applying the teachings to everyday life

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
happy 1
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

applying the teachings to everyday life

Post by happy 1 »

Happy - Happy New Year to All from the Happy 1,

I have been close friends with a neighbor for 8 years now. She has all those fears that I don’t understand. Fear of heights, hoarding, socially unemployable, etc. She has been damaged by others in the past which fosters serious control issues. She tries to plan my days for me.
I treat her with respect because I believe that is something one decides to give regardless of whether one deserves it or not. The Teachers have stated respect the thought adjuster within another, which affirms my decision. I try not to get pulled into or enable her sicknesses. I try to support her and affirm her short lived resolutions.
This morning I was looking in the concordance on friendship. I hit on Pg1775. 6 & 7. The Art of Living( 2. The union of souls--). . I realized just this morning I had asked her opinion on the statement “the absence of fear is love” She shared her opinion, I listened…….. I suddenly remembered this being Jesus stile of teaching. Asking Questions. I could try it more often.
I guess I was evaluating my association with her. It’s a new year ya know! There is seemingly no signs that her association with me for the last 8yrs has given rise to her overcoming even one of these fears. Then I was thinking that my thought adjuster and other teachers must really be tired of me! They must exercise a huge amount of patience ……….and love and mercy………and forgiveness……..and……I think I should give them a day off !

Thoughts??

Your trusted servant,

Happy1 :loves
Paul

Re: applying the teachings to everyday life

Post by Paul »

Dear Happy,

While we are living here as mortals there will always be a duality. We live as humans while aspiring to the heights of spirit. We have so many animal fears that are part of our makeup. It is very hard to overcome that. In your friends case she may have some form of obsessive compulsive disorder. The fact that you have associated with her for eight years and have not noticed anything overt happening does not mean that her Adjuster is not connecting with her. It just means that she is struggling with a mental illness which will not vanish until she arrives on the mansion worlds.

Here is what you can do Happy. Simply ask your Thought Adjuster to connect with your friend's Thought Adjuster. Remember that you will not be consciously aware of any development. The development is taking place on the superconscious level. And besides all of that, just continue to show your friend unconditional love. Throw away any judgment and simply love her.

A person could understand intellectually that the absence of fear is love. But organically, biologically, they are still suffering from a mental illness which makes them prone to certain irrational fears. Your friend may very well agree with your statement, but she is not able to overcome it because of some biological defect. Just continue to love her where shes is at and be confident that one day these issues will be behind her.

Love,
Paul
happy 1
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Re: applying the teachings to everyday life

Post by happy 1 »

Thank you Paul.