Personality In Relation to Soul

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
sammy
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Personality In Relation to Soul

Post by sammy »

I am wondering if someone can point me to any papers in the Urantia Book that discuss personality in relation to the soul. (Note to Sandy...I recall us discussing this not so long ago, but unfortunately I did not save the message) Here is why I am asking:

A friend of my mom's had an near death experience which she shared with us. What struck me was her saying "it felt like my personality was being pulled out of the top of my head". She specifically used the word personality. Her choice of the word "personality" struck me as an unusual choice of word for her description.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Love is a daily decision ~ Mom & Daddy John
sammy

Re: Personality In Relation to Soul

Post by sammy »

:lol: I think I found the paper in the Urantia book which will discuss personality. I copied it into Microsoft "WORD" to print it (hate reading at length on the computer) and when I did...LOOK what I got (VERY bottom, left hand corner of the picture):

Think maybe I'm supposed to read this? :lol:

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

Looks like it. LOL

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
sammy

Post by sammy »

I am ADHD reading!
The details of what transpires on that world during the time of awaiting the factual reappearance of the surviving mortal depend chiefly on whether the human being ascends to the mansion worlds in his own individual right or awaits a dispensational summoning of the sleeping survivors of a planetary age.
I copied/pasted the above from paper 112, but now I can't find it to show you the numerical designation preceding the paragraph.
(1234.4) 112:5.15 During the transit of surviving mortals from the world of origin to the mansion worlds, whether they experience personality reassembly on the third period or ascend at the time of a group resurrection,
Any clue where I might find more information on "dispensational summoning of the sleeping survivors of a planetary age"?

And what is meant by "group resurrection"? (That brings to mind the teachings of some religions that when we humans die we essentially cease to exist...or sleep until the 2nd coming of Jesus.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

sammy wrote:And what is meant by "group resurrection"?
LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Dear Sammy,

My take on this, is because these are "hard cases", it makes sense to handle them in big groups, no doubt allocating equally tough teachers. If you have read the only case I know of, of one of these sleeping survivors, you will see what I mean: http://new-birth.net/booklet/Letters_li ... man_a5.pdf you need to look at letter 39, page 162

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
sammy

Post by sammy »

Thank you Geoff! I will do this first thing in the morning! My brain is spinning with questions from that one paper (I have a tendency to learn tornado style...not a linear path :roll ) I'm trying REALLY hard to prioritize my questions and stay focused. So tomorrow I will start fresh with your kind references.

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
sammy

Post by sammy »

Ahhhhh! Finally, something I read that didn't add to my list of questions! THANK YOU Geoff!

I actually recall reading this a while ago, but had forgotten about it. Truly amazing how much I take in and then totally forget. :lol:

LOVE!!!!
Sammy
Judy11
Old Friend

Post by Judy11 »

Hi Sammy,

Regarding your question of the personality in relation to the soul, I have here some quotes you might like to have a look at:

Paper 5, section 5, par 13: Eternal survival of personality.......

Paper 16, section 9, par3: If a mortal fails to survive.....

Paper 30, section 4, par 11: Sleeping survivors......

Paper 30, section 4, par 15: The physical body......

Paper 112, section 0, par 15: personality may survive.....

Hoping that these parts in the Urantia Book may answer some of your questions.

Personally, when I seek for truth, I am going to the (for me) highest source possible, which is the Urantia Book, I don't stray much outside this revealed knowledge. it saves me a lot of time, so I don't waste precious time with biways. But that's just me. To each their own, yes?

Happy reading.

Blessings always,
the beaver