A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

The Spark of Life

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ ... nisms.html

:scratch: While science moves ever closer to discovery of how life is created, the UB cautions that the recipe (DNA, etc.), ingredients (molecules, etc.), and kitchen (environment, etc.) will forever lack the "vital spark" that would cause life to be created from any components assembled by man:

:study: "When, in accordance with approved formulas, the physical patterns have been provided, then do the Life Carriers catalyze this lifeless material, imparting through their persons the vital spirit spark; and forthwith do the inert patterns become living matter." (36:3.3)

"The vital spark — the mystery of life — is bestowed through the Life Carriers, not by them. They do indeed supervise such transactions, they formulate the life plasm itself, but it is the Universe Mother Spirit who supplies the essential factor of the living plasm. From the Creative Daughter of the Infinite Spirit comes that energy spark which enlivens the body and presages the mind." (36:3.4)

"Life is both mechanistic and vitalistic — material and spiritual. 8) Ever will Urantia physicists and chemists progress in their understanding of the protoplasmic forms of vegetable and animal life, :shock: but never will they be able to produce living organisms. Life is something different from all energy manifestations; even the material life of physical creatures is not inherent in matter." (36:6.1)

"Things material may enjoy an independent existence, but life springs only from life. Mind can be derived only from pre-existent mind. Spirit takes origin only from spirit ancestors. The creature may produce the forms of life, but only a creator personality or a creative force can supply the activating living spark." (36:6.2) ;)

Rod
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: The Spark of Life

Post by Sandy »

Hey Rod,
I just read that yesterday, myself. (Yep, I am quite behind in my Urantia book reading, but not panicking just yet.) Interesting stuff. I just love reading ancient history so the third section really agrees with me. :bana:
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Speaking of "spark of life" (within the human mind)
and considering the definition of "stance" ...

1. The attitude or position of a standing person or animal.
2. A position or point of view:

:sunny: From a Thought Adjuster's perspective ...
What is the difference between "atheistic stance" and "a theistic stance"?

Just a little space (even a whisper will be heard ... some day). :roll

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

("Spark of Life" is but one of many forums where this comment about spontaneous worship could have been posted.)

:idea: While individuals may experience spontaneous worship randomly during waking hours, spontaneity of a group in significant numbers is probably rare ... but would likely increase with larger and larger groups. This hints that a national - even worldwide - phone app might coordinate the worship response* and display colorful symbolism indicating group strength (size). Having a moment of spontaneous worship? Register the event and let the phone app display symbolic confirmation of current group response.

:geek: * Once you call to register your spontaneous moment of worship, the app "keeps the moment active" for 5-10 min. for display purposes (you do not need to stay on the line; probably the way online one-call voting works).

And then (once a month?) all participants will call at a designated time(s) for silent group worship (the app will display its greatest illumination). The app should be easy to create and might be linked to a web site with such call-in functionality. A contest could determine the most popular name for the app. "If you build it, they will come (and worship)" 8)

As I understand celestial caretaking, when the celestials have a focused human audience (especially on schedules), they will graciously respond and interact accordingly. ;)

Rod