Great tidbit from the Progress Group Messages about the UB

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Welles
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Great tidbit from the Progress Group Messages about the UB

Post by Welles »

On Sept. 22, 2014 the Progress Group Message was from a Thought Adjustor, recieved by Oscar and entitled "Research and Revelation."

It starts as a discussion on science, its relative values and continued goals but then has this to say about the UB.

"“Here, clarification about the revelations in the Urantia papers is in order. What is therein described about the universe – as for most other ideas displayed in these documents – represent the highest ideas about truth that originated in the minds of human beings of this planet. Nothing that was not discovered by humanity has been revealed. Even the more advanced ideas about the origin of the universe were at one time contemplated by superior human minds of this world, and these ideas were preserved by the Guardians of Wisdom on Paradise."

I thought this was a very revealing tidbit and well worth a few minutes consideration. Here is the PGM link...

http://www.1111angels.net/index.php/mes ... revelation

Welles
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: Great tidbit from the Progress Group Messages about the

Post by Amigoo »

Nice tidbit, Welles!

Confirmation of (or just commentary on) science, the UB, planetary events, etc.,
via the Group messages enriches this Message Board! :roll

Re: "Nothing that was not discovered by humanity has been revealed."

:scratch: Since the operative word is "discovered" (not contemplated, theorized, etc.),
how does this quote relate to Paper 72 - Government on a Neighboring Planet?

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

My mind is wandering more after a good nap ...

:scratch: "Guardians of Wisdom" (anywhere in the Master Universe) are not revealed in the UB.
Is this revelation in that Progress Group message?

:scratch: If revelation is not present in the UB, why would it be present in Group messages
(which are not "epochal revelation"). Or is this permitted by our celestial administration?

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Rod and Welles,
Rod wrote:
Re: "Nothing that was not discovered by humanity has been revealed."

:scratch: Since the operative word is "discovered" (not contemplated, theorized, etc.),
I am thinking that one possibility lies with Adam and Eve and their descendants. I think Urantia has every right to claim them as their own and so the knowledge they brought with them from their High abodes before arrival on Urantia would still count.
Did they already know of the valour of Panoptia before arrival? Your guess is as good as mine but most likely yes. :D ... and we cannot forget the Nodites and Van and the loyal staff at Dalamatia.

Long ago and at one time great universe knowledge has been present in our world.

Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi all,

To some extent all 11:11 Progress Group transmissions are subject to translation --
from English into "whatever" or from "Whatever" into English.
Custodians of Knowledge and 'Guardians of Wisdom' is much the same thing, IMO.

Years ago I spoke with one who said (upon my enquiry): "I can give you no name,
because I have no name. I can give you no number, because I have no number."

I said: "OK, you can be Friend." He is One Without Name, Without Number, but for
years he was.... "Friend".

Cheers yall...
George.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Something of interest:

Back in 1997 one of my psychology professors was talking about "a string" of different chemicals in cerebral fluid,
and, strangely, he kept babbling about calcium (among other chemicals) entering the neurons with each pulse, but
partially remaining behind as the neuron contracts again.

Somewhat disinterested in the lecture as it had been covered years prior in another college, I finally realised he
was now covering the disparity between the amount of calcium into and out of the neurons for the third time.

I figured our lecturer was being controlled in some way. I long ago developed a theory that there was a biological
aspect to our memory. Now I knew residual calcium could be that vehicle.

In 2000 I finally had a chance to question Orion about it, and he confirmed that theory being correct.

See: http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Desk/GB30.htm

What I'm not clear on is the lasting value of this discovery, since it was thought of, but not proved, only celestially
confirmed. Worth a thought.

God bless...
George.
Lightened717
Old Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 39781
Please type in these numbers:91294: 52643

Post by Lightened717 »

Interesting...I've been thinking/reading a lot about calcium supplements lately. Some new age websites claim that only "natural" sources of calcium are worthwhile, some consider it a poison! I'm about to start taking a calcium supplement at the recommendation of my doctor and eventually hope to breastfeed once I have children so it's good to see this perspective.
Welles
Family

Post by Welles »

Amigoo wrote: :scratch: Since the operative word is "discovered" (not contemplated, theorized, etc.),

Hi Rod,

That is a good question. Personally I'm not particularly concerned with percieved intellectual consistency because my viewpoint is so small. I could theorize that someone from earth actually was provided a visit to that planet in the past and if all they saw was a panoramic overview that would include all aspects of the culture within that purview. There are numerous references in the UB of humans being given visions of various aspects of the larger universe and then having to interpret their experiences into thoughts using the contemporary references of their cultures. The results are often murky to say the least.

Then I might suggest that one person on this earth was Jesus, aka Michael, the ruler of the universe. Therfore the options open to us are rather unlimited if one includes Jesus, eh? I mean he was sort of human² eh? Then again the statement, "Nothing that was not discovered by humanity has been revealed", could have been a general principle of those who provided the papers to humanity. The government-on-a-neighboring-planet paper was just describing the outworking of techniques that were already discovered and in use somewhere on earth.

George,

Thank you so much for your information and thoughts on calcium. "Over a period of time, it attaches itself to the inside of the neuron wall in a mosaic-like, crystaline pattern. The mind is able to “read” this pattern. It is our “Memory Set In Stone”." That thought (along with several others) will be added to my view of the universe as an outrider. While I don't specifically focus on physiology this tidbit is of tantalizing importance. Although I don't have other references to incorporate it into a functional unity just yet I feel sure that they may pop up now that I have that anchor. It is a new direction for me to look. I prize those.

Welles

George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hello Lightened717,

As your physicists have suspected, these mutilated remnants of solar calcium literally ride the light beams for varied distances, and thus their widespread dissemination throughout space is tremendously facilitated. The sodium atom, under certain modifications, is also capable of light and energy locomotion. The calcium feat is all the more remarkable since this element has almost twice the mass of sodium. Local space-permeation by calcium is due to the fact that it escapes from the solar photosphere, in modified form, by literally riding the outgoing sunbeams. Of all the solar elements, calcium, notwithstanding its comparative bulk — containing as it does twenty revolving electrons — is the most successful in escaping from the solar interior to the realms of space. This explains why there is a calcium layer, a gaseous stone surface, on the sun six thousand miles thick; and this despite the fact that nineteen lighter elements, and numerous heavier ones, are underneath.

This above piece from the Urantia Papers explains why in a growing universe there is always enough calcium to grow bones, teeth and even grass.

Welcome to the MB. A bit late, but I'm not often here... doing a lot of other 11:11 things.

God bless...
George.
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi Welles,

Orion only said I had it right, but it leaves one wandering if that biological aspect of memory depended on the calcium crystals resonating in some way.

Really, I got one step on a long road -- an important step though in my humble opinion. :finger:

Cheers...
George.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Intuitively (and without much chemistry expertise), I suspect that calcium and resonation relate more to better and/or unique electrical transmission more than data storage, thus improving the functionality of cells in the biologic system called "memory".

:geek: Perhaps, neuronal firing is coordinated via finely-tuned calcium crystals that respond to micro-unique resonation. And since calcium (chemicals) alone would not likely cause psychic ability, some mental (even physical) activity/exercise might affect how calcium crystals deposit in the appropriate cells for unique resonation, leading to improved psychic ability (e.g., better reception of transmissions).

Rod
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Amigoo writes:

<<< Perhaps, neuronal firing is coordinated via finely-tuned calcium crystals that respond to micro-unique resonation. >>>

That is precisely the as yet unproven theory.

Cheers...
George.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

George,

:study: I viewed multiple online sites and YouTube videos to get a beginning introduction to neurons, their components, and functions. As impressive as the trillions of neuron-to-neuron connections are, synaptic neurotransmitters seem to layer on "frequencies" in the electro-chemical transmissions.

:geek: In other words, data passed is not just 0 or 1 but effectively many values between 0 and 1. And these many values can have varying sequence patterns in the transmission lines, sequences which effectively pass even more information. This hints that memory storage/recall is an electro-chemical symphony - even for the simplest of memories!

The computers that scientists are trying to develop to mimic the human brain will have to incorporate this symphonic ability (and might not be impressive without similar electro-chemical pathways). :shock:

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:cheers: Proof that midwayers were prompting in 1987 ...
I purchased a white cover Urantia Book today from a Half-Price Books store.

:study: The Book's original "first sale" receipt was still in the book:
Date: Sept. 5, 1987, Price: $30.60, Sales Tax: $2.22

The rest of the story ... :arrow:

I kept the receipt and placed the Book in a box of free books in front of
a different used book store, 10 miles away; a man was browsing the free books.
After shopping at this Lucky Dog Books, I passed the box of free books
- the man had left and the Urantia Book was gone. :D

:idea: Lesson learned: Half-price is good, but free is better!
... when you're a lucky dog.

As for the prompting conjecture ... :roll:

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

My kingdom for all those wonderful used book stores, Rod! :mrgreen: I am green with envy :mrgreen: ;)
:cheers: Proof that midwayers were prompting in 1987 ...
I purchased a white cover Urantia Book today from a Half-Price Books store.

:study: The Book's original "first sale" receipt was still in the book:
Date: Sept. 5, 1987, Price: $30.60, Sales Tax: $2.22
hmmmm... or was it a prompt for you whose beginnings was started back in 1987. :D Either way, you did and you do them proud. I loved how you shared the wisdom and placed the book in a free box at another book store. :sunflower:

(((((((Big Urantia Hug for you))))))
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: Perhaps, a good new topic but idea posted here for safekeeping. :finger:

While meditating on the ongoing controversy (elsewhere; despite 92:4.9) about the UB being epochal revelation
plus all of the associated chatter about Dr. Sadler's alleged contributions to its text, a new concept emerged:

:sunflower: "AFLAME", an organization name with its "AF" alluding to Andon's and Fonta's discovery of fire*
and alluding to the belief, faith, and effort required to maintain the "epochal revelation" flame.

:study: Common definitions of "aflame":
- keenly excited and interested.
- deeply aroused, as with passion.

* From the UB's Section 63:2
:sunny: "Andon signified to his mate that he thought he could make fire with the flint.", "This was one of the most joyous moments in their short but eventful lives. All night long they sat up watching their fire burn, vaguely realizing that they had made a discovery which would make it possible for them to defy climate and thus forever to be independent of their animal relatives of the southern lands."

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "AFLAME" concept ...

:idea: "A~Flame" is better logo symbolism because of the "a flame" reference,
the "A~F" allusion to Andon's and Fonta's equal partnership, and the "~"
symbolizing a flame, albeit sideways but some flames appear this way
when first emerging ... and "aflame" remains in the concept.

Rod ... :bike: ...
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I like this, Rod!
:sunflower: "AFLAME", an organization name with its "AF" alluding to Andon's and Fonta's discovery of fire*
and alluding to the belief, faith, and effort required to maintain the "epochal revelation" flame.
:lol:
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

:idea: Here's a possible next step ...

Apply the word "A~Flame" to the "concentric circles" symbol* in the upper right of this web page:
http://www.ubcor.org/ including other embellishment as desired. This will create another logo
for UBCOR.org, a site that will be given to a formal support group once formed. :finger:

:cheers: UBCOR will then coordinate marketing of merchandise (pins, mugs, T-shirts, etc.) with
the "A~Flame" logo. The "concentric circles" logo will remain the site's own logo; "A~Flame" will
become a symbol indicating personal/group support of the "epochal revelation" concept.

* explanation of this symbol, "Urantia Pearl":
http://www.ubcor.org/images/What_is_a_Urantia_pearl.pdf

Rod :D
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Extracted from the Paradise Trinity Day topic in Current Events:

:scratch: The geometry time prompts have been less numerous in recent months,
but the x:07 continuum is gaining frequency (x:07, :17, :27. :37. :47, :57)
... and "7" is a number of special influence in the Grand Universe, ;)
especially as "associative possibilities of three Deities" (16:0.1)

And so, today I created an introduction for this 1111angels message to inform friends and relatives of the message.
After sending the email, I noticed the Send time stamp: 7:17 AM:

:flower: Re: http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=25585

Asheville, NC, US of A, March 6, 2016.
Subject: “Moving Through the Fire of Initiation.”

"As He calls each of you to ‘Be perfect, even as I AM perfect,’ you shall, at some point, ‘move through the fire’ and purge yourself of the old imperfect ways of thinking and being to embrace a more suitable form from which to understand and express the Will of the Creator. Growth is the result of change and progress requires a new understanding and perspective from which to establish this more perfected way of co-creative expression."

"The Indwelling Spirit of the Creator — the I AM is the pure and true reality of all creation and so does the I AM guide you from circle to circle, step by step, using various methods to move you along"

"you shall come out the other side and be one step closer to your complete attunement with the Indwelling Spirit where you can explore and become that perfected idea the Creator has called you to co-creatively express."

An encouraging 1111angels message that helps explain the uncomfortable "fires of initiation" that seem to occur during the stages of our lives on this planet. And "co-creative expression" emphasizes that this life is all about perfecting partnership with the divine presence within.

:idea: After noticing similar time stamp associations for some comments on this Board, I'm beginning to suspect that our celestial friends are trying to promote a new category of topical interaction. 8)

Rod :D