Lanonandek Sons

A forum for the study and discussion of the Urantia Book
justintime
New Friend
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 1111

Lanonandek Sons

Post by justintime »

Are other near by systems, such as Sandmatia, Assuntia, Porogia, Sortoria, Rantulia, and Glantonia, named after Lanonandek Sons? Would it be unreasonable to assume it an honor to name a system after its Lanonandek Son?
justintime
New Friend

Re: Lanonandek Sons

Post by justintime »

I thought better to not keep the question so open ended for discussion. I want to edit the last statement so as not to appear to have sympathetic feelings toward a dishonored Lanonandek Son, such as ours. But I am wondering about the other systems? Who are they if they are named after these beings? I suppose a system could have gotten a name like System 5.
Amigoo
Family
Please type in these numbers: 46373: 0
Please type in these numbers:91294: 0

Post by Amigoo »

:idea: I seem to recall that some names in the UB are just used for convenience of translation (from languages not of our planet). So, we may not know if a system was named after a Lanonandek son.

Rod
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

That's an interesting topic, Justintime.
you wrote:
Are other near by systems, such as Sandmatia, Assuntia, Porogia, Sortoria, Rantulia, and Glantonia, named after Lanonandek Sons?
Are you thinking in terms of Satan and Satania?
I believe Satania's system sovereign was Lucifer. His first lieutenant was named Satan. We actually hear a lot more about Satan on this planet because it was Satan that was assigned to further Lucifer's plans here on Urantia. The Urantia book states that " Satan was a member of the same primary group of Lanonandeks but had never functioned as a System Sovereign;..." (Paper 53 page 601)

It also states this of Lucifer, "He had experienced service in many systems."

I thought this bit was interesting in looking up more information about Lanonandeks and system sovereigns... http://www.urantia.org/urantia-book-sta ... e-sons-god
Part 9. The Lanonandek Rulers
35:9.1 (393.1) The Lanonandeks are the continuous rulers of the planets and the rotating sovereigns of the systems. Such a Son now rules on Jerusem, the headquarters of your local system of inhabited worlds.

35:9.2 (393.2) The System Sovereigns rule in commissions of two or three on the headquarters of each system of inhabited worlds. The Constellation Father names one of these Lanonandeks as chief every dekamillennium. Sometimes no change in the head of the trio is made, the matter being entirely optional with the constellation rulers. System governments do not suddenly change in personnel unless a tragedy of some sort occurs.

35:9.3 (393.3) When System Sovereigns or assistants are recalled, their places are filled by selections made by the supreme council located on the constellation headquarters from the reserves of that order, a group which is larger on Edentia than the average indicated.

35:9.4 (393.4) The supreme Lanonandek councils are stationed on the various constellation headquarters. Such a body is presided over by the senior Most High associate of the Constellation Father, while the junior associate supervises the reserves of the secondary order.

35:9.5 (393.5) The System Sovereigns are true to their names; they are well-nigh sovereign in the local affairs of the inhabited worlds. They are almost paternal in their direction of the Planetary Princes, the Material Sons, and the ministering spirits. The personal grasp of the sovereign is all but complete. These rulers are not supervised by Trinity observers from the central universe. They are the executive division of the local universe, and as custodians of the enforcement of legislative mandates and as executives for the application of judicial verdicts, they present the one place in all universe administration where personal disloyalty to the will of the Michael Son could most easily and readily intrench itself and seek to assert itself.

35:9.6 (393.6) Our local universe has been unfortunate in that over seven hundred Sons of the Lanonandek order have rebelled against the universe government, thus precipitating confusion in several systems and on numerous planets. Of this entire number of failures only three were System Sovereigns; practically all of these Sons belonged to the second and third orders, Planetary Princes and tertiary Lanonandeks.

35:9.7 (393.7) The large number of these Sons who have lapsed from integrity does not indicate any fault in creatorship. They could have been made divinely perfect, but they were so created that they might better understand, and draw near to, the evolutionary creatures dwelling on the worlds of time and space.

35:9.8 (393.8) Of all the local universes in Orvonton, our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons. On Uversa it is the consensus that we have had so much administrative trouble in Nebadon because our Sons of the Lanonandek order have been created with such a large degree of personal liberty in choosing and planning. I do not make this observation by way of criticism. The Creator of our universe has full authority and power to do this. It is the contention of our high rulers that, while such free-choosing Sons make excessive trouble in the earlier ages of the universe, when things are fully sifted and finally settled, the gains of higher loyalty and fuller volitional service on the part of these thoroughly tested Sons will far more than compensate for the confusion and tribulations of earlier times.

35:9.9 (394.1) In the event of rebellion on a system headquarters, a new sovereign is usually installed within a comparatively short time, but not so on the individual planets. They are the component units of the material creation, and creature free will is a factor in the final adjudication of all such problems. Successor Planetary Princes are designated for isolated worlds, planets whose princes of authority may have gone astray, but they do not assume active rulership of such worlds until the results of insurrection are partially overcome and removed by the remedial measures adopted by the Melchizedeks and other ministering personalities. Rebellion by a Planetary Prince instantly isolates his planet; the local spiritual circuits are immediately severed. Only a bestowal Son can re-establish interplanetary lines of communication on such a spiritually isolated world.

35:9.10 (394.2) There exists a plan for saving these wayward and unwise Sons, and many have availed themselves of this merciful provision; but never again may they function in those positions wherein they defaulted. After rehabilitation they are assigned to custodial duties and to departments of physical administration.
xxSandy
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
justintime
New Friend

Post by justintime »

Thank you Amigoo and Sandy. I wonder if there is an Etymology to the names of systems which hint at what those systems are like.

I saw this site which tries to explain meaning in names:
http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book

I wonder why our universe has suffered so much:
our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons.

could it be because we are located so far from Jerusem:
The Urantia Book:
P.466 - §4
Urantia is comparatively isolated on the outskirts of Satania, your solar system, with one exception, being the farthest removed from Jerusem, while Satania itself is next to the outermost system of Norlatiadek, and this constellation is now traversing the outer fringe of Nebadon. You were truly among the least of all creation until Michael's bestowal elevated your planet to a position of honor and great universe interest. Sometimes the last is first, while truly the least becomes greatest.

Perhaps there is a long range prevailing good from all this:
It is the contention of our high rulers that, while such free-choosing Sons make excessive trouble in the earlier ages of the universe, when things are fully sifted and finally settled, the gains of higher loyalty and fuller volitional service on the part of these thoroughly tested Sons will far more than compensate for the confusion and tribulations of earlier times.
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Justintime,
Could you check the link again for the truthbook page? For some reason it is not working. It does sound fascinating and involves an area of thought I hadn't considered before.

Many people seem distracted by the hardships this planet has faced. And while it hasn't been easy and we seem to struggle for every bit of gain... in all honesty it is our history, our lives, and it is ours to deal with and overcome. It helps to make us who we are... We are Urantians and in my opinion very blessed. I think the very problems we have faced in the past and those we are facing as we speak give us valuable experience and guarantee we will with our strong inner stuff, be able to carve out a world someday that will live up to the title of Christ Michael's Bestowal world. Let's face it, if we hadn't had such hardships would we have been chosen for this absolutely unprecedented honour of hosting Michael's seventh bestowal? ... For me, that in itself is worth all the craziness that has ensued since the Lucifer rebellion.
I think the rebellion hit us/this world hard as we were so young in progress at that time. And with the Prince and over half the staff drifting off into rebellion much of the gains during the Dalamatia years went Kapoote. heck...then to top it off there's Adam and Eve's default...
ay yi yi... :shock: It is a wonder we are as advanced as we are now...and I think we can thank Machiventa Melchizedek and our most fabulous Creator Son for that. They are both soooooo awesome! We won't let them down will we? Onwards, upwards and inward!
Whaa Whoo we can do this!!! :bana:

xxSandy
P.S. I forgot this... You wrote:
our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons.
There is a strong hint as to the reason for that in the passage I quoted in another post...
35:9.7 (393.7) The large number of these Sons who have lapsed from integrity does not indicate any fault in creatorship. They could have been made divinely perfect, but they were so created that they might better understand, and draw near to, the evolutionary creatures dwelling on the worlds of time and space.
35:9.8 (393.8) Of all the local universes in Orvonton, our universe has, with the exception of Henselon, lost the largest number of this order of Sons. On Uversa it is the consensus that we have had so much administrative trouble in Nebadon because our Sons of the Lanonandek order have been created with such a large degree of personal liberty in choosing and planning. I do not make this observation by way of criticism. The Creator of our universe has full authority and power to do this. It is the contention of our high rulers that, while such free-choosing Sons make excessive trouble in the earlier ages of the universe, when things are fully sifted and finally settled, the gains of higher loyalty and fuller volitional service on the part of these thoroughly tested Sons will far more than compensate for the confusion and tribulations of earlier times.
That last quotes if you read between the lines leads me to assume that trouble can be expected in the young time of many Local universes
That coupled with the extra liberties of our Lanonandek sons as Michael has planned into his architecture of creation... could explain the losses... Yet even these rehabilitated Sons of that rebellious era have earned through hard times the most invaluable lessons don't you think? Imagine the great service they will be to struggling universes of time... how valuable their advice and experience will be? We all make mistakes but it is what we do with what we learn from the mistakes that makes them worth their weight in gold. (Still I'd rather do without them I think LOL) xx
“We measure and evaluate your Spiritual Progress on the Wall of Eternity." – Guardian of Destiny, Alverana.
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book

:scratch: Hmmm ... the link in JustInTime's 10:47 post is not active,
but it works when cut & pasted into the browser address bar.
So, here it is working again as a link.

:geek: Here are the HTML differences (how the links are coded in the HTML of this 1111angels page):

JustInTime: <span style="color: #808000">http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... book</span>

Amigoo: <a class="postlink" href="http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... book/etymo ... antia-book</a>

[ Note the display difference when I force a linebreak after book"> ]
Amigoo: <a class="postlink" href="http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book">
http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book</a>

Rod
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

More research included:

:geek: Here are the HTML differences (how the links are coded in the HTML of this 1111angels page):

JustInTime: <span style="color: #808000">http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... book</span>

Amigoo: <a class="postlink" href="http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... book/etymo ... antia-book</a>

:idea: Note the display differences when I force a linebreak after book"> and when the link is totally isolated:

Amigoo: <a class="postlink" href="http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book">
http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book</a>

http://truthbook.com/urantia-book/etymo ... antia-book

The easiest solution might be: Isolate a link on a separate line when including it in a post.

Rod :stars:
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hi Rod,
Thank you for that! I must admit though I didn't understand most of what you just said. I bet Geoff will, though, when he gets back from his trip to India.
( Computers and I have a very shallow relationship. ;) )
hugs,
Sandy
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

This paints a different picture on my mind on how the universe is structured.

There have been 2 other rebellions in our universe that are mentioned in the urantia book, way before the Lucifer rebellion.

Could there be another one once the correcting time is finished. Way into the future when humanity achieves light and life on earth.
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Hey Atsguy,
You wrote:
Could there be another one once the correcting time is finished. Way into the future when humanity achieves light and life on earth.
I hope not, but I am thinking humans as individuals and even free wheeling universe admins will not be perfected...that takes lots and lots of time and education in the realms to come.(especially for humans) So mortal choices although hopefully better then now, may also be vulnerable to confusion when such as ole Lucifer raises his seemingly brilliant head. Does the Ubook say if Panoptia was a world of Light and Life? I know they were advanced. They didn't succumb but they had a good leader who took the reins.... a woman I believe. :sunflower:
I'll look a little later when I have a little more time.... :)

Have a good week.
xxSandy
Amigoo
Family

Post by Amigoo »

Re: "Could there be another one (rebellion) once the correcting time is finished?"

The Urantia Book explains that once Michael (Jesus) became a Master Son after his resurrection,
further rebellions in this (his) universe cannot occur (they will be stopped before starting):

"And with the subsequent endowment of supreme sovereignty over your universe,
similar challenges to your authority can never recur in any part of your great personal creation." (120:2.2)

Rod :)
atsguy
Family

Post by atsguy »

Yea I remember reading that when I read through the urantia book, I was going to Correct my past post.
”Most of all, because we have seen and lived so much of what was wrong, we know so much better what is right.”
http://1111angels.net/old_files/E_Archives/list268.htm

1) http://theimmortalpath.com
2) https://new-birth.net
Sandy
Staff

Post by Sandy »

Good News!... thanks Rod.... I had forgotten that part. :bana:
xxSandy