Adam and Eve

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Adam and Eve

Post by ofek »

Hey all! I have a question regarding this " ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago" from page 74 of the Urantia book. Am I just misunderstanding it or does it say that Adam and Eve are from the year 1934? or does it mean that they came from that time but from a different place?
Help me understand this.
Love and light,
Ofek
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Adam and Eve

Post by Sandy »

Hello Ofek,
Great to see you again! :D
I just took a look at Paper 74 and understand your confusion. Here is the confusing bit...
ADAM AND EVE arrived on Urantia, from the year A.D. 1934, 37,848 years ago.
...as I understand it, Paper 74 must have been channelled /given in 1934. Remember it was years that this material was delivered to the contact team in the Chicago area... and before they raised independent funds to properly publish it in 1955. So the celestial, Solonia, is making the date/year in which she is delivering this message quite clear, thus also producing an accurate date for us to always view the long ago arrival of Adam and Eve. For us now in 2014 if my pathetic math skills are accurate... it has been 37,928 years ago that Adam and Eve arrived on Urantia. Sort of cool to think about, huh? 8)
Hope that helps...
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

I was curious about this date (1934) and wondered when the other Papers had been received.
After a few hours of research, I would summarize this way:

Dr. Sadler is reported to have made contact with the sleeping subject by 1911. From 1911 to 1925, contact messages occurred between five humans (the "Contact Commission", including Drs. Lena and William Sadler) and the sleeping subject (through whom spoke celestial beings with the physical communication assistance of the Secondary Midwayers).

In 1925 (through 1942), the Forum was created to formally evaluate the developing Papers; rewrites of some portions occurred after feedback from the Forum. Prior to 1925, communication from celestial beings was verbal (via the voice of the sleeping subject); after 1925, Papers began appearing (without human witnesses) in the handwriting of the sleeping subject; verbal communication also continued but not to transmit the Papers.

By 1934/35, Parts I-III were "indited" (see Acknowledgments, below), meaning that the Papers for these Parts were considered completed. Apparently, the sleeping subject was not involved in the delivery of the Part IV Papers; these were delivered (materialized without human witnesses) by a Midwayer Commission, with these Papers probably considered completed after evaluation by the Forum.

UB Acknowledgments:

Part I: http://www.theub.org/part-i.html#P031_10_22

These thirty-one papers depicting the nature of Deity, the reality of Paradise, the organization and working of the central and superuniverses, the personalities of the grand universe, and the high destiny of evolutionary mortals, were sponsored, formulated, and put into English by a high commission consisting of twenty-four Orvonton administrators acting in accordance with a mandate issued by the Ancients of Days of Uversa directing that we should do this on Urantia, 606 of Satania, in Norlatiadek of Nebadon, in the year A.D. 1934.

Part II: http://www.theub.org/part-ii.html#P056_10_23

This paper on Universal Unity is the twenty-fifth of a series of presentations by various authors, having been sponsored as a group by a commission of Nebadon personalities numbering twelve and acting under the direction of Mantutia Melchizedek. We indited these narratives and put them in the English language, by a technique authorized by our superiors, in the year 1934 of Urantia time.

Part III: http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P119_8_9

This paper, depicting the seven bestowals of Christ Michael, is the sixty-third of a series of presentations, sponsored by numerous personalities, narrating the history of Urantia down to the time of Michael’s appearance on earth in the likeness of mortal flesh. These papers were authorized by a Nebadon commission of twelve acting under the direction of Mantutia Melchizedek. We indited these narratives and put them in the English language, by a technique authorized by our superiors, in the year A.D. 1935 of Urantia time.

Part IV: http://www.urantia.org/urantia-foundation/history
A History of the Urantia Movement, By Dr. William S. Sadler

"What has just been recorded refers more particularly to Parts I, II, and III of The Urantia Book. Part IV -- The Jesus Papers -- had a little different origin. They were produced by a midwayer commission and were completed on year later than the other Papers. The first three parts were completed and certified to us in A.D. 1934. The Jesus Papers were not so delivered to us until 1935."

See also: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Urantia_Book

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Wonderful information there, Rod! Thank you for taking the time to look it up and pass it on. I think I am going to save your post for future reference. :D
love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

:oops: I thought that after decades of UB reading, I should finally know this simple timeline of UB history.

As I pondered the significance of this topic's title (Adam and Eve), the fact that 17 years elapsed from 1925 to 1942, the recent Midwayer prompts (07,17,27,37,47), the Paper 37:7 prompt (via x:37), and the 1:17 AM prompt just now, I sense another project unfolding. :)

:scratch: Best guess tonight ...

The project involves the near-term (within 100 years?) incarnation of the progeny of Adam and Eve
... and perhaps the creation of a third Garden of Eden. :roll

Mansion World Teachers (cherubim and sanobim) may serve as staff in this Garden. 8)

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

The project involves the near-term (within 100 years?) incarnation of the progeny of Adam and Eve
... and perhaps the creation of a third Garden of Eden. :roll

Wouldn't that be exciting! :bana: I guess no matter what...whether from this world or the next realm, The Mansion worlds...we are in for some exciting times as Urantians and former Urantians. (beings of earth in this instance,not necessarily Ubook readers. ;) ) :sunflower:
love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

I began scanning the topics in this forum to find one complementary to the following observation. "Adam and Eve" caught my attention, then I glanced at the clock: 7:27. Confirmation! 8)

:sunny: The evidence is weak, but sudden group interest in the Foreword of the UB (a local meeting in Frankfurt next month and another unaffiliated local meeting in Dallas in December) might be subtle announcement of new awareness of celestial vistation within a decade or so. If the Foreword is a clue, the visitation is not just a "social visit", but the beginning of preparation for the planet's true march to light and life.

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

If I ever have the time, I must read the foreward again. I must admit it is not my favourite part of the Urantia book.
If the Foreword is a clue, the visitation is not just a "social visit", but the beginning of preparation for the planet's true march to light and life.

In my opinion it seems we are already marching towards that lofty goal and have been since the dawn of time. Humans have had a few setbacks here and there I suppose with some large and looming over our heads but all that aside, we are making strides even as we speak.

I hope you are right in your observation, though. :finger: A celestial visitation would be wonderful! :bana: But I can't get to excited about speculations any more...there have been too many times I've been disappointed with well meaning but failed revelatory transmits.
love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Sandy,

:cheers: Our planet's reception of its fifth epochal revelation, the many messages received (despite the varying quality), and much individual advancement all attest to a convincing new wave of support for more purposeful, Paradise-oriented human life. Again, if the Foreword is a clue, those who can digest this introductory material (by ability and/or desire) may identify many of the leaders being groomed for the celestial arrival.

For such visitation can hardly occur without significant and trained human support centers worldwide. The past Midwayer (et al.) guidance for the assembly of individuals to participate in the reception of the UB may again be operative. We should probably be more attentive to these "spirit leadings". ;)

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod,
I so hope it is so! :finger: :) :cheers:
love,
Sandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:sunny: The symbolism of the Foreword hinting of the near-term approach of a formal celestial visitation aligns well with another perspective:
Michael would not return as the former carpenter of Nazareth but as the Master Son of our local universe (Nebadon).

With this thought, I glanced at a nearby clock: 11:17
Another glance just now at my computer clock: 11:27 8)

:farao: Hmmm ...7 and increments of 10 are complementary numbers!

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:flower: About any negative UB eugenics perspective ...

While eugenics as was (is?) practiced by some inhabitants of our planet is hardly quality guidance for civilization today, I still haven't found the UB text that supports related criticism of the Book. Since the word "eugenics" is used but once* in the 2000+ pages, what other key words associate with this very unpopular program known as "eugenics"?

* "The inner and the outer worlds have a different set of values. Any civilization is in jeopardy when three quarters of its youth enter materialistic professions and devote themselves to the pursuit of the sensory activities of the outer world. Civilization is in danger when youth neglect to interest themselves in ethics, sociology, eugenics, philosophy, the fine arts, religion, and cosmology. ( 111:4.4 )

:idea: After 40 years of reading the UB, I never detected a mandate that the planet proceed with a major eugenics program. The "seems" of the following sentence may come closest by insinuating that we should be able to agree on the general problem (inferior humans essentially resulting from the Adamic default, the planet's original "eugenics" program) and try to find solutions:

"Notwithstanding this obstacle, it seems that you ought to be able to agree upon the biologic disfellowshiping of your more markedly unfit, defective, degenerate, and antisocial stocks." ( 51:4.8 )

:study: Re: Paper 82 - The Evolution of Marriage

This material in Paper 82 (especially 82:6 - Racial Mixtures) seems complementary to its sponsorship by an Archangel of Nebadon. And the comment about crossbreeding** seems to dilute perspective that the UB is totally against racial blending. So, what parts of Paper 82 present non-angelic perspective?

** "The danger of gross disharmonies as a result of crossbreeding of human stocks has been greatly exaggerated. The chief troubles of 'half-breeds' are due to social prejudices." ( 82:6.8 )

Finally, 82:6.7 (specifically, "present-day races are so overloaded with inferior and degenerate strains") seems to present a worthy gauntlet thrown down, but shouldn't we have to disagree with this statement before criticizing any related UB material?

:scratch: Just where is the E. coli in the eugenics beef?

Rod [mostly vegetarian except on holy days (when a dinner guest ;) )]

:study: For more information about the Adamic default ...
http://www.theub.org/part-iii.html#P075_0
Paper 75 - The Default of Adam and Eve

"Under normal conditions the first work of a Planetary Adam and Eve would be the co-ordination and blending of the races. But on Urantia such a project seemed just about hopeless, for the races, while biologically fit, had never been purged of their retarded and defective strains." ( 75:1.2 )
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: More reflection on "genetics" ...

Re: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eugenics

"a set of beliefs and practices that aims at improving the genetic quality of the human population. It is a social philosophy advocating the improvement of human genetic traits through the promotion of higher rates of sexual reproduction for people with desired traits (positive eugenics), or reduced rates of sexual reproduction and sterilization of people with less-desired or undesired traits (negative eugenics), or both."

"A major criticism of eugenics policies is that, regardless of whether 'negative' or 'positive' policies are used, they are vulnerable to abuse because the criteria of selection are determined by whichever group is in political power. Furthermore, negative eugenics in particular is considered by many to be a violation of basic human rights, which include the right to reproduction. Another criticism is that eugenic policies eventually lead to a loss of genetic diversity"

:roll: In fairness to critics, the UB does have much to say about past efforts by civilizations - dating centuries back - to improve the quality of human life and uses language complementary to this Wikipedia definition. Nevertheless (IMO), the UB neither mandates such programs nor advises how to develop such a social strategy - our "fifth epochal revelation" still promotes the universe mandate of free will. From this perspective, only those who read the UB text, agree with its "genetics" perspective, AND participate in such societal "adventurism" are a threat (as worry the critics). Otherwise, the UB's words on the subject are simply public entertainment, ammunition for anti-UB-cult promotion, or discussion points for UB study groups.

;) Interestingly, the following UB paragraph provides assurance to readers who prefer to avoid related societal confrontations; the problem WILL be solved by the time of the planet's "second stage of light and life" and may involve methods distasteful to current generations. If the lack of mortal stock purification is delaying light and life, we can be certain that current and (probably) all of this millennium's generations will be long departed before any genetics program ever attains sufficient popularity to even be seriously discussed by the world's moral leadership.

:study: "2. The second stage of light and life. This epoch is signalized on the worlds by the arrival of a Life Carrier who becomes the volunteer adviser of the planetary rulers regarding the further efforts to purify and stabilize the mortal race. Thus do the Life Carriers actively participate in the further evolution of the human race — physically, socially, and economically. And then they extend their supervision to the further purification of the mortal stock by the drastic elimination of the retarded and persisting remnants of inferior potential of an intellectual, philosophic, cosmic, and spiritual nature. Those who design and plant life on an inhabited world are fully competent to advise the Material Sons and Daughters, who have full and unquestioned authority to purge the evolving race of all detrimental influences." (55:4.11)

:o In fact, as I reread 55:4.11, I'm now persuaded to agree with the critics that the UB at least forecasts future resolution of the genetics problem (ignored by post-Revelation humans) by celestial authorities who know whereof they speak ... and act. In this regard, if mankind should fear a future event, it might be the near-term arrival of an Adam and Eve (or their progeny) who have planned to resume their leadership of mortal stock purification, etc.. But "fear not", even another A&E administration will require centuries for on-site planning and execution. ;)

Rod