Fear

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
LolaandLight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Fear

Post by LolaandLight »

I know that fear is something that we are advised to leave behind in favor complete trust in our Father/Creator. What if your fear is that you will not be connected enough to hear directions well enough or to follow them as given? What if your fear is of your own failings in this regard? Is there something in the UBook about this?
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: Fear

Post by Geoff »

Dear Lola,

To me a fear like that is pointless, and perhaps emanates out of a lack of self esteem, rather than anything else. A feeling that you are not good enough?

I do my very best to listen, and do Father's Will. That is all He hopes for.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Lola,

I wouldn't worry that you cannot hear every message coming through. We are all works in progress. We all stumble many times. We all err. Yet, those of us that have been born of the spirit no longer fear. We know that we are already on the path that leads to the Father. If we fall, we may rise again. The Father's loving hand will always be extended to help us get up again. Here is a quote from the UB that I think you will find appropriate.

34.7.8 Having started out on the way of life everlasting, having accepted the assignment and received your orders to advance, do not fear the dangers of human forgetfulness and mortal inconstancy, do not be troubled with doubts of failure or by perplexing confusion, do not falter and question your status and standing, for in every dark hour, at every crossroad in the forward struggle, the Spirit of Truth will always speak, saying, “This is the way.”

Love,
Paul
LolaandLight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by LolaandLight »

Geoff,

It is a lack of self esteem. Part of it was born of life experiences and part of it was born of past treatment by others, the way I was raised. It is hard to get the voices of those that raised you out of your head even when you have been an adult for a very long time. I have prayed for help with this and am doing far better then I was when I was a young adult.

Paul,

Thank you so much. Your words gave me a great sense of peace. I am going to copy the section you posted and put it in my daily prayer document to remind myself. It did uplift my soul. You know, so often we hold ideas in our minds that we are not even aware of. In reading the section, I could plainly see that there is, was that is, a small part of me that believed that because I turned my ear away from them at times during my life, that, while I am turning in now, it would have little if any results due to my past failings. Reading that section gave me a measure of peace about this. Self forgiveness is probably the thing I struggle the most with. I find it far easier to forgive others than I do myself. Thank you so much for your efforts to comfort me.
Lola
crluvearth
Busy Bee

Post by crluvearth »

Hi Lola,

Thank you for your honesty and trust, it can be hard to state the struggles we are having. I find being on a Spiritual journey I think all my defects should just magically disappear but I am finding I have to see them first, acknowledge them and then work through them. And it seems the farther along I get on this journey the more that is revealed about myself- it's not always the good or easy stuff and it brings up a lot of fear for me.

A couple of weeks ago the List Op email had the following, A Lesson on Being and it really rung true for me and reminded me I don't have to be perfect and it's all about progress, not perfection :D

Here's a small portion of the lesson, hope it helps:
“It is to your being that I draw your attention today, because I also know of your inner longings and desires to come closer to Me so you can have that living connection with Me at all times, yes, at every moment in your life. Think of what that would mean; to have such clear channels of listening skills and communication that you would know what to do in every situation. This is not yet a possibility, because you would then not learn from your mistakes, and since you need to learn from your mistakes, and so gather the necessary wisdom, I would be doing you a great disservice to allow you such complete access to Me. It is through struggling that a soul becomes free and learns to flex its faith and trust muscles on which to soar heavenward in truth, beauty and goodness."

Best,
Cindy