to Part IV: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P122_1_1
(Part III begins with Paper 057, Part IV with Paper 120)

:study: See also: https://www.pbs.org/video/what-was-jesu ... me-pfsrdr/
Compact history of the name "Jesus" (used since the 16th century) :o

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: More about Joshua ben Joseph ...

:idea: It's intriguing that, after decades of UB study, this subtle UB message appears!
That the post-baptism Jesus was effectively living as a post-fusion mortal. 8)

"Jesus spent the last three weeks of August and the first three weeks of September on Mount Hermon. During these weeks he finished the mortal task of achieving the circles of mind-understanding and personality-control. Throughout this period of communion with his heavenly Father the indwelling Adjuster also completed the assigned services. The mortal goal of this earth creature was there attained." (134:8.4)

"On an afternoon in late summer, amid the trees and in the silence of nature, Michael of Nebadon won the unquestioned sovereignty of his universe. On that day he completed the task set for Creator Sons to live to the full the incarnated life in the likeness of mortal flesh on the evolutionary worlds of time and space." (134:8.9)

:idea: Thus, Michael successfully completed the primary phase of his bestowal mission by age 31. That the UB then refers to him as "Jesus"
(despite his name remaining "Joshua ben Joseph") suggests that his divinity now became the true essence of his incarnation.

"At the end of this sojourn on the mountain ... he said only: 'The period of rest is over; I must return to my Father’s business.' " (134:8.10)

:idea: Consequently, Jesus, now continuing his "Father's business", could not fail in the final phase of his bestowal mission. And his six-week Mount Hermon communion hints that Urantia might some day declare this a special season of spiritual focus for enlightened mortals. ;)

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P134_8
Paper 134 - The Transition Years
8. The Sojourn on Mount Hermon

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.cnn.com/2020/12/11/asia/wha ... index.html

"This river in New Zealand is legally a person." :o

"For hundreds of years, Māori lived in settlements along the Whanganui River, which translates to 'big harbor' in Māori. The 290 kilometer (180 mile) waterway was central to their lives. It was where they fished and lived. The water was used to treat the sick. They considered the river an ancestor -- it was 'their source of food, their single highway, their spiritual mentor' "

:idea: Somehow, this makes it easier to understand how animals can be considered "persons".

See also: https://www.wellbeingintlstudiesreposit ... ontent.cgi
"Are animals persons?"

:scratch: Perhaps, "person" reflects evolving human recognition of creature rights,
yet the identification of "human vs. animal" remains:

"Man’s mentality far transcends that of his animal cousins, but it is his moral and religious natures
that especially distinguish him from the animal world." (16:7.1)

"Jesus said: 'The dog has a mind which can know material man, his master, but cannot know God, who is spirit;
therefore the dog does not possess a spiritual nature and cannot enjoy a spiritual experience.' " (130:2.8 )

... and this discussion hints that robots (and space aliens) will never be "human". ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: More about Joshua ben Joseph ...

Morning wordplay ...

:idea: After Jesus' baptism he was no longer just "Joshua ben Joseph" but a "changed bee",
a local universe "new Be" (pronounced "newbie" but not inexperienced) of the order IAM. ;)

"The Master, during the course of this final prayer with his apostles, alluded to the fact that he had manifested the Father’s name to the world. And that is truly what he did by the revelation of God through his perfected life in the flesh. The Father in heaven had sought to reveal himself to Moses, but he could proceed no further than to cause it to be said, 'I AM.' (182:1.9)

I am the bread of life.
I am the living water.
I am the light of the world.
I am the desire of all ages.
I am the open door to eternal salvation.
I am the reality of endless life.
I am the good shepherd.
I am the pathway of infinite perfection.
I am the resurrection and the life.
I am the secret of eternal survival.
I am the way, the truth, and the life.
I am the infinite Father of my finite children.
I am the true vine; you are the branches.
I am the hope of all who know the living truth.
I am the living bridge from one world to another.
I am the living link between time and eternity."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Jesus’ Teaching about the Kingdom (170:4)

"Jesus never gave a precise definition of the kingdom. At one time he would discourse on one phase of the kingdom, and at another time he would discuss a different aspect of the brotherhood of God’s reign in the hearts of men. In the course of this Sabbath afternoon’s sermon Jesus noted no less than five phases, or epochs, of the kingdom, and they were:

1. The personal and inward experience of the spiritual life of the fellowship of the individual believer with God the Father.
2. The enlarging brotherhood of gospel believers, the social aspects of the enhanced morals and quickened ethics resulting from the reign of God’s spirit in the hearts of individual believers.
3. The supermortal brotherhood of invisible spiritual beings which prevails on earth and in heaven, the superhuman kingdom of God.
4. The prospect of the more perfect fulfillment of the will of God, the advance toward the dawn of a new social order in connection with improved spiritual living — the next age of man.
5. The kingdom in its fullness, the future spiritual age of light and life on earth.

The Master ... placed emphasis on the following five points as representing the cardinal features of the gospel of the kingdom:

1. The pre-eminence of the individual.
2. The will as the determining factor in man’s experience.
3. Spiritual fellowship with God the Father.
4. The supreme satisfactions of the loving service of man.
5. The transcendency of the spiritual over the material in human personality."

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P170_4
Paper 170 - The Kingdom of Heaven
4. Jesus’ Teaching about the Kingdom.

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

I just wanted to say thank you to you, Rod, for your tireless and very thoughtful contributions in this forum. :sunflower:
You bless our lives.

May you too be blessed in all ways. :happy

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:love Thanks, Sandy!

I usually do quick research on my copy of this HTML file,
then note Paper:Section.paragraph and insert it into
the corresponding link to the same text online.

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.investmentwatchblog.com/san ... the-truth/

"Children Deserve To Know The Truth" :rendeer:

"In other words, try to break it to your kids gently that you have been blatantly lying to them for their entire lives. And once a child realizes that you have been lying about Santa for so many years, they will naturally wonder what else you have been lying about. In particular, many kids may begin to have doubts about God once they realize that everything they learned about Santa was entirely untrue."

OMG! (Oops! a pun) Santa exists in a young child's era where magic can easily supersede reality!
And God becomes more real later as Santa quickly fades into cherished childhood memories. ;)
Besides, when is gift giving something "not nice" to learn :?: :!:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.theub.org/foreword.html#mind
:scratch: Who knew? that this UB topic pairs so well with ...

https://www.thegreatcoursesplus.com/ori ... human-mind
The Great Courses - "Origins of the Human Mind"
presented by Stephen P. Hinshaw, Ph.D.

:idea: The UB is revelatory regarding "mind"
and at least answers "Where is mind?" 8)

:roll This new article about "Vector Trace" brain cells
may correlate with the brain's natural "pattern recognition":
https://www.studyfinds.org/gps-mind-vec ... ain-cells/
"Scientists discover new distance-detecting ‘Vector Trace’ brain cells"

:geek: Tip: All A-Z topics begin with a period '.'
Since browsers provide a Find option, just type the search word
with a leading period to go directly to any topic in this list, 8)
then select sub-topic and click on (P:S.p) to go to the text.
(P:S.p) = (Paper:Section.paragraph)

:study: Of course, 'P:S.p' is another convenient Find option :roll
to go to any Paper:Section.paragraph in current page (UB Part).
Part I: 1-31, Part II: 32-56, Part III: 57-119, Part IV: 120-196

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Christmas contemplation ...

For two millennia it has been accepted that divinity had incarnated into humanity*. How did it escape Church history that such divinity would therefore continue after the death of that humanity? That "He died." could only mean "He still lives as a divine Son!"
* a "virgin birth" is not evidence of human procreation. :roll:

:idea: More Christmas contemplation ...

While a "virgin birth" is not evidence of divinity, Jesus later revealed that he was a divine Son. In AD 29 Jesus tells his apostles that he is divine (with divinity at birth - not acquired during his mortal life): "And again he charged them, for the time being, that they should tell no man that he was the Son of God." ( http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P157_4_5 )

:idea: Final Christmas contemplation ...

The point seems that we now have sufficient enlightenment to transition from "He died for me!" to "He lived for me!"
... but "He suffered for me!" is still respectful. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:hithere Modern talking birds seem to confirm the UB's fandor revelation:

"The early races also make extensive use of the larger flying animals. These enormous birds are able to carry one or two average-sized men for a nonstop flight of over five hundred miles. On some planets these birds are of great service since they possess a high order of intelligence, often being able to speak many words of the languages of the realm. These birds are most intelligent, very obedient, and unbelievably affectionate." (see also: http://www.theub.org/part-ii.html#P052_1_5 )

Re: https://www.kaytee.com/learn-care/pet-b ... and-sounds

"Parakeets are able to talk using words that they’ve heard. Some have been known to learn hundreds of words from their owners...
Parakeets will talk as a sign of affection and attentiveness for their owners. Male birds typically learn quicker and talk with more frequency
and clarity than female birds, but both are very capable." 8)

:scratch: Perhaps, a miscue in human evolution ...
since women "talk with more frequency" (so I've heard). :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.yahoo.com/news/tiktoker-flo ... 38225.html

"A homeless man was struggling to pay for basic necessities until he walked into a gas station: 'Oh my God' "

:idea: Stories like these hint that "serving others" is best achieved by one-on-one contact,
even impromptu (in the moment). Probably a meeting orchestrated "from above". 8)

And the gift does not have to be monumental - just significant. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "We're not a beacon to the world anymore" - local newscaster about recent events.

:idea: However, the perspective from on high is not your mistake
but how you recover from that mistake (and do it no more). ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: The clarion call for a spiritual renaissance ...

"Religion does need new leaders, spiritual men and women who will dare to depend solely on Jesus and his incomparable teachings. If Christianity persists in neglecting its spiritual mission while it continues to busy itself with social and material problems, the spiritual renaissance must await the coming of these new teachers of Jesus’ religion who will be exclusively devoted to the spiritual regeneration of men. And then will these spirit-born souls quickly supply the leadership and inspiration requisite for the social, moral, economic, and political reorganization of the world." (195:9.4 - http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P195_9_4 )

:idea: The resurrected Jesus speaking to Rodan and his followers ...
(how this spiritual renaissance will need to progress)

"That which my Father sent me into the world to establish belongs not to a race, a nation, nor to a special group of teachers or preachers. This gospel of the kingdom belongs to both Jew and gentile, to rich and poor, to free and bond, to male and female, even to the little children. And you are all to proclaim this gospel of love and truth by the lives which you live in the flesh. You shall love one another with a new and startling affection, even as I have loved you. You will serve mankind with a new and amazing devotion, even as I have served you. And when men see you so love them, and when they behold how fervently you serve them, they will perceive that you have become faith-fellows of the kingdom of heaven, and they will follow after the Spirit of Truth which they see in your lives, to the finding of eternal salvation." (191:6.2 - http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P191_6_2 )

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.p ... 43#p211160
"Two Important Papers" and another on http://Correctingtime.org
"The Question of Reincarnation" - https://correctingtime.org/transcript/t ... ncarnation

:idea: Since the UB does mention soul fragmentation, this must be new revelation!
I perceive (after much UB study) that the UB is a different type of communication
"from above" than, for example, "Messages from Celestial Teachers".

The most obvious distinction is that the UB is a collection of communications
from many celestial beings over a long period of time. Teacher's Messages
are from one being (as received and recorded by a human).

The UB is "epochal revelation" and Messages are "personal revelation".

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://newspunch.com/vatican-cardinal- ... e-francis/

"Catholic Cardinal who blew the whistle on the Deep State’s plan to destroy western civilization has been removed by Pope Francis."

"western civilization is living in its 'mortal hour,' (Robert) Sarah said that just like during the collapse of the Roman Empire, 'The elites care for nothing but increasing the luxury of their daily lives, and the people have been anaesthetized by every more vulgar entertainments."

:idea: Powerful perspective once shared by this "retired" Cardinal,
perspective a bit too spicy for this Church ... yet perspective
that seems to represent what a church should promote. :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... rming.html

"Pope Francis has warned of a second 'great flood' due to climate change ...
Biblical flood could be repeated if corruption and injustice isn't fixed"

:idea: However, such climate change only occurred just after the earth was born
... and did not relate to corruption & injustice since man did not exist: :roll:

"The Biblical story of Noah, the ark, and the flood is an invention of the Hebrew priesthood during the Babylonian captivity. There has never been a universal flood since life was established on Urantia. The only time the surface of the earth was completely covered by water was during those Archeozoic ages before the land had begun to appear." (UB, 78:7.4 - http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P078_7_4 )

"But Noah really lived; he was a wine maker of Aram, a river settlement near Erech. He kept a written record of the days of the river’s rise from year to year ..." (UB, 78:7.5 - http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P078_7_5 )

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.cnn.com/style/article/lil-n ... index.html

"the limited-edition 'drop' of 666 pairs sold out in less than a minute ... priced at $1,018 a pair,
a reference to the Bible passage Luke 10:18 that reads: 'I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven.' "

:idea: Well ... if Bible verses can dictate price, 6:66 would be a bargain:

Re: https://www.bibleref.com/John/6/John-6-66.html
(paraphrased) "the reason people reject him:
He doesn't coordinate with their interests." :roll:

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Re: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ7ZMOe96LU (26:14 min.)
"The Urantia Book - Our Cosmic Neighborhood" by Gary Tonge

"A tour of our cosmic neighbourhood - encompassing the many fascinating and revealed elements,
worlds and life that is, celestially speaking, right next door. How we are all part of a universal family."

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... pents.html

"hairdresser is informed in letter from church elders in Georgia that she will be publicly excommunicated
and fellow Christians will be banned from 'interacting' with her unless she 'repents' her sexuality" :o

:idea: Apparently, this warning refers to Christians who are members of the Church -
other Christians need to depend on God and their angels for such guidance. ;)

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: https://www.grunge.com/402908/the-2000- ... ntia-book/
"The 2,000-Page, Mystical, Anonymous Urantia Book"

"The Urantia Book" can be read like any other piece of speculative fiction, provided you want to devote the time to read all 2,000 pages of it. There's even a 38-hour audio version available. Not that we're recommending it, mind you. Some books really are best left unopened."

:idea: That this brief review mentions "cult", then follows with the story about the Waco Siege
seems convincing evidence of an unfriendly agenda, nevertheless ...

UB reviews "from the outside looking in" rarely acknowledge that Part IV (1/3 of the Book)
is a very detailed account of the life of one "Jesus of Nazareth", incarnated Son of God.

See also: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#Part_IV

Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by Sandy »

Hmmm ...as I was reading this person's thoughts on the Urantia Book I couldn't help but wonder if he also considers Christianity a cult as well. Many of the same cult criteria as he expressed would seeming qualify them for this villainous sounding title don't you think?

xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://mediaarchives.gsradio.net/rense/ ... 99_hr2.mp3

March 1999 interview of the remote viewer, Ingo Swann
At 27:40 a listener asks Ingo about the moon's rotation.

:study: Ingo doesn't know the answer, but the UB states ...

"The planets nearest the sun were the first to have their revolutions slowed down by tidal friction. Such gravitational influences also contribute to the stabilization of planetary orbits while acting as a brake on the rate of planetary-axial revolution, causing a planet to revolve ever slower until axial revolution ceases, leaving one hemisphere of the planet always turned toward the sun or larger body, as is illustrated by the planet Mercury and by the moon, which always turns the same face toward Urantia." (57:6.2)

:idea: (contrasts gravitational influence of the Sun on Mercury versus the Earth on its moon)

See also: Paper 57 - The Origin of Urantia
6. The Solar System Stage — The Planet-Forming Era
http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P057_6

:scratch: While contemplating why Ingo would not be able to remote view this information,
I began to suspect that the realities of the mind are not necessarily associated with
physical reality (might not be confirmed by physical reality). Like some UFO stuff? :o

Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:study: Re: https://www.copticchurch.net/patrology/ ... pter1.html
"An Introduction To The School Of Alexandria"

"Long before the establishment of Christianity in Alexandria, the city was famous for its many schools."

"We are not to think of school buildings in any modern sense; we are not even to think of church buildings.
Instruction was in the teacher's private house." :o

Re: http://www.theub.org/part-iv.html#P161_2_12
Paper 161 - Further Discussions with Rodan, 161:2.12
"Rodan made his way back to Alexandria, where he long taught his philosophy in the school of Meganta."

:idea: Thus, "school of Meganta" could indeed refer to the appearance of the building wherein Rodan taught,
where "mega+anta" could refer to architecture: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anta_(architecture)
... perhaps suggesting that Rodan taught in a Greek temple. 8)

Re: https://www.oxfordhandbooks.com/view/10 ... 69041-e-21
"Early monastic communities, like early Christian churches, were located in the homes of ascetic individuals.
By the fifth century, collections of individuals relocated to underutilized buildings or abandoned temples"

Re: https://www.metropolitanme.com/en/blog/ ... mples.html

"Anta temple describes a small temple with two columns at the front, which are set between the projecting walls of the pronaos or porch,
like the Temple of Nemesis at Rhamnus. This is the simplest type of temple ... The Megaron will form the base to other types of temples"

:idea: Interesting paragraph that mentions both anta and mega :!:

See also: https://study.com/academy/lesson/what-i ... -quiz.html

"most large houses already had built-in rooms where all of Greek life's
most important events and rituals were held - the megaron (large room)."

:idea: And this hints that Rodan's house could have included two anta
at the entrance to his megaron, giving the nickname "school of Meganta". 8)

Rod (not related to Rod-an) :roll: