ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY

A forum to discuss the Urantia Book.
jfarris
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Re: ADJUSTERS AND PERSONALITY

Post by jfarris »

Twinstars wrote:Thank you Geoff for creating this forum.

Kenz, it seems I have as many answers to question as you. :mrgreen: Happy to help, happy to be here.

Paul wrote:
It is difficult to understand a being that is pre-personal. The way I understand it is that the Father fragment acquiesces to our will and to our personality. At the same time this pre-personal fragment is communicating to us the way of the Father. As we progress spirituality and become aware of our Father fragment this entity makes adjustments and attunements. We may not be consciously aware of it, but if we could look back we would see a change.
A new embodiment?

About the description 'pre-personal', I had what I would consider to be a revelation the other day. So I will share it with you all. But as always consider the source.... 8) :roll :mrgreen: :P

I think that babies, before they are adjuster-indwelt, exhibit pre-personal attributes. At this stage they are like on the communication circuits that are a more direct path to the Divine, albeit on a neural network that is literally in its infancy.

I am trying to say that pre-personal is what exists before the bestowal of personality, which I am associating with Adjuster indwellment. Personal is the layer that is added at the time of Adjuster bestowal. Make any sense? :sunflower:
:mrgreen:
Be Real. Remain teachable.

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
Geoff
Site Admin
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 46373
Please type in these numbers:91294: 91294

Post by Geoff »

hmm,

I only had one baby, but even when he was months old, he had personality, and a HUGE sense of right and wrong. I smacked him one time, lightly, but the scream of OUTRAGE told me he needed something, and I had not been fair. So I worked a bit harder to figure things out.

love,
Geoff
"Slip your hand into the hand of God and you will never walk alone"
said Chief Flaming Arrow.
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

jfarris wrote: I am trying to say that pre-personal is what exists before the bestowal of personality, which I am associating with Adjuster indwellment. Personal is the layer that is added at the time of Adjuster bestowal. Make any sense?
Hi jfarris!

At first sight, it could make some sense, but that's not true accordingly to the UB.
16:8.3 Personality is a unique endowment of original nature whose existence is independent of, and antecedent to, the bestowal of the Thought Adjuster.
Peace!
John
"Wherever you are I Am with you."
"Let Me go at the front to illuminate your path."
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Guys,

Personality begins at conception. It is a gift from our Heavenly Father, according to the UB. The thought adjusters begin to dwell us mortals when we make our first moral decision at about five or six. The adjusters are pre-personal beings, but babies are not pre-personal beings.

Love,
Paul
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Hi Paul,

Largely, I agree with you. I don't want to have an argument about conception vs when the foetus can sustain life, because it seems in the Ubook and their related Team stuff it has been said the soul arrives at conception. In my view, it arrives as and when the foetus can sustain life, so as to avoid, avoidable mistakes in stillborn and aborted foetus. But what ever, it very early on.

I tend to favour some sources that tell us that the soul pre-exists incarnation, whereas the Urantia Book seems to imply that the soul gets created by us. Now both can of course be true, but it does not say that, as far as I know. But in my understanding, personality is a function of the soul, and although I am not 100% sure, I view the soul as being created by Father.

take care,
Geoff
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

Geoff wrote:Hi Paul,

Largely, I agree with you. I don't want to have an argument about conception vs when the foetus can sustain life, because it seems in the Ubook and their related Team stuff it has been said the soul arrives at conception. In my view, it arrives as and when the foetus can sustain life, so as to avoid, avoidable mistakes in stillborn and aborted foetus. But what ever, it very early on.

I tend to favour some sources that tell us that the soul pre-exists incarnation, whereas the Urantia Book seems to imply that the soul gets created by us. Now both can of course be true, but it does not say that, as far as I know. But in my understanding, personality is a function of the soul, and although I am not 100% sure, I view the soul as being created by Father.

take care,
Geoff

Talking about the 'soul', what is the consensus? Do we each have an individual soul, or do we all contribute to a larger 'soul'? Maybe we contribute to an 'oversoul'?...
Any thoughts?

“Seek after those values of Truth, Beauty, and Goodness in your life experiences, for Truth is Love, Beauty is Creative, and Goodness is the Will of the Creator..."
jfarris
Family

Post by jfarris »

JM wrote:
jfarris wrote: I am trying to say that pre-personal is what exists before the bestowal of personality, which I am associating with Adjuster indwellment. Personal is the layer that is added at the time of Adjuster bestowal. Make any sense?
Hi jfarris!

At first sight, it could make some sense, but that's not true accordingly to the UB.
16:8.3 Personality is a unique endowment of original nature whose existence is independent of, and antecedent to, the bestowal of the Thought Adjuster.
Peace!
John
Hi there, John! :hithere :hithere

Your from portugal, huh? You have very beautiful women over there (from what I have seen)! :bana: :bana: 8)

Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

jfarris wrote: Talking about the 'soul', what is the consensus? Do we each have an individual soul, or do we all contribute to a larger 'soul'? Maybe we contribute to an 'oversoul'?...
Any thoughts?
My understanding is we are soul. An evolving growing soul. And that we contribute to many things, but never lose our individuality. In fact, in the Padgett messages, Jesus says the only reason for incarnation is to "individualise" and that that process is completed with incarnation.

love,
Geoff
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

jfarris wrote:Your from portugal, huh? You have very beautiful women over there (from what I have seen)!
Your absolutely right! :D The prettiest on Urantia I would say! :lol: :oops: :roll
Have you already been here? Lots of sun too! :bana:

Peace!
John
Paul

Post by Paul »

Hi Peeps,

From what I understand we are contributing to the formation of our souls through our conscious choices. The best way for us to comprehend the Father in our finite state is to perform acts of truth, beauty and goodness. These qualities are all aspects of love. As we pursue these virtues and let them actually become part of us we contribute to the growing soul. Our thought adjuster keeps a transcript of any spiritual acts concerning truth, beauty and goodness. When we die and go to the mansion worlds it is these transcripts of our spiritual acts of truth, beauty and goodness that goes into the construction of our morontial souls. Our destiny guardians keep a record of our life as a mortal and the two are combined to form the fledgling soul.

Any defects that are undesirable will eventually fall away as we desire to become more like the Father. We will still have to work hard to rid ourselves of any residual defects, but it will be easier for us if we work diligently while a mortal to do so. If we neglect the growth of our souls by ignoring the spirit and becoming more material in our outlook we will have a hard fight to get things back to the way that they should be.

Peace out peeps,
Paul
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

As agreed, I removed the posts that were off topic.

Geoff
JM
Busy Bee

Post by JM »

I think Geoff will start those threads for the discussion to take place.
There are more three things that have intriguing me and I would like to have a better undertanding:

- Tree of Life
- Time
- Source Energy

Peace!
John
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

You guys can start any thread on the Urantia book here any time you like. If you want to discuss a different book, then I need to create a forum for that.

love,
Geoff
LolaandLight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by LolaandLight »

I think this is on topic. I keep reading how everything applies to "surviving mortals'. Could someone explain what it means to be a surviving mortal? I think it means that they are the ones that have connected with God. Is there more to it than this? If so what and how does it apply? I know I read about this somewhere but I cannot find it now. It seems to be that there would be various ways one could be as a surviving mortal.
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

Dear Lola,

This is one of those VERY tricky subjects. But we are told, it is POSSIBLE, for a TA to depart, while a mortal is alive, and that individual will not survive death. Now via Padgett we have post-death communications from some of the most dreadful folks who ever lived, Julius Caesar, Caligula, Vespasian, Constantine, Napoleon, etc, and I have heard a few folks say they have contacted Hitler too, so I have to say I wonder who is bad enough to not survive?

On the other hand, George will tell you that he thinks he knows of one, and I found that surprising, because that fellow was mentally unbalanced, and failed in his attempt to kill a bunch of folks. Not to me in the same class as those I just quoted.

For sure a very great amount of compassion is shown towards us misguided earthlings.

The Ubook says there are three classes of folks after death:

Survivors,
Sleeping Survivors
non-survivors

Now the sleeping survivors certainly did exist, but there is some doubt they still do. Monjoronson would have awakened the last batch, and we hear tell under the new age they are not being created any more. Possibly in my opinion because there are now so many advanced teachers here. If you are interested in the tale of a sleeping survivor, I have one here. Page 80, Letter 39.

love,
Geoff
LolaandLight
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Post by LolaandLight »

Could it be possible that those you listed are allowed to survive as the Bilble says that the only unforgivable sin is a failure to give recognition to the Holy Spirit and we all have until the very moment prior to death to do this? If they, upon realizing it is their time to depart their mortal lives, pray for forgiveness and find that divine spark within them, they are allowed to survive?
Lola
Geoff
Site Admin

Post by Geoff »

LolaandLight wrote:Could it be possible that those you listed are allowed to survive as the Bilble says that the only unforgivable sin is a failure to give recognition to the Holy Spirit and we all have until the very moment prior to death to do this? If they, upon realizing it is their time to depart their mortal lives, pray for forgiveness and find that divine spark within them, they are allowed to survive?
Dear Lola,

Now you are venturing a question that I do not think the Urantia book addresses directly, but which Padgett certainly does. However much of the stuff I think is "visible" in the Urantia Book.

There are two answers to this, with slightly different perspectives.

Firstly, there is nothing that Father will not forgive, and in that sense there is no sin that is unforgivable. Sin being something that is against His Will.

Secondly as Father gave us free will, He allows us to make certain choices. Taking those options does not constitute sin, but does have outcomes. The outcomes do not mean "hell" however, merely the inability to progress out of the Morontia Spheres.

Padgett tells us that the only path to fusion is via being not only willing to receive Father's Divine Love, but actively pursuing this as a means of the soul growth needed to reach fusion. The Father's Divine Love he also tells us, is brought by the Holy Spirit. So refusing the Holy Spirit, is a refusal of Father's Divine Love, and the means whereby we may reach fusion. The consequence is that without fusion, we never become eternal beings, and we do not move out of the time-space Morontia Spheres. That said, so far these beings have not disappeared. Nor is anyone saying they will. However this decision or choice is also available in the Morontia Spheres, it's not something that is fixed at death.

take care,
Geoff