What's the point?

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

What's the point?

Post by Amigoo »

:sunflower: Re: http://www.moreintelligentlife.com/cont ... hats-point?
"Does life have a meaning? We asked seven writers ... here are their answers"

Long after this article is removed from the site, the question will be vibrant and enticing. 8)
It becomes a good starting point for reflection on one's own "meaning of life".
In this survey, age must certainly be an advantage! ;)

:scratch: But even a newborn might ask "What's the point?" (of leaving a safe, comfortable, nurturing womb).
Or an older adult taking their last breath, might contemplate "What was the point of my life?"

Rod
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: What's the point?

Post by Sandy »

My favourite is the last answer... number seven. The meaning of Life is Love.

The whole time I was reading these thoughts on the subject... in the back of my mind I kept hearing the words of Vivian Rider's beautiful children's book,
'Life, Light, Love." In the most gentle and precious way, she tells children this very thing.
"The meaning of life is Love."
She tells them how treasured they are each and every one as they embrace their life and pursue the age-long answer to that very same question.
'"Some day each of us will leave Earth, but this is not an ending.
Life on Earth is a beginning."

Our Earthly lives are important
because we are learning compassion, kindness, and generosity.

We are teaching other to not be fearful.

We are finding our God spark.

As our souls grow we approach joy, love, light and Paradise."
Love is unfathomable...it is huge... so complex and embraces everything that material life, morontia Life and spirit life composes. And yet, there is still room for more...as the universe expands so shall our understanding of the versatilities and complexities of Love. We could study love for eternity and never reach the bottom of all that exists within its grasp.

:loves
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: What's the point?

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,
The meaning of life is Love.
:idea: This is a great beginning focus for evaluating one's meaning of life, for all that derives from Love is the collection of fine points that confirm a life lived well (from a spiritual perspective). If we could remember all of our love-derived words and actions, no matter how insignificant they may seem, a very meaningful life might be our self-evaluation! :roll

Rod