The Paradise Sons of God

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
overmind
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

The Paradise Sons of God

Post by overmind »

Does anyone else wonder why there aren't more kinds of Paradise Sons?

Magisterial Sons = Eternal Son + Infinite Spirit
Creator Sons = Universal Father + Eternal Son
Trinity Teacher Sons = Paradise Trinity

I would think that there would be Descending Sons created from God the Father and God the Spirit as well. Besides one of the 7 Master Spirits, is there anything that exists for this combination?
Sandy
Staff

Re: The Paradise Sons of God

Post by Sandy »

Hi Overmind,
What an interesting series of questions. I remember reading that the Seraphic Guardians of Destiny travel with their mortal charges through the Morontia worlds, through Salvington and Jeruseum on to Uversa and then often even on to Havona and Paradise.

At Havona there may be a temporary split at times spoken of here... http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... ns-destiny
Paper 113 Seraphic Guardians of destiny
(1248.5) 113:7.5 Some of the destiny guardians of attachment during the mortal career follow the course of the ascending pilgrims through Havona. The others bid their long-time mortal associates a temporary farewell, and then, while these mortals traverse the circles of the central universe, these guardians of destiny achieve the circles of Seraphington. And they will be in waiting on the shores of Paradise when their mortal associates awaken from the last transit sleep of time into the new experiences of eternity. Such ascending seraphim subsequently enter upon divergent services in the finaliter corps and in the Seraphic Corps of Completion.

(1248.6) 113:7.6 Man and angel may or may not be reunited in eternal service, but wherever seraphic assignment may take them, the seraphim are always in communication with their former wards of the evolutionary worlds, the ascendant mortals of time. The intimate associations and the affectionate attachments of the realms of human origin are never forgotten nor ever completely severed. In the eternal ages men and angels will co-operate in the divine service as they did in the career of time.

(1249.1) 113:7.7 For seraphim, the surest way of achieving the Paradise Deities is by successfully guiding a soul of evolutionary origin to the portals of Paradise. Therefore is the assignment of guardian of destiny the most highly prized seraphic duty.

(1249.2) 113:7.8 Only destiny guardians are mustered into the primary or mortal Corps of the Finality, and such pairs have engaged in the supreme adventure of identity at-oneness; the two beings have achieved spiritual bi-unification on Seraphington prior to their reception into the finaliter corps. In this experience the two angelic natures, so complemental in all universe functions, achieve ultimate spirit two-in-oneness, repercussing in a new capacity for the reception of, and fusion with, a non-Adjuster fragment of the Paradise Father. And so do some of your loving seraphic associates in time also become your finaliter associates in eternity, children of the Supreme and perfected sons of the Paradise Father.
it sounds like some receive a fragment of the Father as well.... (in red)

It is very encouraging to think that our long time friends are ascending with us on our Universe career and even though we may or may not serve side by side in the Finaliter corps we will always close association and communication with them.

This is another good section on this subject... Paper 39 Seraphic Hosts

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... phic-hosts

This paper states that...
(426.9) 39:0.9 To say that any one seraphim is inferior to an angel of any other group would hardly be true. Nevertheless every angel is at first service-limited to the group of original and inherent classification. My seraphic associate in the preparation of this statement, Manotia, is a supreme seraphim and onetime functioned only as a supreme seraphim. By application and devoted service she has, one by one, achieved all seven of the seraphic services, having functioned in well-nigh every avenue of activity open to a seraphim, and now holds the commission of associate chief of seraphim on Urantia.

(426.10) 39:0.10 Human beings sometimes find it hard to understand that a created capacity for higher-level ministry does not necessarily imply ability to function on relatively lower service levels. Man begins life as a helpless infant; hence every mortal attainment must embrace all experiential prerequisites; seraphim have no such preadult life — no childhood. They are, however, experiential creatures, and by experience and through additional education they can augment their divine and inherent endowment of ability by the experiential acquirement of functional skill in one or more of the seraphic services.

(426.11) 39:0.11 After being commissioned, seraphim are assigned to the reserves of their inherent group. Those of planetary and administrator status often serve for long periods as originally classified, but the higher the inherent function level, the more persistently do the angelic ministers seek assignment to the lower orders of universe service. Especially do they desire assignment to the reserves of the planetary helpers, and if successful they enroll in the celestial schools attached to the headquarters of the Planetary Prince of some evolutionary world. Here they begin the study of the languages, history, and local habits of the races of mankind. Seraphim must acquire knowledge and gain experience much as do human beings. They are not far removed from you in certain personality attributes. And they all crave to start at the bottom, on the lowest possible level of ministry; thus may they hope to achieve the highest possible level of experiential destiny.
and a little further on in the same paper...
8. Seraphic Destiny

(440.3) 39:8.1 Seraphim are of origin in the local universes, and in these very realms of their nativity some achieve service destiny. With the help and counsel of the senior archangels some seraphim may be elevated to the exalted duties of Brilliant Evening Stars, while others attain the status and service of the unrevealed co-ordinates of the Evening Stars. Still other adventures in local universe destiny may be attempted, but Seraphington ever remains the eternal goal of all angels. Seraphington is the angelic threshold to Paradise and Deity attainment, the transition sphere from the ministry of time to the exalted service of eternity.

(440.4) 39:8.2 Seraphim may attain Paradise in scores — hundreds — of ways, but the most important as elaborated in these narratives are the following:

(440.5) 39:8.3 1. To gain admission to the Paradise seraphic abode in a personal capacity by achieving perfection of specialized service as a celestial artisan, a Technical Adviser, or a Celestial Recorder. To become a Paradise Companion and, having thus attained the center of all things, perhaps then to become an eternal minister and adviser to the seraphic orders and others.

(440.6) 39:8.4 2. To be summoned to Seraphington. Under certain conditions seraphim are commanded on high; in other circumstances angels sometimes achieve Paradise in a much shorter time than mortals. But no matter how fitted any seraphic pair may be, they cannot initiate departure for Seraphington or elsewhere. None but successful destiny guardians can be sure of proceeding to Paradise by a progressive path of evolutionary ascent. All others must patiently await the arrival of the Paradise messengers of the tertiary supernaphim who come with the summons commanding them to appear on high.

(440.7) 39:8.5 3. To attain Paradise by the evolutionary mortal technique. The supreme choice of seraphim in the career of time is the post of guardian angel in order that they may attain the career of finality and be qualified for assignment to the eternal spheres of seraphic service. Such personal guides of the children of time are called guardians of destiny, signifying that they guard mortal creatures in the path of divine destiny, and that in so doing they are determining their own high destiny.
(440.8) 39:8.6 Guardians of destiny are drawn from the ranks of the more experienced angelic personalities of all orders of seraphim who have qualified for this service. All surviving mortals of Adjuster-fusion destiny have temporary guardians assigned, and these associates may become permanently attached when mortal survivors attain the requisite intellectual and spiritual development. Before mortal ascenders leave the mansion worlds, they all have permanent seraphic associates. This group of ministering spirits is discussed in connection with the Urantia narratives.

(441.1) 39:8.7 It is not possible for angels to attain God from the human level of origin, for they are created a “little higher than you”; but it has been wisely arranged that, while they cannot possibly start up from the very bottom, the spiritual lowlands of mortal existence, they may go down to those who do start from the bottom and pilot such creatures, step by step, world by world, to the portals of Havona. When mortal ascenders leave Uversa to begin the circles of Havona, those guardians of attachment subsequent to the life in the flesh will bid their pilgrim associates a temporary farewell while they journey to Seraphington, the angelic destination of the grand universe. Here will these guardians attempt, and undoubtedly achieve, the seven circles of seraphic light.

(441.2) 39:8.8 Many, but not all, of those seraphim assigned as destiny guardians during the material life accompany their mortal associates through the Havona circles, and certain other seraphim pass through the circuits of the central universe in a way that is wholly different from the mortal ascent. But irrespective of the route of ascent, all evolutionary seraphim traverse Seraphington, and the majority pass through this experience instead of the Havona circuits.

(441.3) 39:8.9 Seraphington is the destiny sphere for angels, and their attainment of this world is quite different from the experiences of the mortal pilgrims on Ascendington. Angels are not absolutely sure of their eternal future until they have attained Seraphington. No angel attaining Seraphington has ever been known to go astray; sin will never find response in the heart of a seraphim of completion.

(441.4) 39:8.10 The graduates of Seraphington are variously assigned: Destiny guardians of Havona-circle experience usually enter the Mortal Finaliter Corps. Other guardians, having passed their Havona separation tests, frequently rejoin their mortal associates on Paradise, and some become the everlasting associates of the mortal finaliters, while others enter the various nonmortal finaliter corps, and many are mustered into the Corps of Seraphic Completion.

Overmind wrote:
I believe they also require the support of the energy circuits of the planet they are on (although I'm not sure how or when transport seraphim "charge their batteries").

I don’t know??? It does say here that the local Corp of Transport Seraphim can travel within local universe and possibly between superuniverse..at least, I think that might be what they are referring in red in the quotation.

http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... phic-hosts
(430.4) 39:2.8 5. The Transporters. All groups of ministering spirits have their transport corps, angelic orders dedicated to the ministry of transporting those personalities who are unable, of themselves, to journey from one sphere to another. The fifth group of the superior seraphim are headquartered on Salvington and serve as space traversers to and from the headquarters of the local universe. Like other subdivisions of the superior seraphim, some were created as such while others have risen from the lower or less endowed groups.

(430.5) 39:2.9 The “energy range” of seraphim is wholly adequate for local universe and even for superuniverse requirements, but they could never withstand the energy demands entailed by such a long journey as that from Uversa to Havona. Such an exhaustive journey requires the special powers of a primary seconaphim of transport endowments. Transporters take on energy for flight while in transit and recuperate personal power at the end of the journey.

(430.6) 39:2.10 Even on Salvington ascending mortals do not possess personal transit forms. Ascenders must depend upon seraphic transport in advancing from world to world until after the last rest of sleep on the inner circle of Havona and the eternal awakening on Paradise. Subsequently you will not be dependent on angels for transport from universe to universe.
What do you think, Overmind? It doesn’t say that other types of seraphim need local or superuniverse energy to function in their jobs and in their being. Like us, it sounds like they go through many phases of ascendant training but tailored for Seraphim and their functions now and after reaching Paradise and being ushered into various perfected services such as the Mortal Finaliter Corp ( I believe only those serving as destiny guardians can serve within this one.) or the Corp of seraphic completion etc...It sounds like Seraphim are very much like us as they work their way up to Paradise. When they attain their own ascendant goals they will be every bit as immortal as “spirtitized” and perfected humans.

This was an interesting thought...
Overmind wrote:
There is a difference between a personality never dying and one being unable to die. But then, wouldn't it still be possible for God to destroy all that is considered immortal except for itself? As impossible as it seems, what if there was a Finaliter that rebelled with Lucifer? Though the obvious question would be how a God-fused mortal could rebel (how could a part of God go against God's will?), the other would be how it would be uncreated in time.
I honestly don’t think it is conceivable for a fused mortal, especially a Finaliter, to rebel against God. Remember, they are I am assuming physically embraced by the Paradise presence of God. We cannot even imagine what that means and what that will be like. I get all tingly just thinking about it. George and I were just talking about something similar earlier...I said that God could do this or that...anything if He/She wanted to because He or She is the First Source and sets the rules...And G said that that is right and precisely why God follows his own rules. God is changeless.. not fickle changing his mind like we mortals. There is some advantages to knowing everything that ever existed, happened, does exist and will exist, etc...There are no surprises for God so all His /Her Divine judgements are perfect in every way.

Oh gosh, this is such an interesting topic and I love thinking about Paradise and being in the presence of the Father...Can anything ever get better than that? :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower: :sunflower:

Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
overmind

Post by overmind »

Maybe being in the presence of the Ultimate would be better?

Although it is obvious a finaliter would never rebel, I had to consider it to look at my question from all possible angles. There is certainly no way a finaliter could support Lucifer considering what he did.

(603.3) 53:3.2 1. The reality of the Universal Father. Lucifer charged that the Universal Father did not really exist, that physical gravity and space-energy were inherent in the universe, and that the
Father was a myth invented by the Paradise Sons to enable them to maintain the rule of the universes in the Father’s name. He denied that personality was a gift of the Universal Father. He even intimated that the finaliters were in collusion with the Paradise Sons to foist fraud upon all creation since they never brought back a very clear-cut idea of the Father’s actual personality as it is discernible on Paradise. He traded on reverence as ignorance. The charge was sweeping, terrible, and blasphemous. It was this veiled attack upon the finaliters that no doubt influenced the ascendant citizens then on Jerusem to stand firm and remain steadfast in resistance to all the rebel’s proposals.

(604.1) 53:3.6 3. The attack upon the universal plan of ascendant mortal training. Lucifer maintained that far too much time and energy were expended upon the scheme of so thoroughly training ascending mortals in the principles of universe administration, principles which he alleged were unethical and unsound. He protested against the agelong program for preparing the mortals of space for some unknown destiny and pointed to the presence of the finaliter corps on Jerusem as proof that these mortals had spent ages of preparation for some destiny of pure fiction. With derision he pointed out that the finaliters had encountered a destiny no more glorious than to be returned to humble spheres similar to those of their origin. He intimated that they had been debauched by overmuch discipline and prolonged training, and that they were in reality traitors to their mortal fellows since they were now co-operating with the scheme of enslaving all creation to the fictions of a mythical eternal destiny for ascending mortals. He advocated that ascenders should enjoy the liberty of individual self-determination. He challenged and condemned the entire plan of mortal ascension as sponsored by the Paradise Sons of God and supported by the Infinite Spirit.

I think how it works is that there is no way for finaliters to become unreal as they are one with the source of all that is real. That means they could not support any form of imperfection as they are forever perfect. They can neither die nor venture on the path towards death. But I don't know how free will plays a part in that.

I sometimes find the position of evolutionary creatures so fascinating. We get to be wiser than many of the celestials stuck on the architectural spheres since we get to experience the repercussions of sin and error. I just have to wonder, would the Lucifer rebellion prove that humans could gain more wisdom than a Lanonandek Son after one life on a planet? I know that no one can or should go against God, but a lot of celestials didn't know that because of inexperience. It's cool to imagine how valuable our experiences could be on this planet, even if they suck at times.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

When I first read the Urantia book and learned how the Havona citizens were zapped into a perfect universe and way of being I must admit I was more then a little envious. Life here is so hard! Yet when I read passages in the Urantia book that celebrate our complicated and diverse nature...the harsh lessons we have learned from our planets strange history. I feel honored to start from scratch. I love this part in the Urantia book...

Paper 67 The Planetary Rebellion

8. The Human Hero of the Rebellion

(761.8) 67:8.1 The Lucifer rebellion was withstood by many courageous beings on the various worlds of Satania; but the records of Salvington portray Amadon as the outstanding character of the entire system in his glorious rejection of the flood tides of sedition and in his unswerving devotion to Van — they stood together unmoved in their loyalty to the supremacy of the invisible Father and his Son Michael.

(762.1) 67:8.2 At the time of these momentous transactions I was stationed on Edentia, and I am still conscious of the exhilaration I experienced as I perused the Salvington broadcasts which told from day to day of the unbelievable steadfastness, the transcendent devotion, and the exquisite loyalty of this onetime semisavage springing from the experimental and original stock of the Andonic race.

(762.2) 67:8.3 From Edentia up through Salvington and even on to Uversa, for seven long years the first inquiry of all subordinate celestial life regarding the Satania rebellion, ever and always, was: “What of Amadon of Urantia, does he still stand unmoved?”

(762.3) 67:8.4 If the Lucifer rebellion has handicapped the local system and its fallen worlds, if the loss of this Son and his misled associates has temporarily hampered the progress of the constellation of Norlatiadek, then weigh the effect of the far-flung presentation of the inspiring performance of this one child of nature and his determined band of 143 comrades in standing steadfast for the higher concepts of universe management and administration in the face of such tremendous and adverse pressure exerted by his disloyal superiors. And let me assure you, this has already done more good in the universe of Nebadon and the superuniverse of Orvonton than can ever be outweighed by the sum total of all the evil and sorrow of the Lucifer rebellion.

(762.4) 67:8.5 And all this is a beautifully touching and superbly magnificent illumination of the wisdom of the Father’s universal plan for mobilizing the Corps of Mortal Finality on Paradise and for recruiting this vast group of mysterious servants of the future largely from the common clay of the mortals of ascending progression — just such mortals as the impregnable Amadon.

(762.5) 67:8.6 [Presented by a Melchizedek of Nebadon.]

When you think what one mortal did, what he stood for... I am filled with hope that we will not fail in whatever tasks are before us...after all we are Urantians and we are made of tough stuff! :sunflower:
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

Rebellion by a Planetary Prince instantly isolates his planet; the local spiritual circuits are immediately severed. Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world. (35:9.9)
:scratch: Do I understand correctly that the Lucifer rebellion has been adjudicated and that the interplanetary lines of communication have been re-established? If so, which bestowal son participated and was he present on Urantia for that event?

Rod
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "On Revelatory Claims", June 24, 2014
http://board.1111angels.com/viewtopic.p ... on#p185260

:idea: This message along with the UB's explanations of energy and communication circuits, universe administration levels (and beings), widespread delegation of authority and expertise, all hint that a bestowal Son would not have to personally activate interplanetary circuits. Undoubtedly, our universe's Master Son has full power and authority to request activation of the circuits. :!:

:scratch: This message also addressed conflicting information in recent years about Michael's promise to return to Urantia:

"Will you keep in mind that your receivers of celestial messages are not infallible, and that their own desires and convictions may interfere with genuine transmissions from spiritual channels? Finally, be aware that any change in the spiritual administration of Urantia will first be announced to your Planetary Prince, Machiventa, as he, as well as the Constellations Fathers, will necessarily be involved in the process."

:o And considering the current trend of world events, we might expect his return (and/or other celestial visitation) sooner than later:

"When your Creator Son returns to your world, it will most probably be a ministry visitation, as for that reason he visits many other worlds in his domain. Perhaps he may come in connection with some tribulation events that were prophesied by prophets of old, by himself, and even by his followers."

Rod