ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
Twinstars
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY

Post by Twinstars »

Part One: on ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY for a Book Club Topic...Broken down (read Bold type) to be understandable first in it's most basic form to wee mortals. Anyway, this is what came to me.

ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY - P.1183

P.1183 - §3 Thought Adjusters are not personalities, but they are real entities; they are truly and perfectly individualized, although they are never, while indwelling mortals, actually personalized. Thought Adjusters are not true personalities; they are true realities, realities of the purest order known in the universe of universes--they are the divine presence. Though not personal, these marvelous fragments of the Father are commonly referred to as beings and sometimes, in view of the spiritual phases of their present ministry to mortals, as spirit entities.

P.1183 - §4 If Thought Adjusters are not personalities having prerogatives of will and powers of choice, how then can they select mortal subjects and volunteer to indwell these creatures of the evolutionary worlds? This is a question easy to ask, but probably no being in the universe of universes has ever found the exact answer. Even my order of personality, the Solitary Messengers, does not fully understand the endowment of will, choice, and love in entities that are not personal.

P.1183 - §5 We have often speculated that Thought Adjusters must have volition on all prepersonal levels of choice. They volunteer to indwell human beings, they lay plans for man's eternal career, they adapt, modify, and substitute in accordance with circumstances, and these activities connote genuine volition. They have affection for mortals, they function in universe crises, they are always waiting to act decisively in accordance with human choice, and all these are highly volitional reactions. In all situations not concerned with the domain of the human will, they unquestionably exhibit conduct which betokens the exercise of powers in every sense the equivalent of will, maximated decision.

P.1183 - §6 Why then, if Thought Adjusters possess volition, are they subservient to the mortal will? We believe it is because Adjuster volition, though absolute in nature, is prepersonal in manifestation. Human will functions on the personality level of universe reality, and throughout the cosmos the impersonal--the nonpersonal, the subpersonal, and the prepersonal--is ever responsive to the will and acts of existent personality.

P.1183 - §7 Throughout a universe of created beings and nonpersonal energies we do not observe will, volition, choice, and love manifested apart from personality. Except in the Adjusters and other similar entities we do not witness these attributes

P.1184 - §0 of personality functioning in association with impersonal realities. It would not be correct to designate an Adjuster as subpersonal, neither would it be proper to allude to such an entity as superpersonal, but it would be entirely permissible to term such a being prepersonal.

P.1184 - §1 To our orders of being these fragments of Deity are known as the divine gifts. We recognize that the Adjusters are divine in origin, and that they constitute the probable proof and demonstration of a reservation by the Universal Father of the possibility of direct and unlimited communication with any and all material creatures throughout his virtually infinite realms, and all of this quite apart from his presence in the personalities of his Paradise Sons or through his indirect ministrations in the personalities of the Infinite Spirit.

P.1184 - §2 There are no created beings that would not delight to be hosts to the Mystery Monitors, but no orders of beings are thus indwelt excepting evolutionary will creatures of finaliter destiny.

Love All,
John
Love All...

~"See the Light, and you will know. Know the Light, and you will be."~ An etherVoice.
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Re: ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY

Post by Geoff »

Dear John,

So what is the question?

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
LolaandLight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by LolaandLight »

I have a question, I have a memory of floating around in front of God asking to come to a person that just happens to go by my name. Reading the above, of how a TA can select the human they come to, got me thinking about a memory of mine. Is it possible that this is a memory of my Thought Adjuster? Now, if so, why would my Thought Adjuster share this memory with me? I have also had a memory of the training that "she" had prior to floating in front of God. I mostly had this memory come back to me when I was a child walking home from school alone. However, even now, when I pray, I am able to pull those memories and the accompanying emotions of love for the person that was the object of the entity's concern into my mind.

What's it all about, huh, huh, huh? Cause this has had me flabergasted for some time. Not to mention the memory of being a spot of light with personality and will. I have asked for explanations when in prayer and have not ever received any beyond basically telling me that I know and a bit of frustration in the fact that I have yet to own up to whatever this "Truth" is. I hope they don't mind me talking about this. :oops:
Lola
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Lola,

The thought adjusters are trained before they start out on an evolutionary world. Is it possible that your thought adjuster was letting bleed through the period of training to your conscious awareness? I would guess that it is possible. Also, typically a thought adjuster will begin to dwell their human charges when they make their first moral decision at about the age of five or six.

108:1.2 Although we do not definitely know, we firmly believe that all Thought Adjusters are volunteers. But before ever they volunteer, they are in possession of full data respecting the candidate for indwelling. The seraphic drafts of ancestry and projected patterns of life conduct are transmitted via Paradise to the reserve corps of Adjusters on Divinington by the reflectivity technique extending inward from the capitals of the local universes to the headquarters of the superuniverses. This forecast covers not only the hereditary antecedents of the mortal candidate but also the estimate of probable intellectual endowment and spiritual capacity. The Adjusters thus volunteer to indwell minds of whose intimate natures they have been fully apprised.

So Lola, your thought adjuster knew everything that there was to know about you before she started out on her journey. (I am using she or he in referring to the pure spirit thought adjuster, but the thought adjusters are non-gendered. As we reach Paradise we will identify less and less with a particular gender) They could simply look at your dna blueprint and all your ancesters and see the trends that would be forthcoming.

There is also a school on the Father's sacred sphere of Divinington where the Father fragments receive training for their space adventure. When the Master Architects of the Universe were formulating their plan for the physical universe and of all its various creations there were to be different levels of mortal fusions. It does not mean that any one order is above another. It just means that in this universe age we are being trained for something amazing to come in the next universe age. Although, we have many, many eons to go before this universe age has seen its completion.

Also remember that we are contributing to God the Supreme. God The Supreme is the finite god of experience. Our Heavenly Father has lived eternally. There is never a time that He did not exist. For finite creatures to understand an infinite God would be impossible. But to create a finite God would enable all finite creatures the ability to better understand the infinite God. So, all of us humans and all other creatures throughout the seven super universes are contributing to the growth of the God the Supreme in this universe age through our experiences. As we live, grow and choose, the finite God grows. This finite God, at the end of this universe age, will be fully revealed. It will be the finite expression of the infinite God to all of his finite creatures. And the awesome point about it is that we all will have contributed to the growth of this finite God through our own experiences.

The Father knows all. There is nothing that He does not know. Yet, He never experienced anything because He did not need to. Well, He decided to remedy that situation by living vicariously through our experiences. He would give us the awesome gifts of life and free will and He would become partners with us. Well, how could we become partners with the infinite God if He dwells in Paradise? Well, the answer was to fragmentize Himself. He would send an almost infinite amount of fragments of Himself to dwell in the minds of his evolutionary children.

So, when we begin to see the whole picture it is overwhelming. The beauty of His plan is sublime. The infinite Father would become partners with the lowest forms of creature life by sending fragments of Himself to dwell within the minds of his mortal children. These fragments would work ceaselessly and tirelessly to spiritualize their mortal children. The love for these children would be so intense that they would never give up in trying to awaken these mortals to the glories that lay ahead if they chose the ascension journey. You could say that the Father has sent these fragments of Himself to us to bring us home.

Over eons of time these mortal children would become partners with the infinite Father through the fragmented entities that He had sent from Paradise. The two that had been separate would become one. An animal like human would rise above his origins to become as one with the Infinite, divine Father. And one day in the far distant future we will stand before the very Father that, eons ago, purposed to bring a new kind of child into the universe. One that would start out imperfect and incomplete would become perfect as the Father is perfect.

We are just beginning on our eternal journey of discovery. There are so many gifts now and in the future that we cannot even imagine. Yet, all this is possible because the First Cause of us all loved us so much that He sent portions of Himself to come find us and carry us home. And when this universe age ends and all the super universes have reached the final stages of light and life, God the Supreme will be revealed. We will have a profound understanding of the Heavenly Father. At least as we can understand from a finite perspective. Then the next universe age will start and God the Ultimate will be our next journey of discovery. These various Gods are the way that our Heavenly Father down steps Himself so that we will have an even deeper understanding of Him. This will be followed by many more ages and things will be revealed about the Father that we could never imagine. But it seems that not even eternity will be able to reveal all of those mysteries.

Love,
Paul
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Paul,

Thank you for the beautiful reply. I remember when I was somewhere around the age of four (alot happened that year) I stood up to my giant father on behalf of my mother and told him that he was being unfair to her as he didn't want her to work and that he should let her be free to work if that made her happy. I can remember this a bit. My father repeated the story to me and said that I stamped my foot after giving my speech. When I was four, I was locked in the basement of a house and a voice directed me what to do and what not to do. I am figuring now that this was my TA.

In the memory of floating in front of God asking to come to me, I do recall that they knew exactly who this person was and that God said that it would be very hard, but did not say why. The "I" in the memory explained the training which had been received. In my memories, I can remember some of the training and my "trainer". I still do not get why these memories are bleeding to me. Surely, there has to be a reason why they are being placed into my concious mind.
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

LolaandLight wrote:I have a question, I have a memory of floating around in front of God asking to come to a person that just happens to go by my name. Reading the above, of how a TA can select the human they come to, got me thinking about a memory of mine. Is it possible that this is a memory of my Thought Adjuster? Now, if so, why would my Thought Adjuster share this memory with me? I have also had a memory of the training that "she" had prior to floating in front of God. I mostly had this memory come back to me when I was a child walking home from school alone. However, even now, when I pray, I am able to pull those memories and the accompanying emotions of love for the person that was the object of the entity's concern into my mind.

What's it all about, huh, huh, huh? Cause this has had me flabergasted for some time. Not to mention the memory of being a spot of light with personality and will. I have asked for explanations when in prayer and have not ever received any beyond basically telling me that I know and a bit of frustration in the fact that I have yet to own up to whatever this "Truth" is. I hope they don't mind me talking about this. :oops:
Dear Lola,

Its very common for TAs or Indwelling Spirits to share their memories, and it is one source of so called "past life" info as pretty much all of those here now, have previously guided another mortal, albeit on another planet.

love,
Geoff.
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Say what?
Lola
Paul

Post by Paul »

What Geoff was saying Lola is that thought adjusters get their start on an evolutionary world that is in its early stages. In other words, the mortals on the early evolutionary planets do have spiritual help with the Father fragments, but these fragments do not ultimately fuse with their mortal children. The early age mortals eventually become spirit fused. That is they fuse with a portion of their local mother spirit. The mother spirit is also known as the Holy Spirit in the scriptures.

Now, that Father fragment will go to another planet where mortals dwell. (The thought adjusters do not dwell in the minds of a human from the same planet twice) This fragment will have been experienced since He had already the experience of helping a mortal through the evolutionary life. Now suppose this next mortal refuses to fuse with His thought adjuster. Then this thought adjuster will go to yet another planet and dwell in the mind of another mortal. If this mortal chooses to become one with the Father fragment then it will no longer dwell in another mortals mind. Eventually, this thought adjuster and his mortal partner will fuse as one.

Now, what Geoff was alluding to is the fact that these thought adjusters will take the life experience of their previous charges into the next mortals life. Sometimes the life of those other mortals will come through to conscious awareness of that present mortal. This person will think that these experiences are his own from another life. Thus this person thinks that he has lived before. He thinks that he has been reincarnated and that he has been reincarnated many times. In reality what is happening is that the Father fragments previous missions with his mortal assignments are coming through to his new assignment. As a result, some persons will think that these are their own experiences and that they have lived before.

Love,
Paul
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Okay, I got that. Well, I gotta tell ya, my TA has been some pretty fascinating places with some pretty fascinating folks. Anyway, I definately get the impression that these memories are purposefully fed to me, partially because they are repeated as if they are part of my training for my human life. Now, I got another one for you. Yesterday, I kept hearing at least one of them telling me that I am dead that that I have to get on to remembering that. I feel like I have been in training and until I get a few of these principals fused into my consciousness and demonstrate my using them in my life, I will continue to be sequestured. This is another thing I was recently told. Okay, can ya tell my head is spinning. Got another one, the lady down the street with the dangerous son, when I saw her driving pass me during the summer last year, there were these bat like things flying behind her.

Thank you so much for your patience. I am sorry if I come across as sounding flippant. But, this is a mystery I have lived with more or less aware at times of it since I was very young. I remember being a kid and just talking with them all the time making observations about things. It wasn't until I started repeating things that they told me about people and my Dad told me that I was scaring people that I stopped interacting with them regularly and gradually I became less aware of it all. I just want so much to understand it.

One thing I was told when I was around 19, the voice said that I was curious as to my purpose in being. She then said "Your reason to be is in the winds, in the hush and softness of a kiss, as nature lives you live, a spirit a part of the wind." There was a bit more to it. But, essentially that is it.
Lola
Twinstars
Family

Post by Twinstars »

I don't know what the question is Geoff. I tossed it out there to get some discussion going on it. :mrgreen:

Love,
John
Love All...

~"See the Light, and you will know. Know the Light, and you will be."~ An etherVoice.
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

LolaandLight wrote:Got another one, the lady down the street with the dangerous son, when I saw her driving pass me during the summer last year, there were these bat like things flying behind her.
Looks like you have spirit vision, and those are probably astral energy forms, possibly negative forms. She may have created them, or attracted them.
LolaandLight wrote:One thing I was told when I was around 19, the voice said that I was curious as to my purpose in being. She then said "Your reason to be is in the winds, in the hush and softness of a kiss, as nature lives you live, a spirit a part of the wind." There was a bit more to it. But, essentially that is it.
Lovely words.

love,
Geoff
DJKENZ
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46372
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91284

Post by DJKENZ »

Geoff,
God bless you for having opened up this essential forum!

John, this is the 3rd time that you read my mind & opened or answered a topic that
has been on my mind for a few weeks or more.

Paul, your writing & explanations are outta-this-world mate! ;)
Need I mention that I didn't see a single spelling mistake or grammatical error in your posts above!!

I don't understand this technicality of prepersonal, subpersonal, etc.
Those phrases don't even exist on dictionary.com
How are we supposed to understand this very difficulat concept of what the TA really is
without the usage of words we know?
I tell you, the more I read stuff on this board and the UB, the closer to a lowly animal form I feel...heh heh

From the beginning, ever since I read the UB, I've been regularly
flipping back-n-forth between conceptualizing the TA as a spirit personality, a metaphysical "plugin" in
a mortal's body/metaphysical body...or just a STATIC/unmoving./unchanging presence of God.
with John's post, this boils down to what the heck...really....is "personality"?????
Is it the bestowal of free will in a soul that makes personality - which has choices? Or somethin' else?

I'm thoroughly confused. Please enlighten me.

Lola, firstly thank you for your warm words on my mp3 on another thread. You made my day!
Secondly, if there's a way I can create a production customized for you to help you
find answers you seek (provided you are allowed to have them,) allow me to assist.
This would be a customized deep hypnosis mp3 to bring your mind to a state where
you can get some answers.
YOU would need to guide me as to exactly how you think this can be achieved
especially what questions do you want to ask yourself & we can
figure out the proper script for me to record and produce & deliver to you.

Your case is interesting in which you have memories (of possibly the TA) talking to you.
There are lots of people in India that have spontaneous recollections of past-lives. Especially kids.
It's sinking into me what Paul/UB says...that mortals are simply accessing memories
of the TA. Chief Bzutu (ABC-22) has clearly stated, that in over 30,000 years, they've never seen anyone
re-incarnated on Urantia. That proposition sounds logical to me.
-------------------------------------
"Every person is a birth-less, timeless, immortal, invisible, indescribable AWARENESS
that decided to take birth & become a time-bound, mortal, visible, describable CONSCIOUSNESS." -DJKenz
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Yes Geoff the words are lovely. However, they tell me little about putting my feet down on terra firma and walking through daily life as this mortal being that I am. This material world is so strange in its alignment in terms of values and priorites and preoccupations. Most of what is going on just makes absolutely no sense if it is the goal of mankind to move forward with some sembelence of well, common sense. So, when I go to a job interview and look into the eyes of strangers wanting them to like me, what I see there is often a bunch of nonsense and I gotta get these folks to see me as one of their own.

Now, right after reading you guy's posts, I went to bed (writing a bit of a dairy here aren't I?) and it came to me what I had been missing and what those guys (the others, the teachers, the watchers) kept thinking I would never get, I got it. They didn't think I would come to grasp that magnitude, the power, the all encompassing embrace of God's love over me, flowers, birds, every single human no matter how ugly their actions or minds appear to be, that I would get that it is all within His love, but particularly I would not get it as it applies me. I didn't see how I actually kind of float around in his love. We all do if we chose to. Then, I could see that I, we, they, you, me, exist, should we accept the invitation of the prompts, both in the material and the other (however you want to describe it) at once. Because they are "here" we can be "there". Does that make sense at all? I am afraid if I put the words down wrong, I will lose the realization of this. If indeed anything I said actuarately describes a blessed thing. This feeling is new to me tonight and yet it is at the same time very, very old.

Still, how do I walk with feet firmly on the ground with so many of my mortal brothers and sisters not carrying this same knowing and actually thinking that getting that new SUV, or whatever, is more important than anything else they have to do in their lives and they will bowl over anyone that threatens their ability to do so. (Hence the fight against universal healthcare in the US).

Oh, and when I was a kid talking to "them" I called them "the Teacher". I also remembered that tonight.

After all of that, here is the question, how do I go on in the world with all this swirling knowledge? Especially when I am the only one that I know of in my town, that carries this with me? Oh, and by the way, I am a lawyer. Do you know how little justice there is in the justice system over here? How do you stop yourself from telling folks how ridiculous this all is so that you can get and keep a job? Want a really good scare? Work in a trial court over in the US for a while. Talk to some prosecutors and public defenders. Sit in a courtroom. Listen to them "chat". Then, tell me how to effect change with what is in me? It makes it all seem as if we have so very far to go. I got another one, work at a construction site trying to get a bunch of old timer construction project managers to stay on the straight and narrow when you know that they built their homes, bought their property, sent their kids to college, by taking money under the table and part of your job is to stay on top of them and the subcontractors that are slipping them money to turn their heads at times. Okay, there are a few questions in there. I am on a roll. Sorry if I am getting on your nerves.

DJKenz,

Your post slipped in when I was writing this one and so I am editing it. Boy what an offer!!!!!! Bless you, bless you, bless you. :sunflower: I gotta ask them to show me some more of their swirling stuff that somehow, some part of me gets understanding from. This is something new. I think your MP3 opened that up when I was able to let go of holding on to my mother. I know now that she is in some other plane somewhere and was only on loan to me so to speak.
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

DJKENZ wrote: Chief Bzutu (ABC-22) has clearly stated, that in over 30,000 years, they've never seen anyone
And Andrea says the same, but she's 500,000 years old.

The issue with personality is that really we don't quite know what it is, and we certainly cannot understand how a being could have no personality. But that is why we can fuse, and retain our own identity/personality.

love,
Geoff
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

LolaandLight wrote:Still, how do I walk with feet firmly on the ground with so many of my mortal brothers and sisters not carrying this same knowing and actually thinking that getting that new SUV, or whatever, is more important than anything else they have to do in their lives and they will bowl over anyone that threatens their ability to do so. .
Dear Lola,

Well that is why I am retired from the commercial world, as just being around commercially focused individuals drains me too much. When I ran my own business 100%, it was ok, but my business did not grow as it needed to. So now I have two partners working flat out, and i stay away.

The answer Lola, is you can't change anyone else, and actually its not your place to do that anyway. Just look after yourself, and while they are young, your kids. Just living in love.

love,
Geoff
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Lola,

I too have discovered things that would blow you away. The reality that we had been led to believe is really a lie. There are a few persons in the world that run the show and see to it that we will remain in slavery. Just think what a different world it could be if the whole world knew that we were all inhabited by a fragment of the infinite Father. Instead of believing that we don't deserve anything or that we don't measure up, we would discover that we have infinite potential. We have infinite potential because a piece of the infinite Father dwells in our minds. Because nothing is impossible for the Father nothing is impossible for us. We can pursue anything that we want to pursue. We can become anything that we want to become.

Yet, we are kept so busy by the rulers of this world to just pay the bills that we cannot even entertain the possibility that there is a different reality for us. But we have been enlightened. We let our light so shine so that others may be attracted to our light. We know that there is much hope to be shared with those that we meet each day. But it is true that we cannot change another. Each day we may have to deal with rude, nasty, abusive people. We are tested to the limit. How can we love those that are so abusive?

There are so many things that we are unaware of. We don't know what a person has gone through. We don't know their genetic background. We don't know the environment they grew up in. We don't know who their parents were. We don't know their present circumstances. Are they mentally ill? Are they addicted to drugs or alcohol? So, if we look at these people the way that the Father looks at them, He strips away the time factor. He sees them as they will be in the future. He knows what they have suffered and why. He knows why they behave the way that they do. How do you know that you will not affect someone by your behavior? How do you know that someone will not transform because they were so moved by your unconditional love? We don't change anyone by insisting that they change. Others around us may change as they observe us in action. If we reflect the love of the Father it may move them to ask why we are the way that we are. If we let our light shine we just might lead them from the darkness into the light. And if they don't change in this world, they may very well change when they arrive in the next world. Living as we do in a world of rebellion it is so important to be understanding, merciful, sympathetic and compassionate. Many of us cannot help what we do here. So many are not even aware that there is any hope beyond this world.

Hi John,

It is difficult to understand a being that is pre-personal. The way I understand it is that the Father fragment acquiesces to our will and to our personality. At the same time this pre-personal fragment is communicating to us the way of the Father. As we progress spirituality and become aware of our Father fragment this entity makes adjustments and attunements. We may not be consciously aware of it, but if we could look back we would see a change.

I always used to think that we needed to completely give our will over to the Father's will. But I don't see it that way anymore. Our personality and our will is dominant. Never does the Father and never will the Father ever impose His will upon us. The gift of free will is so sacred that it would be unthinkable for Him to do that. He wants us to become divine-like because we choose to become divine-like. Not because we were compelled to do so.

So, the adjustments that the Father makes for us, are made because we have requested it. We choose to become like the Father. And the main reason we do so is because we have learned about the love of the Father. It is when we feel His love so deeply and so personally that we choose to make the change. The feeling of His love is intense and indescribable. I have felt it go through me in intense waves all over my body. I can only describe it as ecstasy.

So, the Father fragment comes pre-personal because our will and our personality are the dominant forces. He gives in to our will so that a new creature may be formed. It will be a unique union of animal origin mortal with a fragment of the eternal Father. And when the mortal chooses to fuse with the Father there is a blending of personalities. So much so that the two become one. Each fusion is a unique fusion of creature and divine. There will never be another such expression of this type of union with any other creature. I guess you could say that the Father fragment acquires personality when He becomes as one with His mortal child.

Love,
Paul
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Paul what you say and who you are are truly beautiful. I understand and I have lived as you describe. I have gotten kicked in gludious maximus for it more times than I can say. It has been a strange and trying life. But, I have seen Light in all of it. But, it hurts. I keep thinking that I am missing some key element that would allow me to be stronger through it and thereby do more for the Father, be wiser in my handling of situations.
Lola
Twinstars
Family

Post by Twinstars »

Thank you Geoff for creating this forum.

Kenz, it seems I have as many answers to question as you. :mrgreen: Happy to help, happy to be here.

Paul wrote:
It is difficult to understand a being that is pre-personal. The way I understand it is that the Father fragment acquiesces to our will and to our personality. At the same time this pre-personal fragment is communicating to us the way of the Father. As we progress spirituality and become aware of our Father fragment this entity makes adjustments and attunements. We may not be consciously aware of it, but if we could look back we would see a change.
A new embodiment?

I asked my TA, a magnificent, ten foot tall, ancient in every respect, celestial representative of the Eternal Father, face to face, "What is your name?" His reply was, "I am you! I am who sees all that you see, hears all that you hear, and knows all that you know. I am you." Something that has affected me deeply, possibly even profoundly. Because when I really think about it in terms of what Paul wrote:
thought adjusters will take the life experience of their previous charges into the next mortals life. Sometimes the life of those other mortals will come through to conscious awareness of that present mortal. This person will think that these experiences are his own from another life. Thus this person thinks that he has lived before.
Fusing with the TA is accomplished by giving our will over to the will of the Father, and because the TA truly is the Father Fragment, then it sounds as though the memories of the TA actually do become the indwelt mortals past life memories. According to Webster's Dictionary, the definition of "Reincarnation" is
a fresh embodiment
. What is the dictionary term for embodiment? "A new personification."

(1190.4) 108:4.3 Thought Adjusters appear to come and go quite independent of any and all other spiritual presences; they seem to function in accordance with universe laws quite apart from those which govern and control the performances of all other spirit influences. But regardless of such apparent independence, long-range observation unquestionably discloses that they function in the human mind in perfect synchrony and co-ordination with all other spirit ministries, including adjutant mind-spirits, Holy Spirit, Spirit of Truth, and other influences.

P.1183 - §5 We have often speculated that Thought Adjusters must have volition on all prepersonal levels of choice. They volunteer to indwell human beings, they lay plans for man's eternal career, they adapt, modify, and substitute in accordance with circumstances, and these activities connote genuine volition. They have affection for mortals, they function in universe crises, they are always waiting to act decisively in accordance with human choice, and all these are highly volitional reactions. In all situations not concerned with the domain of the human will, they unquestionably exhibit conduct which betokens the exercise of powers in every sense the equivalent of will, maximated decision.
What is another name for volition, but will. What is the definition of will?
1. The capability of conscious choice and decision and intention
2. A fixed and persistent intent or purpose

(1193.5) 108:6.6 And as you are the human parent, so is the Adjuster the divine parent of the real you, your higher and advancing self, your better morontial and future spiritual self. And it is this evolving morontial soul that the judges and censors discern when they decree your survival and pass you upward to new worlds and never-ending existence in eternal liaison with your faithful partner — God, the Adjuster.

(1193.6) 108:6.7 The Adjusters are the eternal ancestors, the divine originals, of your evolving immortal souls; they are the unceasing urge that leads man to attempt the mastery of the material and present existence in the light of the spiritual and future career. The Monitors are the prisoners of undying hope, the founts of everlasting progression. And how they do enjoy communicating with their subjects in more or less direct channels! How they rejoice when they can dispense with symbols and other methods of indirection and flash their messages straight to the intellects of their human partners!

Lola, I completely understand your frustration at having so many memories you feel you want to claim as your own.
Well, I gotta tell ya, my TA has been some pretty fascinating places with some pretty fascinating folks.
I too have one of those well traveled TA's.

Love,
John
Love All...

JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

Geoff wrote:
DJKENZ wrote: Chief Bzutu (ABC-22) has clearly stated, that in over 30,000 years, they've never seen anyone
And Andrea says the same, but she's 500,000 years old.
Hi all!

Although no one ever re-incarnated on Urantia, the rule that no TA has ever served twice on the same planet has an exception! As all the rules seem to have one... ;)
93:2.7 This incarnated Melchizedek received a Thought Adjuster, who indwelt his superhuman personality as the monitor of time and the mentor of the flesh, thus gaining that experience and practical introduction to Urantian problems and to the technique of indwelling an incarnated Son which enabled this spirit of the Father to function so valiantly in the human mind of the later Son of God, Michael, when he appeared on earth in the likeness of mortal flesh. And this is the only Thought Adjuster who ever functioned in two minds on Urantia, but both minds were divine as well as human.
This is indeed a special sphere! :roll

Peace!
John
"Wherever you are I Am with you."
"Let Me go at the front to illuminate your path."
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Some of my memories, where I appear to be someone that lived before, are those of someone that lived on Urantia. So, if my Thought Adjuster has not been on Urantia before, how is it that I have these memories? I was given this explanation from the editor of another site that reviews the U Book:

"Our Adjusters can show us many things while our bodies sleep, especially after we give them our permission and cooperation. I've found that they can shut off certain memories to enhance a lesson scenario. They can let us experience another's life for a while - maybe someone from the past. Like a life simulator.

The authors don't overly emphasize cultivating dream life. They want us to attend to this life first. But they give plenty to people like us who naturally experience and remember the inner life. I think we are experiencing an early form of morontia life. For me, the purpose has very little application to waking life. It seems to be mansion world prep."

This makes sense to me. It doesn't completely explain the "all" of it, but it does explain it to some extent. However, that said, the memory of the "past life" was not in a dream, it was a vision when I was fully awake and meditating. I also happen to think that the vision was intended for use in this life to assist me in gaining understanding and to increase my faith for life now. The way things have gone and are going, I need it.
Lola
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

Hi!
DJKENZ wrote: How are we supposed to understand this very difficulat concept of what the TA really is
without the usage of words we know?

From the beginning, ever since I read the UB, I've been regularly
flipping back-n-forth between conceptualizing the TA as a spirit personality, a metaphysical "plugin" in
a mortal's body/metaphysical body...or just a STATIC/unmoving./unchanging presence of God.
We as evolutionary beings of space-time are not suposed to understand what the TA really is. Don't matter how hard we try to understand His essence, our relative and finite minds culdn't grasp an absolute and infinite essence.
"107:1.1 Since Thought Adjusters are of the essence of original Deity, no one may presume to discourse authoritatively upon their nature and origin;"
"This is your Teacher, Samuel. Within all of time-space, there is not a single individual capable, or so allowed, to discuss the nature of Mystery Monitors, and there are three main reasons why this is either forbidden or inappropriate. Firstly, those who are fused with their Gift from the Creator of All will not do so. Secondly those who await fusion, or those who will never be fused but advance in different ways, cannot describe the mystery.
The third reason why the nature of Thought Adjusters can only be guessed at by individual minds is that there simply exists neither the language nor the concepts to explain fusion with the Thought Adjuster."
"107:0.6 The Adjuster is an absolute essence of an infinite being imprisoned within the mind of a finite creature"
, and that's enough to me.
DJKENZ wrote:what the heck...really....is "personality"?????

Let's see if can clear this point... The four qualities of universal reality could be described as matter, mind, spirit, and personality. Human beings know about them as follows:

1. Body. The material or physical organism of man. The living electro-chemical mechanism of animal nature and of animal origin.

2. Mind. The part of the living body that thinks, senses, and feels. This includes both the conscious and unconscious levels of mind. This is the intelligence and the emotions which reach up through worship and wisdom to the spirit level.

3. Spirit. This is the divine spirit that lives in man's mind. This divine spirit is called a Thought Adjuster. This spirit is immortal. It is not a personality; it is prepersonal. It has a chance to become a part of man's personality if that human being chooses to survive.

4. Soul. The soul of man is something that is built up by experience. When a human being chooses to do the will of the Father in heaven, then the indwelling spirit becomes the father of something new. The human mind is the mother of this same new reality. This new reality is the child of the indwelling spirit and of the human mind. It is neither material nor spiritual. It is something in between -- morontial. This is the emerging soul. It is intended to be immortal. It can survive mortal death and begin the long ascent to Paradise.

5. Personality. The personality of a human being is neither body, mind, nor spirit; neither is it the soul. Personality does not change; everything else in a creature's experience does change. Personality unifies everything that goes to make up a creature. Personality is something unique; it is something which the Father gives; he gives it to the living associated energies of matter, mind, and spirit. Personality survives with the survival of the morontial soul.

6. Morontia. There is a big gap between matter and spirit. Many things exist in this in-between zone. We call these in-between realities "morontia." This word can be used to describe any morontia reality -- personal or impersonal, living or nonliving. The warp of morontia is spiritual; its woof is physical.

What personality is, is a secret of the Universal Father. He gives it, and knows what the destiny of personality is. The Eternal Son is the absolute personality.

As you would visualize personality reality, it would start out with the type of mind that has qualities of worship and wisdom.
This is the human and the midwayer type of mind. It goes up through morontia and spiritual levels of growth to where you reach finality of personality status. This is the way human beings and midwayers, and other kindred creatures grow. But there are many other types of personalities that do not grow in just this way.

There is a limit to the changes that can be made in nonpersonal reality. But we know of no limitations as to how far a personality can advance and grow.

When personalities really grow up and reach advanced levels of attained experience, it becomes more and more possible for them to associate together.

Personality never appears spontaneously. Personality is always the gift of the Paradise Father. Personality is put in on top of energy; it is something that is added to a living energy system. Nonliving energy patterns may have identity, but they never have personality.

DJKENZ wrote:I don't understand this technicality of prepersonal, subpersonal, etc.
Those phrases don't even exist on dictionary.com
1. Prepersonal. When God detaches a piece of himself, he makes a Thought Adjuster. The Adjuster is not a person and God is not "father" of such an Adjuster. Persons are fathers only of other persons. God is the "source" of the Adjuster but not the father of the Adjuster. This is a good illustration of how God acts in a prepersonal way.

2. Personal. God is father of all personalities. This is true of both created beings (like angels) and of procreated beings (like humans). When God acts in relation to a person then he is working on this second level. When God loves man, such an act of love takes place on this level.

3. Superpersonal. On this level God is relating himself to beings who are more than finite. Such absonite beings are more than personalities.

The prepersonal, the personal, and the superpersonal are all linked together. There are three things that link them together: First of all, they can work together, sooner or later. Then, second, they can all progress and grow. And lastly, third, they have capacity to be cocreational. But there is a sharp line between these three relationships and something that is impersonal. Something that is impersonal never gets to be personal as a matter of growth.

And a little expanation about the absonite level of reality:

The Absonite level. Perhaps you had better think of this level as something in between the finite and the absolute. On this absonite level there are things and beings that have no beginning and no ending. Here also, things can take place which are not limited by time or space. These happenings do not ignore time and space, they just rise above time and space -- transcend time and space. We call the beings who exist on this level absoniters. Absoniters are not created; they are "eventuated."

in "A Simplification of the Foreword to The Urantia Book"
William S. Sadler, Jr.

Peace!
John
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

John,

This has nothing to do with anything; but, you look so much like my son that every time I see one of your posts, it throws me for a loop. You share the look in your eyes. I don't know how to describe it. I guess that is what really throws me. It is like looking into my son's eyes when I look at your picture.
Lola
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

Hi Lola,

Well, I'll take that as a compliment. If the eyes are the mirror of the soul, and the Father of the soul is the same for all of us, it's normal that you can see him in my eyes, because in essence, we are all One. I'm a bit philosofical today! ;)

Unfortunately, I couldn't help you about those memories you have, I simply don't have a reasonable explanation.

BTW, how old is your son?

Peace!
John
LolaandLight
Family

Post by LolaandLight »

Okay, here is another story. This one is about my son. (JM, Of course it is a compliment! I swear you guys could be brothers. Even your hair and hair line is the same. His is a bit lighter than your's though.) I gotta show him your picture.

Anyhows, he has been receiving the prompts though he doesn't want to admit that all of this stuff is possible and is afraid to do so. He once saw a green light shining in the corner of his room and wanted to believe he was hallucinating. I posted an angel picture in another thread. Someone on the board was good enough to alter it so that he was cut out of the picture for me in order for me to post it on here. Anyway, the angel is facing him and shining a light aimed at his head. When I showed it to him he just shrugged.

Also, He and his girlfriend have this pact to call each other, if possible, at 11:11. I told him that this had meaning in it for both of them. He again shrugged me off. Then, last week he woke up and looked around his room to see what had awakened him. Then, he saw a book floating aroun. The book opened and the pages started flipping really fast. At this point, in his mind he could see a bunch of mathematical equations running in his mind, computing on their own, and the rest of the day he felt robotic, but at peace with a calm he seldom achieves, even though he was again convinced that he was hallucinating. Now, this is the thing with him. When he was a toddler, he was very, very logical. Way beyond his years. It was like living with a minature monk. If you asked him to add two three digit numbers, and this was before kindergarten, he would put his hands in front of his face, and stare at them while wriggling his fingers in front of his face. Within seconds, he could give you the correct answer. I would have to go through adding it on paper and taking far more time.

So, when he told me of book/number thing happening, I reminded him (he doesn't remember doing the finger adding thing) of the way he would add when he was a toddler. When he got to pre-school, he became a very social being. In Kindergarten, he became frustrated with the system of things. Also, in the first grade, he hated getting answers right all the time and felt bad for the other kids because he would win the candy prizes all the time and the kids told the teacher there was no point in their trying any longer. So, he became friends with the kids that weren't getting the answers right. I asked him why and he said that "to learn the ocean, you have to swim with the fishes." He was around six or seven at this time. I told him to be careful because he might just get to thinking that he was a guppie instead of a whale. His response was "if so, that is life".

Okay, so the boy ended up forgetting who he was over time. He lost interest in school and just sought out friends. Now, he is in college and it recently dawned on him that he is different than his peers and that he had been faking his personality. This number vision happened the next morning after he reached this realization. He doesn't see himself as better, just different--as if he has a path of a different nature from the status quo to follow. Now, he wants to drop out of college and dedicate his time to figuring out what this is. I told him that it was his current environment that opened this door to himself back up and that maybe he should just go with the flow and stay in school. (What Mom doesn't want their kid to finish college?) I worry that maybe now I am being short sighted and just wanting my kid to accomplish something that is valued in the material world. He said that he is now convinced that our society is so wrongly based that he wants to just jump out of it instead of playing into its expectations. That it is possible for him to achieve through another route. One that is more true to himself.

I am not sure if he or I have the better point. I must admit that I have always been a proponent of changing things while working within the system. Oh, boy, being a Mom is hard. All of you out there with Moms still on this side of the veil, give them a hug, or a call today, okay?

So, what are you guys' impressions of all of the above? Can I best help him by stepping away? He is 21.
Lola
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

God!... This is weird! I just want to start saying that understand exactly how your son feel and I also understand your point of view perfectly! That said, it's easy to realize that you are indeed a special family, special in the sense that you are really spiritualy evolved, and should make the effort to develop that facet of yours.

So, your son has been prompted, and by all you say, it seems that the Celestials are trying really hard to get his attention. The first thing I would recomend you is to explain him all about it, all you know so far, you are a member of this comunity, you know the reasons why Celestials make that effort, just try explain to him. Simply put, they want him to live a more spiritual life, and walk his own path. I know you had already tried to explain to him, but just try to have a real conversation with him about the phenomenon. Convince him to join the board and get a look, in order to get more answers, it will surely help him realize he is not alone, and this in some way will help him with that feeling of "being different". You mention he is affraid of admiting the reality of the prompts, but let him know that's nothing to be afraid of! The elemination of the fear is very important, as the fear is a poison to the soul.

You said that he seldom archieves peace, a calm state. That's very good! In that aspect we are simillar too. What I would recomend him is a very logical, but of utmost importance thing! Start to meditate! Meditation is the key to develop and master that inner peace, is the base, the key, to develop further in a spiritual sense. And as we evolve in meditation, all things start to become clearer, our awareness improves, every aspect of us is elevated, and thus the answers he is trying to get could show up in time.

That idea he has about our society being wrongly based I have too, but the most reasonable approach is not to jump out of it, definitely! In order to him to realize that, simply think about how Christ Michael lived his life while He was on this planet. Even He, simply the allmighty Creator of our entire local universe lived by the rules of the society where He was inserted. The lesson to take, is that we should try to live by the rules, but ever trying to elevate that very same rules. Don't live against them, just live by them allways making the effort to better them, to improve them. If we think individually, how could just one person change a world of six billion? It's an impossibe task! But if each one of us work in order to change, then soon or later, as more and more of us strive for the same goal, the change will take place. Call me idealistic, but I think I'm just realistic.

In order to live by the rules, in our actual capitalist society, higher education is like a life insurance, it not only helps us archieve knowledge in some areas, but also helps us to get a privilege named job! With the global economic crisis installed, getting a good job (or just a job) is becommig really a privilege. I recall a lesson from our midwayer friends, that states that each one of us is a temple, because God lives in us, and we have to serve two masters, the material and the spiritual. So, make him realize he has to serve the two, and in order to serve the material, is really better to study and get a good job.

You said he ended up forgetting who he was, and that truth, not only for him, but to all of us humans. The purpose of us being here is exactly to re-discover ourselves, re-discover that we are also spiritual beings, since once we were One, and we are experience ourselves, building and define who we are through experience, through relationships with all, persons or not. And thus progressing!

Light to all, and especially to both of you!

Peace!
John