Caligastia's death

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
ofek
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Caligastia's death

Post by ofek »

on page 610 it says that he died. how was he killed? or how did he die? and what happened to the 681,217 material sons that went astray during the rebellion? and what about lucifer and satan?
"Your imperfection is what makes you perfect the way you are"
Learning from our imperfections is what we should strive for
Sandy
Staff
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: Caligastia's death

Post by Sandy »

Hi Ofek,

http://www.urantia.org/en/urantia-book- ... -rebellion
(609.6) 53:8.3 The bestowal of Michael terminated the Lucifer rebellion in all Satania aside from the planets of the apostate Planetary Princes. And this was the significance of Jesus’ personal experience, just before his death in the flesh, when he one day exclaimed to his disciples, “And I beheld Satan fall as lightning from heaven.” He had come with Lucifer to Urantia for the last crucial struggle.

(609.7) 53:8.4 The Son of Man was confident of success, and he knew that his triumph on your world would forever settle the status of his agelong enemies, not only in Satania but also in the other two systems where sin had entered. There was survival for mortals and security for angels when your Master, in reply to the Lucifer proposals, calmly and with divine assurance replied, “Get you behind me, Satan.” That was, in principle, the real end of the Lucifer rebellion. True, the Uversa tribunals have not yet rendered the executive decision regarding the appeal of Gabriel praying for the destruction of the rebels, but such a decree will, no doubt, be forthcoming in the fullness of time since the first step in the hearing of this case has already been taken.

(610.1) 53:8.5 Caligastia was recognized by the Son of Man as the technical Prince of Urantia up to near the time of his death. Said Jesus: “Now is the judgment of this world; now shall the prince of this world be cast down.” And then still nearer the completion of his lifework he announced, “The prince of this world is judged.” And it is this same dethroned and discredited Prince who was once termed “God of Urantia.”

(610.2) 53:8.6 The last act of Michael before leaving Urantia was to offer mercy to Caligastia and Daligastia, but they spurned his tender proffer. Caligastia, your apostate Planetary Prince, is still free on Urantia to prosecute his nefarious designs, but he has absolutely no power to enter the minds of men, neither can he draw near to their souls to tempt or corrupt them unless they really desire to be cursed with his wicked presence.

(610.3) 53:8.7 Before the bestowal of Michael these rulers of darkness sought to maintain their authority on Urantia, and they persistently withstood the minor and subordinate celestial personalities. But since the day of Pentecost this traitorous Caligastia and his equally contemptible associate, Daligastia, are servile before the divine majesty of the Paradise Thought Adjusters and the protective Spirit of Truth, the spirit of Michael, which has been poured out upon all flesh.

(610.4) 53:8.8 But even so, no fallen spirit ever did have the power to invade the minds or to harass the souls of the children of God. Neither Satan nor Caligastia could ever touch or approach the faith sons of God; faith is an effective armor against sin and iniquity. It is true: “He who is born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one touches him not.”

(610.5) 53:8.9 In general, when weak and dissolute mortals are supposed to be under the influence of devils and demons, they are merely being dominated by their own inherent and debased tendencies, being led away by their own natural propensities. The devil has been given a great deal of credit for evil which does not belong to him. Caligastia has been comparatively impotent since the cross of Christ.
I copied the above text for the ease of others. I think the way it is written (in bold above) it is a bit confusing. But in this instance I do not think that they are referring to the death of Caligastia. They are rather referring to Michael or Jesus's death here.

The Lucifer Rebellion was not concluded (adjudicated) until 1984 or 1985. So at the time of this writing the Rebels leaders were still awaiting the determination from the trials. I believe the book was in a way, preparation for what was soon to come... The conclusion of this problem and the re instigation of the universe circuits to our world. It is my understanding from early transmits that all of these Rebel leaders do not now exist. They chose this over rehabilitation. I do not know how this occurs... I will ask George if he knows more...

As for the Material sons and angels it goes on to say this...
(610.6) 53:9.1 Early in the days of the Lucifer rebellion, salvation was offered all rebels by Michael. To all who would show proof of sincere repentance, he offered, upon his attainment of complete universe sovereignty, forgiveness and reinstatement in some form of universe service. None of the leaders accepted this merciful proffer. But thousands of the angels and the lower orders of celestial beings, including hundreds of the Material Sons and Daughters, accepted the mercy proclaimed by the Panoptians and were given rehabilitation at the time of Jesus’ resurrection nineteen hundred years ago. These beings have since been transferred to the Father’s world of Jerusem, where they must be held, technically, until the Uversa courts hand down a decision in the matter of Gabriel vs. Lucifer. But no one doubts that, when the annihilation verdict is issued, these repentant and salvaged personalities will be exempted from the decree of extinction. These probationary souls now labor with the Panoptians in the work of caring for the Father’s world.
Since the adjudication I am not sure how many choose rehabilitation. They say hundreds of the material sons repented and accepted rehabilitation on the Father’s world but there were hundreds of thousands,( 681,227) of them that went astray. :shock:
(608.4) 53:7.8 The greatest loss occurred in the angelic ranks, but most of the lower orders of intelligence were involved in disloyalty. Of the 681,227 Material Sons lost in Satania, ninety-five per cent were casualties of the Lucifer rebellion. Large numbers of midway creatures were lost on those individual planets whose Planetary Princes joined the Lucifer cause.

Hoping for the best here and in the heavens! :finger:

Hugs,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

thank you sandy :)
The ones did not accept rehabilitation, what are they doing? are they on the same prison world satan and lucifer are?
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

You Know Ofek, I believe Lucifer and Satan are no more as are the other leaders. I will have to do some research and delve into some transmits in this area because it isn't something I have dwelt on at any length of time. (Very sad and depressing in some ways on so many levels.) The Universe, though, is always loving and merciful. I am convinced that every option was explored in the hopes of encouraging them to repent and move forward into the Light once again. It is said that Christ Michael wept when he heard of their decision to no longer exist rather than accept rehabilitation for their dirty deeds.

We live in a long anticipated and amazing time don't we? With the spiritual circuits reconnected, our planet can hopefully now move past all the pain of our checkered past and take our rightful place along side our many universe siblings. :sunflower:
Love,
Sandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

ofek wrote:thank you sandy :)
The ones did not accept rehabilitation, what are they doing? are they on the same prison world satan and lucifer are?
Dear ofek,

Refusing mercy, and refusing rehabilitation is something which leaves the Universe with no option really. Its a clarion call to be "no more." the Universe, at the level that we are talking about, cannot have individuals marching to a different tune. Its quite different at our level. We don't pose a threat. But if one ever gets to that level of advancement, and one decides to stand against All That Is, then there will only be one outcome. Of course Lucifer taught that there was no "All That Is"

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

wait so im confused. are the rest also on tye priaon worlds?
peace and love,
ofek
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear ofek,

Yes you are confused.

As best we know, there are no "prisoners" at this time. They are either "rehabilitated", or "wiped out". That happened about 1985. That is why I said if you refuse mercy, you leave no option. The Universe is not going to sustain a being that is traitorous, indefinitely.

love,
Geoff
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

Thank you Geoff. thats what i was hinking while reading the Ubook. I just needed a conformation. Do we have any knowledge how this wiping out is done?
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

ofek wrote:Thank you Geoff. thats what i was hinking while reading the Ubook. I just needed a conformation. Do we have any knowledge how this wiping out is done?
Dear ofek,

No, but George got something very weird: "he never was". In other words, it makes it as if he never was. Can't understand that, but its chilling.

love,
Geoff
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

oh wow thats actually what i was thinking because if they are spirtual beings they do not have a soul like we do so once theyr wiped out their is no trace of them anymore. Does that mean satan, lucifer and all the othere that were "wiped out" are as if they never were?
George
Angel in waiting

Post by George »

Hi Ofek,

To come closer to an understanding you need to contemplate the concept of Creation.

There are two aspects to Creation -- the initiation of of a Being, but also the maintenance of that Being.
In other words: All Beings are created or re-created from every moment to the next moment.
You might call that a process of being preserved, or sustained.

Human beings are the oddballs in the universe in that we have Thought Adjusters (pure spirit), other creatures (Celestials) don't.
Should one's soul have no redeemable qualities whatever, the Thought Adjuster would leave, and the soul would be so 'unreal' as to no longer find univere support, no longer be maintained, no longer be supported -- cease to exist.

Without a Thought Adjuster to indwell them the likes of Lanonandek and Vorondadek Sons (and all other time-space celestials) that went astray from their tasks can reach a 'tipping point' where their universe value or 'realness' is zero and their existence is terminated -- where the universe can no longer sustain zero value or zero reality.

There was a time when I comprehended this universal law better than I do now, but comprehension does not alway represent a knowing, nor an ability to adequately document.

The carrying out of the sentence of non existence by the Ancients of Days (as I understand it) might add up to no more than a simple 'universe notation' that hypothetical Celestial XYZ ceased to exist in time-space.

Paradise is not bothered by time, so (for instance) from the point of view of our dear Friend "Without Name Without Number" the time-space Celestial XYZ never was.

Cheers...
:bigsmurf:
ofek
Family

Post by ofek »

This is sooo interesting. I just love when i learn something new like this. I have a question. Has there ever been an instance when ones thought adjuster did leave and their soul did cease to exist?
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear ofek,

I realise that you are talking about humans who were so evil that their TA left. But there are a great many TA's here, who have previously guided humans. And, as best we know, in these cases these humans have merely failed to seek hard enough and did not desire to merge with their TA's. Others possibly, did not have that option. (Gets tricky here, talking of worlds other than our own.) Talking of humans, from this world, the Padgett Messages have long said that the MAJORITY will not fuse. Only recently in the Teaching Mission have they talked about "losses". The Padgett Messages however state that no one knows what the future holds for those mortals who lived moral lives, but simply "refused" (mostly in arrogant ignorance) the fusion option. Its possible they may in a few hundred thousand years get another chance. Or not. But if they don't, they are not "eternal" so in that sense, they are not real.

But the ones you are referring to, I have never come across an "example". I think George believes he knows one. But even incredibly evil men like Julius Caesar, Constantine, Hitler etc seem to have survived into the mansion worlds. But whether they ever learn THERE that they have a TA, and that they need to work towards fusion, I don't know. Apparently Mohammed and Buddha are not interested in fusion. So you see the issue. When spirits get very advanced, but still in the Mansion Worlds, its impossible really to "teach" them anything. They believe they know it all. HUMILITY is actually the only way you will never make a mistake.

love,
Geoff
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Dear Ofek,
You wrote:
I have a question. Has there ever been an instance when ones thought adjuster did leave and their soul did cease to exist?
It seems the physical human can exist after the TA leaves. This makes since when you consider a child lives quite nicely till the age of five or six when they often are indwelt by a particle of God after coming to their first moral decision. I don’t know if the desertion of a TA from their mortal charge ever constituted a physical death, though. I am not sure that it could or would. Many of our TA’s leave us periodically when we sleep in the care of our Destiny Guardians while they are out and about doing universe business.

This passage talks about death. page 1229 Paper 112 Personality Survival 3. The Phenomenon of Death
(1229. 8 ) 112:3.1 Urantians generally recognize only one kind of death, the physical cessation of life energies; but concerning personality survival there are really three kinds:

(1229.9) 112:3.2 1. Spiritual (soul) death. If and when mortal man has finally rejected survival, when he has been pronounced spiritually insolvent, morontially bankrupt, in the conjoint opinion of the Adjuster and the surviving seraphim, when such co-ordinate advice has been recorded on Uversa, and after the Censors and their reflective associates have verified these findings, thereupon do the rulers of Orvonton order the immediate release of the indwelling Monitor. But this release of the Adjuster in no way affects the duties of the personal or group seraphim concerned with that Adjuster-abandoned individual. This kind of death is final in its significance irrespective of the temporary continuation of the living energies of the physical and mind mechanisms. From the cosmic standpoint the mortal is already dead; the continuing life merely indicates the persistence of the material momentum of cosmic energies.

(1230.1) 112:3.3 2. Intellectual (mind) death. When the vital circuits of higher adjutant ministry are disrupted through the aberrations of intellect or because of the partial destruction of the mechanism of the brain, and if these conditions pass a certain critical point of irreparability, the indwelling Adjuster is immediately released to depart for Divinington. On the universe records a mortal personality is considered to have met with death whenever the essential mind circuits of human will-action have been destroyed. And again, this is death, irrespective of the continuing function of the living mechanism of the physical body. The body minus the volitional mind is no longer human, but according to the prior choosing of the human will, the soul of such an individual may survive.

(1230.2) 112:3.4 3. Physical (body and mind) death. When death overtakes a human being, the Adjuster remains in the citadel of the mind until it ceases to function as an intelligent mechanism, about the time that the measurable brain energies cease their rhythmic vital pulsations. Following this dissolution the Adjuster takes leave of the vanishing mind, just as unceremoniously as entry was made years before, and proceeds to Divinington by way of Uversa.

(1230.3) 112:3.5 After death the material body returns to the elemental world from which it was derived, but two nonmaterial factors of surviving personality persist: The pre-existent Thought Adjuster, with the memory transcription of the mortal career, proceeds to Divinington; and there also remains, in the custody of the destiny guardian, the immortal morontia soul of the deceased human. These phases and forms of soul, these once kinetic but now static formulas of identity, are essential to repersonalization on the morontia worlds; and it is the reunion of the Adjuster and the soul that reassembles the surviving personality, that reconsciousizes you at the time of the morontia awakening.

(1230.4) 112:3.6 For those who do not have personal seraphic guardians, the group custodians faithfully and efficiently perform the same service of identity safekeeping and personality resurrection. The seraphim are indispensable to the reassembly of personality.

I have been doing some reading this afternoon about Thought Adjusters in the Urantia Book. Fascinating information, truly. You may be interested in reading these papers which cover more deeply into the work of the Thought Adjusters. Beginning with Paper 107, 108, 109, 110, 111, and 112.

I read something earlier related to the experience an Adjuster acquires in inhabiting the mind of humans... On page 1197 3. Relations of Adjusters to Mortal types: (Mystery Monitor is just another name for Adjuster.)
3. Relation of Adjusters to Mortal Types

(1197.3) 109:3.1 The character of the detailed work of Mystery Monitors varies in accordance with the nature of their assignments, as to whether or not they are liaison or fusion Adjusters. Some Adjusters are merely loaned for the temporal lifetimes of their subjects; others are bestowed as personality candidates with permission for everlasting fusion if their subjects survive. There is also a slight variation in their work among the different planetary types as well as in different systems and universes. But, on the whole, their labors are remarkably uniform, more so than are the duties of any of the created orders of celestial beings.

(1197.4) 109:3.2 On certain primitive worlds (the series one group) the Adjuster indwells the mind of the creature as an experiential training, chiefly for self-culture and progressive development. Virgin Adjusters are usually sent to such worlds during the earlier times when primitive men are arriving in the valley of decision, but when comparatively few will elect to ascend the moral heights beyond the hills of self-mastery and character acquirement to attain the higher levels of emerging spirituality. (Many, however, who fail of Adjuster fusion do survive as Spirit-fused ascenders.) The Adjusters receive valuable training and acquire wonderful experience in transient association with primitive minds, and they are able subsequently to utilize this experience for the benefit of superior beings on other worlds. Nothing of survival value is ever lost in all the wide universe.

(1197.5) 109:3.3 On another type of world (the series two group) the Adjusters are merely loaned to mortal beings. Here the Monitors can never attain fusion personality through such indwelling, but they do afford great help to their human subjects during the mortal lifetime, far more than they are able to give to Urantia mortals. The Adjusters are here loaned to the mortal creatures for a single life span as patterns for their higher spiritual attainment, temporary helpers in the intriguing task of perfecting a survival character. The Adjusters do not return after natural death; these surviving mortals attain eternal life through Spirit fusion.

(1197.6) 109:3.4 On worlds such as Urantia (the series three group) there is a real betrothal with the divine gifts, a life and death engagement. If you survive, there is to be an eternal union, an everlasting fusion, the making of man and Adjuster one being.

(1197.7) 109:3.5 In the three-brained mortals of this series of worlds, the Adjusters are able to gain far more actual contact with their subjects during the temporal life than in the one- and two-brained types. But in the career after death, the three-brained type proceed just as do the one-brained type and the two-brained peoples — the Urantia races.

(1198.1) 109:3.6 On the two-brain worlds, subsequent to the sojourn of a Paradise bestowal Son, virgin Adjusters are seldom assigned to persons who have unquestioned capacity for survival. It is our belief that on such worlds practically all Adjusters indwelling intelligent men and women of survival capacity belong to the advanced or to the supreme type.

(1198.2) 109:3.7 In many of the early evolutionary races of Urantia, three groups of beings existed. There were those who were so animalistic that they were utterly lacking in Adjuster capacity. There were those who exhibited undoubted capacity for Adjusters and promptly received them when the age of moral responsibility was attained. There was a third class who occupied a borderline position; they had capacity for Adjuster reception, but the Monitors could only indwell the mind on the personal petition of the individual.

(1198.3) 109:3.8 But with those beings who are virtually disqualified for survival by disinheritance through the agency of unfit and inferior ancestors, many a virgin Adjuster has served a valuable preliminary experience in contacting evolutionary mind and thus has become better qualified for a subsequent assignment to a higher type of mind on some other world.

A little later on I read this and thought it interesting too.. (Truly if I put down every quote here I thought was interesting and worthy I would have quoted the whole book. :mrgreen: )
(1198. 8 ) 109 : 4.5 I have observed a Thought Adjuster indwelling a mind on Urantia who has, according to the records on Uversa, indwelt fifteen minds previously in Orvonton. We do not know whether this Monitor has had similar experiences in other super universes, but I suspect so. This is a marvelous Adjuster and one of the most useful and potent forces on Urantia during this present age. What others have lost, in that they refused to survive, this human being (and your whole world) now gains. From him who has not survival qualities, shall be taken away even that experienced Adjuster which he now has, while to him who has survival prospects, shall be given even the pre-experienced Adjuster of a slothful deserter.

(1199.1) 109:4.6 In a sense the Adjusters may be fostering a certain degree of planetary cross-fertilization in the domains of truth, beauty, and goodness. But they are seldom given two indwelling experiences on the same planet; there is no Adjuster now serving on Urantia who has been on this world previously. I know whereof I speak since we have their numbers and records in the archives of Uversa.
Now something to keep in mind is that we are in a new dispensation now since the Urantia Book has been written... so some "do’s and don’ts" may have changed a fraction of a bit. But it is a small comfort from the above quote to know that the experience of a mortal who chooses not to exist becomes immortal in a way as it becomes the experience of the once occupying Thought Adjuster.

Whenever thinking about survival of ourselves and others, I think it is important to remember the most wonderful of Guides, the experienced TA’s who indwell us who are assisted in their work by numerous universe inhabitants and Teachers whose jobs revolve around gently guiding the human mortals and morontia ascenders towards the fulfilling journey of Spirit fusion and ever increasing God knowing. I would like to think that the universe has somewhat perfected the way this is accomplished even on backwards spheres such as our Urantia. So ever hopeful, I trust my fate to the friendly universe which forever echoes the will of the First Source and Center where Love, Mercy, Compassion and Patience is fundamental.

Love you guys,
Sandy
rogerkrupa
Busy Bee
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by rogerkrupa »

:evil: It would seem to me that one would have to beg forgiveness from all that one had wronged, as well as forgive ones self. That would require that someone like Hitler would have to humble himself before at least six million people that suffered and died because of his actions. Can you even imagine what that would be like? :sorry:
We don't inherit the world from our ancestors. We borrow it from our children.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

I may not be Hitler, but I will have my hands full in this begging forgiveness department. I think there are amazing lessons to be learned by begging forgiveness and being the one who does the forgiving. Thankfully, we have an entire eternity to do what ever is needed to reach lofty goals of self knowledge, as well as universe Knowledge and Love knowledge that continue forever in the most wonderful of ways, of course.
XX Sandy